PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

t3h m00kz
October 22nd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I hear that. Campaign doesn't have much replayability, as unfortunate as it is. One 6 hour playthrough on legendary felt like more than enough. With me, now it's just firefight and multiplayer.. Multiplayer's still pretty fun. Doing a little mini tourney with a friend of mine, it's a blast

Kornman00
October 22nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
The only reason I keep playing Campaign every now and then is to work on my commendations...but that's gonna slow soon; almost got most of the ones that matter to at least gold. You should really get more credits for playing Campaign. I don't get why you don't, since you can't modify the gameplay variables like you can in FF Customs. Instead I have to hop into co-op MM if I want to go above the 100cR cap for game complete.

Also, the 1 Set FF matches take FOREVER when it's just you and some other person. Well, regular variants anyway. I've only played Rocket/Sniper Fight with 3+ people. The 1 Set FF variants make people quitting hurt all the more. I don't think the game scales back down either (in difficultly) to account for the now MIA douche bag "spartan"(s) either.

Arteen
October 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Korn, you do realize that you aren't even getting credits for Silver+ commendations, right? Why not wait to grind out those commendations when you actually get credits for it?

But anyway, this campaign is pretty weak and not that fun. It has good, adequate levels (and a few duds as in every Halo game), but nothing great. And as I said before, Heroic can be too punishing/frustrating (both in Campaign and FF), and Normal is too boring to even have a consistently fun difficulty to play at. It's easily the weakest campaign in the series.

(I'd rather play Reach than Halo 2, because Halo 2 feels like crap, but Halo 2 definitely has a well-designed campaign.)

Kornman00
October 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Well that explains a lot. They still give you the commendation kicker when you gain a new level though...when the hell are they going to remove that fucking lame commendation capper? They should have just done it for the commendations which are actually easily farmed with that's what they're getting their goddamn panties in a bunch over.

Rank cap...fine, in the end I still get the rank due to my cRs still counting. But no cRs for silver+ commendations period (except when you hit a new level) is just wrong. Especially if they're not talking about why/when/how/etc about it. Yep, let's release a game then take all our 'oshi-' moments and cap them like a leaky dam! [/iMad].

I haven't seen any talk about the silver+ capping in any BWUs (only rank). I remember Limited briefly mentioning it...but I thought he meant the kickers didn't pay out. So basically they're keeping hush hush, so I get to play ignorant baboon end-user and call the player investment team "pussy asshole farts". Queef them.

jcap
October 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
I like Countdown. It could be my favorite map.

I don't know if anyone's ever played it, but non-moving KOTH on Countdown with hologram loadouts is the funniest shit I've played in Reach. I had a party of 12 people playing, and it was insane.

annihilation
October 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Holograms in general are funny.

Siliconmaster
October 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
BTB Snipers with holograms is extremely entertaining.

Sasc
October 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
I really wish that we would get a medal if someone kills/destroys your hologram. Would be just as satisfying as getting a Rejection medal IMO.

Arteen
October 22nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/5/t/974.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

I stopped earning progress towards Campaign Commendations
You can earn up to the Silver level of Campaign Commendations outside of matchmaking. After that, you will need to play Campaign in matchmaking to make any further progress.And apparently that doesn't even work, according to some guys at HBO.

EDIT: And stop voting for Hemmorage Slayer, you jackasses!

=sw=warlord
October 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/5/t/974.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
And apparently that doesn't even work, according to some guys at HBO.

I can vouch for this, I stopped getting credits kills leading to the next commendation when I was doing my legendary run, since then i barely get even 200 points for a entire level on heroic.
Also there needs to be a reward for returning the core on invasion.

Kornman00
October 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Now THAT is horse shit

And they need to word that better. You can continue to earn past it...just the work done b/w each level gives you nada cR.

Why isn't this on bungie's website? Or hell, a MOTD in the game? Fuck Waypoint. They haven't fully taken over Halo yet.

=sw=warlord
October 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Now THAT is horse shit

And they need to word that better. You can continue to earn past it...just the work done b/w each level gives you nada cR.

Why isn't this on bungie's website? Or hell, a MOTD in the game? Fuck Waypoint. They haven't fully taken over Halo yet.
I've actually posted a topic (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=51358475&viewreplies=true) in hopes of getting at least one staff member to give some clarification.
I find it a little off-putting that they are happy to deal in excess of 1k per game of firefight and yet in campaign they've Basicly screwed the pooch in terms of credits awarded.

Warsaw
October 22nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
What is this 100 cR cap for Campaign? I've been earning in excess of 2000 cR for a finished Legendary level with scoring turned on and yes, I am plugged into Live (just have no Gold sub).

E: Am I the only one finding Reach to be more difficult on Heroic than on Legendary?

=sw=warlord
October 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
What is this 100 cR cap for Campaign? I've been earning in excess of 2000 cR for a finished Legendary level with scoring turned on and yes, I am plugged into Live (just have no Gold sub).

E: Am I the only one finding Reach to be more difficult on Heroic than on Legendary?

In short, once you hit silver for your commendations for certain actions, you no longer gain credits for advancing those commendations.

Limited
October 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Now THAT is horse shit

Korn I did tell you :P YOu didnt believe me (although I did get confused)...If matchmaking SP is also broken then they need to fix that pronto. Also where the blazes is the thermometer?

Arteen
October 22nd, 2010, 05:25 PM
From a certain point of view, I agree. Heroic is far more punishing than the Heroic of previous games, but I find Legendary in Reach to have fewer rough spots than previous games. No Belly of the Beast, no Cairo Station hangar 2, no beam rifle jackals, no Council Chamber, no Crow's Nest motor pool, no Brute pack swarm on the Tsavo hill outpost, no Cortana.

Warsaw
October 22nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
I just finished my Heroic playthrough yesterday and started a Legendary one. I've had less "Oh that's fucking bullshit" moments so far.

ejburke
October 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
From a certain point of view, I agree. Heroic is far more punishing than the Heroic of previous games, but I find Legendary in Reach to have fewer rough spots than previous games. No Belly of the Beast, no Cairo Station hangar 2, no beam rifle jackals, no Council Chamber, no Crow's Nest motor pool, no Brute pack swarm on the Tsavo hill outpost, no Cortana.Most of those scenarios were fun and memorable. I enjoyed retrying them. Reach has less of that and more, 'turn the corner and get wiped out by a fuel rod shot'. Once you know the asshole grunt or Elite is there, you can avoid it, but it's cheap.

ODST's campaign remains my least favorite Halo campaign. That hub world design was a serious impediment to replayability. I just never felt like trudging through it after the first or second times. And the missions were just one-note melodies (the warhog mission, the banshee mission, etc) and "fun-sized" with FF encounters here and there to pad things out.

Arteen
October 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
I enjoyed those too, in an 'overcoming ridiculous odds' sort of way.

And I loved ODST's campaign. The hub was too cramped, repetitive and lacking in enemies, but I had a lot of fun with it in the right mindset. Besides, you can just select any mission from the level select if you don't want to mess around in the hub. I loved all of the missions, as simplistic as some of them were. Not to mention, ODST had a better story and better-developed characters in a rushed expansion pack than Reach had a full-length release developed over three years.

Limited
October 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Bungie have finally put up the thermometer, its pretty crap though.
http://www.bungie.net/default.aspx

Doesnt say current amount, we can only guess from it, also doesnt look dynamic, i.e. Bungie will upload the picture every so often, with the set amount drawn out in pixels.

I call BS on the meter.

From top to very bottom (inc bulb) its 463 pixels high.

So far 114 pixels have been filled.

114 / 463 * 100 = 24.62%, of the meter filled in percentage.

24.62% of 117 million, is 28.80 million.

So according to my dodgy mathematics, we have 88.2 million challenges to complete.

Game has been out for just over a month, so we've completed 28 million challenges in a month, it would over 3 months total to reach that.

I understand the thermometer isn't going to be exactly accurate, yet either we are miles away or it is completely off, either way its not going us much hope.

