PDA

View Full Version : Why is my Xbox taking 10+ seconds to shut off completely?

annihilation
September 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
This started happening very recently.

Whenever I turn my Xbox off it will turn the lights off but the motor will continue going for 10+ seconds.

Is this something that usually happens?

Horns
September 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
My friends xbox does this whenever it's been on for a long time. Not sure why though.

Saggy
September 29th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Same here, it only does that if it's been on for a long time. Except, the power light will flash green at 3 second intervals or so, as if it's downloading something in the background. My console is from 2006 if it matters. Also, I have another one which is from this year and it doesn't do it.

Horns
September 29th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Possibly when the console is on for a certain lenght of time and gets hot enough the console stays powered on for a few minutes to keep the fans running and cool it down. Don't quote me on that though, it's just a thought.

Saggy
September 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Possibly when the console is on for a certain lenght of time and gets hot enough the console stays powered on for a few minutes to keep the fans running and cool it down. Don't quote me on that though, it's just a thought.
Makes sense, as that's about the only thing that keeps running.

Warsaw
September 29th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Are you using the play and charge kit on your controller? Mine does this if my controller has been drained and is still plugged in when the box is off.

Terin
September 30th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Are you using the play and charge kit on your controller? Mine does this if my controller has been drained and is still plugged in when the box is off.This. I need to unplug it before turning off the Xbox, or the fans will keep going.

annihilation
September 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
No, I don't use a play n charge but it was on for a very long time (like 8am to 3pm).

Dwood
September 30th, 2009, 12:35 PM
No, I don't use a play n charge but it was on for a very long time (like 8am to 3pm).

That'd do it.

Amit
September 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
My computer does the same thing when going into Hibernation, just it takes anywhere from 20 seconds to a full minute for the case and CPU fan to stop spinning.

Hotrod
September 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Same thing happens with my Xbox, as well as my computer when it goes into hibernation. I'm not too sure what causes it, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything important, so I'll just let it be.