PDA

View Full Version : Haloid

Agamemnon
April 18th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Holy friggin' shit. (http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998)

k4is3rxkh40s
April 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Holy crap. I started watching it and almost closed it after the kinda choppy ODST starting, and then all of a sudden holy shit MC jumps out o.o

ExAm
April 18th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Err, it's not MC. Watch the whole thing. The end is, umm. Well, you watch it. I think it's Spartan 458 (is 458 right?).

k4is3rxkh40s
April 18th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Err, it's not MC. Watch the whole thing. The end is, umm. Well, you watch it. I think it's Spartan 458 (is 458 right?).

Master-Chick if you go down and read enough :P

rossmum
April 18th, 2007, 09:31 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT IS THE MOST EPIC FIGHT SCENE EVER.

I'm serious, the awesomeness cannot be put into words.

AAA
April 18th, 2007, 09:44 AM
OMFG :lmao: That's too cool and funny.

EDIT: WHERE THE HELL CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS??? =O

FlyingStone
April 18th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Awesome fight sences. But a really, really weird ending. Anybody notice when Samus loses her armor MC's crouch short circuits.
So, wrong. Then at the end MC turns out to be a girl? Yet his/her/it crotch shot circuits. WTF. :XD:
Can't help but to laugh though:D. Good find Agamemnon, total awesomeness.
-F.S

Con
April 18th, 2007, 09:57 AM
rofl, best fight scene ever. that rivals all the best movies.

DaneO'Roo
April 18th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Indeed, loved how it payed homage ot the matrix.

The dancing at the end was kinda...hot LOL o_O

dam lesbos havin all the fun

Kornman00
April 18th, 2007, 10:20 AM
What what in their butts tbh

Pred1ator
April 18th, 2007, 10:52 AM
lol the grunt shot himself with the shotgun LAWL

but if this was only a h3 cutscene... :shake:

Zeph
April 18th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Awesome fight sences. But a really, really weird ending. Anybody notice when Samus loses her armor MC's crouch short circuits.
So, wrong. Then at the end MC turns out to be a girl? Yet his/her/it crotch shot circuits. WTF. :XD:
Can't help but to laugh though:D. Good find Agamemnon, total awesomeness.
-F.S

yes. they're lesbians if you haven't figured it out :p.

The movie won it for me when the grunt was curious with the shotgun and everyone else around turned to look.

Aside from the physically impossible, this is what I expect a Halo movie's combat to look like. The hunter and the warthog, saw it coming. He could have at least had the two remaining nade/bomb/things explode to kill that one and then launch Master Chick out to kill the other. The shottie part where it's imitating Neo with the steel post is a great idea, but meh, things like that wont happen in real life.

I give it a 9 out of 10. Would have gone lower, but the guy made it clear in his commentary that he worked with what he had, so it's not like he's a brilliant content artist, just mainly an animator.

FlyingStone
April 18th, 2007, 12:03 PM
yes. they're lesbians if you haven't figured it out :p.

Lesbians crouches short circuit? :XD: (im kidding :D, oops forgot to read the F&Q..)
-F.S

rossmum
April 18th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I fucking loved the shotgun bit. It's just like one of those trick shooters who does that, except with more killing and less recording and posting on Youtube.

Stealth
April 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I fucking loved the shotgun bit. It's just like one of those trick shooters who does that, except with more killing and less recording and posting on Youtube.
Lmfao, I which the grunts would do that in Halo, that'd be funny.

Rob Oplawar
April 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I thought it was good and fun, I'd give it an 8/10. Some parts of it were exactly what I picture the Halo movie should be like- they were friggin awesome pure realistic pwnage by a Spartan, but the majority was... well, it was for fun :) I laughed at the ending tho. Samus undressing 458... lol. not that I'm complaining, lol

Patrickssj6
April 18th, 2007, 01:50 PM
0.o

Some parts were crappy but the most was totally amazing.:)

ThatCrazyFox
April 18th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Though the Master Chick/Samus fight scene was a little one sided (the parts before MCh got the hots for Samus :-3 ) the parts against the Covenant were the most epic stuff I've ever seen in a Halo vid. Total ownage.

