PDA

View Full Version : Georgia and Russia

Sanctus
October 22nd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Whatever happened to that?? The news just stopped reporting one day last August. Can someone inform me?

legionaire45
October 22nd, 2009, 11:14 PM
Not much else. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(country))

NATO got laughed at. Soviet Russia conquered.

paladin
October 22nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
The Russians kicked the shit out of them...

Cojafoji
October 23rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
Whatever happened to that?? The news just stopped reporting one day last August. Can someone inform me?
The news never stopped coming in. People just stopped caring. Last I checked, the Russians were *supposed to be pulling out of Georgian territory, but were dragging their heals over removing tanks.

CN3089
October 23rd, 2009, 01:03 AM
Georgia got the shit kicked out of it, South Ossetia and Abkhazia have de facto independence, NATO still impotently shaking its fist at Russia :realsmug:

paladin
October 23rd, 2009, 01:21 AM
But NATO cant/wont do anything other than use words. NATO is useless.... in these situations, especially against Russia. They just point and laugh.

Warsaw
October 23rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
But NATO cant/wont do anything other than use words. NATO is useless....

ftfy

Some NATO countries don't even follow the STANAG standardisation (Germany, I'm looking at you), and most of the time when NATO does do something, it's usually supported by one country, and the others pitch in only a small percentage. Case in point, Korea was largely a US venture, even though the books say it was a UN venture (and everyone knows NATO owns the UN).

PopeAK49
October 23rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
Sigh. NATO is pointless since they never do shit.

paladin
October 24th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Nato is useless

CN3089
October 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Sigh. NATO is pointless since they never do shit.

Afghanistan? What's that?

Serbia? Never heard of it!

Dwood
October 24th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Nato is useless

It's the North Atlantic TRADE Organization what's it going to do?

Cojafoji
October 24th, 2009, 12:55 PM
It's the North Atlantic TRADE Organization what's it going to do?
you are such a fucking idiot.
this was a little harsh, but come on dude...

North Atlantic Treaty Organization = nato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO).

what you're thinking of is the north american free trade agreement. which is nafta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement).

paladin
October 24th, 2009, 01:48 PM
you are such a fucking idiot.
this was a little harsh, but come on dude...

North Atlantic Treaty Organization = nato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO).

what you're thinking of is the north american free trade agreement. which is nafta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement).

This, and they are VERY different.

TheGhost
October 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
This is how all news works. One day you just stop hearing about it. They report whatever will generate the most interest, and then once it stops becoming interesting, they move on.

paladin
October 24th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, you know, only about 500 people died.

PopeAK49
October 24th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hey dude. It's not my fault that NATO is scared of russia. I mean hell, we have russian exchange students invading our schools. It's just a matter of time until russia steals Alaska. Then the sea otters will go extinct for sure. If NATO doesn't declare war then PETA will. :realsmug:

CrAsHOvErRide
October 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Isn't Georgia next to Alabama? :realsmug:

This is how all news works. One day you just stop hearing about it. They report whatever will generate the most interest, and then once it stops becoming interesting, they move on.

And that.../thrd

Gwunty
October 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
/thrd
/thrd cannot be executed right now

Cojafoji
October 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
It's just a matter of time until russia steals Alaska.
:facepalm:

paladin
October 25th, 2009, 12:49 AM
knock, knock...

Who is it?

KGB...

Cortexian
October 25th, 2009, 04:53 AM
NATO is fairly useless to be honest, after the USA moved out of Afghanistan and into Iraq and such it was a big "fuck you" to the NATO countries. Honestly, if the largest most powerful military force in the world won't stand by the rules they're agreed to the entire organization is pointless.

When NATO agrees not to invade Iraq, then the US does anyways it's not like anyone else would sensibly stand up to that war machine. That's also the reason I don't think I'll ever consider a military career with the American forces...

rossmum
October 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Georgia got the shit kicked out of it, South Ossetia and Abkhazia have de facto independence, NATO still impotently shaking its fist at Russia :realsmug:
Even though Georgia was proven to have been the aggressor, so it was entirely on their own heads :allears:

CN3089
October 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Even though Georgia was proven to have been the aggressor, so it was entirely on their own heads :allears:

NATO doesn't let facts get in the way of a good fist-shaking http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-argh.gif

Dwood
October 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM

Links.

