PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2: New Mombassa

FreedomFighter7
September 30th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I was just watching the History Channel, and a show called "Nostradamus: 500 years later". About one hour in, (almost exactly one hour) there is some footage of France. I have to say, the rooftops look exactly like New Mombassa in Halo 2. Maybe this is where Bungie got some inspiration for Halo 2, even though it looks like crap? Also, I was watching some show a while ago and they talked about some ruins in Mexico (I think it was Mexico) that had been reclaimed by the jungle, with plants destroying it for a long time. It also looked exactly like the ruins on Delta Halo. Something called a Ficus (its a plant) has giant roots that are like 10 inches thick which tore apart the stone work, and I've seen these in Halo 2.

Peace out!

Con
September 30th, 2009, 10:14 PM
It's clear a lot of research goes into designing an game environment. Halo games are no exception. I wish I could see some of the reference photos Bungie used and to see how closely they were followed.

Dwood
October 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
They probably just did it for style

=sw=warlord
October 1st, 2009, 01:46 PM
They had to try and make it look semi futuristic but africa isnt the best known place for things being futuristic with mudhuts and all.

Siliconmaster
October 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
They had to try and make it look semi futuristic but africa isnt the best known place for things being futuristic with mudhuts and all.

Not all of Africa is mud huts. Lol. There are actual cities, you know. They might not be that futuristic, but they're not in the stone age either.

FRain
October 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM
also, they decided to build a fucking SPACE elevator there. Do you think it's going to get busier to ship packages interplanetary? You bet your ass it will.

Tristrum
October 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM
lol a space elevator "the fastest way to get your packages to your love ones on the moon take the express elevator PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PACKAGES MIGHT GET TO THERE DESTINATION BURNT OR DAMAGED WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOUR PARCEL! So remember when getting a package to your loved ones always use the space elevator" i could just imagine that lol but yea it must take at least a couple of months for a game level to be designed let alone a hole game plus all of the multi player do once you got the levels you pretty much got all the designs for them multi player maps