PDA

View Full Version : learn to type

Rob Oplawar
April 20th, 2007, 12:36 AM
heh, i just found a typing game (http://gprime.net/game.php/qwertywarriors)- it's a pretty good idea, i think, but after a couple of minutes it becomes counter productive because you start trying to type too fast. still, i might come back every so often and try to get myself to stop staring at the keyboard when i type. after a certain point, if you lose f and j you're gone; it takes too long to get your fingers lined up again without looking. hmm, i should get some of those crazy splitting fingers from ghost in the shell... i wonder if keyboards can even take input that fast.

rossmum
April 20th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I have to glance at the keyboard just before I start typing, but once I've got my finger on the right letter I'm good to go. I type mainly with my index fingers and use my rings to hit backspace or shift or tab or whatever. They tried to teach us 'normal' typing at primary school, but I was absolutely terrible at it and I type far faster and more accurately like this (provided I'm actually awake, which is a fairly rare occurence) :|

Limited
April 20th, 2007, 09:29 AM
^ Same here although with numbers I have to look :D

I use index and middle finger mostly. Using ALL fingers is just crazy and pointless.

Varmint260
April 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Since I have absolutely no life, I can easily type with my eyes closed. Seriously, even though the way I position my hands is totally wrong, I swear my fingers know exactly where each and every key is. The trouble is when I switch from a desktop's keyboard to a notebook's (OMG IM TOTALLY LOST!).

Oh, and Limited, that is freaky. I just noticed that I basically rely only on index and middle finger, too. Plus thumbs for space bar.

Actually, as for the space bar, I kiss. That's excepting when I am really pissed off; then I headbutt the space bar.

Limited
April 20th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Since I have absolutely no life, I can easily type with my eyes closed. Seriously, even though the way I position my hands is totally wrong, I swear my fingers know exactly where each and every key is. The trouble is when I switch from a desktop's keyboard to a notebook's (OMG IM TOTALLY LOST!).

Oh, and Limited, that is freaky. I just noticed that I basically rely only on index and middle finger, too. Plus thumbs for space bar.

Actually, as for the space bar, I kiss. That's excepting when I am really pissed off; then I headbutt the space bar.
:O Your dane cook?!?! :D

Isn't it called touch type? I probably could close my eyes but I look at screen to check I have spelt it right :P

It's great for copying down notes at college as the lectueres seem to blast through the notes not waiting for a sole :P so getting it down fast helps.

Rosco
April 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm trying this with my eyes closed, lol

Cool.

I use my pinky to type in back or go, and use my index and my middle finger mostly.

Typing with my eyes closed it odd, trying to remember if I put spaces, lol

Varmint260
April 20th, 2007, 02:29 PM
:O Your dane cook?!?! :D

Isn't it called touch type? I probably could close my eyes but I look at screen to check I have spelt it right :P

It might be called "touch type". It doesn't matter, it's LOADS better than my favourite: the "hunt and peck". I swear, I hear people like that "typing" and I wanna smack 'em!

"Okay, I need the E... E... where's E... there it is" BAM and the whole computer shakes.

Anyways, yeah that typing game does get counter-productive. I think I'll stick to Mavis Beacon for Win95 LOL!

Yeah, Dane Cook is cool!

rossmum
April 20th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Same deal here. Even on other PC keyboards, I slow down a lot and make loads more mistakes. Really annoying, but thankfully I use my PC the most. In fact, my PC is pretty much the only one I use (and have used, for the last 6 years), so it's easy.

I don't slam the keys usually, but a lot of them are prone to clattering :|