PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Virtal Desktops

jcap
September 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
Sitting in class, I'm bored as h*ck half the time. I usually screw around on my laptop, but I don't want to be caught by anyone.

I'm interested in virtual desktops. Basically, I'd like something that works similar to my KVM where I just have to tap the ctrl key twice and it switches to something else. I could be instant messaging and browsing forums on one desktop, then if anyone is walking by, I just hit one button and it switches to the other desktop with my notes.

I've been looking for some, but finding one that works the way I want it to with Windows is a little difficult. Even if it isn't free, that's OK.

InnerGoat
September 21st, 2009, 10:59 AM
Who cares what you're doing on the computer. Are you still in junior high?

flibitijibibo
September 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Who cares what you're doing on the computer. Are you still in junior high?
Seconding. I sit in the back playing games all the time and nobody gives a shit, including the TA's.

jcap
September 21st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Of course they don't care what the hell you're doing. It's not like anyone is going to tell you to stop. I'm more concerned with staying on the "good side." If it looks like you don't care just because you already know everything you're being lectured about, it doesn't mean you have to be a complete dick about it too. I want to earn trust and respect, and I don't want it to be tainted by any appearance of me slacking.

flibitijibibo
September 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
If you do well on exams/assignments, you'll be on a list much better than "the good side".

Horns
September 21st, 2009, 03:33 PM
If you're willing to pay, get deskspace.
http://www.otakusoftware.com/deskspace/

If you don't want to pay try to look for a download to Yod'm 3D which is what Deskspace was before the original coder sold the rights to it.

Corndogman
September 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
http://www.brothersoft.com/doubledesktop-16011.html

Double desktop, was using it on XP for a while and all you have to do is press a button to switch to the other desktop.

No idea if it'll work on W7 though.

paladin
September 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
I avoid this forum at school simply because you can never tell when goatse will show up

Timo
September 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
True, but you'll only see something that extraordinary once in every 944 times. But don't worry, i'll be increasing that chance with more unique images soon!

Hunter
September 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
If you're willing to pay, get deskspace.
http://www.otakusoftware.com/deskspace/

If you don't want to pay try to look for a download to Yod'm 3D which is what Deskspace was before the original coder sold the rights to it.

I have used this before and it is pretty decent. I would recomend this.

paladin
September 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
True, but you'll only see something that extraordinary once in every 944 times. But don't worry, i'll be increasing that chance with more unique images soon!

well in some threads, not mentioning any specific, the titles are very misleading. It kind of awkward when gay secks or so other offensive or obscene image loads and I can hear the person behind me see.

TheGhost
September 25th, 2009, 01:55 PM
You can... hear people see?

Impressive.

paladin
September 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
You know, like you can hear them behind you eaither silently gasp or chuckle, but you cant actually see what theyre doing. you know what im talking about mr