PDA

View Full Version : So...Bones...

Cortexian
September 23rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Who saw the season premiere of Bones? I did, I enjoyed it, though it wasn't as funny as some of the previous seasons episodes... I hope Booth gets all sorted out, though we all know he was in love with Bones before the whole oh-god-I-banged-my-head incident.

ChemicalFizz
September 23rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
I missed it. Did Bones go through with the artificial insemination?

Cortexian
September 23rd, 2009, 05:48 PM
No, I think they wrapped that up before the season finale, last year... Though it wasn't mentioned at all this season, with the exception of:
the psychic mentioning the fact that Bones' character in her book was pregnant, and in Booths hallucinatory alternate world she was pregnant as well.

Cortexian
September 24th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Episode two was awesome, just finished watching it... I liked it quite a bit better than the first episode!

rossmum
September 24th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Fuck Australian TV for being slow, we probably won't be seeing Bones again until next year if past experience is anything to go by

n00b1n8R
September 24th, 2009, 09:06 AM
No great loss :downs:

tHaPuPpEtMaStEr
September 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
horrible show watch the mentalist instead

ChemicalFizz
September 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
get out.

tHaPuPpEtMaStEr
September 25th, 2009, 01:23 AM
shut the fuck up faggot

Cortexian
September 25th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Puppet master needs a ban!

ChemicalFizz
September 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Brennan better end up in bed with Booth or I will boycott this show.

Bodzilla
September 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
i dont understand the appeal for this show tbqh.

i've seen it a few times and it's just bland :/

ChemicalFizz
September 25th, 2009, 09:40 PM
It's like CSI, except it's more character-driven/focused on character development and focuses on forensic anthropology (hence, Bones) instead of the traditional forensic field like in Cold Case, Law & Order (both of which emphasize more about the Criminal Justice system than forensics), and CSI (CSI appeals to a lot of viewers because they actually simulate the death scenario, which explains a lot). It's like a lot of shows out there that focus on a specific forensic field (NUMB3RS with its emphasis on math, The Mentalist and its emphasis on psychology, and even Fringe which borders on the paranormal... Actually, I recant, Fringe is more or less science fiction). I just like Bones slightly better than the rest because it holds up to the Crime Drama aspect really well; they've done very well on the character development so far. Also, David Boreanaz, who's been a favorite of mine since his days in Angel, and Emily Deschanel, are simply amazing on-screen. They totally sell themselves to the audience. I really buy Deschanel's social awkwardness and "semi-Asperger's Syndrome."

Corgy
September 26th, 2009, 07:01 AM
It's like CSI, except it's more character-driven/focused on character development and focuses on forensic anthropology (hence, Bones) instead of the traditional forensic field like in Cold Case, Law & Order (both of which emphasize more about the Criminal Justice system than forensics), and CSI (CSI appeals to a lot of viewers because they actually simulate the death scenario, which explains a lot). It's like a lot of shows out there that focus on a specific forensic field (NUMB3RS with its emphasis on math, The Mentalist and its emphasis on psychology, and even Fringe which borders on the paranormal... Actually, I recant, Fringe is more or less science fiction). I just like Bones slightly better than the rest because it holds up to the Crime Drama aspect really well; they've done very well on the character development so far. Also, David Boreanaz, who's been a favorite of mine since his days in Angel, and Emily Deschanel, are simply amazing on-screen. They totally sell themselves to the audience. I really buy Deschanel's social awkwardness and "semi-Asperger's Syndrome."
Sounds terrible.

Watch The Mentalist.

Cortexian
December 12th, 2009, 02:51 AM
The Christmas special (Season 5 Episode 10) made me laugh at the way they incorporated Zooey Deschanel (Emily Deschanel's (Bones') sister) into the show as Bones' second cousin... I love it when TV shows and movies do shit like that. :)

LlamaMaster
December 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I always disregard this show as another fucking CSI/NCIS clone. I watched about 10 minutes of an episode once, and it didn't prove me wrong.

Heathen
December 13th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I always disregard this show as another fucking CSI/NCIS clone. I watched about 10 minutes of an episode once, and it didn't prove me wrong.

this

Cortexian
December 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
NCIS is a clone of CSI, Bones is completely different than either in my opinion.

n00b1n8R
December 14th, 2009, 05:51 AM
NCIS is a clone of CSI, Bones is completely different than either in my opinion.
Except NCIS is entertaining.

(the NCIS spinoff is shit though).

Cortexian
December 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
NCIS is dry and boring compared to Bones...