PDA

View Full Version : Dear 360 owners

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
(fuck getting a wii :neckbeard:)

I'm buying a 360 in the next few days, there's several sales on and I doubt the prices will be any better during the xmas sales.

The options are:

Pro Console, Halo 3, ODST, GoW2 -$398
Elite (120 GB), ODST, Quantum of Solace -$398

(woo AUD!~)

I want all 3 games in the first option (idk what the Bond game is like) but IDK if it's worth getting the elite console instead. Help?

Also, recomend me good 360 games (I don't care if they were multiplatform, the only 360 games I've played are the Orange Box and L4D).

StankBacon
October 12th, 2009, 07:45 PM
id get the elite since it looks better and still comes with odst.

then id mod it :)

Abdurahman
October 12th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah get the elite. The bigger hard drive will be VERY useful later on. 120gb vs 60gb. And I have one of the older Pros with 20gb, and that is almost full. I wish I had a bigger drive, but they are expensive.

Basically the difference is the color and the bigger hard drive. So you can make the choice. Double the hard drive or extra free game?

FRain
October 12th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Elite. I own one and I haven't looked back since. Especially with the space and the black looks alot better than the white (get all black controllers btw)

Horns
October 12th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Get the elite.

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Is quantum of solace good? I havn't really looked into it (movie tie-ins being what they usually are).

Also, what 360 games should I get (don't care when they came out).

DrunkenSamus
October 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM
No, it's awful.

annihilation
October 12th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Gears of War
Bioshock 1 and 2
Call of Duty MW2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST
Forza Motorsports
F.E.A.R 2

There's a lot more but those are the only ones I can think of atm.

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I never got that into FEAR1 (couldn't even be assed to finish it), is FEAR2 that much better?

Also, gears 2 or 1?
GTA4 or SR2? (realism doesn't really concern me, I just want the more fun game).

=sw=warlord
October 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I never got that into FEAR1 (couldn't even be assed to finish it), is FEAR2 that much better?

Also, gears 2 or 1?
GTA4 or SR2? (realism doesn't really concern me, I just want the more fun game).
GTA is good for if you like glitching, for instance you can launch cars over skyscrapers with a swing in one of the parks.
Get Halowars, don't bother with what other people say just get halowars if only for the back story.

jcap
October 12th, 2009, 08:18 PM
tbh I think the Pro system is the better choice.

If it was still a 20 GB hard drive, I would say the Elite. However, because the Pro should now have a 60 GB drive, it's a good choice. With the 60 GB drive, you should have plenty of room for whatever DLC you'll want and any games that you might want to install to hard drive, like GTA4. You still need the disc to play, so it's a little useless, though (which is why you really don't need 120 GB - the one thing it would have any use for can't be done half-assed right).

There should be no hardware differences between the two systems other than the color of the box. Just make sure you are getting a recent revision/manufacturing date with whichever you buy.

Get Halo 3, ODST, GTA, Modern Warfare (if you haven't played it yet), MW2 (if you don't have it on the PC), GOW2 (if you feel like playing a lot of games), Assassin's Creed 2 (also on the PC).

Dwood
October 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM
GTA4 was the same thing as San Andreas, just better graphics.

jcap
October 12th, 2009, 08:26 PM
GTA4 was the same thing as San Andreas, just better graphics.
Are you kidding me? GTA4 was half of the value of San Andreas.

GTA4 is like GTA3 (heh) with better graphics, annoying physics, a terrible control system, and not as tight of a storyline.

But there's new DLC coming at the end of the month which is going to add a new helicopter and a parachute :neckbeard:

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I meant Saints Row 2, not SA 2 (SA2? lolwut), my bad. :saddowns:
(And I've never really played any GTA style games at all btw)

Yeah get the elite. The bigger hard drive will be VERY useful later on. 120gb vs 60gb. And I have one of the older Pros with 20gb, and that is almost full. I wish I had a bigger drive, but they are expensive.
How long have you had your 360 that you've almost used 20GB (why are the hardrive so hillariously small on these things btw? Is M$ so che- stupid question).

Get Halowars, don't bother with what other people say just get halowars if only for the back story.
Don't care about Halo's backstory tbh.

Come on, any 360 games you recomend, old or new, I don't care I just want good games I havn't played.

Saggy
October 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Hannah Montana: The Movie: The Game

DO IT. You get to ride horses and shit

FRain
October 12th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars or Quake 4. Preferably Q4
yes

Saggy
October 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
In all honesty, get Brutal Legend. If you have an appreciation for metal and RTS games, this will BLOW YOUR MIND... no wait, it's gonna blow your soul.

Donut
October 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
i liked fable 2...

