PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop cs3 on shelves

demonmaster3k
April 19th, 2007, 05:37 PM
i was browsing numerous boards to see comments on this new software. apparently the version of photoshop cs3 to buy is the extended edition which is $999. it has integrated model support for all you modders out there
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/xReKLiSx/extended3d.jpg

haven't tried it yet, but hopefully you could open up a .max file and paint over the model eliminating the annoying and tedious actions of uv unwrapping the object

DaneO'Roo
April 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM
WHOA, so you can like......export a model, with the uv's on it, and draw on it that way?????? Though I would still paint on a flat uvw at the same time, just cuz well, to get it more accurate, but dam, with shading and stuff, it'd be AWESOME.

/must have nou D:

Xehsin
April 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
WHOA, so you can like......export a model, with the uv's on it, and draw on it that way?????? Though I would still paint on a flat uvw at the same time, just cuz well, to get it more accurate, but dam, with shading and stuff, it'd be AWESOME.

/must have nou D:

Agreed, im buying this one for sure!

SnaFuBAR
April 19th, 2007, 06:03 PM
slick

Patrickssj6
April 19th, 2007, 06:04 PM
The old Photoshop versions were very poorly done.This looks promising.

DaneO'Roo
April 19th, 2007, 06:09 PM
:/ no they weren't you just probably didn't know how to use them....

Con
April 19th, 2007, 06:23 PM
WOW, I'm definantly going to try that.

Agamemnon
April 19th, 2007, 06:33 PM
:/ no they weren't you just probably didn't know how to use them....
Yeah, they were. The only difference between CS2 and 7 was that CS2 had an interface menu for the filters and had a more detailed file browser.

Patrickssj6
April 19th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, they were. The only difference between CS2 and 7 was that CS2 had an interface menu for the filters and had a more detailed file browser.
+rep

and I don't think a program like that would be worth that much

Atty
April 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Laff, it's more for Photoshop then it is for Vista, hell you can build a somewhat decent gaming rig for less then it costs for Photoshop.
Oh, and...where is that trial version I have around here. :O

mR_r0b0to
April 19th, 2007, 08:06 PM
i'm going to "try" it.

Stealth
April 19th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I've tried the beta, it's nice, but it was getting on my nervers that I couldn't use it more.

Amit
April 19th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Gotta get this one to start fresh for H2V.

demonmaster3k
April 20th, 2007, 05:28 AM
i don't know if there is a trial yet, i went to the adobe site and there was only purchase-then-download links.
here's the price info:
Photoshop CS3 Extended

Buy US$999 (http://www.adobe.com/go/buyphotoshopextended)
Upgrade from US$349 (http://www.adobe.com/go/buyphotoshopextended_upg)and some system reqirements:

Windows
Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel Centrino®, Intel Xeon®, or Intel Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)
512MB of RAM
64MB of video RAM
1GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
1,024x768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card
DVD-ROM drive
QuickTime 7 software required for multimedia features
Internet or phone connection required for product activation
Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe Stock Photos (http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/adobestockphotos/)* and other servicesMacintosh
PowerPC® G4 or G5 or multicore Intel processor
Mac OS X v.10.4.8
512MB of RAM
64MB of video RAM
2GB of available hard-disk space (additional free space required during installation)
1,024x768 monitor resolution with 16-bit video card
DVD-ROM drive
QuickTime 7 software required for multimedia features
Internet or phone connection required for product activation
Broadband Internet connection required for Adobe Stock Photos (http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/adobestockphotos/)* and other servicesIt is both vista and xp compatible by the way

hope that helps if any of you have plans on buying (otherwise it looks like i've spammed the page)

Patrickssj6
April 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Photoshop CS3 Extended
Buy US$999 (http://www.adobe.com/go/buyphotoshopextended)
Upgrade from US$349 (http://www.adobe.com/go/buyphotoshopextended_upg):lmao:

TheGhost
April 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Would it be cheaper to buy a previous version of Photoshop and then the upgrade instead of buying CS3 full? lol

Patrickssj6
April 20th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Would it be cheaper to buy a previous version of Photoshop and then the upgrade instead of buying CS3 full? lol

lol

It's just funny how much the difference between upgrade and full is :XD:

ExAm
April 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Laff, it's more for Photoshop then it is for Vista, hell you can build a somewhat decent gaming rig for less then it costs for Photoshop.
Oh, and...where is that trial version I have around here. :OThat's exactly what I did. My computer costs roughly half that. It's just not worth it at all. Highest price I'd pay for it is 200 bucks.

Pred1ator
April 20th, 2007, 04:34 PM
this would be awsome to use for all graphic artists out thar including me...i really want this, ill wait till dad gets it from a friend at work

(for those who think i suck at photoshop, lets have a sig battle and see who is better)

DaneO'Roo
April 20th, 2007, 07:34 PM

^ lol it would.

this would be awsome to use for all graphic artists out thar including me...i really want this, ill wait till dad gets it from a friend at work

(for those who think i suck at photoshop, lets have a sig battle and see who is better)

Sorry, just had to lol. Sigs dont mean shit. Make something worthwhile in photoshop that is actually artistic, before considering yourself an artist.

Con
April 20th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I agree with Dano, I don't know anything about Pred1ator for sure, but most of the time when people make a sig they:

Find a render
Use someone else's grunge brushes on it
add a border
color balanceThat really doesn't prove anything, but considering the fact that he feels he needs to get into a "sig battle" to prove himself says enough.

Cortexian
April 20th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I'm just waiting for Creative Suite 3 Web Design... Deamweaver, Photoshop, Imageready, Flash, all CS3...

And yea, usually I try to make my own brushes when I make sigs, I also make most of my own renders nowadays... And no, my current sig is not 100% me, it's actually a sig from a few years ago when i was using PS7.

Con
April 21st, 2007, 12:15 AM
I'm just waiting for Creative Suite 3 Web Design... Deamweaver, Photoshop, Imageready, Flash, all CS3...

And yea, usually I try to make my own brushes when I make sigs, I also make most of my own renders nowadays... And no, my current sig is not 100% me, it's actually a sig from a few years ago when i was using PS7.

I've always loved your sig, it just looks so damn cool.

demonmaster3k
April 21st, 2007, 07:20 PM
ah... starcraft the dark arcon
what a good game that was
too bad ghost never came out