PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] It's Harder, it's Better, it's Faster, it's Stronger, it's Yoyorast Island V2 !

yoyorast
October 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM
:woop::woop: :neckbeard::neckbeard::woop::woop: :woop::neckbeard::neckbeard::woop::woop::gonk:

My joy is Soooooooo big ! Guys, it's here afterall, my 4 years map dream finally came to reality. Hope you will enjoy it and make it a big success. it's not a whole new map for those who're used to V1 but it's a big update that keeps the good V1 sides, correct many problems, adds tons of new paths and shape changes, new strategic sturctures + new "panic" Doors and shileds that will spice up the game. And off course I tried to improve the design as much as possible. Also strategic places are now named to help you find your way and become like meeting places. There's so many new stuff... you'll see by yourself what changed since V1.

4 years since I started this update... Dam, I never thought it would have taken so much time...

What took so long? Here is the list :

Modeling / remodeling in an innovative way in terms of gameplay and design (like 1 and a half year) + lots of remodelings as shortcuts were found, til some month ago, so remodeling never really stoped + I couldn't help myself adding new ideas and stuff all along the process.
I spent like 4 month + plenty of time after that to remodel the stuff to turn the poly number down and simplificate the design to help removing the big clipping problem, nightmare work !
Don't remember how much time I spent on texturing and deal with UVW stuff.. it has been another nightmare.
As I don't use HEK stuff, it took much more time to get any final result cause I had to make tons of schemes for my partners to do the work... doing this way makes the development process like 2 or 3 times more important.
Dealing with my partners disponiblity, also sometimes I was with no partners anymore lol, this resulted in big looses of time... this way the project have been sleeping for several month... without speaking of the time we lost almost all the tags... this slowed everything for some time also.
Some big works on my partners side have taken time too, some times things have been done the wrong way and others been redoing and redoing things : ATV, Custom hog Skinning, pinup implementations, musics, Portals (so many guys made and remade them), biped anims, Lights, Scripting off course, etc...
Also, I think the map is so complex that making everything work together have been a real challenge and took time to be made. It has been a special work for a special map... I got like 150 builds from my diferent partners since the start of the project. I let you imagine all the test and fix it requiered...

Anyway, I want to deeply thank my last and biggest partner Inferno, he made a wonderfull Job, without his skills and work, the map would still be in "work in progress state" today, that's for sure. Thank you so much man for all you did (see the credits) and most of all for making these dam doors and shileds work with your magic scripts (with some =CE= Chris help sometimes, thanks to you too man); also for making the random teleporters work so fine... these were real challenges and you made them work.
Also Deep thank to TheFieryscythe for his work on portals that fixed the clipping problem. It seemed impossible... he never gave up. Also for his work on so many lightmap versions.

Special thanks to Polarbear for yoyorast.com creation and Freelancer for his wonderfull moderator job, for having made the 1st yoyoV2 trailer and for hosting the betatest on his server; to all the supporters at yoyorast.com & all over the net; to Masterz1337 for his help on choosing my partners, tech advice, vehicle horn; deep thank to all the betatesters (sorry guys, can’t list everyone); to ShadowSpartan for his support, for recovering the lost tags and protecting the map.

Thanks to my beloved Emma for her support during these past 3 years.
Thanks to my Family & friends.

There's so much in this map, it's really pushing halo to the limits ;)

Link to the map in inferno's post :haw:

Yoyorast: Creator / Modeler / Gamedesigner / Artistic direction / Team Management / Pinups textures / Populations & gametypes planning / Musics choice / Final ground textures / Custom hog creation / Polygon reductions / Normal maps making / “jump’in samples” / Texture applying & UVW works / Ground texture v2 (final)

TheGhost, Skyline, E3po, Inferno: Max error correcting / HEK works / map. building / Tags making