Needles
October 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Don't care about Halo's backstory tbh.

Come on, any 360 games you recomend, old or new, I don't care I just want good games I havn't played.
Get it for the multiplayer, it's amazing on 3 vs 3 online.

Darqeness
October 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
While GTA4 is visually more impressive. I found SR2 to be the more entertaining of the two. GTA4 gets too bogged down in realism that the missions consist of driving to a location, killing a few guys and driving somewhere else, maybe with a car chase thrown in somewhere. A few missions are really memorable though. There's also not a whole lot to do after you finish the storyline. You can't really mess around recklessly because there's no way to make decent money once you've finished and weapons and ammo are really expensive.

Saints Row 2 though I still play, tens of hours after completing the main story. The character customisation is fantastic, tons of activities to complete and it's really up to you how serious you want to take the storyline (which isn't that serious to begin with).

n00b1n8R
October 12th, 2009, 10:03 PM
(still want recomendations on which pack to get, how long have you had your 360 and how much space have you used?)

Corndogman
October 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Tbh I'd go for the Pro. unless you really really want the HDMI on the Elite because you have some nice ass HDTV, you shouldn't need it. I've had my elite for like 2 years and I've only used ~30 gigs maybe. 60 should be plenty, unless you plan on downloading like a mofo, but who really does that much downloading.

Pro sounds like a much better deal on games, so yeah.

Jean-Luc
October 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I'd go for the pro console. Better game selection for the price, and as far as HDD space goes...shit I'm still on a 20GB and I haven't filled even half of it yet :-3

ThePlague
October 12th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Pro. Better games, and the 120 gig isn't worth it. I have a 60 gig pro and still have 40 gigs left (and i've had it for a year or so).

Heathen
October 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I like the elite.

But srsly, welcome.

I have like...20 gigs left on my 120.

jcap
October 13th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Tbh I'd go for the Pro. unless you really really want the HDMI on the Elite because you have some nice ass HDTV, you shouldn't need it.
I'm pretty sure HDMI is now standard on all Pro consoles. It should say it on the side of the box under what's included, so check before you buy.

I still have my original 20 gig drive, and while I do wish I had more, I really don't need it. Unless you plan on downloading every single item you come across on XBL Marketplace, you don't need a bigger hard drive. Heck, if you get ODST, you don't even have to buy the Halo 3 DLC again like the rest of us!

I wish I had a bigger hard drive so I could put more games on it and lessen the noise of my DVD drive. My Xbox sits 4 feet from me, so it is a little loud when playing a game like GTA which constantly reads from the disc. The newer Xboxes with their Lite-On drives barely make any noise at all, though.

Pooky
October 13th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Get the pro, it's really highly unlikely you're going to need 120 gigs of storage. In all the time I've had my 360, downloading a shitload of DLC and even installing a few games, I've still got like 30 gigs left. Also, get Call of Duty 4 and Saints Row 2.

LinkandKvel
October 13th, 2009, 02:45 AM
While GTA4 is visually more impressive. I found SR2 to be the more entertaining of the two. GTA4 gets too bogged down in realism that the missions consist of driving to a location, killing a few guys and driving somewhere else, maybe with a car chase thrown in somewhere. A few missions are really memorable though. There's also not a whole lot to do after you finish the storyline. You can't really mess around recklessly because there's no way to make decent money once you've finished and weapons and ammo are really expensive.

Saints Row 2 though I still play, tens of hours after completing the main story. The character customisation is fantastic, tons of activities to complete and it's really up to you how serious you want to take the storyline (which isn't that serious to begin with).
I highly disagree there isn't much more to do after u complete the storyline in SR2. they both have their bonus missions, SR2 just have more, but the GTA4 multiplayer just kicks Saints row's ass ENTIRELY. YOU CAN HAVE ENDLESS FUN ON IT I SWEAR. I'm not sure why everyone hates GTAs physics they're not that bad. That mostly comes from the people who

A. suck at driving
or
B. suck at driving

paladin
October 13th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I ahve both :realsmug:

n00b1n8R
October 13th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I'm not sure why everyone hates GTAs physics they're not that bad. That mostly comes from the people who

A. suck at driving
or
B. suck at driving
"Realism" can fuck off if it makes for annoying gameplay. :downs:

Also, unless somebody can come up with a major reason to get the elite, I'm getting the pro bundle tommorow. PM me your gamertags so I can add the cool people (pooky, sever, timo, who else wants to play :q:)

also, ANY GAMES ON THE 360, ANY AT ALL
So far (not counting the ones in the pack)
Saints Row 2
CoD4 (or should I just get MW2 instead?)
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Batman (AA)
Prototype (?)
Force Unleashed
Call of Jurez BiB
????

