PDA

View Full Version : Listen to live(ish) Police/EMT/Fire Rescure radio chatter

Cortexian
September 23rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/

Just plug in your Country/State/City, find your city or closest to and listen away! There isn't one in my city, but I just listened to the Red Deer Police take down two guys who stole a vehicle, it was pretty entertaining.

Rook
September 24th, 2009, 12:00 AM
It's called a scanner?! they get real annoying after a while, my grandma has one.

Cortexian
September 24th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Yes it's a scanner, but it's online and streaming.

I'm not annoyed by it at all since I hear it constantly while flying/cadets/reserves.

Aerowyn
September 24th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I highly recommend listening to the radio around Pittsburgh (Allegheny County, PA) for the G20 summit.

I swear they have that whole section of Pittsburgh SHUT DOWN. They gave university students the week off, they're bringing in riot-proof metal fencing for around the building where the summit is being held.... they've even begun to board the windows of the art museum across the street.

Shit's going crazy down there to prepare for this stupid thing.

EDIT: the lady on this radio said SOMEONE just got pepper sprayed in the face. Ouch.

king_nothing_
September 24th, 2009, 12:56 AM
That's pretty awesome actually. All I'm finding around me though is Sheriff/fire stations. I was hoping for some city PD stations. :/

sdavis117
September 24th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I highly recommend listening to the radio around Pittsburgh (Allegheny County, PA) for the G20 summit.

Blackhawks, Troop Transports, Snipers? Are you sure I'm not listening to Afghanistan military communications?

:ohdear:

I love how tight security has been forced to become in the modern age. Back when America was founded, a couple guys with muskets would be good enough security.

Needles
September 24th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Oh no we have a fire :ohdear:

Ganon
September 24th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I wonder what they said on this when someone decided to crash into our kfc...

sdavis117
September 24th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Heard Police pepper spraying anarchist protesters. Twas fun to listen to.

legionaire45
September 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Lol, some black guy from north carolina with a preference for knives is about to get LAPD'ed...er...Rochester'ed?

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Any one got a shooting?

Limited
September 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM
What the heck is EMT? Also it puzzles me how this us legal.

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Anyone have anything interesting?
Right now I am listening to the g20 one.

Ganon
September 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
emt = emergency medical technician

Dwood
September 24th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I feel like I'm a member of the Inner Party or something.

Cortexian
September 24th, 2009, 08:11 PM
emt = emergency medical technician
This, basically paramedics.