Baturkin: yoyo v1.5 1st build / Custom hog in game v1 + radar fix (final)
Haloguru: Custom hog fixes and lights
TheGhost: Ground texture v1 / yoyo V2 1st build / Portals v1
Skyline: Gametypes v1 / Portals v2 / Weapons & vehicles population v1
E3po: Horns in game v1 / Shaders v1 / Musics v1 & pinup ingame / Portals v3
CtrlAltDestroy: Doors & shields / scripts v1
D4NO: Custom hog & door textures
ShadowSpartan: Lost protected tags / recovering (he deserves a dinner with Elisha Cuthbert) / Big support / Fixed Custom hog (final), Map protection
Inferno: “jump’in samples” integration / Random tele scripts / Gametypes v2 (final) / Weapons & vehicles population v2 (final) / Gold sniper / Musics ingame v2 (final) / Doors & shields scripts v2 (final) / Portals v4 / Shaders v2 (final)
=CE= Chris: Scripting help and fixes
Matooba: H3 Mongoose creation / Driver anim.
TheFieryscythe: Final lightmaps / Portals v5 (final) / Smoothing groups / Last remodeled parts integration / Lights settings / Clipping removing / Last minute lights adding
Disaster: Ground texture retouch
Teh Lag: ATV 3p anim. v3 (final)
FlaminGrain: ATV 3p anim. v2
DEEhunter: 1st lightmap test
HDoan: ATV 3p anim. v1
CMT: H3 Spartan Laser
Pyong: ATV physics fix
Sinow: Menu work
Sgt. Botley: ATV textures & skinning

Musics: Barcarolle / J. Offenbach / Ave Maria / F. Shubert / Dance of the hours / Ponchielli / Zarathustra / R. Strauss / The Blue Danube / R.Strauss

“jump’in samples”: Matrix Theme / Crystal Method / Billie Jean / Michael Jackson / Parisien du Nord / Cheb Mami / Baby did Bad Bad Thing / Chris Isaak

Thanks to Bungie / Gearbox for creating Halo (yoyoV2 model is still to sell, I’ll make a good price for you guys;) for Halo4 maybe.

Thanks to René & Nicole for creating me.

Note that Yoyorast Island V2 model is right protected, Yohan Lévy 2009

PS: Thanks to all of you guys there’s a piece of everyone in the rock of this island, it woulnd’t exist without you. Next project is to build it for real, who’s with me?

Have fun!

Yoyorast

Visit www.yoyorast.com (http://www.yoyorast.com)
Visit www.modacity.net (http://www.modacity.net)
Visit www.halomaps.org (http://www.halomaps.org)
View and add video of the map at www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com) ...just type : "yoyorast"

DOWNLOAD (http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/Yoyorast%20Island%20V2%20Release%20Build%20-%20Yes%20we%20know%20thats%20impossible.rar)

Inferno
It's been a long time in the making and THOUSANDS of failed betas and builds but it's finally here! I'm proud of the work we accomplished and I hope everyone enjoys playing it as much as we did making it.

:iamafag:

And don't forget the download link! And don't forget our light green bars! Rep fire scythe to for helping out so much!

DOWNLOAD (http://dedi-servers.net/ftp/dmt/Yoyorast%20Island%20V2%20Release%20Build%20-%20Yes%20we%20know%20thats%20impossible.rar)

BobtheGreatII
Cool stuff. I'm rather excited.

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM
congratulations, it really is a fun map.

StankBacon
October 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
congrats on the release guys, glad i was able to help and be a part of the team, even if it was a while back.

:woop:

ps, rep me too.

Cortexian
October 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Uploading to my server now... I was told that the release would be held until my server was up and running, but apparently people don't have the self restraint to wait a few minutes.

teh lag
Glad to help with this, sorry I took my sweet time in doing it, and congrats on release!

chrisk123999
About time. Can't wait for my computer to get back from repair to play online on it.

StankBacon
October 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Uploading to my server now... I was told that the release would be held until my server was up and running, but apparently people don't have the self restraint to wait a few minutes.

crybaby.

also upping on the [HIV] server, which isn't shitty.

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

classic freelancer post

Con
October 11th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Congrats guys, this day is big for both you and us.

*rushes to finish research report*

Horns
October 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
<3 the thread title.

Jean-Luc
October 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Congrats!!!

:neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckb eard::neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM
THIS MAP WILL BLOW YOU

Cortexian
October 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM
crybaby.

also upping on the [HIV] server, which isn't shitty.
My server pings > [HIV] server pings.

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
My server pings > [HIV] server pings.

you = tryhard faggot :eng101:

teh lag
October 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
isn't ping something you want to have less of

Inferno
October 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Lol freelancer.

Low ping good UGUGUGUG! High ping bad! UGHGHGH
</caveman>

Cortexian
October 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
you = tryhard faggot :eng101:
you = tryhard troll :smith:

isn't ping something you want to have less of
You know what I mean.

My server is up.

taterSALAD
October 11th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I just pissed my pants when I saw this post.

:neckbeard:

StankBacon
October 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM
map up and running on the [HIV] server (http://www.hivclan.net/forums/site.php?pid=33006).

Join via xfire (xfire:join?game=haloce&server=66.55.137.27:2302)

n00b1n8R
October 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
POOKY
CUT YOUR CAHONIES OFF
TAKE PICS

http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/emot-smug.gif

Lateksi
October 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM
One word. Sweet! Congratz! OK that was two words.

NerveBooger
October 11th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I'm giddy. Congrats on completing the map. Parts of me think this is just a tease though.

sdavis117
October 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I gotta go party, with the world ending and all due to the impossible happening.

Betas were fun, good to see this map being a regular part of CE (and me having a chance to play it outside of beta tests).

Timo
October 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
:neckbeard:

Vicky
October 11th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Nice job!

Limited
October 11th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Well, its been one hell of a trip guys, cant believe its been 4 years, it felt like a long time but dang 4 years, I'm pretty sure it has been worth it.

Congrats to Inferno fixing the kinks, I recently thought it might have been a too big project, but you prevailed and I commend you for that.

It's been a roller coaster Yoyo, I remember testing the early versions of v1 with you and rams, great times, sadly v2 rams and I werent testing as much but now its out, we should all get together again :D

Rams is gonna have a heart attack when he finds out its been released :D

Good job team :)

Higuy
October 11th, 2009, 07:16 PM
and to be honest i thought this shit would never be done.
When I joined back in 2006 I though Yoyorast v1 was awesome becuase it had great gameplay, and was alot different then your everyday normal map.

Now its been almost 4 years since I joined, and v2 has been released. Really excited. All the beta's I played were amazing, and still held that classic yoyorast feel. The new stuff like the doors and names were a great idea aswell, and adding the banshee was a pretty cool too. The mongoose is awesomelly revamped from the first one. I can see alot of hard work that went into this to make this map awesome.

Great job guys.

English Mobster
October 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Finally.
Good going guys.
Also, shouldn't this be in the release section?

sdavis117
October 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
It's amazing how you guys turned a map that is on an island smaller then Death Island (correct me if that is wrong) into one of the largest maps in Halo CE.

And do all of that without spreading out the action too much.

You deserve the positive rep bombs you guys are about to receive.

SonicXtreme
October 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Yet another one for the CE history books , great going to all those who helped out and especially to Yoyo for carrying this project until the very end! :D

Sel
October 11th, 2009, 07:23 PM
About time.

Congratulations on finally finishing it, however some stuff I would like to point out.

There's an issue that locks up the game for a few seconds at a time that happens VERY OFTEN. It makes the game unplayable when it happens.

Second, the loading screen still says yoyov2 beta. gg inferno you horrible mapper~

chrisk123999
October 11th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Someone's smart.

Inferno
October 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
The problems with locking up is with the mongooses exit calculation. I don't know why.

Fuck me I swear I changed the title. :saddowns:

Abominable Snow Mobster: there are so many people downloading
Abominable Snow Mobster: i am currently downloading at 100 kb a second
Abominable Snow Mobster: on FIOS
Inferno Pro: wooo
Abominable Snow Mobster: send me the zip, i dont feel like waiting that long
Inferno Pro: srsly we had kiddies in the server within like 10 seconds
Inferno Pro: randoms
Abominable Snow Mobster: yeah
Abominable Snow Mobster: its slooooowwww
Inferno Pro: dedi-servers.net is probably like WTF WHERE IS OUR BANDWIDTH
Abominable Snow Mobster: i know
Abominable Snow Mobster: USE THE XFIRE, INFERNO
Abominable Snow Mobster: REACH OUT WITH YOUR FEELINGS
Abominable Snow Mobster: AND JUST SEND THE ZIP FILE OVER XFIREE
Abominable Snow Mobster: BECAUSE I DONT FEEL LIKE WAITING THAT LONG
Abominable Snow Mobster: 30 MB at 100 kb/sec
Abominable Snow Mobster: if that
Abominable Snow Mobster: ETA completion is hovering at 20 minutes
Abominable Snow Mobster: sometimes dipping up to 30
Inferno Pro: hahhaa
Inferno Pro: its srsly sthat slow?
Abominable Snow Mobster: yes
Abominable Snow Mobster: im at 3%
Inferno Pro: man this shit must be on fire
Inferno Pro: i bet we melt the server
Abominable Snow Mobster: i downloaded the beta builds in 5 seconds flat
Abominable Snow Mobster: if that

tythespy
October 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Finally, Great map, everyone download this now!

ultama121
October 11th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I love it. :D

Do you know what would also be really cool though?

