PDA

View Full Version : (sp?)

TheSaintlyAlphonse
April 15th, 2007, 12:02 PM
what the hell does "(sp?)" mean????

i see people use it and i have no idea why :o

flibitijibibo
April 15th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Quote maybe? When I use it I mean single player, but that might not be what everyone else uses...

Zeph
April 15th, 2007, 12:16 PM
(sp?) means whatever you want it to.

SP means either single player or skill point based on whatever game it is you're playing.

jcap
April 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Spelling.

If a person is unsure of how to spell a word, but is not willing to look up its proper spelling, then they'll try their hardest to spell it most accurately with an (sp?) at the end.

Stealth
April 15th, 2007, 12:43 PM
When I use "SP", I mean "single player".

P-Thunder.
April 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Spelling.

If a person is unsure of how to spell a word, but is not willing to look up its proper spelling, then they'll try their hardest to spell it most accurately with an (sp?) at the end.

Thats me, my spelling is terrible. But fireFox helps me out now. = ]

CN3089
April 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Spelling.

This. Don't listen to the other people.

rossmum
April 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM
He doesn't mean 'SP'. He means '(sp?)' or '(sp.?)' which is used when the poster is unsure of the spelling of the word preceeding the abbreviation to signify this fact.

Edit:

Fuck, beaten.

RaVNzCRoFT
April 15th, 2007, 02:58 PM
When used between parentheses, (sp?) is a self-asked rhetorical question referring to the correct spelling of a word.

TheGhost
April 15th, 2007, 03:10 PM
It's when someone doesn't know precizely (sp?) the correct spelling of a word. They're pointing it out to acknowledge it ahead of time so they aren't ridiculed if they did spell it wrong.

RaVNzCRoFT
April 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
lulz (sp?)