View Full Version : LOOKIT DIS GUN

Warsaw
November 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4242/rifle1r.jpg
The buttstock and bolt. WHAT IS IT?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9664/rifle2.jpg
A 7.62 BOX? H4x mb?

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/6351/rifle4.jpg
If you haven't figured it out by now...it's a Lee Enfield.

With the bayonet too.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9996/bayonet.jpg

Picked it up for $330 at the Nation's Gun Show here at Dulles Expo Centre. It's a 1967 Ishapore 2A rifle with all matching serial numbers and a nice, near-new shiny bore. They had a few .303 No. 1 Mk. III*, but all were in either worse condition or way outside of the price range ($7,500 :aaaaa:).

Got a free box of 20 rounds to boot. :realsmug:

E: Fixed images.

thehoodedsmack
November 23rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Can anyone else see the images? It isn't showing for me.

That sure is a gun.

FRain
November 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah, he got his domain incorrect.

His domain is currently

www.modacity.net/forums/imageshack.us/ajksdfklsdk;fj

It should be

imageshack.us/adjkasfdjkl;ajlkfjsdklgj

Donut
November 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
oh hey that looks similar to something i have in my basement hanging above the TV. let me get a picture

3rd from the top. is that the same thing?
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/TheKillerDonut/P1000501.jpg

Sel
November 23rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
the stuffed animals are a nice touch

Warsaw
November 23rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Nope. That third gun down is not even a Lee-Metford. The gun on the bottom directly above the TV, however, is a Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine. How's it shoot?

Heathen
November 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=70&pictureid=1411

lookit dis gun.

taken from my iphone yo.

Stepdads'

Con
November 23rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
they all look the same

Warsaw
November 23rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
n u

:saddowns:

@Heathen: caliber? It looks like it's .50...or is it something bigger?

Heathen
November 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
.50 BMG
E: but its not my thread and now I feel like a punk.

thats a pretty legit ole' gun warsaw.

Donut
November 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Nope. That third gun down is not even a Lee-Metford. The gun on the bottom directly above the TV, however, is a Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine. How's it shoot?
i dont know how it shoots. iv never fired it, but there is a belt of ammunition for it with mold or moss or something on it. im assuming its pretty old
ill take it to the range next time i go and see how it shoots

Bodzilla
November 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
they all look the same

basically

Dwood
November 23rd, 2009, 07:42 PM
i dont know how it shoots. iv never fired it, but there is a belt of ammunition for it with mold or moss or something on it. im assuming its pretty old
ill take it to the range next time i go and see how it shoots

It just might be in your best interests to clean 'em first if it's been that long.

Cortexian
November 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
@ Warsaw: Nice, we used some carbine Enfields in Cadets for rifle drill, but they were deactivated (fake bolts, no pins or even a hole for the pin, etc)...

@ Heathen: Bad thread jack with pointless gun! You don't own that stupid thing do you? Can't actually use that for anything except shooting targets, so it's a p big waste of money imo.

Hell, the 30-378 Weatherby that my friends dad just got as a gift blows animals apart, .50 BMG is so useless for civilians!

Heathen
November 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
@ Warsaw: Nice, we used some carbine Enfields in Cadets for rifle drill, but they were deactivated (fake bolts, no pins or even a hole for the pin, etc)...

@ Heathen: Bad thread jack with pointless gun! You don't own that stupid thing do you? Can't actually use that for anything except shooting targets, so it's a p big waste of money imo.

Hell, the 30-378 Weatherby that my friends dad just got as a gift blows animals apart, .50 BMG is so useless for civilians!

we shoot at targets yes, and yeah, we do own it. We own a gunshop and blabla we get cool stuff.

and I apologized about the (barely) thread jacked thread.

Warsaw
November 23rd, 2009, 08:03 PM
@Freelancer: thanks! :D

@Heathen's last post on Page 1: I wanted one in .303, but hey, I'm not complaining for my first gun. The Ishapores are better-made anyways, and .308 is cheap.

Next on the list: Moisin-Nagant M1891/1930. :v:

@Donut: Take that gun to a shop/gunsmith to get it inspected to make sure it is fully functioning (if it ain't safe, it's not functioning) before you run anything through it, and find some new ammo. Old ammo can be used, but if it screws up the results are annoying at best and deadly at worst.

legionaire45
November 23rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I went to a gunshow yesterday and got to hold a couple of fun weapons - when I'm done with college I may pick up a Garand, M14 or a Mosin if I have the money for it.

They had some AR-15's and some Semi-auto/California legal AK variants, not sure exactly what they were though. Someone was selling a Desert Eagle too, pretty amusing.

Kewl Bayonet.

Warsaw
November 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I'd pick up something that's cheap in ammo if I were you, which makes the Mosin come out on top. Also, Mosins are like any other Russian gun; made for abuse.

Amit
November 23rd, 2009, 10:54 PM
If there was a bolt action rifle I wanted to get, it'd be the Kar98k. My buddy from Norway got one pretty cheap (left over Nazi occupation ones). I'd much rather have a M1 Garand or M1 Carbine, but those are hard to come by and they're expensive as shit.

Warsaw
November 23rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Go to any gun show, and you will find that there is no shortage of M1s at all. They and Winchesters are the two most abundant firearms at gun shows. I wanted an SVT-40, but those too were out of my price range.

