PDA

View Full Version : I've got these fucking valuable codes, and I'm not just giving them away for nothing

TheGhost
October 4th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Actually, I am.

I just got this info from DreamHost, the host of Modacity and also all of my personal domains:

Although you can always create as many custom promo codes as you'd like, we are now offering special "DreamHost Invitations" to a select few customers.

DreamHost Invitations:

Are each good only one time!
Up our plan features to 2TB disk and 20TB bandwidth!
Give $150 off a 5-year signup or $200 off a 10-year signup!
Are way better than regular promo codes.. but are in very limited supply!

Please note: if anbody who used one of your DreamHost Invitations is ever disabled for fraud/spamming/illegal activities, you will immediately lose all current and future invitations... so please be discriminating with these things!

Congratulations! You currently have 5 unused invites, with the codes:

<codes here>

And that's it! Tell people to go to https://signup.dreamhost.com/ and use the 12-digit code you give them in the "promo code" field!

So, if anyone is looking for web hosting, or looking to switch hosts, and is interested in this offer, please let me know ASAP. They expire in two weeks.

You get all this shit listed here (http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting.html) from DreamHost.

I've been with DreamHost for 3 years, and like I said they host Modacity and all of my personal domains, so I can answer your questions. PM me if you are interested in a code, and if I send you one, please use it!! Any credit for hosting that DreamHost gives me for referring you will be counted as a personal donation (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17153) from you to this site! First come, first served.

Codes left: 1/5

Rob Oplawar
October 4th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Sorry Ghost, while the service does look like it's technically better (bigger numbers in terms of storage and whatnot), what I have is perfectly sufficient and even with the discount it's cheaper for me to stick with my current host.
Thanks anyway!

TheGhost
October 4th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah np, this thread is primarily for people looking to get some new hosting (I've had 2 or 3 people ask me in the past month).

Dwood
October 4th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I would love to have a server but: I ain't got no moolah.

kid908
October 4th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Damn. expensive (since I don't have a steady income b/c I'm not employed).
I do wish to get it, but I can't afford it at the moment.

Well do you get anything out of this ghost?

TheGhost
October 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Well do you get anything out of this ghost?

Absolutely. They will directly credit my account with some money depending on what you buy, etc. I'm not sure exactly what it will be, but it will definitely be something. That means my account will have a positive balance and the hosting bill will be deducted from that before my bank account :)

TheGhost
October 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, just a reminder that these codes will expire this week, and I have 3 of them left. Let me know if you are interested.

EDIT: Down to 2!

Cortexian
October 12th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Like the others, if I had some cash right now to spend on my own web host I'd take you up on this. However I've got my own domain and hosting already paid for by someone else for awhile.

Reaper Man
October 13th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I'm down for one, because I'm stuck on my dad's server right now, if you would be so kind.

TheGhost
October 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Awesome! Down to 1 code, guys, expires Friday!

SMASH
October 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
What is the actual cost on 5 years of hosting?

TheGhost
October 13th, 2009, 03:29 PM
$6.95/mo I think

TheGhost
October 15th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Last chance, guys! One code left! Expires tomorrow!!

paladin
October 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM
PM me one.

Advancebo
October 17th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Its already expired I believe

TheGhost
October 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Maybe. The control panel stills shows the codes. Maybe they extended it or something.

paladin
October 19th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Already got one from a friend. waved setup fee and $50 off