Futzy
October 22nd, 2010, 07:40 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23994352&postcount=11965

The bulb at the bottom is filled with millions of challenges and whatnot. I'd get good up to date numbers but rocketmoose is on vacation. :(

Limited
October 22nd, 2010, 07:52 PM
Then Bungie are complete idiots, the bulb is always full in thermometers, you only gauge from just above the bulb line because heat causes the liquid to expand, lifting it up in the thin pipe.

Arteen
October 22nd, 2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, the thermometer is useless. Considering ~21M challenges were completed in the first week, I'd assume we're a bit farther than 29M a month after that.

Limited
October 22nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
I bet you, if every player didn't get a single challenge from now on, the cap would still be lifted. Coincidentally when either Black Ops or the Noble DLC map pack is released.

Or the week before, they will turn around and say "Hey, we noticed a miscalculation in the challengeometer, so we'll remove the cap today!".

I'd love to think there is no shady tactics going on with the cap removal, but I really can't believe it.

Futzy
October 22nd, 2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7495458&player=Mr%20Kwatz
lolin

DarkHalo003
October 22nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=256801748&player=DarkHalo003
Not Trollin'. I got an Untouchable and Be The Bullet in this game.

Spartan094
October 22nd, 2010, 09:58 PM
If you can get paired up right with the bad kids on the opposite team then yeah you can get Be the Bullet and Untouchable easier since its up to 100.

DarkHalo003
October 22nd, 2010, 10:43 PM
If you can get paired up right with the bad kids on the opposite team then yeah you can get Be the Bullet and Untouchable easier since its up to 100.
It also helped that it was on Hemorrhage with a respawning sniper while I controlled a Territory Sniper versus a bunch of Elites. They also weren't stupid, but they were easy targets, especially when my team kept them from spawning anywhere but their base and the rocks.

Warsaw
October 22nd, 2010, 11:41 PM
Most of those scenarios were fun and memorable. I enjoyed retrying them. Reach has less of that and more, 'turn the corner and get wiped out by a fuel rod shot'. Once you know the asshole grunt or Elite is there, you can avoid it, but it's cheap.

ODST's campaign remains my least favorite Halo campaign. That hub world design was a serious impediment to replayability. I just never felt like trudging through it after the first or second times. And the missions were just one-note melodies (the warhog mission, the banshee mission, etc) and "fun-sized" with FF encounters here and there to pad things out.

Fun and memorable? What? I thoroughly did NOT enjoy those bullshit Halo 2 Legendary moments. Cairo Station? What a joke. Yes Bungie, I love dying literally 50 times just trying to overcome the first serious encounter in the whole level. Thank you. I also love dying instantly on the first part of Delta Halo when shot in the foot by a beam rifle wielded by a Jackal who I can't shoot because his Elite and Grunt buddies are too busy pounding the snot out of me with their 20 round per second guns. I've never gotten past that second part, by the way. I don't know how you get off enjoying the Halo 2 Legendary, because it had to be the most bullshit campaign I've ever played in any game. Even the bullshit of Reach's Heroic difficulty is more fun than that.

As far as Legendary bullshit goes, Halo 2 is king. The others are about even. Halo 3 had to be the easiest Legendary campaign in relative terms (I don't believe we can really compare Halo 1 to the rest since the AI gap is huge between 1 and 2, but among 2, 3, ODST, and Reach, it's pretty even).

Kornman00
October 22nd, 2010, 11:49 PM
Korn I did tell you :P YOu didnt believe me (although I did get confused)...

I remember Limited briefly mentioning it...but I thought he meant the kickers didn't pay out. So basically they're keeping hush hush, so I get to play ignorant baboon end-user and call the player investment team "pussy asshole farts". Queef them.
^

Also, I'm not seeing the meter on the front page. I see it in the BWU. Not the front page. It's not on the stat's front page either. I want my monies back plz bungie, also give me reconz lololol

ejburke
October 23rd, 2010, 04:42 AM
Fun and memorable? What? I thoroughly did NOT enjoy those bullshit Halo 2 Legendary moments. Cairo Station? What a joke. Yes Bungie, I love dying literally 50 times just trying to overcome the first serious encounter in the whole level. Thank you. I also love dying instantly on the first part of Delta Halo when shot in the foot by a beam rifle wielded by a Jackal who I can't shoot because his Elite and Grunt buddies are too busy pounding the snot out of me with their 20 round per second guns. I've never gotten past that second part, by the way. I don't know how you get off enjoying the Halo 2 Legendary, because it had to be the most bullshit campaign I've ever played in any game. Even the bullshit of Reach's Heroic difficulty is more fun than that.

As far as Legendary bullshit goes, Halo 2 is king. The others are about even. Halo 3 had to be the easiest Legendary campaign in relative terms (I don't believe we can really compare Halo 1 to the rest since the AI gap is huge between 1 and 2, but among 2, 3, ODST, and Reach, it's pretty even).
I did say, "most" of those scenarios were fun. The only thing really bullshit-y about Halo 2 on Legendary was the jackal snipers. The Cairo station hangar was hard, but ultimately satisfying. I'd recommend watching a speedrun of that level to see bad-assery in motion.

I really can't think of any tough, "combat puzzle" spots in ODST. Probably why I was so underwhelmed by that campaign. Most of Reach's difficulty involves a fuel rod gun in some way, shape, or form.

Arteen
October 23rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=256801748&player=DarkHalo003
Not Trollin'. I got an Untouchable and Be The Bullet in this game.
Getting ~30 kills on Hemmorage Slayer as a Spartan isn't hard (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=107017398&player=ArteenEsben). And I did that in a match where our side only got to 81 kills. And two Elites in your match were absolutely terrible. Elites are just huge targets with crappy weapons.

Kornman00
October 23rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
So is anyone else still not seeing the meter on the front page?

I think the base represents challenges up to 100mil. So the bar is then 100 to 117mil

=sw=warlord
October 23rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
So is anyone else still not seeing the meter on the front page?

I think the base represents challenges up to 100mil. So the bar is then 100 to 117mil
I can see the meter perfectly fine, I was reading a thread earlier mentioning that the meter actually isn't animated, it's a still image.
I'm getting the impression this cap was purely to rival other releases next month..
I mean the farming and boosters could easily be dealt with, with or without the cap.

Kornman00
October 23rd, 2010, 10:04 AM
I just opened bungie.net in IE and it shows up. In FF, it doesn't show anything in that area. Probably something to do with my browser cache.

Futzy
October 23rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
I just opened bungie.net in IE and it shows up. In FF, it doesn't show anything in that area. Probably something to do with my browser cache.
I had to turn off Ad Block for bungie.net to see medals and other things on there.

TeeKup
October 23rd, 2010, 11:20 AM
no Cortana.

I just had to emphasize that right there. Who the fuck thought that would be an interesting plot device in Halo 3? It wasn't cool or interesting, it was stupid and obnoxious.

Limited
October 23rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Copy Pasta....

The thermometer has been updated, i dont know when exactly the new picture came up so im going to say it was 8 am PST

As of 6pm 10/22/2010, we were at 45.85% completion.

In the 14 hours since the update (approximated time differene, unless somebody can give me the exact time) we have completed another 3.53% putting us at a total percent completion of 49.38% as of 8am 10/23/2010.

So if in 14 hours we progress 3.53%, then to finish the bar (at current rate, not neccessarily THE rate of progress) will take 8.37 more days.

Kornman00
October 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
I had to turn off Ad Block for bungie.net to see medals and other things on there.
Hmm, I wonder how AdBlock is registering b.net images as ads when other images are appearing fine? Oh well.

I wish they would just release an AU with fixes for the credit farming so I can go back to earning cR in campaign for all my silver+ commendations :| (I know, yadda yadda, update certifications, yadda yadda). Blame Stosh? Nah. Blame Luke Smith. That or just apply the stop-loss to individual commendations which get farmed instead if they can.

e: You also have to factor in the Weekend Element, Limited :P. I'd have to assume it updates at the same time as the new commendations come out which is 3am PST.

ee:
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/Hx3sK58.jpg - BWU
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/I62j5t8.jpg - As of 1015am 10/23
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/03c6pFB.jpg - As of 1133am 10/24

eee:
Looking at the image properties, it says the BWU image was modified Oct 21 (Thursday) at 337.10PM, while the latter was modified 337.28PM.