Cojafoji
November 24th, 2009, 12:19 AM
warsaw, that looks like a terrific firearm. photos are a little blurry, but it looks like you nabbed a good gun. use it in good health.

ugh jesus fucking christ, don't post guns if they're not yours *cough*heathen*cough*

Warsaw
November 24th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks. Takin' it to the NRA range over Christmas Break; gonna nab some more ammo for it between now and then. :cool:

Cell only has a 1.3MP camera and it auto-adjusts the size of the photo to what it thinks is appropriate...:saddowns:. I had pictures of the matching serial numbers, but they got all FUBAR.

TeeKup
November 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Do I spy an M1903 Springfield? Or is that just wishful thinking. ._.

Heathen
November 26th, 2009, 09:58 AM
warsaw, that looks like a terrific firearm. photos are a little blurry, but it looks like you nabbed a good gun. use it in good health.

ugh jesus fucking christ, don't post guns if they're not yours *cough*heathen*cough*

uh. It IS mine. Did I miss something?

legionaire45
November 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
uh. It IS mine. Did I miss something?

It is your step-dad's technically.

:3

PenGuin1362
November 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Who cares? Any gun nut will enjoy a good gun picture/story, yours or not. Also, yes freelancer .50 cals are incredibly expensive, especially when it comes to ammo, but it doesn't mean civilians don't get to share the fun. I honestly like the aesthetic appearance of the Barret and would have a lot of fun pumpin away at targets with a .50. Practical? No. Fun? Yes. It's one of those things, if you have the money to blow $30 for 10 rounds, then yeah, why the hell not.

P.S. Guess what I'm buying this summer warsaw :p <3 russian and your beautiful firearms.

Nice snag though, how's the bore? Things to look for, clean, shine, any pitting or damage to bore.

Cortexian
November 27th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Who cares? Any gun nut will enjoy a good gun picture/story, yours or not. Also, yes freelancer .50 cals are incredibly expensive, especially when it comes to ammo, but it doesn't mean civilians don't get to share the fun. I honestly like the aesthetic appearance of the Barret and would have a lot of fun pumpin away at targets with a .50. Practical? No. Fun? Yes. It's one of those things, if you have the money to blow $30 for 10 rounds, then yeah, why the hell not.
If you're made of money, sure why not. But if you're going to simply buy a firearm for the sake of having a nice firearm, buy something like a Weatherby... A good friend's father recently got a .30-378 Weatherby, $7.00 per round fired.

Heathen
November 27th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It is your step-dad's technically.

:3

naw, I shoot it more than he does. I am just too young to have bought it.

And yeah, its p expensive but we get ammo on the cheap since we own a gunstore.

PenGuin1362
November 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
fuck you get me a discount M1 garand you cock.

And yeah, unless you have the money to piss away into a .50 it's not worth. Just fun to play with the barrets at the gun store and WISH you had the money to piss away on it.

Daishi
November 27th, 2009, 11:07 PM
@ Donut's picture on first page: The rifle three from the top, directly above the really brown one; is that an Arisaka?

Warsaw
November 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM

P.S. Guess what I'm buying this summer warsaw :p <3 russian and your beautiful firearms.

Nice snag though, how's the bore? Things to look for, clean, shine, any pitting or damage to bore.

Mosin-Nagant? SVT-40?

If it's the former, I'm right behind ya. If it's the latter, I r jeluss...:maddowns:.

Bore is nice and shiny, almost new with no pitting at all. There was just a little dirt in it, but that came right out with three passes.

Heathen
November 28th, 2009, 04:12 PM
fuck you get me a discount M1 garand you cock.

And yeah, unless you have the money to piss away into a .50 it's not worth. Just fun to play with the barrets at the gun store and WISH you had the money to piss away on it.

:3 luckily I have a piss easy job, and my stepdad has access.

Its under his name but paid for by my money. When I become of age I will purchase it >:/

PenGuin1362
November 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM
svt-40. i already have 2 nagants (well one with PU scope)

Warsaw
November 29th, 2009, 11:27 PM
svt-40. i already have 2 nagants (well one with PU scope)

Am jealous...very jealous. I have a soft spot for that rifle because it's the one I always use in Red Orchestra; it's just so damn good!

ICEE
November 29th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I am assured to have one of these (http://www.hk94.com/images/albanian-sks-1.jpg) and one of these (http://www.vegastell.com/ak47.jpg) at some point. My grandpa has several of each, and whenever hes done with them he says I can have them.

Nothing like warsaw arms.

PenGuin1362
November 30th, 2009, 12:28 PM
My grandpa has a gold plated automatic browning 12 gauge he said he's going to hand down to me. he hasn't fired it in 20 years though so its going to need some major intensive cleaning and inspection to make sure it doesn't malfunction >_>

Cortexian
December 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
gold plated
:fail:

Donut
December 6th, 2009, 09:18 PM
lol penguin is it shiny?

Warsaw
December 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
:fail:

Some guns actually look good gold-plated. Usually those are the ones from the mid to late 19th century that look good.

PenGuin1362
December 7th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Shake your head all you want, it's a special edition shotgun worth aprox. $12,000...so...cry more about it.