PDA

View Full Version : My Cat Got Hit By A Car :(

Limited
April 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Twiglet got hit by a car yesterday. She's alive, her tail nerve endings got fucked up. We took to the vet today he took some xrays and turns out the bone just in front of tail got jammed into the spinal cord. She can still move but she's having operation (about now actually) to have tail removed :( and to fix the bone that's hitting spinal cord. If it goes well, she will be okay but tail less. It's a 50% chance the vet will fuck up and her spinal cord will be perminantely damaged forever, meaning she cant move (whether that's just back legs or front or neck I have no idea)

So hopefully she'll be okay, any one else's cat got hit by car and made a full recovery?

Masterz1337
April 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
:( Sorry to hear, sadly, I don't know anyone who has had there cat hit by a car.

Pred1ator
April 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM
one of my aunts cat got hit by a car and died, lucky yours lived

rossmum
April 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Ouch, poor thing :|

One of our ducks got clipped by a car, broke her leg pretty badly. She was alright after a while though, had her for about 5 years before she died a few months ago.

Patrickssj6
April 16th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I would be sad if mine would die.My cat is ubber.

GL!

Kornman00
April 16th, 2007, 01:36 PM
.lalala

KILL, MAIM, RINSE, REPEAT!

ALL DOGS MUST DIE!!! :mad:

Love De Lux
April 16th, 2007, 02:02 PM

no u !:mad:

Good luck with your cat 9mm. :(

Dole
April 16th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Bestow upon your pretty little kitty my most sincere condolences.

Bah! I hope world agriculture breaks down after corn is wiped out by an international epidemic.

One of our ducks got clipped by a car, broke her leg pretty badly. She was alright after a while though, had her for about 5 years before she died a few months ago.
R.I.P. Peggy. :(

Where I come from ducks have people for pets.

TheSaintlyAlphonse
April 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
one time I smashed my cat with the garage door... he was there for like 2 hours too...

n00b1n8R
April 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
ducks have pets O.o

my aunt had a dog that got run over by a truck.

BUT HE LIVED
but they amputated his front right leg
i <3'd him (he got put down because of his terrible arthritis :( )

Dole
April 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
1. ducks have pets O.o

2. my aunt had a dog that got run over by a truck.

BUT HE LIVED
but they amputated his front right leg
i <3'd him (he got put down because of his terrible arthritis :( )
1. At a local pond, there's a flock of ducks native, friendly ducks.
Sometimes they fly into nearby yards and where the people feed them. Some of the kids play with them in the backyard, and then the ducks go back to the pond a little while later.

2. We have a dog (half pit bull, half beagle) who was hit by a car in 2002. She's fine now, with no amputations, and only gets bad arthritis during heavy rainstorms, like the Nor'easter going on now.

Leiukemia
April 16th, 2007, 05:41 PM
When I was around 2 or 3 years old we had a giant husky. She got hit by 2 cars and a semi before it killed her. Godamn thing was tough, but no contest for the semi.

Xetsuei
April 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
one time I smashed my cat with the garage door... he was there for like 2 hours too...

Do something like that again and I will come to your house and stab you several times.

Rob Oplawar
April 16th, 2007, 06:01 PM
My first pet cat was just a couple of months old when I got her, and she was the smartest cat you've ever seen... died of kitty cancer two months later
D'X

Hope your cat comes out of it ok.

Snowy
April 16th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear this... Any update on Twiglet?

Roostervier
April 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yeh... update would be nice. I've had 3 of my dogs die by getting hit or consequently we had to put them down. My cat is probably going to die from starvation, she is so damn skinny. Smart enough to be scared to death of cars though >_>(indoor cats ftw).

Limited
April 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM
She had the operation yesterday afternoon, they had to keep her in over night as they have to give her morfine. Shes home now though.

I'm glad to say she seems her jolly self again :) No pain when walking/sitting down or going down the stairs. Surgery was a complete success.

She does have a little stub on her ass (were tail was) which is a bit creepy but can't complain, least shes fine and in no pain :)

Poor cat having to go through this though. Shes been abused by her last owner (kicked her or not fed, we're not totally sure) so she went into cats protection. Thats where we got her from. Shes had a litter of kittens :), been attacked by other cats in our street and now hit by a car. And shes only a year and a half old :)

MereCatfish
April 17th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, my cat got run over pretty badly and survived. Somehow it limped back into the house with its leg hanging off.

Dead now, but for a different matter. It is the cat in my avatar, btw.

OriGinaL
April 17th, 2007, 03:16 PM
My dog was hit by a car and lived another 12 years

Patrickssj6
April 17th, 2007, 04:05 PM
She had the operation yesterday afternoon, they had to keep her in over night as they have to give her morfine. Shes home now though.

I'm glad to say she seems her jolly self again :) No pain when walking/sitting down or going down the stairs. Surgery was a complete success.

She does have a little stub on her ass (were tail was) which is a bit creepy but can't complain, least shes fine and in no pain :)

Poor cat having to go through this though. Shes been abused by her last owner (kicked her or not fed, we're not totally sure) so she went into cats protection. Thats where we got her from. Shes had a litter of kittens :), been attacked by other cats in our street and now hit by a car. And shes only a year and a half old :)
Wow...ghetto cat

If she starts rapping and releases an album let me know:)

EDIT::):):)so many

Kornman00
April 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM
sed by her last owner (kicked her or not fed, we're not totally sure) so she went into cats protection.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thats where we got her from. Shes had a litter of kittens :),
:highfive: