PDA

View Full Version : [UNREAL] Well, it's final.

Trulife8342
November 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Snafubar's company Panic Room Studios and Dimension Gaming LLC (my comp.) have created a successful partnership and are developing a full stand alone game. This topic will be used to discuss the game at hand, expect more details within the week.

cheezdue
November 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Sweet, what kind of game is it gonna be?

Heathen
November 11th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Horse Ownership Simulation?

Inferno
November 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Airport terrorist simulator.

Oh wait too late IW beat you to it.

edit-

FUCK WAIT! Hire me I need a job. I'm cool and I get shit done fast. Snaf knows this.

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Can I do voice work?
Honestly, if you are looking for voice work, I can do that, I can do serious voices if I am needed.
And if you are serious about giving me voice work, I can pull some strings and get some legitimate high quality voice recording (I know a guy that records for bands)

Inferno
November 11th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Can I do voice work?
Honestly, if you are looking for voice work, I can do that, I can do serious voices if I am needed.
And if you are serious about giving me voice work, I can pull some strings and get some legitimate high quality voice recording (I know a guy that records for bands)

Fuck off I asked for a job first!

:maddowns:

joking lol, but srsly i really would love to start doing work proffesionally and i could move start working as soon as i graduate from HS

flibitijibibo
November 11th, 2009, 10:18 PM
You guys will have to audition for me when we get dialogue worked out. XP

Dwood
November 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Until you get bsp that infects itself to flood or some infection type I will never be impressed. :P

NuggetWarmer
November 11th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Anything to get people interested?

Trulife8342
November 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
We will give more details within the week.

ultama121
November 12th, 2009, 12:28 AM
So... since its in the Unreal section I'm going to assume you guys are using the UDK, right? :iamafag:

mech
November 12th, 2009, 12:45 AM
If you guys are serious about working for them you'd submit a portfolio.

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 12th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I have none.
:smith:

ICEE
November 12th, 2009, 01:04 AM
will animate 4 food :smith:

SnaFuBAR
November 12th, 2009, 02:33 AM
If you guys have portfolio images put them together, or if you have a personal webspace that works as well.

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 12th, 2009, 03:22 AM
How would I do a portfolio of voice acting?
Or should I just do live takes, if you want some voice acting, just send me some stuff you would like me to do, and if you are going to hire me after that, I can pull some strings and get high quality recording for it.

L0d3x
November 12th, 2009, 03:58 AM
What kind of job positions do you guys have?
Nonetheless, I'm happy for you, hope to see great things.

Sever
November 12th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Is this going to be just multiplayer, or have a storyline as well? If it does have a singleplayer component, I'd be more than willing to help with the story concept and edit the dialog. If not me, then just be sure that you've got someone doing script editing. Really. I just can't stand when professionally made products have simple spelling errors and grammar goofs.

Llama Juice
November 12th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I wanna help ya but I have another game I gotta do at the moment. :/

FRain
November 12th, 2009, 07:31 AM
will animate for new comp

(jk ill send you guys a portfolio later.)

Trulife8342
November 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM
It will be single-player, with an in-depth story line.
We are in need of texture artists, and animators as of right now, if you are serious then please do what Snaf said. As far as voice acting goes, we will need them in the future so just stay put.

• Texture Artists
• Animator
• 1 more concept artist
• Depending on how good you are, a modeler.
• 1 more writer.

neuro
November 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM

you'll be up against me btw :3

FRain
November 12th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I'll definitely set up a portfolio of stuff I've done within the next week.

When do you need the portfolios?

ultama121
November 12th, 2009, 01:03 PM
you'll be up against me btw :3
Good luck to your oponent. :v:

Ki11a_FTW
November 12th, 2009, 01:13 PM
If you guys need any props modeled, or animations, let me know :downs:

http://ki11aftw.daportfolio.com/

Sel
November 12th, 2009, 01:58 PM
snaf will fuck it up because he is a shitty modeller and can not make a game

neuro
November 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM
:o

just because he's black, that doesnt mean all he can do is rob people, shoot people, rape, scam, spend time in jail, and rap!!

you're so racist sel!.

=sw=warlord
November 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM
:o

just because he's black, that doesnt mean all he can do is rob people, shoot people, rape, scam, spend time in jail, eat chicken wings, water melon and rap!!

you're so racist sel!.
Sel's just jealous because snafubar can unwrap....

I really don't know about UV's, I'm not very strong in that area...but it generally doesn't sound like a very good idea.
who am i kidding:smith:

SnaFuBAR
November 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
well shit i guess that's what happens when you do too much else. I know how but A.D.D. is like "ok, place receiver unwrap right ove- look a kitty!"