Hypothetically speaking, it would be awesome if a guy named Llama Juice converted this lovely map to Xbox. I sure would love that!

Timo
October 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Played a bit now, good fun :] Although the buttons have a massive delay from when I click to action, though

Higuy
October 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
looks like its awesome then if its melting servers and stuff huh
:caruso:

Inferno
October 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Finally, Great map, everyone download this now!

Lol stop boating thyespy.

chrisk123999
October 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Not that anyone agrees with me, but I think you should fix the text for the copy you upload to halomaps.

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 07:44 PM
its fine tbh

=sw=warlord
October 11th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I wonder if your still using those mongoose shaders from last year.
i would check ingame but i've lost my CD and halo is now saying installation is invalid so could someone take a screenshot of the mongoose for me?
Also congrats on finaly getting it out the door.

Reaper Man
October 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Whoo finally, Yoyorast was always one of my favorite maps to play back in the day with ross and the =EP clan

Alwin Roth
October 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
The Wait was worth it.

Thanks!

cheezdue
October 11th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Congrats guys!
:heraho:

StankBacon
October 11th, 2009, 07:54 PM
mirror (http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/Yoyorast%20Island%20V2%20Release%20Build%20-%20Yes%20we%20know%20thats%20impossible.rar) if anyone needs it... dunno how fast it will be tho.

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 07:55 PM
mirror (http://www.hivclan.net/stuff/Yoyorast%20Island%20V2%20Release%20Build%20-%20Yes%20we%20know%20thats%20impossible.rar) if anyone needs it... dunno how fast it will be tho.

400 kb/s for me

Siliconmaster
October 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Horray! I didn't realize it was out until I saw Inferno's xfire status. Can't wait to play it!

TheGhost
October 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I can't believe this map is finally out! I remember working on it like 3 yrs ago. Congrats to everyone else who helped finally bring this to fruition.

yoyorast
October 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Thank qo much to everyone, I'm so happy everybody can finally try it...
New link if you guys need it : http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4957

Corndogman
October 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
One of the warthogs in the main warthog base is sticking into the ground a little bit. just bad placement in sapien, not a big deal.
The mongoose passenger seat says "gunner seat". I guess its okay but it should say passenger.

Congrats guys, its kinda hard to believe its finally here!

FRain
October 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
PILLS YOYORAST HERE!

I'm glad I tried to help out with those mongoose anims, sorry they didn't work, though.

Siliconmaster
October 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
The CTF game I participated in was pretty fun. I kept killing Ghost. Lol.

Cortexian
October 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
The mongoose passenger seat says "gunner seat". I guess its okay but it should say passenger.
You can shoot when you're in that seat, therefore it is a gunner seat.

n00b1n8R
October 11th, 2009, 09:40 PM
You can shoot when you're in that seat, therefore it is a gunner seat.
Then so is the side seat on the hog and the treads of the tank :downs:

Also, is somebody making a yoyoV2 UI? If not then I'd like to have a go at it (worked on the V1 ui with flying stone), perhaps with the DHUI menu?

STLRamsFan
October 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I'm prepared to be blown, although I have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday when my video card gets in. :(

Inferno
October 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
1 Yoyorast Island V2 UI with a side of frys coming right up!

Ki11a_FTW
October 11th, 2009, 10:18 PM
when i joined there was a bunch of un-synced hogs i could walk through in the garage..

Inferno
October 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
It's a rare thing that happens. Just quit and re-join.

It's impossible to completely fix that but we did our best to keep it from happening.

chrisk123999
October 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
How did that happen, the chances of that are slim to none. I didn't think anything could get past the platform hog check.

Inferno
October 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM
How did that happen, the chances of that are slim to none. I didn't think anything could get past the platform hog check.

No idea. Halo's net game is laggy as shit though so I guess it just happened.

hry
October 11th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Ohh shit

t3h m00kz
October 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
It'd be so ironic if the map gives me a blue screen

Grats, yo. Been waiting for this forever

Pooky
October 11th, 2009, 11:56 PM
POOKY
CUT YOUR CAHONIES OFF
TAKE PICS

http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/emot-smug.gif

Well, as the .rar clearly states, this is impossible. Since it isn't really happening, I don't think my genitals have anything to worry about.

