PDA

View Full Version : So there's a Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie coming out in May

Ifafudafi
November 2nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
IGN got first dibs on premiering the trailer. (http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/664420/prince-of-persia/videos/pop_vidprev_102209.html)

Actually looks promising tbqh; nowhere near the shit Mr. Boll would try and come up with.

BobtheGreatII
November 2nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, old news that it was coming out. But cool that there's a trailer finally.

Sel
November 2nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I LOVE JAKE GYLINHALL (or whatever his name is!)

RedBaron
November 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
Where's mah' Splinter Cell movie?!

This is cool too... I guess.

Heathen
November 2nd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Brokeback mountain bubble boy kid is the prince?

Cool.

DrunkenSamus
November 2nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Ever since Donnie Darko and Jarhead, Jake has earned my respect as one of my favorite male actors.

Jean-Luc
November 2nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
What's this? A video game movie that doesn't look like complete arse? :iamafag:

blind
November 2nd, 2009, 09:09 PM
Ever since Donnie Darko and Jarhead, Jake has earned my respect as one of my favorite male actors.
so he's had your respect since one of his first movies.
cool man.

Kalub
November 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
mrpeachez

Heathen
November 2nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
yeah, it does look good though, jokes aside.

paladin
November 3rd, 2009, 12:58 AM
Looks cool. I wish there were more game adaptations. Id love to see a Bioshock, assassins creed, halo, ect movie.

Jean-Luc
November 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Looks cool. I wish there were more game adaptations. Id love to see a Bioshock, assassins creed, halo, ect movie.

List of movies currently "in production" (read: Nobody knows if they'll really be made):

1) Bioshock
2) Legend of Spyro 3D
3) Prince of Persia
4) Crysis
5) Dead Space
6) Gears of War
7) Army of Two
8) Area 51
9) Castlevania
10) City of Heroes
11) Dante's Inferno
12) Deus Ex
13) Devil May Cry
14) Doom 2
15) Duke Nukem
16) Earthworm Jim
17) God of War
18) Halo
19) Hitman 2
20) Infamous
21) Kane & Lynch
22) Lost Planet
23) Mass Effect
24) Mechwarrior
25) Metal Gear Solid
26) Metroid
27) Onimusha
28) Return to Castle Wolfenstein
29) Shadow of the Colossus
30) Silent Hill 2
31) Spy Hunter
32) Splinter Cell
33) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
34) Warcraft

A few of those ARE in production (Lost Planet, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Kane & Lynch), but the rest I'm not so sure.

Pooky
November 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
A Metroid movie, no matter how well intentioned, should never be made. It would be horrible no matter what they did.

Warsaw
November 3rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
You forgot to add the 40k movie on that list...not necessarily videogame-inspired, but there are plenty of 40k videogames...and I suspect the DoW cinematics are what kicked off interest for it.

Dwood
November 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
A Metroid movie, no matter how well intentioned, should never be made. It would be horrible no matter what they did.

Yeah. You just can't give Samus personality.

Jean-Luc
November 3rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Yeah. You just can't give Samus personality.
Eh, you'd kind of have to invent it. Bioshock and Dead Space's protagonists didn't really have much personality either, but they both would make excellent movies.

Ganon
November 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
video games shouldn't be made into movies at all

Jean-Luc
November 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
video games shouldn't be made into movies at all
To each his own. If I was told Peter Jackson was making a Mass Effect movie, I'd just toss a blank check into the ticket booth. :-3

paladin
November 3rd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Eh, you'd kind of have to invent it. Bioshock and Dead Space's protagonists didn't really have much personality either, but they both would make excellent movies.

Are you serious about Bioshock? Have you even played the game? Frank Fontaine has all the personality needed to carry the plot. Listen to the audiologs and they tell you pretty much how far Fontaine goes to rule over Rapture. hint, the whole 'would you kindly' thing.

Jean-Luc
November 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Are you serious about Bioshock? Have you even played the game? Frank Fontaine has all the personality needed to carry the plot. Listen to the audiologs and they tell you pretty much how far Fontaine goes to rule over Rapture. hint, the whole 'would you kindly' thing.

Atlas had a great personality, as did Andrew Ryan. I'm talking about Jack Ryan...the guy you PLAY as. I don't recall him having much personality.

paladin
November 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Atlas had a great personality, as did Andrew Ryan. I'm talking about Jack Ryan...the guy you PLAY as. I don't recall him having much personality.

Thats because its the character you play as. The personality comes from the player. Like other movies.. characters can be generalized and/or given a personality. IT wouldnt be the first time.

=sw=warlord
November 29th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Is it out yet?

Bodzilla
November 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
shouldnt be far away, but you know ubisoft.

They always take their time to make sure a games ready and bug free before releasing it.