PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Earth

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 30th, 2009, 05:45 AM
So, just wondering, who here has this game? I got it yesterday and I really like it, its first/third person (selectable by user) and the combat is realtime (like oblivion or fallout 3)
I'm wondering what you people think of the game.

RedBaron
September 30th, 2009, 09:33 AM
What's the subscription fee?

Pyong Kawaguchi
September 30th, 2009, 09:52 AM
15$/mo if you pay monthly, 14$/mo if you pay every 3 months, etc.

RedBaron
September 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Yeah... in my opinion the way companies charge those fees for MMO's is outrageous. The consumers already have to pay for the game just to install it, the average price of most PC games, and then ontop of that they have to pay quadruple that amount for a span of a year. What basis are the companies doing this off of? For the most part, it's not like they are personally responsible for the hosting of every single server. But then again, I also don't support xbox live from the shear fact that you could be playing the same exact multiplayer games on PC for free, with most of said games having better graphics on the PC.

Think I'm going to stick with my persistant ranking FPS's.

Cortexian
September 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah... in my opinion the way companies charge those fees for MMO's is outrageous. The consumers already have to pay for the game just to install it, the average price of most PC games, and then ontop of that they have to pay quadruple that amount for a span of a year. What basis are the companies doing this off of? For the most part, it's not like they are personally responsible for the hosting of every single server. But then again, I also don't support xbox live from the shear fact that you could be playing the same exact multiplayer games on PC for free, with most of said games having better graphics on the PC.

Think I'm going to stick with my persistant ranking FPS's.
... You just answered your own question, MMO games require server farms to run, it's not just a single PC sitting in their office running the game for thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of players. The costs associated with internet access and hardware for those kinds of servers is what drives the companies to off the game at pay2play prices.