Trulife8342
November 12th, 2009, 03:57 PM
XD, If you guys are serious about applying understand that you will be under a strict NDA. If you have a portfolio ready send it to Snaf AND to me to be reviewed. We can both be contacted on AIM roughly in the afternoons and nights.

Dwood
November 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I could write but i'm not 100% sure about what you're trying to do with the game. if I knew more about the idea i'd be more definitive.

e: I used to have some killer story ideas for some theoretical games a friend and I wrote up a long while back... in fact i'd love to rewrite them one of these days hmm....

Limited
November 12th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Writing? I hope thats storyline and not a CDD (:D snaf)

Is this in an engine or are you programming it from scratch?
Just saw its in Unreal forum, you doing a total conversion mod then?

Dwood
November 12th, 2009, 04:14 PM

Lol xD If I wrote the/a story for it, it'd be epic. Just cuz that's the kinda writer I am.

Pm me with more info <please> because writing a story to a game needs to take into account all the different aspects of a game engine + its capabilities and not just the story itself.

Trulife8342
November 12th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Is this in an engine or are you programming it from scratch?
Just saw its in Unreal forum, you doing a total conversion mod then?

Its a stand-alone game. No traces of UT will be in our game. Its is completely stand-alone. And we are using a version of the UDK that has everything to do with UT removed.

NuggetWarmer
November 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
well shit i guess that's what happens when you do too much else. I know how but A.D.D. is like "ok, place receiver unwrap right ove- look a kitty!"

You must spread reputation before giving it to SnaFuBAR again. :C

I have that same problem.

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I just want people to know, I am 100% serious about wanting a job doing voice acting, and I should be able to get high quality recordings done of them, I have a friend who records music for bands and such (indie bands) at professional quality.

Heathen
November 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
How would I do a portfolio of voice acting?
Or should I just do live takes, if you want some voice acting, just send me some stuff you would like me to do, and if you are going to hire me after that, I can pull some strings and get high quality recording for it.

This man is a voice actor. Trust me.

t3h m00kz
November 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Just out of curiosity you got anyone who knows how to code?

Trulife8342
November 12th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Yes we do.

Rentafence
November 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
It took way too long for someone to finally decide to do this with all the random talent (or lack thereof :realsmug:) we have here.

English Mobster
November 12th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Just out of curiosity you got anyone who knows how to code?
Sorry, this is driving me insane.

HAVE.
HAVE.

HAVE.

You may resume your prior business.

Sel
November 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM

HAVE.
HAVE.

HAVE.

you obviously don't know any hip talk

Ganon
November 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM

HAVE.
HAVE.

HAVE.

you obviously don't know any hip talk

flibitijibibo
November 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ohh, THAT English...

Inferno
November 13th, 2009, 03:35 PM
You be hire'n up bros?

Trulife8342
November 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Yes we are, but you must submit a portfolio.

L0d3x
November 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM
So you guys aren't looking for (additional) mission designers then?

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 13th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Frain is doing a trailer of some sort, I'll be doing the voiceovers, consider that a joint operation.

t3h m00kz
November 13th, 2009, 06:27 PM
I'd submit a portfolio but there's nothing in particular I'm really exceptional at. I'm a so-so modeler, haven't gone above low-poly though I like to think my topology is decent, my animations aren't anything spectacular, my textures p bad, UVWs are half-assed, and, well, I don't know shit about Uscript or any scripting because I've been babied by Halo's tag system.

One of these days though.

ICEE
November 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hoping to hear something back soon. I'd really like to work on this project

Trulife8342
November 13th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Snaf, And I and another member are going to be going through interviews tomorrow. Please submit any art to us if you truly want a spot.

Inferno
November 14th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I'm doing a all night LAN tonight. I can send all the files to snaf tomorrow.

Phopojijo
November 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Tsk tsk, not taking your job seriously? :p

Inferno
November 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Lol. I've been planning that shit all week. There's no way I would cancel it. :downs:

Trulife8342
November 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM
We are looking for at least 2 web designers immediately.

sdavis117
November 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Do they need to know PHP?

If not, then I am in. But if I need to know PHP, then you would have better luck elsewhere. I only know HTML (XHTML) and CSS.

Though I could learn PHP as I go, for a later date if you would need it.

Yoko
November 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I have about the same web design knowledge as sdavis, and I'm learning Visual Basic programming right now. Since most programming follows the same basic structure, I can understand some code. I'm also pretty damn good with photoshop and designing :) If you need a portfolio of websites I've done (e.g. one, but i'm working on someone's site right now, so 2 soon) I can send them to you.

Ganon
November 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I'm also pretty damn good with photoshop and designing :)

statement confirmed

p0lar_bear
November 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I'd apply as a writer, but I really don't trust myself with a work-at-home scenario...

