PDA

View Full Version : [ODST] Halo 3 ODST Fun Game.... Or Communist propaganda

Dwood
October 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Posted by: Buggy Virus

Before Reading Look at the Symbology in the different Logos
Bungie (http://marathon.bungie.org/story/_images/BungieSticker.JPG) Fist holding lightning bolt surrounded by swords

UNSC (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/f/fe/Perfect_Black_UNSC_logo.png) Eagle protecting (or controlling) a planet

Oni (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/1/15/ONI_Seal_1.png) An All seeing, all knowing eye

The title is only half the truth.

I was Playing ODST earlier when it hit me, all the pieces fit perfectly, Bungie, the odsts the city. It all lead to one conclusion: Communist Propaganda.

You may think, "Pfft, no." But look a bit closer and you will see it all.

Yes many of these points support a more totalitarian than communist thesis, but simply most of the community thinks they are the same thing or don't understand totalitarianism, so I used communism as the basis since more people would be able to understand the ideas.
Although it does still connect with the USSR a totalitarian state

The Superintendant
The Superintendant runs everything in the city, the buses, the trains, everything. And as you walk around it becomes apparent that this control over these things really does totally control all the city.

The superintendant is able to close off entire sections of the city, take over all the monitors and broadcast public messages.

It even has camera's and microphones around the city to spy on the citizens.

Even the Keep it clean motto is the obvious warning to not say anything against the government.

And so this government controlled entity controls the whole city.
It sees everything
It hears Everything
It knows Everything
It controls Everything

The superintendant inside ODST

The superintendant is made out to be this helpful program that whisks you through the city, no better way could show make this totalitarian entity seem good and nice.

already around Bungie Community everyone loves him, oblivious to the dark message behind him of spying on the community for the government and keeping everyone "clean".

The Buildings

I noticed quite quickly in the game that all the buildings and architecture basically repeat through the levels although the scenery around them changes.

This is not lazy modeling, but rather, a direct correlation to Bloc Apartments!

For those of you who don't know what those are, when Soviet Russia set up Communes Peasants were shipped in from the countryside and forced to take residents in large apartment complexes, mostly these buildings were all the same style and architecture.

The buildings in ODST are all nearly the same and the insides are austere and plain.

The Cars

The cars littering the city streets aren't as innocent as they seem, if you noticed they were all the same design and make... so?

So it is because they are all government made and rationed cars of one kind as was done with some products in the Soviet Union.

These cars are made to look stylish as if this system is good, but again it is simply propaganda to what it is really.

The ODSTs!

The ODST's are this societies Shock troopers, they are made to seem heroic and rough individuals, but really these are the societies storm troopers against the outside influence.

But what would they be like during peace time.

Just look at the police, they are heavily armed and armored, why would a city police force need such intense gear.

The Covenant

The covenant represents in all things, the Western world.

Think about it, greater general technology (economic power), but our technology is equal on a scrappier and totally tool like basis, just like US technology in comparison to the Soviet Union's.

The Different species represent all the nations that assembled against the Soviet Union and their diversity in culture, whereas the human society in the game only have one species.

Furthermore this popular covenant within itself is seen as a symbol of evil from the UNSC's Stand point.

Covenant Religion

In the soviet union Atheism was the official policy, just look at the halo series.

The Covenant's belief in the great journey is made out to be ridiculous and suicidal and deadly to the humans. And most of all fanatical.

And their obsession with the lost race of the Forerunners shows how the west is obsessed with the past as the Soviet Union Moves forward.

NNTA

I saw this plastered everywhere, obviously the government in charge of the society, figured out is stands for:

New Nationalist Tradition Agency.

Extra Points Edited in

The Health Dispensers

What really were the health dispensers rather than provision dispensers to the public where they would pick up their food in times of peace.

The Audio Logs

One audio log stood out to me the most, it consisted of a young girl enthusiastically saying she was going to join the UNSC and serve humanity.
Then the shows the man who discourages her in a derogatory way, and all this, to push the point... was recorded by the superintendant.

Colonies Breaking have their own governemnts

This is a counter argument, but simply I argue that if colonies are established far enough away simply they won't have the same government at first and will either break away later or copy their parent country.

I have heard from people who read the books that many of these colonies wish to break away, but are forced by the UNSC to stay together (satellite countries).