(please tell me why I'm stupid for wanting any of these btw).

=sw=warlord
October 13th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I ahve both :realsmug:
I have spellcheck :realsmug:

N00b, i would hold off on getting prototype if i were you, i've heard from a few personal friends that it's not all that good and pretty repetitive so unless your into repitition then you might want to hold off on that.
Also, try downloading the halowars demo when you can and see how you like it, i can honestly say i've had some pretty epic games on there in 2v2 or 3v3 just don't have advancebo on your side, i've never seen 3 spartans fail so badly at fighting rebels untill i saw him kill all 3 of his.

jcap
October 13th, 2009, 07:21 AM
also, ANY GAMES ON THE 360, ANY AT ALL
So far (not counting the ones in the pack)
Saints Row 2
CoD4 (or should I just get MW2 instead?)
Bioshock
Fallout 3
Batman (AA)
Prototype (?)
Force Unleashed
Call of Jurez BiB
????

(please tell me why I'm stupid for wanting any of these btw).
Do you have a decent PC?

If you do, you're better off getting Bioshock, Fallout 3, Saint's Row 2, and possibly MW(2) on the PC.

Bioshock is a waste of a game. If you haven't played COD4, then you must play it before COD6 (it's the sequel). Get Assassin's Creed (PC version is more fun) and then get AC2 (multi-platform) when it comes out next month.

Limited
October 13th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Personally I'd get the Elite, I currently have pro, but the 20GB version, I've installed GTA4 on hard drive because the disk is screwed, I love playing game demos, so I only have a couple of gigs left. Plus the black is pretty sexi.

GoW2 is good game, its fun, I recommend getting GoW1 too if you havent played it.

Halo 3, meh if you want to play SP get it, its good story but pretty linear.

Grid, great racing game, its kinda in between sim and arcade but does it well.

Orange Box, what an incredible bargin, HL2 both episodes, Portal and TF2, GET IT!

GTA4, I'd get it, I loved GTA, I really didnt enjoy SR1, so I never bothered with 2, but GTA wow great story, amazing game.

James Bond, I havent played it but it looks pretty boring, nothing ground breaking basically just a semi-stealth shooter. Dont buy it, wait for Tom Clancy Conviction :D

Pyong Kawaguchi
October 13th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I really liked prototype, I bought it not long after release, It didn't run well at the time for me due to my shitty cpu, but then when I got a new one, I played it nice and fine, and it was alot of fun!

Matooba
October 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
(fuck getting a wii :neckbeard:)

I'm buying a 360 in the next few days, there's several sales on and I doubt the prices will be any better during the xmas sales.

The options are:

Pro Console, Halo 3, ODST, GoW2 -$398
Elite (120 GB), ODST, Quantum of Solace -$398

(woo AUD!~)

I want all 3 games in the first option (idk what the Bond game is like) but IDK if it's worth getting the elite console instead. Help?

Also, recomend me good 360 games (I don't care if they were multiplatform, the only 360 games I've played are the Orange Box and L4D).

After buying 6+ Xbox 360's & repairing them as i went to only have them fail again, I think I will stick to the only system I see stable and in good working order, "PC".

Abdurahman
October 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
BF Bad Company
Crackdown
Mass Effect

Get those.

=sw=warlord
October 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
After buying 6+ Xbox 360's & repairing them as i went to only have them fail again, I think I will stick to the only system I see stable and in good working order, "PC".
But matooba you've fucked your pc over more times than i have...

p0lar_bear
October 13th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Personally, I'd go for that Elite bundle. However, I've played Halo 3 to death already and have gotten all of the campaign achievements, so getting Halo 3 and ODST is kind of redundant. ODST comes packaged with a "Halo 3 Complete Multiplayer Experience," which is essentially the same as Halo CE: a standalone multiplayer-only game.

Halo 3, ODST, and GoW2 are good 360 games, and I hear Quantum of Solace sucked.

So, basically, if you want to play the Halo 3 campaign or GoW2, and don't have a buddy you could borrow the games from, get the Pro system. If you don't care about Halo 3 or GoW2 or could get them easily, get the Elite.

Arteen
October 13th, 2009, 12:06 PM
You should make sure to get some MS points, for XBLA games, since there are some great ones.

In no particular order:
Halo 3/ODST - I'd recommend ODST at least, or both H3 and ODST if possible, if you enjoy campaign. ODST comes with all the MP maps, so H3 will only get you the H3 campaign. H3 has a longer, more varied campaign, and you can probably find it cheap since ODST is out, so I think it's still worth picking up.

Worms 2: Armageddon (XBLA) - A lot of fun, especially with friends.

