PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Eyeland V2 - The Rapture (Trailer)

Arightwizard
October 26th, 2009, 08:01 PM
For those of you who have seen my "Eyeland" map, and those who haven't, this is something that I think you'll like.

This is a preview for Eyeland V2 - The Rapture. It's not going to be released too soon, but it'll be released on halomaps.org.

Here is the video:

Video description:

Very few of you, considering the small amount of downloads, have heard about my Halo CE map called "Eyeland." Well, this is Version 2.
Eyeland V2 - The Rapture
The oceans have been flooded with blood as the minimal flying creatures of Eyeland's planet are doomed to blinding light from above, every creature drops dead. The sand has been stained with blood of every kind and fires came from above. Sparks fly, and yet trees still stand. Humans have built an immunity to each and every kind of poison available on this planet, and are able to sail through the blood. This is not any god's work, this is The Rapture.
-Arightwizard What do you think?
-Arightwizard

PS: Now that I think about it, when I moved the camera I should have used an xbox-type controller...(So the screen doesn't jerk)..Too late now..

Ganon
October 28th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Honest opinion: it's terrible. Just a generic box map with random shit everywhere and no gameplay planned out whatsoever. Learn how to make your own structures, and integrate it into your bsp, all you did was terrain and added building scenery. I suggest you practice more before you try and make a big deal out of your work.

Arightwizard
October 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Honest opinion: it's terrible. Just a generic box map with random shit everywhere and no gameplay planned out whatsoever. Learn how to make your own structures, and integrate it into your bsp, all you did was terrain and added building scenery. I suggest you practice more before you try and make a big deal out of your work.
Atleast you're honest. Not trying to make a big deal out of it, though. This trailer was just a way, honestly, to pass the time.

Lateksi
October 29th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Same map with more natural terrain would look interesting. I mean that color scheme looks cool and does indeed stand out but it's too square and plain.

Cortexian
October 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Noobie Tip: Don't release your first maps (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1480)

Arightwizard
October 29th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Noobie Tip: Don't release your first maps (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1480)

"V2", also note with a simple search on halomaps, I previously released some also...very crappy maps:

Aribgulch, Old Mombasa, Boarding AI, Eyeland.
Each of them sucked but, this one isn't my first map.

I'll release this just for kicks, but the next one I release (if I ever do), I can guarantee will be better. More work on the BSP, textures, gameplay design, etc.

Cortexian
October 29th, 2009, 10:36 PM
You should read the thread I linked you to instead of assuming what you are.

The thread title could also be labeled "Noobie Tip: Don't release your bad maps that no one will play".

I'm being honest here, I wouldn't even bother to read the description if I saw a map that was a square piece of land surrounded by water...

Hunter
October 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Tbqh, the video and map is a waste of bandwidth and disk space...

Arightwizard
October 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
LMAO fine people, if having something that you'll never bother with could be such a disturbance, I'll take everything down (that I can).

Freelancer, I did read that topic long before I even joined these forums.