PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why the FRG is overpowered

FreedomFighter7
November 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM
We had three reds in blues base all with FRGs. We pwned.

Sel
November 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
that's nice

Ganon
November 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
its op if your fuckin bad

Donut
November 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
i thought this was going to be a long "BAW I HATE THE FRG I HATE YOU FOR USING THE FRG AND I HATE HALO CE" rant. i was wrong :iamafag:

legionaire45
November 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
It's wrong because it looks like a phallus.

Sever
November 9th, 2009, 05:53 PM
For all of you bitching about the Fuel Rod Gun's overpoweredness, you haven't seen shit until you've seen it in my hands. I take out targets that simply can't be taken out by anything else. When someone's cowering in a corner of Yoyorast Island, forcing the announcer to ceaselessly utter "Red Team has the flag", I can kill them quite easily with my glowing green rods of death. I can single-handedly control Blue base on Hang 'Em High with nothing but my trusty purple cannon. I can take on Tanks and Snipers all the way on the other side of Timberland with my radioactive artillery barrage. Warthogs and Ghosts simply aren't allowed to travel the main path on Danger Canyon once I've made a trip to the center room. And if anyone's trying to get the drop on me, I only need to fire two shots in their direction and go along my merry way, knowing that they'll have met their swift demise.

Ask anyone who's witnessed my Fuel-Roddery and they'll tell you I'm a terror with that gun in my hands.
/boast

blind
November 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
For all of you bitching about the Fuel Rod Gun's overpoweredness, you haven't seen shit until you've seen it in my hands. I take out targets that simply can't be taken out by anything else. When someone's cowering in a corner of Yoyorast Island, forcing the announcer to ceaselessly utter "Red Team has the flag", I can kill them quite easily with my glowing green rods of death. I can single-handedly control Blue base on Hang 'Em High with nothing but my trusty purple cannon. I can take on Tanks and Snipers all the way on the other side of Timberland with my radioactive artillery barrage. Warthogs and Ghosts simply aren't allowed to travel the main path on Danger Canyon once I've made a trip to the center room. And if anyone's trying to get the drop on me, I only need to fire two shots in their direction and go along my merry way, knowing that they'll have met their swift demise.

Ask anyone who's witnessed my Fuel-Roddery and they'll tell you I'm a terror with that gun in my hands.
/boast
lawl.

Heathen
November 9th, 2009, 06:03 PM

cool story? :raise:

Inferno
November 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Fuel rods are for badkids. I'll Sin(3)SK you with my pistol before you even see me.

FreedomFighter7
November 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty good with the FRG to. Like Sever I to can take out an enemy with two or three shots. The first blast knocks them on a predictable trajectory through the air the second one I just aim for his landing zone. With my connection I'm only really good with heavies. Even with the rocket launcher I still don't get one hit kills even if I aim directly at them. Luckily I'm pretty good with the pistol, even with this connection. The three reds in blue base with FRGs makes me lol.

I never complain about heavies unless someone uses nothing BUT heavies. This is a major problem on DC.

What does OP mean?

Ganon
November 9th, 2009, 06:22 PM
What does OP mean?

overpowered

also, 1v1 i'll show u how good you are :pcgaming:

t3h m00kz
November 9th, 2009, 06:26 PM
winrod gun

supersniper
November 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM
lol i like this thread :D

justin108
November 10th, 2009, 11:26 PM
The FRG is one cute snot shooting bastard. Pistol rapes it so hard though, good luck getting the shots in before being 3sk'ed. Well, unless you are playing someone like Ganon, xD!

Inferno
November 10th, 2009, 11:32 PM
FRG is synonymous for "Terrible game play choices by gearbox".

Pooky
November 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM
FRG is synonymous for "Terrible game play choices by gearbox".
See also: Flamethrower.

ICEE
November 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Anyone who thinks their some kind of artist because they can kill people with a fuel rod gun needs to rethink their definition of the word artist. Its a fucking explosive with a fairly wide splash in a game with bad netcode. Do the math

Rosco
November 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM

I think it was more a poke at bungie for being able to put things in the game that, they, themselves failed at :haw:

ZeRk`
November 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM

one time i won a game of halo and i was happy

Donut
November 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM
if you guys are all so good with the pistol, then why are you bitching about the flame thrower? if you can get close enough to someone to use a flame thrower on the majority of the maps theyre on, you deserve the damn kill

Inferno
November 11th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Flamer is actually pretty decent but it ruins the shotgun. Flamer > shotgun in most all situations.

FRG is terrible. FRG is bad. FRG is homosexual.

ZeRk`
November 11th, 2009, 07:07 PM
The shotty just doesn't do it for me..

Bad reg, bad netcode, bad internet?

Ganon
November 11th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Flamer is actually pretty decent but it ruins the shotgun. Flamer > shotgun in most all situations.

wrong

dont ever post insight on the halo game ever again, you honestly know nothing, well cya

Yoko
November 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
w+m1 flamethrower users in halo are worse than any w+m1 pyro in tf2

shotty works if you're point-blank, otherwise someone will kill you by pistol in a few seconds

Inferno
November 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Pretty much. Flamer is a instant kill if you do it right though.

Gwunty
November 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM
FRG is homosexual.
I was going to ask you "how do you know this" then I realized I already knew the answer,
its becuase it always rapes you :caruso:

Ganon
November 11th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Pretty much. Flamer is a instant kill if you do it right though.

dont ever post insight on the halo game ever again, you honestly know nothing, well cya

well cya

Inferno
November 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
well cya

Lol this kid.

I bet you think the pistol is balanced. Baddie.