Cojafoji
October 26th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Links.
wtf are you talking about links? do a google search yourself. not our fault that you're behind on world politics and news...

Dwood
October 26th, 2009, 02:31 PM
wtf are you talking about links? do a google search yourself. not our fault that you're behind on world politics and news...

Don't just state a thing you consider a fact without posting a link. If I said there was a boy whose parents named him 'Adolf Hitler', would you believe me without providing some kind of proof?

Or should I assume you know exactly what I'm talking about?

=sw=warlord
October 26th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Don't just state a thing you consider a fact without posting a link. If I said there was a boy whose parents named him 'Adolf Hitler', would you believe me without providing some kind of proof?

Considering said kid was on the news everywhere after his parents were refused service in a bakery, then yes.
On a flip side if someone states something they consider fact then surely that would say something atleast.
I rarely ever watch the news channels and even i heard about what rossmum said which was also the reason most of the news channels stopped reporting it.

Cojafoji
October 26th, 2009, 02:47 PM
One should assume that a person wishing to enter into a discussion would be well read on the subject; however, were they to become confused, a marked indication of ignorance on the current subject, it would be wise to indulge in some form of research without burdening others.

paladin
October 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Cojafoji, you're ignorant if you think Georgia was solely resopsible. What would you do if someone parked tanks on your boarder and aimed ICBMs at your cities? Yes, Georgia has the first strike, but its not like they weren't provoked.

And judging you from your previous statement, you're being a hypocrite because obviously you are not well informed either. I suggest you research the history of the conflict not just the conflict itself.

e: and reading the wikipedia page isn't enough to call yourself informed.

Dwood
October 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Considering said kid was on the news everywhere after his parents were refused service in a bakery, then yes.
On a flip side if someone states something they consider fact then surely that would say something atleast.
I rarely ever watch the news channels and even i heard about what rossmum said which was also the reason most of the news channels stopped reporting it.

I kind of also made the thread about the kid named Adolf Hitler. I also posted a link. Had I not done so, would anyone have believed me?

Warsaw
October 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Yes, because that particular story was on the Yahoo! homepage at the time, thus making it a very widespread story. Also, statistics say that someone is bound to get named Adolf Hitler again...

rossmum
October 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Links.
There was some Swiss-led inquiry that wrapped up recently, concluded that while Russia did overstep the mark it was Georgia's fault. The US and co. don't always support the good guys, duder. Find the link yourself, I can't remember where I saw it.

Oh, and Ace, it's already happened numerous times :ohdear:

Good_Apollo
October 26th, 2009, 10:13 PM
The US and co. don't always support the good guys, duder.
Additionally we just don't plain like Russia.

Red scare is still alive and well.

paladin
October 26th, 2009, 11:05 PM

But we said they didnt start it. :cop:

rossmum
October 27th, 2009, 02:46 AM

Which just goes to show how many retards still think it's the 1950s :ugh:

Russia fucking owns basically

Warsaw
October 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM
There was some Swiss-led inquiry that wrapped up recently, concluded that while Russia did overstep the mark it was Georgia's fault. The US and co. don't always support the good guys, duder. Find the link yourself, I can't remember where I saw it.

Oh, and Ace, it's already happened numerous times :ohdear:

Exactly! Statistics wins.

paladin
October 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Exactly! Statistics wins.

everybody knows you can bend statistics.

Also, I was Russia in Model UN for 3 years (Minus one conference when I was China). Russia pretty much kicks ass.:realsmug:

=sw=warlord
October 27th, 2009, 04:42 PM
everybody knows you can bend statistics.

Also, I was Russia in Model UN for 3 years (Minus one conference when I was China). Russia pretty much kicks ass.:realsmug:
Russia is cool but Moskau is a whore. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWffLKCZRg)
:realsmug:

paladin
October 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
ha