PDA

View Full Version : It was brought to my attention...

kid908
October 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
...why are there teeth in skeletons, specifically skulls? I mean, old people have their teeth fallen out at their age and have to get fake teeth. If they lost their teeth, why are there teeth perfectly intact in skulls?

Reaper Man
October 1st, 2009, 08:38 PM
Not all people lose their teeth when they get old, hth.

Ganon
October 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Not all people lose their teeth when they get old, hth.

wow really!

cheezdue
October 1st, 2009, 08:39 PM
Its probably because the tooth is rotting at the root.

jcap
October 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Teeth are basically extremely dense and strong bone (but they're not bone - they're tissue). It takes a lot to destroy them.

The reason people's teeth "fall out" is because of inflammation and infection as a result of bad hygiene.

Teeth don't actually fall out. The roots of teeth are rooted extremely deep into the jaw, which is why it is such a bitch to pull healthy teeth.

Chainsy
October 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM
Also you keep growing teeth, a 120 year old woman got her third set of teeth about 4 years back.
She's dead now.
Thus teeth are dangerous and should be destroyed.

rossmum
October 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
Healthy teeth are actually harder than most of the bones in your body if I recall correctly.

legionaire45
October 1st, 2009, 11:59 PM
The enamel that coats your teeth is the hardest bone that the body produces IIRC.

My teeth don't have much enamel for some reason and as a result most of my molars have fillings or crowns even though I take good care of my teeth. Genetics are a bitch.

Kornman00
October 2nd, 2009, 01:29 AM
Also you keep growing teeth, a 120 year old woman got her third set of teeth about 4 years back.
She's dead now.
Thus teeth are dangerous and should be destroyed.
:picsorstfu:

Matooba
October 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Teeth are the only part of the human body that can't naturally repair itself. Also, your teeth start growing 6 months before your born.

rossmum
October 2nd, 2009, 11:57 PM
Teeth are the only part of the human body that can't naturally repair itself. Also, your teeth start growing 6 months before your born.
uh excuse me what about brain cells huh huh

huh

Llama Juice
October 3rd, 2009, 01:15 AM
What's really fun is looking at teeth from 1000 years ago, tons of old shit that people dig up have nearly perfect teeth, whereas people today have teeth rotting after just 15 years. Think about back then... they didn't have crazy dentistry stuff going on, they didn't have magical toothpaste that makes your teeth awesome... instead they just went with it.

The fun thing is that all of our foods with the preservatives in them and such are destroying our teeth. All the awesome chemicals that help keep your food from rotting, are making your teeth rot.

Pretty sweet eh?

I also love how most toothpaste is poisonous... but only if you eat like a pea sized amount....so ya know... no worries.

Rook
October 3rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
What's really fun is looking at teeth from 1000 years ago, tons of old shit that people dig up have nearly perfect teeth, whereas people today have teeth rotting after just 15 years. Think about back then... they didn't have crazy dentistry stuff going on, they didn't have magical toothpaste that makes your teeth awesome... instead they just went with it.

The fun thing is that all of our foods with the preservatives in them and such are destroying our teeth. All the awesome chemicals that help keep your food from rotting, are making your teeth rot.

Pretty sweet eh?

I also love how most toothpaste is poisonous... but only if you eat like a pea sized amount....so ya know... no worries.

they didn't have all this soda that dumb parents give to their children at a young age !

kid908
October 4th, 2009, 12:32 PM
^
That's prob it.

CrAsHOvErRide
October 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Well in Egypt they had very bad teeth because they used sand as part of their bread.

Limited
October 5th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Um, probably because the skulls they keep digging up, are of people who died at a young age. People nowadays are living alot longer, its actually becoming a problem.

=sw=warlord
October 5th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Well in Egypt they had very bad teeth because they used sand as part of their bread.
i bet that must have hurt when they had a upset stomach.