PDA

View Full Version : Who has a good deal of knowledge about C#?

Craig
September 26th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Just wondering who knows C#, and is available to join a project

sdavis117
September 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Piece of advise, usually no one will join your team unless you give us some information, like what it is the person would be working on, how far the project is, and preferably screenshots of the project.

Craig
September 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM
That isnt what the question was about, though I admire you trying to help.

Cortexian
September 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Actually it is, you asked for people with knowledge of C# to join a project that you're working on. Which almost no one will do without actually knowing what this project is about.

Phopojijo
September 26th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah they speak the truth... you can't expect competent help for a project that they don't know a thing about.

Also -- since we have no idea what your project is about... lets say someone would be interested in your project ((if they knew what it was))

Is C# the best language for it?
How many other skills are required? Calculus? Linear Algebra? Abstract Algebra ((Oh I hope to GOD you're not making an encryption algorithm))? Database integration? ((These questions you may not be able to answer on your own, but insight into your vision will let a coder answer it his/herself))
Is it mostly GUI? Console input? Library programming?
What license(s) will the work be?

A bunch of things that needs to be considered.

((That's also ignoring a lot of the issues if there's going to be multiple programmers... like code-sharing. Dropbox could help that unless you're using something like Sourceforge))

And of course there's the problem of a lack of interest because people who "try to be secret" are just about always trying to do something illegal, noobs who want people to do work for (rather than with) them, or both.

So yeah, there's serious reasons why you want to give info on what you're trying to accomplish.

Now on the other hand, if you do give information about what you want to accomplish, and answer various questions... you'll immediately be a leg-over all the noobs and hacker wannabees.

TheGhost
September 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Haha Craig, good recruitment tactics.

Craig
September 27th, 2009, 06:50 AM
All very good points, the reason why I did not want to divulge information about the project was that I was very unsure as to the kind of replies that I would get, as I understand that this community, to put it bluntly extremely tempermental to say the least.

The project has been attempted by one of your own before, though was dropped and never developed further.

I was trying to stay within the confines of what you deem acceptable as a community, guess that I cant get around it either way.

Limited
September 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
All very good points, the reason why I did not want to divulge information about the project was that I was very unsure as to the kind of replies that I would get, as I understand that this community, to put it bluntly extremely tempermental to say the least.

The project has been attempted by one of your own before, though was dropped and never developed further.

I was trying to stay within the confines of what you deem acceptable as a community, guess that I cant get around it either way.Oh right, so it is Halo related?

Depends how big of a project it is, I know C# but time is limited for me, I have alot of other work commitments.

Craig
September 27th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Oh right, so it is Halo related?

Depends how big of a project it is, I know C# but time is limited for me, I have alot of other work commitments.

Correct it is Halo related, the project isnt as large as you might think it to be, It has no deadline, mostly just something to do in my spare time.

PM'd with more information, hopefully this way I can avoid any flaming than If I posted it :)