PDA

View Full Version : So my bank...

Cojafoji
September 30th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Just charged me an overdraft fee of 175 dollars. This is because I mistakenly opened a pay stub from a week prior to that of my last payday, and because the ATM told me I had more money than I really did, AND because it took them FOUR days to overhaul their online banking system, during the time that this happened.

OD fees with this bank used to be 25 dollars. What the fuck. I'm really sorry for the rant, I'm just really pissed, and since it's 12:30 at night, I can't do SHIT.

Avoid TD Bank, because their new slogan is: If you slip up, we'll fuck you!

flibitijibibo
September 30th, 2009, 11:37 PM
1. TD Bank? Never heard of it.
2. 175? Holy balls, that's like 155 more than I've ever heard for an overdraw.
3. You would think that if a bank is going to be tweaking their online system, they'd be a bit more lenient, or at least look into your case.

So really, you need to either make them look into it (I mean, you have every reason to make them do so) or say "fuck you, moving on to a bank that people have actually heard of."

Chevy Chase was pretty good about an overdraw my brother did a couple-a years ago. Turns out their system was behind by a day, so they cut him a break.

Secret de-railan question! My student ID can be linked to a SunTrust account. Does anyone have experience with them?

Cojafoji
September 30th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Yes, it's pretty messed up. I plan on going in tomorrow with whatever spare time I can scrounge. Also, TD Bank is big on the east coast, it just absorbed Commerce Bank, and it just made the final integration transition when this happened. So, I'm hoping, nay, praying that they cut me a break, because I am fucking POOR.

Edit: Sorry no experience with them D:

paladin
October 1st, 2009, 01:20 AM
My over draft fees are $0

Bodzilla
October 1st, 2009, 03:03 AM
i think the banks are getting nervous on these kinds of things.

with the amount they are willing to give you in an over drawing debit cards are more alike then ever to credit cards yet they dont suffer the same regulation that credit cards have to display such as interest on over draws.

we are talking 1000's of percent in interest yet if their customers know this they tell them to take a hike.
last i heard they where putting forward some regulation for these things to make it more competitive by forcing them to show their interest on debit cards.
so for the next year while all this is passing they are going to be after your money.

=sw=warlord
October 1st, 2009, 03:42 AM
I may sound like an ass for this but, this is exactly the reason why the last 5 time's ive been offered an overdraft on my bank account i've denied it.

paladin
October 1st, 2009, 03:43 AM
I should amend my last post but im lazy, i meant credit union

Bodzilla
October 1st, 2009, 03:58 AM
i too am with the credit union!

Huero
October 1st, 2009, 05:26 AM
1. TD Bank? Never heard of it.

Pretty sure he means TD as in TD Ameritrade.
Funny, I've seen commercials for Ameritrade but not for the bank.

Timo
October 1st, 2009, 06:13 AM
I'm a student so I don't get charged interest on any overdraft B)

Heathen
October 1st, 2009, 07:07 AM
thats what overdraft is supposed to do...sort of.

But its really your own fault. Don't you know how much money you have in the bank?

Cojafoji
October 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM

But its really your own fault. Don't you know how much money you have in the bank?
Did you even read my post you stupid fuck?

StankBacon
October 1st, 2009, 09:32 AM
LOL

SMASH
October 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
I did something similar where my balance went under by a couple of cents and I used my card like 5 times on different small things at work and they charge $25 per time you use your card once you go under. It ended up being about the same in fees.

I went in and begged for the fee to be reduced. Cause I would've been under for weeks or months since there's also a charge every day it's not above 0. So they took off almost all of the charges except for the daily ones. I only had like $15 in fees to pay :).

Amit
October 1st, 2009, 02:30 PM
So really, you need to either make them look into it (I mean, you have every reason to make them do so) or say "fuck you, moving on to a bank that people have actually heard of."
]

Pretty sure he means TD as in TD Ameritrade.
Funny, I've seen commercials for Ameritrade but not for the bank.

TD Canada Trust. It's a big bank over here.

Ganon
October 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM

Cojafoji
October 1st, 2009, 02:44 PM
andddddd locked because i'm tired of the trolling remarks.

Cojafoji
October 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
LOL the bank refunded the 175 in over draft fees and gave me 70 more. I LOL'D.

FRain
October 3rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
LOL

Ganon
October 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
LOL