Arteen
November 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Sidewinder + OS + camo + flamethrower = <3

The H1 flamethrower is my favorite Halo weapon from any of the games.

supersniper
November 12th, 2009, 10:07 AM
meh my fav is the awesome pwness of the plasma pistol!

blind
November 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Lol this kid.

I bet you think the pistol is balanced. Baddie.
lol it is scrubzilla.

Inferno
November 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
LOL! No.

Boba
November 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM
LOL! No.
inferno i am here to congratulate you on such a successful post

its almost like you won the argument!! :allears:

Ganon
November 12th, 2009, 05:04 PM
pistols aren't balanced but this does not change the fact I'm always right and you are always wrong inferno ~de arimasu

blind
November 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
LOL! No.
plz elaborate

Inferno
November 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
This is the internet.

There is no such thing as winning a argument here.

edit-

But for the record. If you can use a single weapon the entire game and dominate with it (which is pretty much how everyone good plays) then it's a bit to much.

HtH.

Ganon
November 12th, 2009, 05:06 PM
This is the internet.

edit-

But for the record. If you can use a single weapon the entire game and dominate with it (which is pretty much how everyone good plays) then it's a bit to much.

HtH.

futile human ~de arimasu

Inferno
November 12th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Lol.

Baddies.

There are no 100% perfect, all situations, insta-domination weapons in TF2 or Halo 3 or CoD4.

And for good reason.

blind
November 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
This is the internet.

edit-

HtH.
im sorry what?

balance
2. A state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.

im pretty sure everyone starts with the pistol lol...

teh lag
November 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
please not the pistol argument again

blind
November 12th, 2009, 05:14 PM
i just won the pistol argument, i busted out the dictionary

Champ
November 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah blind won hands down. Inferno should have said farewell when Gannon told him to.

Inferno
November 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I like the pistol.

Balance isn't just about everyone having the same weapon. It's about every weapon being equally useful and desirable.

Dwood
November 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I like the pistol.

Balance isn't just about everyone having the same weapon. It's about every weapon being equally useful and desirable.

Yeah no. It's about each weapon having it's uses in different situations.

Not necessarily agreeing with anyone here.

Champ
November 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I like the pistol.

Pistol vs pistol. All the balance you need

Sever
November 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
If that were the case, every weapon would be exactly the same.

Weapon balance is each one having a strong advantage in certain situations - for some, being adequate in most situations is their advantage - but also having certain drawbacks which make them able to be countered with immediately or easily accessible weapons.

supersniper
November 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM
plasma rifle stuns :o

TeeKup
November 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I rather enjoy the plasma rifle.

sleepy1212
November 13th, 2009, 03:09 AM
If that were the case, every weapon would be exactly the same.

Weapon balance is each one having a strong advantage in certain situations - for some, being adequate in most situations is their advantage - but also having certain drawbacks which make them able to be countered with immediately or easily accessible weapons.

yes, and for the purposes of this thread the FRG is intended to be a distance/support weapon just like the sniper. problem is they're too easy to exploit... using snipers in CQC and owning is a good example, getting too close with FRG is bad news though, can't see to the right = headshotted w/pistol (or stickied like a noob)

Rook
November 13th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Pistol vs pistol. All the balance you need

:-3

ZeRk`
November 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Fuck balance.

Inferno
November 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
yes, and for the purposes of this thread the FRG is intended to be a distance/support weapon just like the sniper. problem is they're too easy to exploit... using snipers in CQC and owning is a good example, getting too close with FRG is bad news though, can't see to the right = headshotted w/pistol (or stickied like a noob)

Who's idea was it to make a gun that covers half of the damn screen?

TeeKup
November 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
The same people who thought it was a good idea for the player in Halo 3 to play on a Halo ring for only one mission.

Hurff Durff

supersniper
November 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
lolz they couldn't call it Earth now could they...

TeeKup
November 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
In all honesty though, I'll pick up an FRG if some idiot is barreling towards me with a warthog and I'm out of grenades. After said idiot is dead I shall then pick my Assault Rifle back up.

Sel
November 13th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah blind won hands down. Inferno should have said farewell when Gannon told him to.

Inferno
November 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah I know. Blind is a master arguer. He defeated me with this massive intellect.... wait that doesn't sound right...

:raise:

sleepy1212
November 14th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Who's idea was it to make a gun that covers half of the damn screen?

I'm blaming you :eng101:

t3h m00kz
November 15th, 2009, 02:15 AM
the way I see it all the other weapons are UNDERPOWERED~

Con
November 15th, 2009, 02:27 AM
who cares, use whatever gets the job done

seriously if you care about what weapons people use at this point then kill you'resaelf

Ganon
November 15th, 2009, 03:23 AM
add wankzta to xfire four aimbot

Inferno
November 15th, 2009, 04:13 AM
My hacks are good I have awesome xX1337skillz420Xx.exe.

Rosco
November 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
please not the pistol argument again

Balance issue thread ??? :maddowns:

blind
November 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah I know. Blind is a master arguer. He defeated me with this massive intellect.... wait that doesn't sound right...

:raise:
yeah i think you mean cock

t3h m00kz
November 17th, 2009, 01:56 AM
who cares, use whatever gets the job done

seriously if you care about what weapons people use at this point then kill you'resaelf

SHUT UP PISTOL FAG, U HAVE NO DIGNITY :smith:

supersniper
November 17th, 2009, 09:43 AM
SHUT UP PISTOL FAG, U HAVE NO DIGNITY :smith:
and you have no skillz :neckbeard:

Hunter
November 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
nor penis:realsmug: