PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Revelations Promo

Ganon
October 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Enjoy.

Filefront: http://www.filefront.com/14829861/Revelations-Promo.wmv/

SgcEwNT6lhQ

I highly suggest downloading it for the best viewing experience! Song credit goes out to my boy Mutha G.

e: Wallpapers seen at the end of the video can be downloaded here (http://www.filefront.com/14830191/Wallpapers.zip). (1600x1200)

Sel
October 30th, 2009, 07:06 PM
:)

BobtheGreatII
October 30th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Pro work, very pro work. I love it. And you guys toned down the green/red shader for the glass. Very happy about that. Map looks amazing.

I had also forgotten how much I enjoyed Mother Goat's music. lol.

Disaster
October 30th, 2009, 07:11 PM
You left me out of the special thanks :saddowns:
I donated textures that were never used

E: 1 Thing I noticed is that you should lower the saturation on the palm tree leaf bitmap just a bit. Its green color is way to deep.

Awesome map though. Great Job everybody who worked on it!

Sel
October 30th, 2009, 07:14 PM
It's hard to remember everyone who helped me out man, sorry D:

And thanks for the placeholder!

Advancebo
October 30th, 2009, 07:23 PM
coolio :D

il Duce Primo
October 30th, 2009, 07:24 PM
You left out me for eating up time and saying I will help. :P
I have to congratulate Sel and everyone who has worked on this. This is one of those projects I doubted. I never thought you would be patient enough to uv everything as well as you did. I hope all this work turns out great!

Con
October 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM
And if I haven't mentioned so already, most of the assets I created for the map will be released (including the sky).

L0d3x
October 30th, 2009, 07:28 PM
What about the sentinel I helped you with =(

Sel
October 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
What about the sentinel I helped you with =(

I had to remove it because of a fault in the halo engine in which it spawned two on the client side :(

Advancebo
October 30th, 2009, 07:36 PM
ATTN: FREELANCER

FireDragon04
October 30th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I know your calling this a 'Promo', but I felt the video was more of an appreciation video to people rather than a promotional video. I also felt for the content included it was about 30seconds-1minute to long.

Once the 'rockier' music kicked in, I thought we might be shown a montage style edited gameplay segment to show us what people could expect from the map... to PROMOTE it.

Yeah, the map looks awesome, but I felt the video was lacking and could have used some game play footage or been alot shorter, because right now it's an edited flythrough that's it, and doesn't promote all of the aspects of the map, just what it looks like.

Anyway, looking forward to checking the map out when you call it 'Done', because it LOOKS awesome!

ZeRk`
October 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Beautiful. Glad to see this finally being complete.

Ganon
October 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I know your calling this a 'Promo', but I felt the video was more of an appreciation video to people rather than a promotional video. I also felt for the content included it was about 30seconds-1minute to long.

Once the 'rockier' music kicked in, I thought we might be shown a montage style edited gameplay segment to show us what people could expect from the map... to PROMOTE it.

Yeah, the map looks awesome, but I felt the video was lacking and could have used some game play footage or been alot shorter, because right now it's an edited flythrough that's it, and doesn't promote all of the aspects of the map, just what it looks like.

Anyway, looking forward to checking the map out when you call it 'Done', because it LOOKS awesome!

Yeah I would of done all that if I wanted to spend all that extra time doing it. Plus the song was requested so I did the best I could with the time I had to do it (~2 days)

Lateksi
October 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Awesome promo video for awesome map!

Yoko
October 30th, 2009, 08:19 PM
For two days work that's a damn cool video. Makes me want to reinstall Halo CE again just to play this map, lol.

p.s. Ganon lrn2cut modacity logo in da photoshoop, i see tiny 1 pixel edges~

PopeAK49
October 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I laughed at the special credits part. After all these years you still use my old name. Nice video though.

paladin
October 30th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Nice vid

Heathen
October 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
This map does look damn good.

Cortexian
October 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I was in the special credits idgi! :ohdear:

Cool video, I don't really like the way the cam flyer does changes in direction but that's just personal opinion. It was put together very well.

I was going to do something like this after I had finalized lightmaps but I guess I can focus on my Yoyorast V2 video more!

Dwood
October 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I had to remove it because of a fault in the halo engine in which it spawned two on the client side :(

If you had asked me I'dda found a way to fix the problem for you. :| The1 posted something on how to fix that problem on my last thread about ai syncing a while back.

Higuy
October 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM
were am i in level art
i made pro clay renders for the map about a year ago :realsmug:

Inferno
October 30th, 2009, 11:54 PM

Look at dis HEK baddie. Make it a scenery object with a animation graph.

Advancebo
October 31st, 2009, 12:18 AM
Random AI movements would be better ^

TeeKup
October 31st, 2009, 12:47 AM
Beautiful map. Can't wait until final release.

It's been a pleasure Sel.

CrAsHOvErRide
October 31st, 2009, 11:29 AM
My Flycam and no credit :P Very nice map indeed, can't way for gameplay ^^

Gwunty
October 31st, 2009, 03:41 PM
sel
u forget why you made this map in the first place :saddowns:

Corndogman
October 31st, 2009, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure why I was in the special thanks but okay, cool!

Nice video but I do agree with what Firedragon said.

Skarma
October 31st, 2009, 05:44 PM
Wow, cool vid, map looks sweet +rep

Pooky
November 1st, 2009, 01:07 AM
You have Shade turrets in your map :S

sneak
November 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
epic map is epic.
epic vid is epic
nuf said