Limited
October 23rd, 2010, 05:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M9U5H.jpg
:D

DarkHalo003
October 23rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Getting ~30 kills on Hemmorage Slayer as a Spartan isn't hard (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=107017398&player=ArteenEsben). And I did that in a match where our side only got to 81 kills. And two Elites in your match were absolutely terrible. Elites are just huge targets with crappy weapons.
It wasn't so much the kills as it was the medals.

sevlag
October 23rd, 2010, 09:41 PM
got like mike as an elite...funny thing is we only lost to tank campers, on foot we were beating them (could be do to the fact that none of them could PACE their pistol shots)

NotZac
October 23rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
I almost didn't get Like Mike just a couple hours ago if it weren't for the surprise Banshee that lolboosted into the refinery on Boneyard. Boarded, killed 'em, bombed a few Elites, and achieved it within the last 10 seconds.

All I do is win. (Though, my Game History begs to differ ...)

DarkHalo003
October 23rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
I think I got mine when I got my Unstoppable.

That or I think it might have been on Boneyard.

Futzy
October 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
I've been playing like shit all week so i cheated and got it in multi team oddball on zealot. But then after that game I started playing normally again and was able to own everyone in btb. Fucking challenge jinxed me

Spartan094
October 24th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I almost got Like Mike (which I got it eventually) on Invasion Boneyard when I was defending the core and a banshee got close so I accidentally killed one of my team mates with the scorpion tank (he mad I took it anyways) and I was 29/30 and I was about to shoot the guy in-front of me and it said I got kicked, I raged. But I got it a few games later.

Kornman00
October 24th, 2010, 04:07 AM
If you think about the challenge too much then you're more than likely going to screw up. Just play as normal (like the challenge doesn't even exist!) and you should get it naturally (assuming you have some skill of course)

Arteen
October 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I haven't even bothered going for it.

DarkHalo003
October 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM
If you think about the challenge too much then you're more than likely going to screw up. Just play as normal (like the challenge doesn't even exist!) and you should get it naturally (assuming you have some skill of course)
This x10000000 credits. I normally get around 30 kills in Invasion anyways, but trying to get this challenge purposely messed me up until Friday, when I stopped playing for the challenge and played for fun.

=sw=warlord
October 24th, 2010, 12:48 PM
challengometer has just gone up.

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 02:38 PM
hoppy shit kornman how do you have 7 onyx commendations
what rank are you now
i think u need to go ly dow

Limited
October 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM
challengometer has just gone up.
It went up hours ago...unless you mean its gone up AGAIN today, which I doubt.

what rank are you now
He pulled a Jcap and barely plays any MP...well Korn plays a bit of MP.

Fuck me Jcap has 9 onyxs, but hes MILES away from gold 'Jack of all Trades', which I got ages ago...

jcap
October 24th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Haven't played in 2 weeks, cba to play this ~~bad game~~

How is the challenge meter magically jumping by about 5 million challenges per day? Either their scale is horrendously off or they are truly counting down to the Black Ops release date.

Kornman00
October 24th, 2010, 03:54 PM
what rank are you now
Somewhere in COL-G2. Since Reach is the only video game I play right now, I can work on my commendations which really help you rank up. Well expect when it comes to Campaign. Since whatever assholes at MS and/or Bungie decided to stop making commendations in Silver+ give you cR (you still get cR when reaching a new level). The same shit happens in matchmaking co-op too, gives you jack shit. Fuck you too.

He pulled a Jcap and barely plays any MP...well Korn plays a bit of MP.

Fuck me Jcap has 9 onyxs, but hes MILES away from gold 'Jack of all Trades', which I got ages ago...
Campaign - 392
Firefight - 412
Multiplayer - 47 + 285 + 99 + 19 = 450

I've played more MP than anything else TYVM. Close to earning a few more onyx commendations too.

Haven't played in 2 weeks, cba to play this ~~bad game~~

How is the challenge meter magically jumping by about 5 million challenges per day? Either their scale is horrendously off or they are truly counting down to the Black Ops release date.
Yet you have over 4 pages of game history for the past two weeks. Maybe you're the one who's off?

Like they said, the bulb includes millions already. I suspect the base represents 100mil, so the actual bar is 17mil.

=sw=warlord
October 24th, 2010, 04:21 PM
It went up hours ago...unless you mean its gone up AGAIN today, which I doubt.

You (http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/Hx3sK58.jpg) Tell (http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/I62j5t8.jpg) Me. (http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/03c6pFB.jpg)

Limited
October 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Campaign - 392
Firefight - 412

I've played more MP than anything else TYVM. Close to earning a few more onyx commendations too.
Uh, nope. I have 484 Multiplayer games. 196 firefight, 213 campaign.

Just played a game of Swat, everyone on my team had 0, and quit. So it was me vs 4 on countdown, I got to 8 kills, teabagged the last fucker and quit.

Unbelieably shit game
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=264890707&player=Limited55

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Uh, nope. I have 484 Multiplayer games. 196 firefight, 213 campaign.

Just played a game of Swat, everyone on my team had 0, and quit. So it was me vs 4 on countdown, I got to 8 kills, teabagged the last fucker and quit.

Unbelieably shit game
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=264890707&player=Limited55
I played a game where it was me and some other guy vs 4 on swat countdown the other day. We got a steaktacular.

DarkHalo003
October 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Somewhere in COL-G2. Since Reach is the only video game I play right now, I can work on my commendations which really help you rank up. Well expect when it comes to Campaign. Since whatever assholes at MS and/or Bungie decided to stop making commendations in Silver+ give you cR (you still get cR when reaching a new level). The same shit happens in matchmaking co-op too, gives you jack shit. Fuck you too.

Campaign - 392
Firefight - 412

That's the reason why I'm playing less for my commendations than I have before; until the level cap lifts, commendations don't mean jack once you're maxed. I want to prolong my gaming experience too, so getting a lot of the commendations for Firefight and MP won't occur for me until after the rank cap lift. I also love seeing that little bar shoot across my screen after a game.

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
That's the reason why I'm playing less for my commendations than I have before; until the level cap lifts, commendations don't mean jack once you're maxed. I want to prolong my gaming experience too, so getting a lot of the commendations for Firefight and MP won't occur for me until after the rank cap lift. I also love seeing that little bar shoot across my screen after a game.
The only thing the cap does is stop the picture by your name from changing and prevents you from buying the armor of the rank that you are really at. There really isn't a cap. You still earn credits. As soon as its lifted, you'll be the rank that you would have been if there was no cap.

DarkHalo003
October 24th, 2010, 05:14 PM
The only thing the cap does is stop the picture by your name from changing and prevents you from buying the armor of the rank that you are really at. There really isn't a cap. You still earn credits. As soon as its lifted, you'll be the rank that you would have been if there was no cap.
Ohhh thanks for the clarification. I thought someone said Silver Commendations + don't give you credits when you reached the cap.

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Ohhh thanks for the clarification. I thought someone said Silver Commendations + don't give you credits when you reached the cap.
You earn like a quarter of the what those commendations would others wise give you for kills etc. And thats only in campaign.

Kornman00
October 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
In campaign, once you hit silver+ in a commendation (not sure if this only applies to MAX RANK players or not), it stops giving you ANY cR for earning a new "point" in that commedation. Unless you get to the next level (say, onyx) in which case you earn the level-up cR kicker.

So, to give an example, say my Walking Tank is at the Gold level. I earn jack diddly shit for my double, triple, etc kills, unless the "point" I just earned made me level up to Onyx, then I'd get like 4K cR (give or take 1K) as a kicker for leveling up.

However, my Cannon Fodder may be Bronze, so I'll still earn cR for killing grunts (on top of leveling up). So if I kill 2 grunts and earn a double-kill, I'd only get 2+2 cR since, like I said, my Walking Tank is already at Gold and thus not ponying out any fucking cR.