Al la Fin

From Buggy Virus

Discuss? :gonk:

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Advancebo
October 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Seems more like a random rant.

BuggyVirus
October 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yes... good... Good... Exactly to my designs

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=37447838&postRepeater1-p=1

URL of original Post, sorry, I'm new and have no clue how to work the forum links yet

Delta4907
October 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Just more stupid crap from the forums of Bungie.net.

I agree with Advancebo.

BobtheGreatII
October 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Lame...

Ganon
October 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
lamo

Kornman00
October 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah, someone is looking way too deep into things. Any time you look at something with a microscope you're going to find similarities and patterns. Just look at the movie 23!

Someone even compared ODST to Dante's Inferno recently. As time goes forward, it's no secret that people will use history and past artistic works to mold something "new" into their own for public enjoyment.

FRain
October 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
rfol

Delta4907
October 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
rfol
Rolling floor on laughing?

Ganon
October 4th, 2009, 04:11 PM
really fucking outloud laughin

BuggyVirus
October 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Seems more like a random rant.

What else is the internet for?

Huero
October 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
It's no secret that the UNSC is completely totalitarian, but it's hardly a communist organization.
even if they were why would, and why should you give a shit

sdavis117
October 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Of course ODST isn't Communist Propaganda. That is just crazy talk.

Now give me a few minutes while I distribute some Communist Fliers to my Comrades.

SnaFuBAR
October 4th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I gave up reading this drivel.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6402/ussaek6.jpg
USSA FOREVER

TeeKup
October 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
It's no secret that the UNSC is completely totalitarian, but it's hardly a communist organization.
even if they were why would, and why should you give a shit

The United Nations Space Command (UNSC) is the military, exploratory, and scientific agency of the United Earth Government (UEG). The UNSC was formed in the 2160's, during a time where remnants of old cultural ideologies clashed for supremacy in the Sol System. The UNSC served mainly as overseer of United Nations military operations in space. After initiating massive militarization propaganda throughout its off-world colonies, through the UNSC, the U.N. defeated Communist and Fascist forces in a conflict generally known as the "Interplanetary War", which consisted of several side-battles that took place on Mars, the Jovian Moons and the South American rainforests. Although the Interplanetary War brought a great deal of suffering to both the colonial population and the residents of Earth, it also united humanity's military forces into a common armed force by the end of the 22nd century.

Prior to the Covenant's attack on Harvest in 2525 [2], humanity was in chaos, fighting in multiple fronts, on planets, against a group known as the Insurrectionists who wanted independence from the United Earth Government. The UNSC, more specifically, the UNSCDF, constantly battled against the Insurrectionists. In an attempt to help end the long running war against the Insurrectionists and rebels, the UEG commissioned the SPARTAN-II Program, which created elite super-soldiers to combat separatists and the insurrections they spawned. When the Human-Covenant War began and the alien invaders began decimating the Outer Colonies, these Spartans became humanity's best hope against the technological superiority of the aliens. When the war began, the UNSC truly became humanity's greatest (and arguably only) defender.

This fact allowed the UNSC to override civilian rule and establish itself as humanity's primary government. Although the United Earth Government was more open to step down, the Colonial Administration, the arm of the UEG ruling over the colonies, resisted the UNSC's rise to power, and was thus stripped of its power.

As Huero just said, no shit its totalitarian, just read the damned Halopedia article. See the bold areas. As the article states "The UNSC is the military, exploratory, and scientific agency of the United Earth Government." Communism is an economical idea and system, which the UNSC has no control over.

Anyone to fall prey to this rant is just dumb. :/

Dwood
October 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Yes many of these points support a more totalitarian than communist thesis, but simply most of the community thinks they are the same thing or don't understand totalitarianism, so I used communism as the basis since more people would be able to understand the ideas.
Although it does still connect with the USSR a totalitarian state

Pls read the post all the way, as that was covered already.

TeeKup
October 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
...I'm well aware of that, I was pointing out communism wasn't a good basis because its an economic ideal, not a form of government.

Lateksi
October 5th, 2009, 08:56 AM
There are lots of similarities but no real intentions to make us think like soviets.

Huero
October 5th, 2009, 04:42 PM
In the soviet union Atheism was the official policy

wrong. suppression of religion was the official policy. should probably correct that; though i suppose from your twisted point of view it's still valid