PDA

View Full Version : so...

Rob Oplawar
April 19th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Who's gonna port the Halo 1 campaign to Halo 2? I'd love to see how it would play on that engine... would that be on CMT's to-do list? If not, it should be.

Stealth
April 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Who's gonna port the Halo 1 campaign to Halo 2? I'd love to see how it would play on that engine... would that be on CMT's to-do list? If not, it should be.
3 things

CMT isn't the only mapping team, and there are others that can do the job.
Bungie and Microsoft have both said that SP maps and UIs can't be made with the map editor.
this topic has been talked about before on a difrent forums, in fact I think I'm one of the ones that asked about that on CMT's old forums.

Neuro Guro
April 19th, 2007, 02:33 PM
It is possible , just it won't be with the kit they initially release.

Although it will take awhile , Prometheus will eventually include Vista support , so SP on h2v isn't that far-fetched. But I DO NOT want to see a direct port , I wish to see it all remade and refurbished.

Zeph
April 19th, 2007, 02:52 PM
3 things

Bungie and Haired Gun have both said that SP maps and UIs can't be made with the map editor.
this topic has been talked about before on a different forums, in fact I think I'm one of the ones that asked about that on CMT's old forums.

I'm sorry, but if you cant figure out how to get a SP map to work without the initial editing kit's support, that doesn't mean it's not possible. The biggest hurdle to overcome will be making sure things like the equivalent of recorded animations will be available.

Stealth
April 19th, 2007, 03:08 PM
It is possible , just it won't be with the kit they initially release.

Although it will take awhile , Prometheus will eventually include Vista support , so SP on h2v isn't that far-fetched. But I DO NOT want to see a direct port , I wish to see it all remade and refurbished.
ya, ok so the stock Editing kit can't, but Prometheus will, my bad.
and agreed, I don't want to see a direct port, I want to see some Halo 2 Bipeds, and vehicles in there, maybe even some weapons, but mostly I want to see Dual Wielding in there, that'll be the fun part.

Dole
April 19th, 2007, 03:31 PM
3 things

Bungie and Haired Gun have both said that SP maps and UIs can't be made with the map editor.
this topic has been talked about before on a difrent forums, in fact I think I'm one of the ones that asked about that on CMT's old forums.
lol.
Haired Gun.

I have a haired gun. :)

Rob Oplawar
April 19th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Well as I was writing the post, it occurred to me that cmt might likely already have such plans, and cmt has forums and members right here.

but my question remains, is anyone planning on doing it? i searched for it and didn't turn up and useful results.

Masterz1337
April 20th, 2007, 01:28 AM
If possible, I doubt CMT would do it. We are quite tired of H1SP.

Kornman00
April 20th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Bungie and Microsoft have both said that SP maps and UIs can't be made with the map editor.
you forgot to cite your sources

DaneO'Roo
April 20th, 2007, 04:53 AM
ya, ok so the stock Editing kit can't, but Prometheus will, my bad.
and agreed, I don't want to see a direct port, I want to see some Halo 2 Bipeds, and vehicles in there, maybe even some weapons, but mostly I want to see Dual Wielding in there, that'll be the fun part.

what the fuck stealth. Keyword: Port of Halo 1. If you wanted halo 2 for halo 2 vista, you'd allready have it. Idiot.

Basically, they meant Halo 1, with normal mapping everywhere on everything, fully dynamic lihgting new shader enhancements, and just the shiny glowy awesomeness of halo 2 graphics on halo 1, just to give the old game a nice new modern touch. I honestly Can't even imagine what the level Halo (a30) would look like with fully bumped cliffs, bloom, dynamic lighting......all I can see in my head when i think about that is a pair of titties. TBH

Varmint260
April 20th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Oh come on Dano, what about dual-weilding? That'd be hilarious with H1 weapons! Of course, since none of them were made with that in mind... hehehe, imagine pwning everything in sight with dual M6Ds though!

But yeah, just standard H1 campaign with a graphical improvement would be nice.