=sw=warlord
October 24th, 2010, 06:06 PM
However, my Cannon Fodder may be Bronze, so I'll still earn cR for killing grunts (on top of leveling up). So if I kill 2 grunts and earn a double-kill, I'd only get 2+2 cR since, like I said, my Walking Tank is already at Gold and thus not ponying out any fucking cR.
A bit like my commendations for campaign. (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=hpc%20cobby87#campaign)
Once you hit silver for majority of the commendations you barely get any credit at all.
This raises a question actually.
Doe's anyone know if this limit is purely campaign or doe's it effect the other game types as well?
I'm at bronze for most of the multiplayer stuff so I can't tell but if the same thing is true for both campaign and match making, I'm wondering how exactly we are expected to get upto some of the higher ranks if there is no credits left once maxing everything else out?

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Whichever the case, game completion credits in matchmaking scale to your rank to accomodate the lack of credits you get when you advnace your commendations. When Reach first came out I got most of my credits from commendations, and averaged around 1000 cR per game. Now at max rank I still average at 1000 cR, but 800 or so of that is from game completion.

Arteen
October 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
This raises a question actually.
Doe's anyone know if this limit is purely campaign or doe's it effect the other game types as well?
It's only an issue with campaign. You're supposed to be able to get the credits in the Campaign matchmaking playlist (according the latest version of the Reach Support FAQ), but supposedly that's broken too.

Kornman00
October 24th, 2010, 07:48 PM
You're supposed to be able to get the credits in the Campaign matchmaking playlist (according the latest version of the Reach Support FAQ), but supposedly that's broken too.
As of earlier this morning, it is still broken.

However, Co-op Matchmaking allows a higher Game Completion vs a "Custom" Campaign game (which are capped at the generic "Custom" completion cap: 100 cR).

I'm not sure what annoys me more: skrimishers magically headshotting me with a needle rifle or the absolute bullshit that MS/Bungie has been surrounding the cR system with.

I've earned the same cR per commendation "point" in matchmaking games for every level I've been, so the Game Completion isn't scaling to that, if at all.

Pooky
October 24th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Most of those scenarios were fun and memorable. I enjoyed retrying them. Reach has less of that and more, 'turn the corner and get wiped out by a fuel rod shot'. Once you know the asshole grunt or Elite is there, you can avoid it, but it's cheap.

See, this is what H2 Legendary detractors don't understand. Halo 2's Legendary was punishingly difficult, so much so that overcoming any given encounter felt like a serious accomplishment.

Fun and memorable? What? I thoroughly did NOT enjoy those bullshit Halo 2 Legendary moments. Cairo Station? What a joke. Yes Bungie, I love dying literally 50 times just trying to overcome the first serious encounter in the whole level. Thank you. I also love dying instantly on the first part of Delta Halo when shot in the foot by a beam rifle wielded by a Jackal who I can't shoot because his Elite and Grunt buddies are too busy pounding the snot out of me with their 20 round per second guns. I've never gotten past that second part, by the way. I don't know how you get off enjoying the Halo 2 Legendary, because it had to be the most bullshit campaign I've ever played in any game.

I hate to say this Warsaw, but you seem to be suffering from a serious lack of skill. If I want fair, I'll play Normal or Heroic. When I go into Legendary I expect a serious challenge.

Unfortunately, Reach really failed to deliver in the challenge area. Legendary is really just 'slightly more Heroic'.

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 08:26 PM
That's what skulls are for.

Pooky
October 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM
That's what skulls are for.

D'uh, I know, just give the enemies double health and super nade spam! That'll make the game more interesting and challenging!

Or it'll keep it as mindless and stupid as it is, plus more cheese.

Yeah, no.

Futzy
October 24th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Then play against real people if you want an actual challenge.

Pooky
October 24th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about Campaign.

annihilation
October 24th, 2010, 09:09 PM

That would involve getting paired up with decent players.

Kornman00
October 24th, 2010, 09:10 PM
:ugh:, how about you guys just agree to disagree?

Arteen
October 24th, 2010, 10:49 PM
See, this is what H2 Legendary detractors don't understand. Halo 2's Legendary was punishingly difficult, so much so that overcoming any given encounter felt like a serious accomplishment.Even so, I'd still call some of that poor game design. I'd rather they just get more creative with the skulls to cater to players who want hyper-punishing gameplay. e.g:
High Velocity - All enemy projectiles move at 1.5x speed.
Absolute - Player is vulnerable to headshots and enemy melees do massive damage.
Nuclear - Enemy explosives cause lethal damage.
Moving Target - Enemies have eagle-eyed vision and sharp hearing.

p0lar_bear
October 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Even so, I'd still call some of that poor game design. I'd rather they just get more creative with the skulls to cater to players who want hyper-punishing gameplay. e.g:
High Velocity - All enemy projectiles move at 1.5x speed.
Absolute - Player is vulnerable to headshots and enemy melees do massive damage.
Nuclear - Enemy explosives cause lethal damage.
Moving Target - Enemies have eagle-eyed vision and sharp hearing.

So basically Reach on Heroic?

Arteen
October 24th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Yep. I'd love it if those were skulls I could just turn on/off. Heck, the premise of most of the skulls is in the satisfaction overcoming poor gameplay design.

ejburke
October 25th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Yeah, I never understood why we got the skulls we got. They seem so arbitrary. Especially the non-score multiplier skulls. It seems like they could have come up with dozens of those, yet we got 4 and have had the same 4 for 3 games now. Same with the armor effects. It seems like the possibilities for those would be limitless, yet they are extremely limited.

TeeKup
October 25th, 2010, 02:23 AM

Sorry but the double melee tard to actual good people ratio is a bit off balanced right now.

Give a few months and Reach will probably settle down with the aforementioned people.

Kornman00
October 25th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Map Pack Trailer (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29416).

Biggest booster I've seen yet (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=xXSAVIORS0ULXx) (80% commendations complete...21 onyx). Him and some clan butt buddy of his (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=262773768&player=xXSAVIORS0ULXx).

NotZac
October 25th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Kill 1000 enemies in multiplayer? Shit.

Hotrod
October 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Damn it, I won't be able to do the weekly challenge since I'm away for the week :( Seems pretty easy though...

Limited
October 25th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Damn that trailer was sick, loved the music. I feel in Tempest, if you don't have a vehicle your going to get mauled.

1000 in a week? Might be able to get it. Biggest MP booster I've seen is T U R K (http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/commendations.aspx?player=T%20U%20R%20K), 2190 kD ratio. He's played so much, that his butt buddy, that has 0 kills, is warrant officer (http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=BTB%20DRO).

Arteen
October 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I don't see how Bungie doesn't have a way to monitor/punish that sort of behaviour. I know you could get a week-long exp ban in Halo 3 for boosting like that.

Limited
October 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
It's still a rule, and I have no idea why they aren't banning people. They do say "if you actually play the game we aren't worried, we are more concerned with people with automated systems".

The FF and Campaign like boosting, they said is legit and they arent too worried (they did the silver cap to stop campaign boosting). I personally feel the MP commendations are the important ones, and the ones that have integrity. People party boosting them is destroying the integrity that that MP commendations has.

Kornman00
October 25th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Well, they haven't exactly updated the ban rules for Reach's cR/commendation system (AFAIK, that one "group" bullet point has been there since Halo 3's EXP). Really, they could just limit the party sizes to be a team's worth if they were that worried about people cR/commendation boosting.

Of course, as a end-user, they didn't Hit 'A' to any sort of agreement saying they wouldn't do this kind of boosting, nor has there been any MOTD texts (that I've seen)...so there's nothing they can do if they're not using an automated system (they're playing within the constraints of the game), unless they want to chance someone raising a law suit.

p0lar_bear
October 25th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Fuck boosting and fuck the boosters. I say, let 'em do their thing unhindered so they'll get bored with their unearned, meaningless rank faster and go back to boosting MW2.

Pooky
October 25th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Even so, I'd still call some of that poor game design.