Ganon
October 11th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Off with the genitals, now.

Inferno
October 12th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Did we ask for you genitals? No. We demand them. Take them off now. Do it.

edit-

What's the modacity record for most rep in 3 hours?

It should be at about 116.

:smugsome:

blind
October 12th, 2009, 12:37 AM
My joy is Soooooooo big !
yayay

swap
October 12th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Still stuffed with classical goodness for the masses education. Great idea yoyo ! :)

EX12693
October 12th, 2009, 01:08 AM
This is soooo epic it's even funny. So yoyo, congrats.... but, now what will you do?

Siliconmaster
October 12th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Lol. Rep whores.

Segnaro
October 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Congrats on getting it done. Crazy map.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 12th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Thank me for the physics, I expect atleast +50 of rep, or this map will be given AIDS

blind
October 12th, 2009, 02:01 AM
hry = fuckin terrible ahahha. show up to 1v1s you baddie newb.

Cortexian
October 12th, 2009, 03:06 AM
blind is worst i saw him shooting walls

Llama Juice
October 12th, 2009, 08:20 AM
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/203464369/4_pcs_smile_face_yo_yo_promotion_toys_gifts_plasti c_toys_flash_yoyo_party_toys_sport_toys_sport_yoyo _yoyo_toys_light_yoyo.jpg

Yoyo party.

'grats on finally finishing it Yoyo and team :3 It's rather awesome to see your work FINALLY finished :P

sevlag
October 12th, 2009, 09:09 AM
this was fun to test with yoyo and the others and now its finally done, i'll give rep later guys, too busy playing this awesome map :D

Inferno
October 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM
We are starting construction on the real island tomorrow. BTW I'm adding a vacation home on the beach.

sevlag
October 12th, 2009, 09:49 AM
We are starting construction on the real island tomorrow. BTW I'm adding a vacation home on the beach.
should i bring the cheap labor?

TheGhost
October 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Yoyorast V3! Coming 2013

Dwood
October 12th, 2009, 12:19 PM

If you get teleporters to work, I think we're good to go!

Inferno
October 12th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yoyorast V3! Coming 2013

Lol your funny.

More like 2020.

.Wolf™
October 12th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Now im hyped! :woop:

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 07:14 PM
party in the secret room~~

EX12693
October 12th, 2009, 07:23 PM
There is no secret room!
Lol but the "next step is to build it for real"
I live in Los angeles so I can bring a huge truck of workers and pay them $1.00 per hour. :haw:

Bodzilla
October 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Did we ask for you genitals? No. We demand them. Take them off now. Do it.

edit-

i think i got about 300 for my computer.
link is in the sig (the BEAST)

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Well, as the .rar clearly states, this is impossible. Since it isn't really happening, I don't think my genitals have anything to worry about.
The .zip on halomaps.org says no such thing.

boomheadshot.jpg

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 12th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hay guiz, I got my +50 rep for physics :D
This map will not get aids ^_^

STLRamsFan
October 13th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Let's see if anyone can catch the little thing Inferno put on the map (for those of you who didn't test any of the builds)... And that's assuming he didn't take it out, but I doubt he did.

Cortexian
October 13th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Let's see if anyone can catch the little thing Inferno put on the map (for those of you who didn't test any of the builds)... And that's assuming he didn't take it out, but I doubt he did.
There are quite a few of those little things all around the map now.

Sever
October 13th, 2009, 12:23 AM
If you're talking about the golden sniper, it really shouldn't have been put on in the first place, since it counts as a different weapon than the regular sniper, thus allowing a player to fire four shots with it, then switch to their regular sniper and fire four more immediately.

If you're talking about the counter-Banshee Spartan Laser or the Scorpion, then they're awesome.

If you're talking about anything else, I haven't caught it yet.

English Mobster
October 13th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Nope.
And you'll never find it, either. It's easy to miss if you aren't looking for it, and hard to find if you are.

Horns
October 13th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Nope.
And you'll never find it, either. It's easy to miss if you aren't looking for it, and hard to find if you are.

I know wish I knew what it was.

blind
October 13th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Why are so many people banned.
ps great map yoyo :]

Timo
October 13th, 2009, 02:25 AM
yoyo v2 race competition, anyone?

AAA
October 13th, 2009, 03:23 AM

You mean that writing on the end of the "tunnel" before you get to the rocket launcher?........... Yeah, I caught that.

Rentafence
October 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Its like the day Coldsnap was released. :neckbeard:

=sw=warlord
October 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hey yoyo, you still got the golden mongoose in this build?
I remember matooba asking me ages ago for me to make some shaders i ended up making a standard goose and a golden mongoose shaders but i notice there hasnt been any refference to it at all?

Dwood
October 13th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Its like the day Coldsnap was released. :neckbeard:

Except not the dawn of the end of fun Halo CE Maps being played on Halo.

Siliconmaster
October 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Except not the dawn of the end of fun Halo CE Maps being played on Halo.

Haha. I wouldn't put it that drastically. I remember that day, and at the time it was quite exciting. Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't Coldsnap one of, if not the most advanced maps released up until Yoyo v2? It had vehicle teleportaion, pelican scripts, and all sorts of little gadgets. I can't remember another map being that complex between that and Yoyo v2.

chrisk123999
October 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I like how the topic on Halomaps has turned into people bragging about how they're going to rip the map...

Dwood
October 13th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I like how the topic on Halomaps has turned into people bragging about how they're going to rip the map...

YoYo/Inferno should have just pulled a Gamma and put like 50 useless tags in the map.

chrisk123999
October 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Doesn't matter, no one is smart enough to figure out how to properly fix the doors and stuff from a rip. And I would thinking something wouldn't rip right or the scripts would mess up. I've seen the tags folder for yoyo v2, stuff is all over the place.

EX12693
October 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
No rip. You halomaps kiddies fail.

Edit: What's the opposite of an island? Yoyorast ________, coming 2013-'14

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Yoyorast Tower.

sevlag
October 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Yoyorast DESERT, coming 2013-'14

stankbacon also suggested like a version with a raging storm :P

Dwood
October 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM

I was thinking of a Snow YoYoV3 map.

AAA
October 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM

jcap's map Prime? oohhhhh Yeah...... :realsmug:

Sel
October 13th, 2009, 07:58 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/selentic/wtf-1.jpg

wtf

Also, while it's nice to see this released and all, the aforementioned fps hiccups make it so unplayable on a far too often basis.

All the shit running in the background is ridiculous. Recompile this without any of the doors, scripts, etc, everything that halo wasn't supposed to have in it's engine, it's annoying as fuck (rarely syncs too), and takes away a great deal from the quality of the map.

English Mobster
October 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
[18:27] Inferno Pro: go into the yoyov2 thread and tell sel that a) the map get out of sync about every 1/30 to 1/50 joins. and b) that the framerate problems are that his computer is terrible.Love, Inferno.
Runs fine for me, by the way.

thehoodedsmack
October 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
What's the opposite of an island? Yoyorast ________, coming 2013-'14

An island is a landmass surrounded by water, so the opposite would be water surrounded by land, maybe? A desert oasis perhaps?

Sel
October 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Love, Inferno.
Runs fine for me, by the way.

Tell inferno to read my specs

Love Sel.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 13th, 2009, 09:00 PM
The fact that you have any lag on this concerns me.
Protip: I get 120fps flat on this

Sel
October 13th, 2009, 09:03 PM
The fact that you have any lag on this concerns me.
Protip: I get 120fps flat on this

I bet it has something to do with the 20,000 scripts running in the background.

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Protip: your cpu can't be that bad.

English Mobster
October 13th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Sel, Inferno would like me to kindly inform you that he cannot view your profile specs because he is fonging banned.

Inferno, for future reference, here are said specs:
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Internal Components
Processor: AMD Phenom X3 2.1 GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS HDMI M3A78-EMH
Power Supply: 600 Watts
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850
Sound Card: Realtek
External Components
Case: Huntkey
Keyboard: a keyboard
Mouse: a mouse
Speakers: some power link shit from 1998
Primary Monitor: Dell 2405FPW 24"
Secondary Monitor: Envision 1700
Tertiary Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 930B
Storage
Primary HDD: 500GB
Secondary HDD: 8GB
Tertiary HDD: 20GB
Primary Optical Drive: CD\DVD RW
Secondary Optical Drive: Samsung piracy to da max CD/DVD burner

I'm questioning your FPS. I run Yoyo V2 FINE and I have the shittest computer to grace the shitfest of shittiness. It's not V2.