SnaFuBAR
April 18th, 2007, 03:33 PM
that was awesome. wish he'd do a trailer for modern combat :saddowns:

CtrlAltDestroy
April 18th, 2007, 04:35 PM
The animation was pretty horrible and robotic, it's just not really noticeable during the parts where the camera was all over the place.

Entertaining nonetheless.

Xegrot
April 18th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Not all of the animation was robotic, only a few parts here and there. Overall, alot of it was pretty smooth.

That was pure awesomeness with a helping of lesbian-ism on the side. There was some animation that could be improved on, and I personally don't like it when the characters move too quickly, but overall, an 8/10. This rocks!

EDIT: Some of the choreography is a little bit off, like the really quick scenes and some of the flying around and jumping, but most of it rocked, especially Samus's fighting moves.

Hurrvish
April 18th, 2007, 05:08 PM
awesoneownageness

i wonder how i could d/l the video

k4is3rxkh40s
April 18th, 2007, 05:29 PM
OMFG :lmao: That's too cool and funny.

EDIT: WHERE THE HELL CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS??? =O

Someone figured out how, and its on Youtube now.

Md-QkCquOHE

Patrickssj6
April 18th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Google savevid or view the source and look up the destination link.

Random
April 18th, 2007, 07:12 PM
:O, Master Chief is a Lesbian, Plot twist.

The action parts were cool, a little robotic but cool. And its alot better then anything I could do from an animation stand point.

bfett9
April 18th, 2007, 07:58 PM
If any one wants to download this video simply click on the link i have provided. The movie is in an xvid avi format. To play the video you will need wither divx player or the xvid codec to play with your current media player. you can find links to download them by looking them up on google.
Download Link:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JCOYANL
DO NOT ASK ME HOW I GOT IT I WILL NOT ANSWER.

Kornman00
April 18th, 2007, 08:05 PM
The shottie part where it's imitating Neo with the steel post is a great idea, but meh, things like that wont happen in real life.

...you do know this is a Halo (and Samus, blah blah blah) fan fic right? Where does RL come into the equation :/

Megaupload sucks, who the fuck puts a fucking confirmation control in the top right hand corner, especially that small. "o we need to advertizez lulz!" fucking bitches, use some of that fucking money to design an better layout :fuckoff:

bfett9
April 18th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Megaupload sucks, who the fuck puts a fucking confirmation control in the top right hand corner, especially that small. "o we need to advertizez lulz!" fucking bitches, use some of that fucking money to design an better layout :fuckoff:
if you dont want no one is asking you to download it. I just doing this for the people who really want to get their hands on a copy of this vid. Megaupload is completely safe. I have been using for 2.5 years, and no one has sent me spam or have i every gotten a virus. The Confirmation code is required because they dont want people downloading 2 things at once unless they are a member.

Emmzee
April 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
That was mad radical.

legionaire45
April 18th, 2007, 09:49 PM
It was great until it went Lesbo at the end =X

Patrickssj6
April 18th, 2007, 09:51 PM
The Confirmation code is required because they dont want people downloading 2 things at once unless they are a member.
Thats not actually the reason.They do that to avoid bots and stupid pplz.:D

You use the IP to avoid 2 downloads at once.

Dole
April 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I bet that guy would fucking own at FP animating. [/uberunderstatement]

Edit: lolesbians

Bodzilla
April 19th, 2007, 02:19 AM
that was the Coolest thing i have ever Seen.

no seriously The Coolest. Give that dude a job :D

Kornman00
April 19th, 2007, 05:12 AM
if you dont want no one is asking you to download it. I just doing this for the people who really want to get their hands on a copy of this vid. Megaupload is completely safe. I have been using for 2.5 years, and no one has sent me spam or have i every gotten a virus. The Confirmation code is required because they dont want people downloading 2 things at once unless they are a member.
Oh I wanted it, just making a statement, no offense if I caused any.

However if they can't find out the IP thats downloading one thing from them, then they need to use some of those advertisement profits to hire better IT, because using a confirmation code is entirely not needed to stop peopling from downloading more than 1 thing at a time.

TPE
April 19th, 2007, 12:09 PM
i knew this was epic when i saw the grunt commit suicide with the shotgun

Hotrod
April 19th, 2007, 05:41 PM
My favorite part was...ya you guessed it...the grunt with the shotgun. I find the rest was a bit over exaggerated though, such as the part where the MC, or whatever her name is, kicked the elite and it went flying into a wall 200 meters away and exploded. The part where she picked up the warthog and threw it at Covenant 100 meters away was a little far-fetched too. And what was up with that ending?

Anyways, I liked the parts where the MC kicked all those covenants buts, it really shows what a Spartan is capable of.

Dole
April 19th, 2007, 06:00 PM
No Spartan is capable of that.
Only semi-Chinese CG women wearing skintight patin leather underwear inside of a robot suit.

k4is3rxkh40s
April 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
No Spartan is capable of that.
Only semi-Chinese CG women wearing skintight patin leather underwear inside of a robot suit.

...Or the spartan that can flip and throw tanks >.>

Hotrod
April 19th, 2007, 07:38 PM
A spartan can't throw a tank...

Hurrvish
April 19th, 2007, 07:47 PM
flipping the tank is like short range throwing

Hotrod
April 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Not really, throwing is more like picking up the tank and throwing it at a distance.

Hurrvish
April 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
not really. think about it. you basically pick up the tank, and "throw" it enough so that it goes upright

ExAm
April 19th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I think that if a spartan's suit can help him survive atmospheric reentry and landing, then it can help him lift a tank enough to flip it.

Atty
April 19th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I don't think the ability of a suit to withstand an atmospheric entry has any bearing on the strength of the wearer. He'd still have to be able to lift the object on his own, it's not like the suit will instantly increase his strength.

Hotrod
April 19th, 2007, 10:58 PM
The suit actually does make the spartan stronger and faster by a lot.

JDMFSeanP
April 19th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Yep, the armor greatly increases strength and reflexes.

In the book they put the suit on a normal marine and when he even tried ot move he snapped all the bones in his body, then died.

Hotrod
April 19th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Actually, when he tried to move, his bones got disintegrated due to the amount of power that the suit had.

Atty
April 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM
I've never read the books so I didn't know. :x

ExAm
April 20th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Actually, when he tried to move, his bones got disintegrated due to the amount of power that the suit had.
I think SeanP said it more accurately, though I would have said broken. "Disintegrated" would have been far worse. That would have meant that they had been pulverized to powder.

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2007, 08:13 AM
lol some of u guys are taking this a little seriously.

it was just a cool movie :D, with Lesbians and Halo.... and your tlaking about Physics and capabilities of a sparton, Considering the Trailer was based off the matrix.

Hotrod
April 20th, 2007, 07:50 PM
I think SeanP said it more accurately, though I would have said broken. "Disintegrated" would have been far worse. That would have meant that they had been pulverized to powder.

Well they did, didn't they? It doesn't matter, he would have died in both cases.

JDMFSeanP
April 20th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Haha, well just says hes dead then becuase the suit pwns. hard.

Varmint260
April 20th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I believe MJOLNIR employs what the books refer to as "reactive circuits" which react to whatever the wearer is trying to do (by some means of the standard neural interface at the back of the neck?) and multiply the power with which it is done. So, if you use the normal amount of strength to move your arm, the suit would multiply that to the point where a normal human's arm would break. Then, when the pain comes on, you spasm. Etc etc etc!

Anyways, yeah the suit simply pwns. Now, I believe the point of argument is the spartan THROWING a tank, not simply flipping it over. Flipping it over and causing it to fly a couple dozen yards are totally different ball games. Not that in Halo, you generally use big explosives to launch a tank any distance, not your melee.

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2007, 08:49 PM
lol some of u guys are taking this a little seriously.

it was just a cool movie :D, with Lesbians and Halo.... and your tlaking about Physics and capabilities of a sparton, Considering the Trailer was based off the matrix.
dudes... u all just happened to Miss the Massive amounts of the matrix in the movie... How?

mR_r0b0to
April 21st, 2007, 04:25 PM
lollololrofl
matrix star wars halo metroid.
bwhahaha lesbos