PDA

View Full Version : So... Warehouse 13...

Rob Oplawar
September 23rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Who watches this show, and who saw the season finale?
Artie, nooooo! This is the second most upset I've ever been about the death of a TV show character, after Wash. :sobs:
Season 2 can't start soon enough.

Kornman00
September 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I have it prepped and ready to watch, but I usually watch it when I get the latest episode of Eureka. Actually, come to think of it I think the next handful of Eureka episodes won't be released until later so guess I'll be watching it tonight!

/me wonders whats hidden beneath the spoilers...

Futzy
September 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Haven't watched the latest one yet. Not a great show, but its alright.

Kornman00
September 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Not a great show, but its alright.
I thought the same thing when it first started but as the show went on I started enjoying it quite well. Peter and Myka I think add a certain zest to the show which levies the rather simple yet silly idea behind Warehouse 13. In a sense, W13 is just Ghost Busters meets National Treasure meets Harry Potter. They have this silly goo which "busts" these magical, typically historic, artifacts into submission where they can be transported to a warehouse (instead of that ghost soul jail camber thing fron ghost busters).

Overall I think they've done a good job at keeping the artifacts unique and usually with a neat and fun reference to real events/people from world history. It's far from the really fucking cheesy sci-fi original movies that used to get played (I say "used to" because I don't and can't keep track of that shit anymore). Oh god how those sci-fi OM were cheesy :ugh:

Rob Oplawar
September 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Well said, KM.

tHaPuPpEtMaStEr
September 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
never seen it must suck watch the mentalist instead

Kornman00
September 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Just watched the finale. I agree, season 2 can't start soon enough :(

Damn. You know they'll pull some kind of card from their sleeve on that last bit though and we find out he never really died or some shit. I mean come one...right? :ohdear:

Rob Oplawar
September 24th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I hope they don't bring him back. I mean, I wish they hadn't gone and killed him in the first place, but if they bring him back, then it loses all of its impact. I applaud them for creating a good enough character that when he died I was truly upset.
He'll still be in the next season in some form, clearly, but probably as flashbacks or some sort of artifact that temporarily preserved his personality for a one-time consultation or something.

Warsaw
September 24th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I thought Warehouse 13 seemed a lot like an American version of Torchwood...=|