PDA

View Full Version : New Ti Calculators (replacing Ti-84 and Ti-89)

legionaire45
April 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Buy me please.
http://www.ti-nspire.com/tools/nspire/images/product/84_pad.jpg
and the sexier version that has CAS but can't be used on a few standardized tests over here in the US
http://www.ti-nspire.com/tools/nspire/images/product/family_3.jpg

I is nerd.

Kornman00
April 15th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Hows the programming for it nowadays? any better?

PlasbianX
April 15th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Whats it called?

Kornman00
April 15th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Ti-nspire :-3

Pred1ator
April 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM
looks like cacalators are turning into high tech computers....

AAA
April 15th, 2007, 11:38 PM
looks like cacalators are turning into high tech computers....

ahh, but they don't support High detailed textures and 3D graphics....so, don't say it's a high tech computer! =P

legionaire45
April 16th, 2007, 12:03 AM
ahh, but they don't support High detailed textures and 3D graphics....so, don't say it's a high tech computer! =P

Nope, but they got rid of the monochrome screens and replaced it with a 320x160 B&W screen which is so much better then the Ti-83 I have. Also you can do a lot more sophisticated 3D stuff with this calc then the 84 and 89.

Patrickssj6
April 16th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I don't want to pay 200$ for a calculator >.>

What do I care what 2^12345 is....:D

Limited
April 16th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I dont understand..

Then again, I only use calculators to work out + - * / sqrt

Only mathematical work more than that is an assignment which is already in excel so I use their functions :D

Reaper Man
April 16th, 2007, 07:47 AM
A thread about calculators...? WRYYYYY?

Atty
April 16th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Because we are nerds, calculators get our blood flowing.

Oh the calculations. :horny: not rly

I wrote this for this thread. :)

Calculator, calculator,
help me with my math.
Help me do my homework
or I'll feel the teacher's wrath.

Calculator, calculator,
add these numbers quick.
Truly you're a wizard
with this tough arithmetic.

Calculator, calculator,
multiply, divide.
Decimals, percentages;
you solve them all with pride.

Calculator, calculator,
don't be such a jerk.k I used googz tbh
Thank you for the answers
but you have to show your work.

:)

Mr Buckshot
April 16th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I care about this thread. Good find! I use a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition, which cost $120 USD off Amazon and came with a CD and cables.

I'm in IB Math 11 Higher Level (IB = International Baccalaureate, a really hard world school program with exams similar to those of AP), so graphing calculators are my lifeline.

TI-inspire, here comes my wallet.

TheGhost
April 17th, 2007, 01:17 AM
http://www.ti-nspire.com/tools/nspire/index.html

Since I had to Google it.

IDK, I think they're kind of ugly, but the functionality is probably improved.

Reaper Man
April 17th, 2007, 03:50 AM
I'm in IB Math 11 Higher Level (IB = International Baccalaureate, a really hard world school program with exams similar to those of AP), so graphing calculators are my lifeline.
I'm taking IB next year. Higher level maths? Ouch. I tried to get away with taking maths studies, but my parents forced me to take standard. Sup higher level art, philosophy and biology.

Mr Buckshot
April 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
IB Higher Level Math is awesome. In my school, a minimum of 3 HL's is required, plus 3 SL's (standard level). I have Math, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as my higher levels and English and Geography as standards. Then there's TOK (Theory of Knowledge) and my school elective (electronics, with a super awesome 65-year-old teacher who plays Doom 3 on the overhead projector using a Dell XPS laptop).

Speaking of this TI-Nspire, I remember that my math teacher, who has a strong link to TI, showed us prototypes of these models back in December...they looked ferocious. By the way, Jim Nakamoto (my math teacher) may be familiar to anyone working in TI. I'm serious.

Let's break down the best functions:

save and review
Built-in geometry (I hope it's as good as those user-created TI-84 programs)
Multiple representations of one problem at the same time
"grab and move" graphing functions
Bigger screen
Superior 3D capability (I do 3-variable equations a lot, and the Graph3 app for TI-84 is kind of useless)

I hope these calculators are compatible with previous programs written for the TI-83/84 Plus calculators. Those games and cheat programs are very nice.

But when a calculator that can do geometric proofs actually comes out, I'm pre-ordering it way ahead of time.

Patrickssj6
April 18th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Spare me.I just wrote a Math Exam...

y=lg(2x^lg(10^6))

What do I care:eyesroll:

Cortexian
April 19th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Meh, In Cadets we're learning how they used to use calculus and advanced trig to predict the firing solutions that battleships used.

Math can be fun! See!

Then you relize that you fire, then a minute later the round misses because the enemy spotted you first and when into evasive manuvers to avoid your fire... Stupid simulators.

legionaire45
April 19th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Meh, In Cadets we're learning how they used to use calculus and advanced trig to predict the firing solutions that battleships used.

Math can be fun! See!

Then you relize that you fire, then a minute later the round misses because the enemy spotted you first and when into evasive manuvers to avoid your fire... Stupid simulators.
and that, my friend is why they developed homing-kitten missiles. they get a bomb and tape a cat to it xD.