PDA

View Full Version : ross makes another pyf thread: anthems

rossmum
October 1st, 2009, 04:27 AM
yeah i'm bored so i'm making threads

you can post why they're your favourites if you want i guess

AwziS2aE6Ww
it's just so beautiful yet at the same time it says "fuck you, don't even think about messing with us"

meLpuF9UMvk
it owns, esp when being belted out by oilers fans (oilers are the best)

kMZfXN1UOpw
without a doubt the most fuck-off anthem in the world, but it sounds beautiful too. basically it owns.

You may notice the obvious lack of our own anthem from that list. It's not that it's a bad piece of music; it just lacks that special magic which turns a song into a national anthem. When I sing Advance Australia Fair, all I feel is that I'm really bad at singing and should probably quieten down and let someone competent drown me out. When I sing O Canada it literally brings tears to my eyes (maybe I'm just suffering from latent homesickness). When I hear the Russian anthem, it makes me hope that the next time a country is in need of a good stomping and we get dragged into it, the Russians come with.

Bodzilla
October 1st, 2009, 06:13 AM
you've always intrigued me with this ross, i just dont get the fascination with anthems.

it's alien strange and bizzare too me!

rossmum
October 1st, 2009, 07:55 AM
I don't get it either, to be honest. I just love a good anthem.

I full reckon ours should be Working Class Man or something hey, we actually played that in place of the anthem on assembly for muckup day and the entire school was belting it out. Fucking awesome.

Cojafoji
October 1st, 2009, 09:30 AM
how did i know that those three would be posted...

*facepalm*

rossmum
October 1st, 2009, 10:07 AM
because they own

Ganon
October 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM
dWGm8HvOrNI

:]

Cojafoji
October 1st, 2009, 08:09 PM
This one's pretty light and airy. though since the country changes hands like every god damn year, I wouldn't be surprised if it has changed by now.

ibKuOqEPANA