Trulife8342
November 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
If you don't feel as if you could be motivated enough to do your job then this probably isn't the best spot to be applying for, I mean working at home and earning money is nice

Sever
November 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I'm still up for doing editing of any written or spoken words and helping with any general concepts, and I'm willing to do it for free.

Inferno
November 18th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hey. I'm dealing with a lot of shit right now and I haven't had a time to finish up a portfolio but I will have one ready sometime this thanksgiving break.

=sw=warlord
November 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Out of curiosity how exactly would this all work out?
Im guessing it would be people of the same nation as you and snaf being employed only?

justin108
November 19th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I will try to break your shit free of charge xD!

I work on a for luls basis, I may require a strict NDA on my jokes.

Trulife8342
November 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Hey. I'm dealing with a lot of shit right now and I haven't had a time to finish up a portfolio but I will have one ready sometime this thanksgiving break.

Ok no problem.

MMFSdjw
November 19th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Part of me wants to jump on this but between 40 hours a week and a pregnant wife I'm not confident I'd be able to devote the necessary time.
With that said, I might as well throw my hat in.
My portfolio can be found at www.danjw.net (http://www.danjw.net).
so.. yeah.

Ganon
November 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'm willing to help with anything that would require video editing, small or large tasks. While most of my release work are videos that I have spent no more than a few days on and do not have a whole bunch of post production work on them, I am quite capable of producing slightly complex content (I am always messing around doing random practice things). Most modern day game trailers aren't that out of reach for me to "recreate" the level of quality represented by them. I suppose my upcoming Yoyorast V2 promo will serve as my resume, being that it's the only video that is close to being done that I have spent a reasonable time planning and laboring on. For the most part, I use Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas for my primary video editing software. I am also relatively capable in photoshop and 3ds max when need be for my editing needs. This kind of stuff is one of my bountiful career field options, so I will do everything free of charge, I see this as no more than a great win-win opportunity. PM me if you are interested in my services at all, I can fill you in on any questions you may have (such as recent haphazard work).

Dwood
November 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Still busy?

FRain
November 23rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'm going to be insanely busy for the next few weeks, so I'm hoping to have my portfolio done by mid-december. It'll be a while but I'll get it done, i swear

Reaper Man
November 24th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Clearly a game design studio needs a street photographer :v:

Lol, anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

LlamaMaster
November 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'd be interested in this if I had a portfolio worth giving a damn about. But alas, i've been making stuff for Halo; the worst and most inefficient game to model for. And as such, I have almost nothing. Not to mention general life bullshittery....

I hope to see some good things come from this team.

neuro
November 24th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Clearly a game design studio needs a street photographer :v:

Lol, anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

youll be surprised how much artists yearn for good texture-photographs.
hell, theres a bunch of websites for them, but 70% of the time, htye dnt have what youre looking for.

LlamaMaster
November 24th, 2009, 04:20 PM
youll be surprised how much artists yearn for good texture-photographs.
hell, theres a bunch of websites for them, but 70% of the time, htye dnt have what youre looking for.
http://www.cgtextures.com/

The majority are fairly easy to convert into textures with the clone brush/contrast slider. It may be cheating, but hell, it looks good ingame.

Disaster
November 24th, 2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.cgtextures.com/

The majority are fairly easy to convert into textures with the clone brush/contrast slider. It may be cheating, but hell, it looks good ingame.
Yes. Every good texture artist / game artist knows about CGtextures.

However, its usually better to take photos so they are exactly what you are looking for.

Inferno
November 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I'm going to be unable to use this computer for the next week. :gonk:

So yeah. Eventually.

NuggetWarmer
November 24th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Do you want people who make sub div models with ease, or would you be willing to accept someone who knows little to nothing about it?

SnaFuBAR
November 25th, 2009, 12:57 AM
This isn't an internship to learn. If you can't produce current-gen work, you need not apply.

Timo
November 25th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I'm on holiday at the moment and the job market in my home town is pretty dead. So if you need the odd photo texture, i'll probably be able to help out.

Bodzilla
November 25th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'm australian.

i want 80 grand a year to be director of human relations.
you'd be insane NOT to hire me :smug:

Sel
November 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM
This isn't an internship to learn. If you can't produce current-gen work, you need not apply.

Why the fuck are you asking here then :raise:

Trulife8342
November 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM
This is just one of the places we are looking, It was just for people who felt they had the talent.

SnaFuBAR
November 25th, 2009, 03:00 PM
there is more to making a game than modeling, lol sel.

some people here are entirely capable of current gen work.

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I can do voice acting :D
If you can give me a script or something to tryout for, tell me.