Some of it was, no doubt. Still, some of those situations were so fucked up that I was forced to use unconventional tactics, which can be very enjoyable as well. The best example I can think of off the top of my head was the final Flood vs. honor guard Brutes on High Charity. That encounter was so retardedly impossible that I actually had to get through it by camping in the little tunnels where the Flood spawn. If the situation hadn't been designed badly, I would never even know about that strategy. To clear Halo 2 on Legendary, I actually had to learn and understand the game on an uncommon level.

Sorry but the double melee tard to actual good people ratio is a bit off balanced right now.

Give a few months and Reach will probably settle down with the aforementioned people.

Yeah, I had 800 MS saved up, but I used it on an arcade game instead. I might get the maps at some point in the future, when the first auto update comes out and the multiplayer is hopefully less terrible.

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/8817/accidentally.png

ejburke
October 25th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Hit the rank cap today, probably as good a time as any to take a break from the game. My eyesight is just too bad to ever be decent at the multiplayer and I still hate matchmaking. Time to get back to my projects.

Kornman00
October 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
My eyesight is just too bad to ever be decent at the multiplayer and I still hate matchmaking.
Not to mention the assholes who keep dropping at the start of and during the match >:|

It would be awesome if there wasn't so much fucking bullshit surrounding all the caps (rank and commendations) they (MS and/or Bungie) have in place. But then we have to deal with games where people drop from games, leaving you teamless. I don't understand why such an issue hasn't been addressed since 2004? How the hell are you expected to ward off big purple dinosaurs from coming into your shipyard and stealing your data corez when there's only 4 or less of you and 6 of them rolling around tossing sticky spiders at your face?

Be damned if you quit, because that then goes against you. Be damned if you continue to play because the numbers are against you. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Goddammit.

Maybe some kind of team forfeit, where you and whatever members who are even still around vote to end the match due to such a low team member ratio? This could of course be abused like so many other game elements are with each release but it's a place to start thinking "how can we fix this?". Quit bans may work on the individual level, but there's no 'I' in team. Quit bans are a reactive system. Games like Reach need a proactive system.

Or, fuck me, here's an idea: add game servers! [/UMAD gamer]

DarkHalo003
October 25th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Or instead of wee little 30 minute bans Bungie should authorize full 24 hour bans (after like the 10th quit of course). However, keep in mind that people lag out too. I range from terrible to excellent connectivity (Firefight's smoothness still puzzles me) so I never know when I'll just randomly disconnect from XBL. My Bandwidth is what's shitty, so there's little I as a 17 year old can do in this situation (I'm not uploading Youtube and the only people at home besides me are parents).

But that isn't to say I approve of quitting. I hate it more than DMR starts and double meleeing in non-Invasion games combined. It happens a LOT too. Usually I'll only have 4/9 games that have no quitting involved. It really kind of pisses me off.

Delta4907
October 25th, 2010, 03:48 PM
This is one of the weirdest glitches I've seen: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7653904&player=LiveWire003

DarkHalo003
October 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Talk about a CROTCH ROCKET.
:caruso:

Futzy
October 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I don't see how Bungie doesn't have a way to monitor/punish that sort of behaviour. I know you could get a week-long exp ban in Halo 3 for boosting like that.
I just posted it on gaf for urk to see.
I doubt its a bannable offense but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get his rank reset.

Spartan094
October 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Psh boosters, let them go to Black Ops when it comes out. Reach will probably become better by then.

MXC
October 25th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Psh boosters, let them go to Black Ops when it comes out. Reach will probably become better by then.

Bah, Reach is already better.

TeeKup
October 26th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Stuff

I'll slip you some MS points. Also agree with that picture.

Limited
October 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
pTIHPhtnNmc
Couple of cool assassinations I did, no idea how my teammate died (in second clip), it says the guy he assassinated, pummeled him.

Warsaw
October 26th, 2010, 06:49 PM
See, this is what H2 Legendary detractors don't understand. Halo 2's Legendary was punishingly difficult, so much so that overcoming any given encounter felt like a serious accomplishment.

I hate to say this Warsaw, but you seem to be suffering from a serious lack of skill. If I want fair, I'll play Normal or Heroic. When I go into Legendary I expect a serious challenge.

Unfortunately, Reach really failed to deliver in the challenge area. Legendary is really just 'slightly more Heroic'.

May be. I'm seriously fine on any of the other Halo games on any difficulty, it's just Halo 2's Legendary that gives me trouble. Perhaps it's because I don't really play multiplayer because I don't have a Gold account, and thus don't get in as much practise as I should. I'm not the world's finest Halo player to any degree, but I do usually finish multiplayer games (when I do get to play them) within the top five players normally, and within the top three more often than most. Is there some trick to Halo 2's Legendary that I'm missing?

DarkHalo003
October 26th, 2010, 09:05 PM
H2 Legendary is all about Trial and Error. You have to know your enemies and their locations every time you play it. Go to HBO (Halo.Bungie.Org) and look at the Legendary Guide; you'll see just how important knowing spawn points for enemies is.

Warsaw
October 26th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I actually own the paperback Prima guide for Halo 2, and it does help. However, if I have to memorize spawn locations, timings, and in general just get lucky to beat it, it's broken. I should be able to observe a situation, calculate a plan, and execute it within a reasonable number of tries.

Pooky
October 27th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I actually own the paperback Prima guide for Halo 2, and it does help. However, if I have to memorize spawn locations, timings, and in general just get lucky to beat it, it's broken. I should be able to observe a situation, calculate a plan, and execute it within a reasonable number of tries.

It's not all about that. There's a rhythm you have to get into, a sort of groove where you become unstoppable. Every Halo game has had it, including Halo 2. You get to the point where you're annihilating everything in your path like the Terminator. It really comes more from understanding the AI and their patterns than memorizing spawn locations.

Unless you're fighting jackal snipers. Then it's just about memorization and avoidance <_<

Sever
October 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Unless you're fighting jackal snipers. Then it's just about memorization and avoidance <_<Even then, there can be a bit of flow to it. The only way I was able to beat the infinite Jackal Snipers and Ghosts in Metropolis was to simply jack the Gauss Hog from Stacker, drive off before he got in the gun, and barrel my way past everything and anything iridescent-purple between me and the streets. That, however was more of luck than anything else.

DarkHalo003
October 27th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Does anyone else here find the Sudden Death in Invasion completely cheap? 30 seconds to 5 seconds after losing the objective from someone dying halfway across the map is a freaking huge gap. It's been the one major hiccup I've been complaining about ever since the beginning of the game.

Warsaw
October 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
It's not all about that. There's a rhythm you have to get into, a sort of groove where you become unstoppable. Every Halo game has had it, including Halo 2. You get to the point where you're annihilating everything in your path like the Terminator. It really comes more from understanding the AI and their patterns than memorizing spawn locations.

Unless you're fighting jackal snipers. Then it's just about memorization and avoidance <_<

It's only the ones on the drop pod section that get me. Only those. Also, what about the elites and their plasma rifles that seem to fire at 1000 rounds per minute? How are you supposed to get into a rhythm when there are 4 of them, and more are on the way (Cairo, looking at you)?

p0lar_bear
October 27th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Why oh why did I even attempt playing this again...?

I'm trading this shitty game in for something else. Fuck this game, fuck the douchebags that play it, and fuck Bungie for catering to them.

I'm sick to death of the Slayer Pro and Halo 2 map-obsessed people shitting up matchmaking. I could never stand Halo 2's maps and they're no less insufferable in Reach.

DarkHalo003
October 27th, 2010, 09:08 PM

I'm trading this shitty game in for something else. Fuck this game, fuck the douchebags that play it, and fuck Bungie for catering to them.

I'm sick to death of the Slayer Pro and Halo 2 map-obsessed people shitting up matchmaking. I could never stand Halo 2's maps and they're no less insufferable in Reach.
Wow ultimate ragequit. Wait it out about a few months; there really isn't anything better out there anyways. Black Ops is MW2 basically (as it seems) and Halo 3 is probably a ghost town right now. That's popular FPS of course. There are still plenty of other games I guess. Have you also tried playing Infection and other playlists too?

sevlag
October 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM

dude BTB or invasion, stay out of TS if you don't want a heart attack, that is what I learned...

and only go in invasion if you have someone else to tag along with (im always up for inv), and BTB just comes down to hoping your team doesn't have downs

also, I still find the arena strangely less infuriating than actual Team slayer...odd

Warsaw
October 27th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Probably because Team Slayer is where the "high level" players go to shit up everyone else's game, just like how in MW2 the Level 70s fuck with the level 13s.

