PDA

View Full Version : Going watch 2012?

Heathen
November 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I'm going to go see it tonight.
Despite my feelings, it looks pretty good, if not only for a laugh.
Hz86TsGx3fc

Sel
November 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/2012/

nah

Heathen
November 13th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Meh, I have recently discovered that I cant trust anyones ratings because everyone in the world is retarded except for me.

ultama121
November 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, looks like a dumb movie. Don't know where they're going to go with it.

OH SHIT JOHN CUSAK HAS TO SAVE HIS FAMILY. GET ON THE PLANE KIDDIES. THE WORLD HAS ENDED OH GOD... the end? Where else can you really go from there? I mean I guess they could: LET'S GO TO -insert other area of the world somehow unaffected- or hooray we're gonna be ok because of said magically technology [/deusexmachina].

Heathen
November 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah, looks like a dumb movie. Don't know where they're going to go with it.

OH SHIT JOHN CUSAK HAS TO SAVE HIS FAMILY. GET ON THE PLANE KIDDIES. THE WORLD HAS ENDED OH GOD... the end? Where else can you really go from there? I mean I guess they could: LET'S GO TO -insert other area of the world somehow unaffected- or hooray we're gonna be ok because of said magically technology [/deusexmachina].

These guys made "The Day after Tomorrow" so the only thing I could see is ending it like TDaT which was "GLOBAL WARMING IS KILLING EVERYONE AND THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS WHO GOT SEPARATED WERE FATHER AND SON. NOW THE EPIC STRUGGLE TO REACH EACH OTHER BEGINS. THEY FINALLY FIND EACH OTHER. THEY HUG IN THE WORST PART OF THE STORM. Storm ends and everyone lives happily ever after. Scientists figure out that hugs cancel out Global Warming.

cheezdue
November 13th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Those special effects look amazing :O

UnevenElefant5
November 13th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Probably end up seeing it with my friends in a bit. Dunno.

Lateksi
November 13th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Those special effects look amazing :O

Yeah, I'd only go watch this because of those.

mech
November 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I want to see it because of the CG, but not enough to pay.

Higuy
November 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
looks stupid as hell, but the graphics and environments do look pretty interesting. I might go see it, dunno though.

Con
November 13th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Wait, people aren't going to this because the story isn't good enough for them?

Honestly you're just being picky bastards. This movie is entertainment in its purest forms: shit blowing up, people getting owned, explosions, big stuff breaking, and explosions. Having some of the best CG of all time is an added bonus.

Timo
November 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It looks like a movie length CGI showcase film. I don't want to pay $15 going to the movies to see it v_V

Needles
November 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/2012/

nah

Rotten tomatoes is to negative on action movies IMO..

Might see it.

chrisk123999
November 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sucks for you guys, movie theater around here (in the middle of nowhere) charges $5.15. I think the movie is worth the 5 bucks to watch.

Jean-Luc
November 13th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I was considering it until I found out the movie is a FUCKING ABSURD 2 1/2 HOURS LONG. I don't sit through action movies that long unless they have a worthwhile story (see: Lord of the Rings)

AAA
November 13th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Just got done watching it. It was an inflated length. I got angsty after 2 hours. was funny and a tid bit of lame on parts but overall. It was pretty epic. 4.5 out of 5 from here.

paladin
November 14th, 2009, 01:01 AM
It looks like a movie length CGI showcase film. I don't want to pay $15 going to the movies to see it v_V

who pays $15 for a movie? $7.75 here...

Timo
November 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Someone who lives in a country where a movie is shipped to, then carried by horse and carriage to the local cinema. :F

HDoan
November 14th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I saw this just an hour ago; story line is pretty simple and a bit dull =/ But the action scenes were amazing.

Sel
November 14th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Sucks to be you guys, 2$ CAD here.

adambrown81
November 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Hi Everyone,
I am quite interesting to see these movie,because of its special effect in the movie and second i want know the story of 2012 what exactly they are trying to mention there story highlighted,and second what to be happen in the 2012 years.At least one time definitely i will watch these movie.

Rob Oplawar
November 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM
This guy's legit.

Why would somebody complain that a movie was 2.5 hours long? I'm always complaining that movies are too short-- 1.5 hours is barely enough time to introduce characters and tell a compelling narrative. People have shitty attention spans these days, I swear.

On topic, I'll be seeing this movie eventually, just so I can laugh at the absurdity of it. Also, I love seeing the world destroyed, and it looks like this movie is gonna do a good job.

Limited
November 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Why would somebody complain that a movie was 2.5 hours long?
If you feel its too long, its too damn long. If your in the cinema, and your fully into it, loving it, you wont even think about length, you'll just be amazed. If your consciously thinking it, then its pretty shit/dragging out.

CGI looks amazing, I dont agree with the whole we are doomed in 2012, if I see it, its only for the CGI/action.

Heathen
November 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Wait, people aren't going to this because the story isn't good enough for them?

Better than transformers 2 :/

It was pretty good. I liked it. It held its weight pretty well. And limited, I didnt feel it was 2.5 hours long.

E: oh yeah and 15 bucks? fuck that, we are like 5.50.

legionaire45
November 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Why don't we just have an actual Apocalypse?

I bet that would be more fun than watching this (haven't seen it yet).

Heathen
November 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Heh, on the movie Woody was broadcasting him watching the apocalypse on the radio.

Choking Victim
November 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Add this to the list of bi-yearly end of the world action films.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif