PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Sigma public release (in beta, open source)

ICEE
October 19th, 2009, 09:12 PM
[size=1]--- Original message by: ICEE[/size=1]

Hey guys, Just thought I'd release this since no one on the team really mods anymore. This is sigmas most completed map, Downfall. Its still in beta form, but it is playable and fun, and the tags are there for you to enjoy. We have some familiar content, and some original but its all custom made. Everything is fully functional except for the rocket launcher... that was a long story im not going to even explain. Heres a filefront for now, and it should be on halomaps with the next update
http://www.filefront.com/14757129/Sigma%20downfall%20beta.zip
http://johnflasser.scifi-frontier.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/Sigma_downfall_beta.zip
PS: it occurs to me too late that i forgot to put invader veex's name under the team listing. Keep in mind that he played a large part in this mod. Sorry veexie

Pics
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/Public%20sigma%20images/haloce2009-01-3020-09-09-71.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/Public%20sigma%20images/haloce2009-01-3019-28-21-20.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z295/iron_clad_photo/Public%20sigma%20images/haloce2009-01-3020-10-43-07.jpg

Etc. Enjoy
[size=1]Edited by ICEE on Oct 19, 2009 at 10:10 PM[/size=1]

ThePlague
October 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Am I on the team listing? :c

Glad we released something.

Rambo
October 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
RAWR! The link is broken (i.e. limit of downloads exceeded). Please place on FileFront, thanks.

Ganon
October 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.
This limit is reached.

ICEE
October 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Filefronting now. Sorry, didn't know rs does that

ICEE
October 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
fixed

ThePlague
October 19th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Here's a reliable download link (http://johnflasser.scifi-frontier.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/Sigma_downfall_beta.zip) (Hosted by my site).

Sel
October 19th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Glad to see the map me and geo made way way back is finally done Released.

ICEE
October 19th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Really it is almost finished. All wed need is to finish the weapon skins and compile our biped, and fix the rocket launcher

t3h m00kz
October 19th, 2009, 11:07 PM
sexy dlin nao

t3h m00kz
October 19th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Impressive. Those sorts of weapons are more of what CE needs, stuff that's actually, you know, out of the box.

I'd say, and this is from personal preference, to add to the little red beam gun a little bit of projectile offset -0.04y -0.04z just so you can see the beam while you're firing while standing still.

Also that spiker is nuts yo.

ICEE
October 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I would have done that but I didnt want to interfere with the headshots. Thats what that guns for. Thanks though, glad to finally have this out

t3h m00kz
October 20th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Having just a tiny bit of offset won't interfere too much, from my experience.. if you've got one of Grunt's Sandtrap builds you can see the sniper has a tiny bit of offset but works fine.

It's your choice though, just a suggestion ;)

Ganon
October 20th, 2009, 01:24 AM
i liked the spiker

Advancebo
October 20th, 2009, 05:11 AM
map is cool :D

Dwood
October 20th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I'll be Open Saucing this.

Hunter
October 20th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Looks decent, I will download and play tonight I think :)

paladin
October 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Cool.

Donut
October 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
glad you guys like it :-3

Higuy
October 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
heres my 5 cents on the map

Well, I played it...

BSP:
Boring, to be honest. Ok well first, most structure's were just in and out bases which aren't good. Using ladders like you did too isn't good for gameplay and as you can see that is why Bungie also took them out of Halo 2 and 3. They were also very poorly unwrapped with like 2 or 3 textures. Give your self some time to properly make things look nice, making a bsp look good is one of the most things that attracts players. The outdoor environment seemed kinda plain.. Add some terrain fog to go with that overcast sky, and considering its almost a valley/pit thing. The terrains ground texture could of been better too, with more "messy" and natural look trails on them. Another thing: NEVER use scenery as a substitute for thing to jump on top of. With lag from a server or if your just laggy yourself, can make the player frustrated at time when trying to jump ontop of them. You did this at the place with the over shield, not good.
Weapons:
For the most part, they were cool. The animations were really nice and same with the models. The texturing of the weapons could of been better, at least for the ones that were textured. There sounds I found nicely executed as well. As for the rocket launcher, I don't really see how you could of messed something up that badly and not fixing it easily for a public beta like this. Normally for a public beta, your going to want to find out how gameplay is, and thats definitely not the way to start.
Gameplay:
idk, haven't played it with anyone but myself.
HUD:
Normally I don't go on about stuff like this, but something bothered me about yours. It's not that it played bad or anything, it just could of looked a little bit nicer and been a bit less blurry on the edges and organized, if you know what I mean.

It was nice, but definitely needs to be fixed up.

ICEE
October 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM
uh, higuy this is not a public beta. Its a release of our unfinished work. We aren't going to go back in and fix anything. most of us don't mod at all anymore.

Higuy
October 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
That still doesn't mean I can't crit on it, and if you ever do come back to finish it up or something then you have some crit to base of a players opinion.

Donut
October 20th, 2009, 05:42 PM
like i said on halomaps, valid crit, but its not a public beta. we arnt looking for suggestions to fix it because we arnt fixing it. thats why we released it. we got sick of it

ICEE
October 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
The point was to allow people to use our assets. A lot of our tags are pretty interesting and unique. Our concept weapons, grenade launcher, working spike grenades. We wanted the community to benefit from that if they so choose.

hry
October 20th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Nice map, the gameplay is funny.

t3h m00kz
October 20th, 2009, 06:53 PM
im in ur map rippin ur tags

Not going to release them in a map or anything, just want to mess around with them. Great tags.

Hope you don't mind ;)

ThePlague
October 20th, 2009, 08:06 PM
im in ur map rippin ur tags

Not going to release them in a map or anything, just want to mess around with them. Great tags.

Hope you don't mind ;)
We pretty much released it so you CAN HAVE THE TAGS! At least that's what ICEE said...

ICEE
October 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Dont mind at all. thats what their there for.

Inferno
October 20th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Interesting map. If it were finished it'd be a new snowgrove. :v:

ThePlague
October 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I took my link down because arby didn't want some stuff released.

_TheArbiter_
October 21st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Get it back up, i sense IC lurking around here.

And don explained me some things...dont worry plague, the stuff is still under my possesion, closed bottle.

ODX
October 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
When I'm done with other stuff I'm doing I may take these weapons and try a little re-animation. Interesting concepts and designs, these weapons hold.

ICEE
October 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Get it back up, i sense IC lurking around here.

And don explained me some things...dont worry plague, the stuff is still under my possesion, closed bottle.

Yeah, sorry i meant to tell you about the release beforehand but donut told me you wouldn't care since you were working on your other tags. Pinky swear theyre not in here.

When I'm done with other stuff I'm doing I may take these weapons and try a little re-animation. Interesting concepts and designs, these weapons hold.

I'd like to see that. Maybe the striker and reaver in particular. I also have the model we were going to use for the athenian beam, but it never got finished. You could take a crack at that one too if hunters cool with it

ThePlague
March 18th, 2010, 11:15 PM
E: didn't know there was a Halomaps (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4981) link. My bad.