I liked Arena in the brief time I played it, even in the Beta. It was somehow more relaxing.

jcap
October 28th, 2010, 12:12 AM
I liked Halo 2's maps, but keep them in Halo 2 please.

I'm fucking sick of playing slayer on either Sanctuary or Ivory Tower.

TeeKup
October 28th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I don't have a problem with Reflection on just good old fashion FFA slayer, anything else is garbage. Asylum/Sanctuary is just BAD all around.

Arteen
October 28th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I actually like Reflection, Asylum and Pinnacle. Fun maps.

Kornman00
October 28th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I actually like Reflection, Asylum and Pinnacle. Fun maps.
I agree with you except for Pinnacle. I can only see true enjoyment with Pinnacle when it's not bonded with: Team Snipers, Elite Slayer or Slayer Pro. Zombies can be fun on it and so can regular slayer (AR starts). However, with Elite Slayer (and this goes with any map it gets matched up with) it comes down to everyone selecting AL + needler and grenade spamming. I have nothing truly against this setup...but it really makes for some stale gameplay when EVERYONE uses it.

Honestly, a good map is a map which encourages players to actually pick various AA. IE, something multi-leveled to where some people will want to go jetpacking around. Or something with a couple open areas so they'll make use of evade or sprint to get around. But not a small ass map which allows you to get by with just tracking projectiles, blue jumping spiders and turning into an immovable object for a couple of seconds.

Also, polar bear, how about tying a different playlist than just arena\slayer? It's not the game's fault that you're not playing BTB, rumble pit, swat, multiteam, etc.

p0lar_bear
October 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I only really enjoy this game when with friends. Problem is, every time I get on to play, nobody's around. I've never had fun with objective gametypes alone, since the system usually pairs up random pubbies against coordinated parties. Infection was horrible in rumble pit, so I don't see how it could be better in its own playlist. SWAT by now actually sounds like a good idea on paper, but I'd imagine it to attract worse people than what's in TS or Arena, what with it being a game about HEADSHOTS with the DMR. I've been in and out of rumble pit and it's even worse than team slayer; no matter what you do, you start firing on one person and suddenly you're the only target on the map. Big Team Clusterfuck? No thanks, especially considering last I knew, everyone seems to have a boner for Paradiso for some reas- oh, right, you can control the entire map by grabbing the sniper and someone else with a DMR and standing on top of the center mountain. So pro.

Firefight is okay, but Score Attack gets old pretty quick, and obviously I don't have a lot of faith in the people in matchmaking. A batch of decent players seems to be the exception to the rule.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh and hasty, I had a shitty day and getting put into bad games with terrible people didn't help in the slightest.

TeeKup
October 28th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Paradiso and The Island are lost causes. For the longest time I sat in forge TRYING to figure out what to do with that island, and I just can't. No matter how I look at it, it's Paradiso. I don't know what to do with it, it's too rigid for my tastes.....and I hate it.

I normally grab the scorpion anyway, so while I'm camping with it, some fuck wit will snipe my secondary gunner out...only to receive my tank shell in his face. This will happen until the idiot rage quits. I believe I already posted that but yeah.

Arteen
October 28th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I only really enjoy this game when with friends.
I agree with that. I mostly played Halo 3 matchmaking solo and enjoyed it for years, but Reach just isn't much fun alone.

sevlag
October 28th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I only really enjoy this game when with friends. Problem is, every time I get on to play, nobody's around. I've never had fun with objective gametypes alone, since the system usually pairs up random pubbies against coordinated parties. Infection was horrible in rumble pit, so I don't see how it could be better in its own playlist. SWAT by now actually sounds like a good idea on paper, but I'd imagine it to attract worse people than what's in TS or Arena, what with it being a game about HEADSHOTS with the DMR. I've been in and out of rumble pit and it's even worse than team slayer; no matter what you do, you start firing on one person and suddenly you're the only target on the map. Big Team Clusterfuck? No thanks, especially considering last I knew, everyone seems to have a boner for Paradiso for some reas- oh, right, you can control the entire map by grabbing the sniper and someone else with a DMR and standing on top of the center mountain. So pro.

Firefight is okay, but Score Attack gets old pretty quick, and obviously I don't have a lot of faith in the people in matchmaking. A batch of decent players seems to be the exception to the rule.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh and hasty, I had a shitty day and getting put into bad games with terrible people didn't help in the slightest.polar, add me i have no life as it is so im more than happy to play if i'm not playing the PSU demo with annihilation due to his DVD drive being dead

and like i said its less infuriating (for me atleast) to go into arena. Camo works WONDERS on small maps.

@ teek

I used the island as a starting point in invasion, it works well if you make two walls look liked doors (to block off the forerunner hallway)

it IS a bit too rigid, but im slowly working with it and it seems to be A-okay

Limited
October 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM
How are you guys doing with the weekly challenge? I'm on 615, got like 400 yesterday.

Found a site that has a ton of stats tracked for Reach...http://www.halocharts.com/reach.php?player=Limited55

sevlag
October 28th, 2010, 03:33 PM
How are you guys doing with the weekly challenge? I'm on 615, got like 400 yesterday.

Found a site that has a ton of stats tracked for Reach...http://www.halocharts.com/reach.php?player=Limited55
im alittle :I with reach's weekly challenge...around like 300-435

inv salyer or just invasion works best it seems

jcap
October 28th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I agree with that. I mostly played Halo 3 matchmaking solo and enjoyed it for years, but Reach just isn't much fun alone.
I am really mixed on this...

I really enjoy this game alone because it isn't all about winning, and you can actually take this game less serious than Halo 3. It seems a lot less competitive to me.

However, what ruins the experience is not having a party to be the swing vote.

sevlag
October 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I am really mixed on this...

I really enjoy this game alone because it isn't all about winning, and you can actually take this game less serious than Halo 3. It seems a lot less competitive to me.

However, what ruins the experience is not having a party to be the swing vote.
what i hate is people wanting to play BTB on countdown, its just grenades everywhere, which means everyone has AL which means i cant really assassinate people while cloaked

Spartan094
October 28th, 2010, 06:48 PM
However, what ruins the experience is not having people in the lobby vote and just sit there and do nothing.
ftfy

That irates me everytime it happens and then the shitty map gets voted.

fake edit: 666 post :ohdear:

DarkHalo003
October 28th, 2010, 07:52 PM
what i hate is people wanting to play BTB on countdown, its just grenades everywhere, which means everyone has AL which means i cant really assassinate people while cloaked
This times a hundred. The usual reason why I vote for Countdown is to go Invis and assassinate like crazy. Unfortunately, BTB has a lot of grenade spam and players to make that truly difficult on that map.

Warsaw
October 28th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I just roll with Sprint 90% of the time and it's all peachy.

Hotrod
October 28th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I really miss the Classic gametypes, it's good to have variety between more Reach type games with armor abilities and the Halo 1,2,3 style games that have AR starts and no AAs.

Limited
October 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I really miss the Classic gametypes, it's good to have variety between more Reach type games with armor abilities and the Halo 1,2,3 style games that have AR starts and no AAs.
Slayer Pro?

I find its alot harder to be consistent in Reach, I may have a winning streak, then suddenly lose one out of the blue, or login the next day and be rubbish (doesnt happen much). I think theres just alot of variables in Reach that we never had in H3, armour abilities play a massive role in that.

Pooky
October 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM
It's only the ones on the drop pod section that get me. Only those. Also, what about the elites and their plasma rifles that seem to fire at 1000 rounds per minute? How are you supposed to get into a rhythm when there are 4 of them, and more are on the way (Cairo, looking at you)?

