PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors Newbie

odseraphim
October 8th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I just got a new 22" Acer to sit next to my other one, I have them both facing inwards towards me (too large to see the screens comfortably otherwise). I am thinking of getting a stand for both of them so I don't drive myself batty readjusting when I accidentally move one of them off a degree. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994005 is the one I was looking at.

Anyways, on to the important stuff:

I'm looking for Free programs that will give me an additional toolbar that supports themes (I'm running Noir)? I also would like to get it set up so whatever application I have running, runs only on the monitor I opened it on. Not sure if that's even possible, but I'd like to think that someone has made a solution for that.

Also, I saw the hacked way of putting separate wallpapers on the two monitors, is there a proper way of doing it, perhaps with one of those programs I'm seeking?

Finally, is there a good place to get 3360 x 1050 wallpapers if I can't do dual monitor wallpapers the proper way? I've found various sites, but the only good one was gamewallpapers.com, and it requires $ to download f'n wallpapers.

Thanks.

klange
October 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I get all my 3360x1050's from the really big panos people post here. Except my current one, which is a custom compilation of two sketches by the guy who does MegaTokyo (webcomic)...

odseraphim
October 8th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I get all my 3360x1050's from the really big panos people post here. Except my current one, which is a custom compilation of two sketches by the guy who does MegaTokyo (webcomic)...
I'm assuming you mean the wallpaper thread(s)?

klange
October 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I'm assuming you mean the wallpaper thread(s)?
Studio -> Photography threads. I usually ask before using them.

Skarma
October 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I remember when I had dual monitors setup, I was running 2 cards on SLI. The nvidia control panel made it easy to setup. When I opened an application, it opened on whatever screen I double clicked it on. I could move applications across monitors too. Only thing that was duplicated on each screen was the wallpaper...I never did either figure out how to have seperate wallpaper. Make sure your card manufacturer doesn't have some nifty tools you could use for your setup.

InnerGoat
October 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
displayfusion to handle your wallpaper needs - it's free

ultramon will do everything you ever wanted though, you should consider that over the free apps imo

Cortexian
October 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
The Ergotron's are great monitor stands, I was looking into getting one for my three 24" monitors but it looks like there's only a few monitor stands out there that support screens this large...

I also recommend Ultramon.