PDA

View Full Version : [ODST] How to complete Vidmaster: Deja Vu Easily

English Mobster
September 30th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Well, we all know that Annual was hard as fuck. So Bungie made things a bit easier with Deja Vu.
Begin the mission with Iron on, 4 people, Legendary, etc. Remember, don't take the Hog.
Instead, walk to the first "hole" you come to (where the road dips down a little bit).
You will see 2 ATVs and 3-4 Rocket Launchers. Pick up the Rocket Launcher and glance at how much ammo you have: 998 shots.
Piss your pants with glee and get that Vidmaster with a thousand times less work.

jcap
September 30th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Annual was hard as fuck? I thought it was rather fun, completing it about 5 times over the following weeks since the update.

For those people who can't get a party of 4 together to do the achievement, you don't actually need four people. When I got the Deja Vu achievement, we only had 3 players. So, we just hooked up one other controller as a guest. That extra player warped at every checkpoint, so we made sure to clear out the enemies and then proceed on. Also, for some parts, we just got him onto the back of the mongoose to keep everyone together.

Also, love the Rock Anthem for Saving the World playing.

Kornman00
September 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM
3-4 Rocket Launchers. Pick up the Rocket Launcher and glance at how much ammo you have: 998 shots.
Piss your pants with glee and get that Vidmaster with a thousand times less work.
say wat

English Mobster
September 30th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, 998 shots. You read correctly. Check for yourself.

=sw=warlord
October 1st, 2009, 03:54 AM
Yes, 998 shots. You read correctly. Check for yourself.
more like 1000, you forget the 2 rounds already loaded.
:downs:

Advancebo
October 1st, 2009, 05:18 AM
And if you need more ammo (if you somehow ran out), theres rocket launchers you can pickup on the way.

ThePlague
October 1st, 2009, 08:01 AM
Was still hard as fuck, even with that stuff for me. Took about 2 and a half hours, from constant death by anything and idiots shooting me with their rockets.

paladin
October 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM
With our group the rockets almost made it harder....

Limited
October 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
It was hard as fuck, Halo 3's was MUCH easier.

=sw=warlord
October 1st, 2009, 10:19 AM
It was hard as fuck, Halo 3's was MUCH easier.
Psh.
Pansies.
I managed to do it in about 50 minutes, i made sure if anyone betrayed i would introduce them to a new display called "punchscreen" you've heard of touch screen now youve heard of punch screen.
Lucky i got all vidmasters done because my xbox live subscription just ran out like 5 minutes ago.

Advancebo
October 1st, 2009, 01:42 PM
Psh.
Pansies.
I managed to do it in about 50 minutes, i made sure if anyone betrayed i would introduce them to a new display called "punchscreen" you've heard of touch screen now youve heard of punch screen.
Lucky i got all vidmasters done because my xbox live subscription just ran out like 5 minutes ago.

How does that get you Recon if Bungie cant connect to you :downs:

=sw=warlord
October 1st, 2009, 01:44 PM
How does that get you Recon if Bungie cant connect to you :downs:
I unlocked recon before live ran out.:downs:

sevlag
October 2nd, 2009, 06:11 PM
and you're treated to rock anthem for saving the world from halo:combat evolved

Delta4907
October 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
and you're treated to rock anthem for saving the world from halo:combat evolved
Too bad it doesn't last. I'd rather listened to that the whole way rather than that other theme that plays. (It's from "Special Delivery" on the soundtrack)

Corvette19
October 2nd, 2009, 11:40 PM
Has 48 hour trial if willing to help with vidmasters sometime :P
Warlord

Siliconmaster
October 3rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
Too bad it doesn't last. I'd rather listened to that the whole way rather than that other theme that plays. (It's from "Special Delivery" on the soundtrack)

Obtain the Halo 1 soundtrack---> loop in the music player. Tada, music of your choosing for the playthrough.

DEElekgolo
October 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
It was pretty easy with the mongoose and rockets, but the part with the banshees is SLDKGJSGLK.

sevlag
October 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
It was pretty easy with the mongoose and rockets, but the part with the banshees is SLDKGJSGLK.
yar ghosts ali9viate the problem but that one part with all the ghosts got annoying till i used a PP to drain them and systematically kill the pilots and take the ghosts

Spartan094
October 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
It took only 48 minutes for me even with the rockets. Banshee's and ghosts were the only issue's next to drones

Kornman00
October 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
next to drones
I took them all out with one shot :3

Hopefully I can do that again on the next try lol

Delta4907
October 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Obtain the Halo 1 soundtrack---> loop in the music player. Tada, music of your choosing for the playthrough.
IT'S NOT THE SAME. :saddowns:

Oh well, I didn't really end up liking the final mission that much to want to play it a lot.