Early game when you're limited mostly to light weapons, fighting Elites is all about combo mastery. You have to take them out quickly before too many build up in an area. Also, they tend to focus obsessively on the last area they saw you, so changing your firing position frequently helps you stay alive enough to finish one off. Even if it's just the other side of a crate, any movement helps.

Wow ultimate ragequit. Wait it out about a few months; there really isn't anything better out there anyways. Black Ops is MW2 basically (as it seems) and Halo 3 is probably a ghost town right now. That's popular FPS of course. There are still plenty of other games I guess. Have you also tried playing Infection and other playlists too?

Pretty much this. I'm not playing Reach right now, but I'd still hold onto it and see if it becomes better in the future. Remember, we still have the inevitable Blackops douche migration and new maps to look forward to.

I don't have a problem with Reflection on just good old fashion FFA slayer, anything else is garbage. Asylum/Sanctuary is just BAD all around.

Asylum is a map that should never have existed. I've hardly played anything more terrible.

Hotrod
October 29th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Slayer Pro?.
You mean the no radar, no weapons but DMR and plasma pistol MLG shit? No thanks, I've always hated the Pro/MLG style games. I mean, why take out the majority of the weapons out of the game? No, I'm talking about good old Slayer where everybody starts exactly equal with their handy AR and pistol with no AAs (or maybe sprint). To me, Halo has always been about everybody starting out on an exactly equal foot at the beginning of the game, which is something that Reach destroyed.

Kornman00
October 29th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Considering that it's the weekend and the rate the meter has been filling up this week (assuming it's not some bullocks meter that was pre-generated weeks ago) I'd have to say we'll cap it off by Sunday. They probably won't lift the cap until Monday though :/

Futzy
October 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Considering that it's the weekend and the rate the meter has been filling up this week (assuming it's not some bullocks meter that was pre-generated weeks ago) I'd have to say we'll cap it off by Sunday. They probably won't lift the cap until Monday though :/
I got all of today's within 20 minutes, there's probably going to be a pretty big jump today.
I was only half way to Commander grade 1 last I checked anyway, so the cap isn't a problem. It really shouldn't be for anyone.

Limited
October 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
You mean the no radar, no weapons but DMR and plasma pistol MLG shit? No thanks, I've always hated the Pro/MLG style games. I mean, why take out the majority of the weapons out of the game? No, I'm talking about good old Slayer where everybody starts exactly equal with their handy AR and pistol with no AAs (or maybe sprint). To me, Halo has always been about everybody starting out on an exactly equal foot at the beginning of the game, which is something that Reach destroyed.
I suggest you quit your raging because its clearly clouding your memory. Slayer Pro is AR and Pistol with sprint, no motion tracker. Which is exactly what you want.

There is also Slayer DMR Pro, but thats not what I said.

I'm a colonel, you unlock gingnir and mark 6 at brigadier. No weekly update today? Its 23:38GMT, I thought they got released earlier in the day.

Wow, just found some dude (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Proem)that has 12 DAYS on firefight..wtf!? Jcap played alot, but he only has 2 days.

p0lar_bear
October 29th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I suggest you quit your raging because its clearly clouding your memory. Slayer Pro is AR and Pistol with sprint, no motion tracker. Which is exactly what you want.

Doesn't matter, Slayer [DMR] Pro and the people it attracts are the epitome of what's wrong with the game. I would love to play some Elite Slayer or normal slayer every now and then, but god forbid I proclaim interest in a gametype that emphasizes more than one or two main routes of getting kills (which happen to be either DMR wanking or sprinting around and backtapping people), lest I get labeled as a terrible player and should go back to playing the campaign if I enjoy killing elites so much (some dipshit actually said that to me, verbatim, and was serious. lollin').

Limited
October 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM
You do realise, Elite Slayer is basically sticky grenade orgy?

Hotrod
October 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM

Actually, I love the motion tracker, and games without it suck (most of the time, some exceptions). And as I said, Pro gametypes remove most of the weapons on the map, such as the sword. All I want is the classic slayer gametype that they removed back, where all the weapons are available to me.

Oh, and pretty much this :

Doesn't matter, Slayer [DMR] Pro and the people it attracts are the epitome of what's wrong with the game. I would love to play some Elite Slayer or normal slayer every now and then, but god forbid I proclaim interest in a gametype that emphasizes more than one or two main routes of getting kills (which happen to be either DMR wanking or sprinting around and backtapping people), lest I get labeled as a terrible player and should go back to playing the campaign if I enjoy killing elites so much (some dipshit actually said that to me, verbatim, and was serious. lollin').

Arteen
October 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Totally Worth It - 50 Points: Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Both Barrels - 50 Points: Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Cross-Mappin' - 50 Points: Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.

You Ate All the Chips - 42 Points: Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

You Blew It Up! - 13 Points: Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.

Poppin' & Lockin' - 25 Points: Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

Offensive Driver - 20 Points: Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.
Wow, these are some terrible achievements.

Futzy
October 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Looks like there's going to be 3 vidmasters, since there is going to be 10 achievements.

p0lar_bear
October 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
You do realise, Elite Slayer is basically sticky grenade orgy?

Which is why you roll Armor Lock. If people would swallow their pride and actually use the one hard counter to grenade spam instead of trying to outspam their opponents constantly, not only would there be about 50x less grenade spam, but they'd probably die a lot less often and enjoy the game more. But no, everyone insists on rolling Zealot just because it has a headshot weapon.

Headshots are pro. Kills with anything else means you're garbage. Never use anything besides a headshot weapon, and criticize anyone that kills you with something else. :downs:

Arteen
October 29th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Because Elite Slayer would be so much fun if everyone used Armor Lock? They really need to switch the needler out for a repeater and give the needler to the hologram loadout or something. I'd be nice to have more incentive to use anything other than the AL loadout in Elite Slayer.

And Slayer Pro is pretty fun.

p0lar_bear
October 29th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Because Elite Slayer would be so much fun if everyone used Armor Lock?.

Actually, yes. I've tested this, and on Countdown, which is grenade spam central. It's a lot of shit blowing up around everyone with nobody dying from it.

Limited
October 29th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Which is why you roll Armor Lock. If people would swallow their pride and actually use the one hard counter to grenade spam instead of trying to outspam their opponents constantly, not only would there be about 50x less grenade spam, but they'd probably die a lot less often and enjoy the game more. But no, everyone insists on rolling Zealot just because it has a headshot weapon.

Headshots are pro. Kills with anything else means you're garbage. Never use anything besides a headshot weapon, and criticize anyone that kills you with something else. :downs:
What the fuck is up with this forum? Do you guys just say random shit with out actually experiencing it at all? First HotRod was slandering the gametypes without even knowing what they all were, and now you of all people, pbear

I take that back pbear, point still stands though.....People do whore armour lock, and yea I am one of those because it evens the fight. And yes I have played a game of elite slayer where EVERYONE used armour lock (was multi-team), and I was not a fun experience I tell you that. Everyone was nading like mad, once they ran out they just plasma pistol bolt and melee for a cheap, pretty much unavoidable insta death.

Futzy
October 29th, 2010, 09:55 PM
What the fuck is up with this forum? Do you guys just say random shit with out actually experiencing it at all? First HotRod was slandering the gametypes without even knowing what they all were, and now you of all people, pbear....People do whore armour lock, and yea I am one of those because it evens the fight. And yes I have played a game of elite slayer where EVERYONE used armour lock (was multi-team), and I was not a fun experience I tell you that.
Dongs. Dongs everywhere.

Hotrod
October 29th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love this game and play it too much. I just wish they would leave in the classic stuff for those of us who enjoy it. *shrugs*

Oh, and am I the only one that wants them to bring back Elimination?

Limited
October 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I wish they had a playlist dedicated to it to be honest, then we can pick when we exactly want to play it, just like snipers or swat. Issue is they try to push the new features.

My prediction is coming true by the way, they are saying progress is slowing down in the challenge front, so they are releasing "easy" challenges to speed it up, so it will probably get released on tuesday, say day as the playlist update, what a surprise. They will also say "woah we bumped it up alot in the time".