Sel
November 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
there is more to making a game than modeling, lol sel.

some people here are entirely capable of current gen work.

:allears:

flibitijibibo
November 25th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I can do voice acting :D
If you can give me a script or something to tryout for, tell me.
How many times have you mentioned that now? We get it, you can attempt accents. Maybe instead of telling us you can do it, you can actually record it and send it to me like you should have the first time you begged for attention.

Hey Snaf/Trulife, can a brother get an update? I haven't gotten anything since you picked me up.

Pyong Kawaguchi
November 25th, 2009, 06:26 PM
But what is it that you want me to do? you want me to record one of my comedy skits or something when I am talking with someone?

flibitijibibo
November 25th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Whatever you feel you're best at.

ICEE
November 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Bawww im bad at things everyone should be bad at things

Sel
November 26th, 2009, 05:51 PM

That is obviously not what I meant, I think you should be considering extra curricular education along side your standard American education :allears:

Bodzilla
November 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM
what do you guys have in the way of music?
what themes are we looking at here got a couple of ideas floating around in my head for a story album i've started to create if yas are interested drop me a line.
i'm sure most of it could be fairly easily converted.

looking at getting a drumset a bass and a keyboard and starting to compose them completely.

flibitijibibo
November 27th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Send me some of your stuff, right now I'm getting an orchestra together for the soundtrack... might be able to get less classical stuff in thar.

Of course, that's just getting the group together. As far as my inbox can tell, the story is incomplete, so I haven't written anything yet.

Bodzilla
November 28th, 2009, 05:08 AM
looking at getting a bass and a new amp that will power both as well as a keyboard. i get all of my holiday pay up front and i'm off for 5 weeks as well as chrissy and my birthday coming up.
I've got the ideas going i'm just hopeless with the editing part so at best i can string riffs and sequences together.

whats a good editing program flibit that i can get the hang of fairly easily?
otherwise ya probably wont get the real impression :/

k4is3rxkh40s
November 28th, 2009, 05:40 AM
looking at getting a bass and a new amp that will power both as well as a keyboard. i get all of my holiday pay up front and i'm off for 5 weeks as well as chrissy and my birthday coming up.
I've got the ideas going i'm just hopeless with the editing part so at best i can string riffs and sequences together.

whats a good editing program flibit that i can get the hang of fairly easily?
otherwise ya probably wont get the real impression :/

Riffworks (http://www.sonomawireworks.com/T4/) isn't too bad, it's free and if you create an account there's online collaboration. Can mix up to 4 "layers" in the free version. Also comes with a couple of effects like reverb and chorus. Along with that, there's also drum tracks to play along to or add into each riff.

flibitijibibo
November 28th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah, Riffworks would do alright. And, since it's obligatory for my conscience, I can also recommend SONAR (http://www.cakewalk.com). If you had USB preamps or something along those lines, you can use the included Guitar Pro to emulate whatever amp you please.

Warsaw
November 29th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evo, mb mb? Or did that project die? Last I heard of it was that WoL had turned that rifle concept I gave him into a model.

It will be single-player, with an in-depth story line.
We are in need of texture artists, and animators as of right now, if you are serious then please do what Snaf said. As far as voice acting goes, we will need them in the future so just stay put.

• Texture Artists
• Animator
• 1 more concept artist
• 1 more writer.

That concept position still open? If so, is Photoshop a must or do old-fashioned drawings suffice (I don't have a tablet)?

I'm finishing some drawings presently and I'll put them in a portfolio when they're done unless the position is not open or you decide I'm not qualified beforehand.

Dwood
November 29th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Of course, that's just getting the group together. As far as my inbox can tell, the story is incomplete, so I haven't written anything yet.

:saddowns:

Corndogman
November 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Looky what I found:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/034/3/7/Senic_concept_by_Dimension_Gaming.jpg

http://dimension-gaming.deviantart.com/

Phopojijo
November 29th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Snafubar's company Panic Room Studios and Dimension Gaming LLC (my comp.) have created a successful partnership and are developing a full stand alone game. This topic will be used to discuss the game at hand, expect more details within the week.Okay it's been bugging me for almost a month now...

Did you actually register an LLC?

FRain
February 4th, 2010, 08:49 PM
what happened with this?

still going strong and being secret or did it die?

just curious

Dwood
February 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM
what happened with this?

still going strong and being secret or did it die?

just curious

trulife's girl got preggo. Then he dropped off the face of the planet.

Corndogman
February 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Are you guys still hiring? I've got a friend interested in doing concept work.

SnaFuBAR
February 16th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Are you guys still hiring? I've got a friend interested in doing concept work.

This is on hiatus while we reevaluate the partnership due to new scenarios.