E: Inferno also said that he thought you were playing on your shitty laptop.

Sel
October 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM
If Inferno is capable of reading this thread, he is more than capable of checking my specs.

In fact, I just checked that myself!

chrisk123999
October 13th, 2009, 09:15 PM
The doors sync most of the time, and even when they get out of sync, the way the script is set up, it will go back into sync quite fast. My clan's server has been running it since it's release and it is yet to have crashed. Also, most of the scripts are server only, so as a client there isn't really that many running.

Side note: There are 1402 files in the yoyo v2 folder in the map. Ripping the map would be quite a fun task.

Bossniak
October 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Congrats on the release Yoyorast!

Cortexian
October 14th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Sel, stop complaining that you are experiencing unique problems that only happen to you on your shitty hardware.

I get insane FPS on V2, even with all three monitors going.

paladin
October 14th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Secondary HDD: 8GB

lol :golfclap:

nice map btw yoyo

Hunter
October 14th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I think im going to play tonight. Downloaded it as soon as the release thread opened.

Jelly
October 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Sel, stop complaining that you are experiencing unique problems that only happen to you on your shitty hardware.

My FPS is pretty consistent, but I get blips of 2-3 FPS. A few people on a couple of the servers I used complained about this.

But otherwise the FPS hovers around the 60 mark. (I've turned on some rendering option that keeps my FPS down to about 100 on BG so that my graphics card doesn't overheat)

TeeKup
October 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM
How am I 4 days behind on this!?!?

Sel
October 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM

lol stop postin dummy

Other people confirmed the same problem during the tests, whether or not inferno wants to acknowledge the error (that he probably created), that's his problem, not mine.

e: oh look jelly just did too~

Heathen
October 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
release thread and only 1 picture?

:fail:

n00b1n8R
October 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Havn't you seen it enough already?

ps. I've never had any FPS drops on my shitty laptop~

Heathen
October 14th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Havn't you seen it enough already?

ps. I've never had any FPS drops on my shitty laptop~

I haven't seen it yet.

A link maybe?

Higuy
October 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I haven't seen it yet.

A link maybe?
http://www.yoyorast.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=119&Itemid=48

Dr Pepper
October 14th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Well it's been a fun wait. I almost had a heart attack when I saw this.

blind
October 14th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Sel its your computer, the only thing I get is random lag spikes. Also, the ramp gate thing doesn't sync ever.

Cortexian
October 14th, 2009, 10:31 PM
NEVER had any issues with syncing, ever.

Timo
October 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
None of the panic room doors sync for me :\

t3h m00kz
October 15th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Me neither. Nor the ramps.

Cortexian
October 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
What the hell is wrong with you guis.

blind
October 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
every gate except that one syncs for me, its strange and shitty.

h4x
October 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Aww.... you guys forgot to put me in credits, I am SPARTAN04, I fixed up some parts of the boat hog and some portal errors. I quit modding halo though due to engine limitations and overall a pain in the ass compiler :P

CrAsHOvErRide
October 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
ATV MC Animations wtf...if you drive to the left you have to lean to the left and not the other way around.

EX12693
October 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Naw... That's just MC hanging on for his life...

Cortexian
October 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Naw... That's just MC hanging on for his life...
The MC is a human with a suit that augments his already biologically augmented body, he doesn't need to hang on for dear life. Hell the armor system he's wearing weighs around two tons he'd probably weigh the ATV down so much that it wouldn't be able to operate like it does..

But this is a video game, things don't have to make sense.

Dwood
October 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM
The MC is a human with a suit that augments his already biologically augmented body, he doesn't need to hang on for dear life. Hell the armor system he's wearing weighs around two tons he'd probably weigh the ATV down so much that it wouldn't be able to operate like it does..

What are you talking about? Those Mongooses are made for spartans. :haw:

TeeKup
October 20th, 2009, 01:31 AM

Actually he weighs little under half a ton. >.>

Cortexian
October 20th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Actually he weighs little under half a ton. >.>
NOT ACCORDING TO HALOWARS

Cagerrin
October 20th, 2009, 02:46 AM
NOT ACCORDING TO HALOWARS
And we all know Halo Wars is such a fucking *shining* example to use compared to all the Bungie-created data relating to the Spartans.

Inferno
October 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Sup guys. Rep me now that I'm not banned.

Also stop talking bout realism. It's yoyorast island.