Halo Wars - I've never really enjoyed strategy games, but I enjoyed this game a lot. Check out the demo to see if you enjoy it.

Gears of War 1/2 - The campaigns are great for co-op. If you can find GoW1 for cheap, you should get that and play through the campaign, or find someone with it to play through on co-op. GoW2 has a bunch of improvements over GoW1, lots of new weapons and enemies, a longer campaign, much more variety in MP, and MP bots, so if you can just get one, go for GoW2.

Trials HD (XBLA) - Check out the demo, as it's great fun, but don't buy the game. It's way overpriced considering how the latter half of the levels are either frustratingly difficult or nigh-impossible, totally killing the fun of the game.

Puzzle Quest (XBLA) - A stupid but addictive and lengthly RPG/puzzle game. Plays like Bejeweled with magic spells.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA) - It's Castlevania: SotN!

Fable II - Avoid. If you can find it for cheap, it's fun, but it's really shallow.

Shadow Complex (XBLA) - I love it. If you enjoy Metroid, you'll enjoy this.

Mass Effect - This game is definitely worth getting, but preferably on the PC if your s can run it. It's an RPG/shooter where you get force powers (play as a biotic!). The universe is deep and interesting, the storytelling is great, and the gameplay is fun.

N+ (XBLA) - Just get it. It's cheap, too. It's a simplistic-looking platformer, but it has a lot of depth and challenge.

Tales of Vesperia - It's an action-RPG. The combat is a bit Super Smash Bros-esque and it's a lot of fun. You never need to grind, but the combat would make it fun anyway. The characters are enjoyable, and the main protagonist is actually a really cool guy who isn't the usual young, whiny, idiot, emo hero that other RPGs tend to have. The demo sucks, unfortunately.

Mirror's Edge - Check out the demo. I can't really recommend buying the game unless you really enjoy the demo. The game is short, flawed, and not for everyone.

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie (XBLA) - Slightly enhanced versions of the N64 classics.

Burnout Paradise - The game is cheap, with a lot of content, and now that they finally allow restarts, you'll probably enjoy it more than I could. I played it before they patched in race-restarting and that greatly limited my enjoyment of the game.

GTA IV - Kind of boring. I don't recommend it.

Marble Blast Ultra (XBLA) - My favorite XBLA title. Simple, fun, cheap.

Crackdown - Simplistic, with little variety, but there's fun to be had. You may want to just wait for the sequel. It's not like there's a story to miss. Check out the demo.

BioShock - The setting, environments, and such were cool, but I couldn't get into the gameplay. I can't really recommend it. It's way overblown, but not a bad game by any means.

Oblivion - I'm sure everyone will tell you to get the PC version. I only have the 360 version, but it's still fun. I didn't care for the combat and such, so I set the difficulty slider down to as low as possible, and just went exploring and questing. There's a lot to do and see, so you'll get your money's worth even if ignoring a whole aspect of the game (i.e. lame combat).

paladin
October 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Here's a reason why you should buy an elite:

They just dropped the price $100. Also, the hard drive is twice the size, which will come in handy. I have an old pro HDD (20g) and it sucks. I have to constantly delete shit.

As for games, you have a wide range to choose. MY current collection that I play consists of:

Mass Effect, Bio Shock, Assassins Creed, Halo 3, CoD 4, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead, Far Cry 2.

Matooba
October 13th, 2009, 02:26 PM
But matooba you've fucked your pc over more times than i have...

Wooh Guy! Ive had my system for a longtime. Only one died. The XPS got stolen in that home invasion and my CyberPower is still good, just not hooked up.

ICEE
October 13th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Only even consider the elite if your a serious gamer. I play recreationally, only once in a while, and my pro isnt close to full. Ive had it for years

ODX
October 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't recommend getting CoD4. There's less than a month until MW2 comes out, and it's essentially the same gameplay with a shitton of new stuff added. Campaign was nothing special in 4, don't worry much about that. Most of the players will move to MW2 also, so that would leave you with CoD4 for only a month, and then it'd be kind of stupid to go back and play it. If anything, get MW2 when it comes out for 360, and CoD4 for PC, there's some decent mods for Multiplayer you might be able to squeeze some fun out of.

Heathen
October 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Had my Elite for 2 years and I am 2 gigs fuller than I was the other night :]

Now I have 18 G's left.

Advancebo
October 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Wait for that MW2 console, 100 dollars more than the Elite, but has 2 wireless controllers, and comes with MW2.

=sw=warlord
October 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Wait for that MW2 console, 100 dollars more than the Elite, but has 2 wireless controllers, and comes with MW2.
And has 250GB hard drive.