PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a 64GB iTouch...need opinions (useful ones, hth)

Atty
October 6th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Don't say the zune is better or that iPods suck, I use it for three things: working out, curing my bordem, and for music in my car. Since all my cars support Apple fluently I chose Apple, so no faggotry, thanks.

ANYWAY; Can you jailbreak iTouch's? If so, is it worth it? What new, exciting things can I do with this? Are there any good cases to consider? I'd prefer one that has a attachable arm band for working out/running but preferably one that's secure and doesn't come lose and propel my iPod across the sidewalk like my Classics case did.

thanks bros

Cojafoji
October 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM
yes you can, yes it's worth it. get a rubberized case for the thing, with a screen cover.

Wakeboy1337
October 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
You cannot jailbreak the 3rd gen ipod touch, yet. The 3rd gen is what you have. Rubber case is a must. Also getting an otterbox would be good too.

Atty
October 6th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I am not getting an otterbox. I've used one on someone's blackberry and jesus christ, no point to that.

Wakeboy1337
October 6th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I was just thinking about for when you are working out you can put it on your nick or belt and if it does happen to fall or somehow get launched into the air there is still a chance of it surviving unscathed.

Cojafoji
October 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
if it's fw 3.0, and not 3.0.1 you can jb it.

Wakeboy1337
October 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM

All of the new ipods are 3.1. Including the 64 gig model :\

Atty
October 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I was just thinking about for when you are working out you can put it on your nick or belt and if it does happen to fall or somehow get launched into the air there is still a chance of it surviving unscathed.Won't work. Only safe place to have it attatched is the upper forearm, doesn't restrict movement or impeade muscle flexing during exercises and depending upon placement around the arm it only gets in the way in very close grip arm exercises and cable routines. I've been borrowing my grandmothers iTouch and she has a belt clip on hers, gets in the way of every work out it seems, and more than once a Dumbbell drop has come dangerously close of knocking it.

klange
October 6th, 2009, 11:20 PM
You can jailbreak 3.0.1... You can even jailbreak 3.1 except on a newly purchased 3GS.

Wakeboy1337
October 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Won't work. Only safe place to have it attatched is the upper forearm, doesn't restrict movement or impeade muscle flexing during exercises and depending upon placement around the arm it only gets in the way in very close grip arm exercises and cable routines. I've been borrowing my grandmothers iTouch and she has a belt clip on hers, gets in the way of every work out it seems, and more than once a Dumbbell drop has come dangerously close of knocking it.

Oh, well I'll see what I can find for you.

You can jailbreak 3.0.1... You can even jailbreak 3.1 except on a newly purchased 3GS.
Right, but you cannot jailbreak a 3.1 iTouch yet.

Kornman00
October 7th, 2009, 03:23 PM
http://www.myvu.com/

Matooba
October 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

paladin
October 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM
JailBreak is a must when available... Pokemon can't beat its self.

Heathen
October 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
yes you can, yes it's worth it. get a rubberized case for the thing, with a screen cover.

exactly my words.