Kornman00
October 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM
And it just so happens that Nov 2nd is Kinect/new dash's release date too IIRC?

At least the new voice codecs will be implemented in the dash update so people don't sound as shitty anymore woop

The BWU teases about drivable pelicans...they forgot to mention the phantoms that go along with them too :realsmug:

FRain
October 29th, 2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3jlgig5oYQ&feature=sub

PlasbianX
October 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM
And it just so happens that Nov 2nd is Kinect/new dash's release date too IIRC?

At least the new voice codecs will be implemented in the dash update so people don't sound as shitty anymore woop

The BWU teases about drivable pelicans...they forgot to mention the phantoms that go along with them too :realsmug:

I havent noticed a change in the quality of voices, and im using the new dashboard (beta).

ejburke
October 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Wow, these are some terrible achievements.The word that sprang to mind for me was, "yuck".

Also, challenges have been a huge disappointment. It seems like their ability to script them is limited and they'll never be as specific as some of the campaign achievements were. But I do wish they'd quit with the arbitrary kill total fluctuations and the repetition. Oh, and MP kills should break down as 25 credits a pop, not 10.

Warsaw
October 30th, 2010, 02:54 AM
I havent noticed a change in the quality of voices, and im using the new dashboard (beta).

That's because it's not just dependent on your dash.

Hotrod
October 30th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I wish they had a playlist dedicated to it to be honest, then we can pick when we exactly want to play it, just like snipers or swat. Issue is they try to push the new features.
Exactly my thoughts. Then again, we're not even a month past release, so I'm expecting all that good stuff to come back sooner or later. And that reminds me, what ever happened to shotty snipers? That was definitely one of my favourite gametypes in Halo 3.

Pooky
October 30th, 2010, 12:56 PM
what ever happened to shotty snipers? That was definitely one of my favourite gametypes in Halo 3.

You can't be serious

o_O

Hotrod
October 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM
You can't be serious

o_O
Why wouldn't I be? I always loved the mix between long range and close range combat. vOv

Kornman00
October 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM
8858cR from a single game, a new personal best. 3 challenges, one new gold commendation plus the usual game cR.

The word that sprang to mind for me was, "yuck".

Also, challenges have been a huge disappointment. It seems like their ability to script them is limited and they'll never be as specific as some of the campaign achievements were.
I guess they only stepped away from the online specific achievements for the retail game, not for DLC. Now we'll just have people playing just to get these specific achievements causing some oddball votes. Hopefully this means they're coming out with a race playlist then.

I remember coming across what I could have sworn was their challenge criteria system in the game code and it seemed pretty robust. Though it could have been junk for their new Megalo scripting engine too, it's been a while since I last looked.

Pooky
October 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM

I'm a colonel, you unlock gingnir and mark 6 at brigadier. No weekly update today? Its 23:38GMT, I thought they got released earlier in the day.

Wow, just found some dude (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=Proem)that has 12 DAYS on firefight..wtf!? Jcap played alot, but he only has 2 days.

Slayer pro is terrible. Sprint + no motion trackers = nothing but a bunch of tards running around back tapping eachother. Taking away the motion tracker does not make the game more 'pro'.

Why wouldn't I be? I always loved the mix between long range and close range combat. vOv

Shotty snipers was roughly 80% shotgun corner crouching, 10% grenade spam, 9% sniper shot-punch, and 1% headshots. Fuck that garbage.

Kornman00
October 30th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Some stuff about the drivable pelicans/phantoms: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1028949

Arteen
October 30th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Wow, wtf is with the guys at HBO?

Cagerrin
October 30th, 2010, 05:21 PM
They're just jealous.

But yeah, that was oddly whiny, even for them.

Hotrod
October 30th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Nice work Korn, now all we gotta do is find those variables.

Futzy
October 30th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Nice work Korn, now all we gotta do is find those variables.
He has the film showing how to do it in his fileshare. I'm fast forwarding to the part now.

Kornman00
October 30th, 2010, 07:08 PM
With Louis saying I'm ruining it by poking through the code and Urk calling my sauce weak (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029026) (I wonder if the pun was intended?) I think I now have any non-old-school Halo fan automatically hating me.

Not that I really care for this newbies jumping on some proverbial we-hate-kornman-bandwagon...but...well, guess there's always 343i after this!

TBH, I think the rank cap was weaker sauce, but hey, that's just me.

Futzy
October 30th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Someone is rendering the whole film :ugh:
And another post by urk http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24127970&postcount=13610

Arteen
October 30th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Urk's fault for blabbing about the egg in the first place.

Kornman would've been a hero if he wasn't nice enough to give everyone the hints before finding it himself. Lame. Stop being such a nice guy, Korn.

ejburke
October 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM
"Boo hoo, Kornman found the secret hidden in our terrible, terrible level."

What the fuck. People knew about the Scarab Gun within a month of Halo 2's release. How long were they going to wait before dropping some hints?

The IWHBYD Skull in Halo 3 may have been dug up almost instantly. Marty cried. We all had a good laugh about it.

Kornman00
October 30th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Wait, in Halo 3 you had to find the skulls to unlock them so you can then toggle them at the pre-game screen?

Fuck, it really has been forever since I played that game.

Marty also got upset back when people initially started extracting the Halo 1 sounds too. Went as far as registering on halomods.com and posting IIRC.

Spartan094
October 30th, 2010, 08:10 PM
8858cR from a single game, a new personal best. 3 challenges, one new gold commendation plus the usual game cR.

Dawg I got 9562 credits from one game of Firefight (thanks to those challenges yesterday heh) but I'm pretty sure you might have gotten yours from Multiplayer which I only have gotten 6000+ only once thou, I'll try to beat you :cheeseargh:

Hotrod
October 30th, 2010, 08:21 PM
It's not like anybody was going to find it without modding...I mean, it's not like they didn't expect it

Futzy
October 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM
It's not like anybody was going to find it without modding...I mean, it's not like they didn't expect it
It actually wasn't that obscure besides knowing that you need to go to a trigger after pressing the button.

Hotrod
October 30th, 2010, 08:31 PM
It actually wasn't that obscure besides knowing that you need to go to a trigger after pressing the button.
And seeing as how a decent portion of the Halo community are young kids with an IQ in the double digits, I doubt they would have been able to find it within a reasonable amount of time. And most of the community wouldn't spend that much time trying to find it either.

sevlag
October 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM
And seeing as how a decent portion of the Halo community are young kids with an IQ in the double digits, I doubt they would have been able to find it within a reasonable amount of time. And most of the community wouldn't spend that much time trying to find it either.
GJ korn, lets us know when they either

A) give you something cool since you did it first
B)ban you for "aiding" modders (which is how a few people on bnet are putting it, seriously have the bnet doesnt even fucking know about KM00)

Kornman00
October 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Urk does not approve (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029026). Not like I expected him to.

Hotrod
October 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Who cares if he approves? :P Oh, and here's a short (around 3 minutes) Youtube video showing how to do it :
_Xoq6zhRnfU

leorimolo
October 30th, 2010, 10:03 PM
the hardest byfar were the halo 2 and halo 3 iwhbyd. Jumping rings according to the rithm of the halo 3 theme song or wtvr... come one.

Warsaw
October 30th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Yay for jumping through hoops (:v:) to find eggs!

The tone produced from the Halos as you jumped through them was barely audible to boot.

mech
October 31st, 2010, 01:57 AM
Nice find kornman00 :neckbeard:

Also, it's funny just how faggoty halo people are.

Arteen
October 31st, 2010, 10:00 AM
Lol, what a jealous jackass (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029125).

Futzy
October 31st, 2010, 10:36 AM
I doubt bungie's going to be giving us any more hints to eggs now. It's their own fault really.

Limited
October 31st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hey kornman are we going to tell people how to drive scarab, or shall that remain a secret?

jcap
October 31st, 2010, 10:56 AM
Lol, what a jealous jackass (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029125).
so mad :maddowns:

Futzy
October 31st, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hey kornman are we going to tell people how to drive scarab, or shall that remain a secret?
Trolled.

Hotrod
October 31st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I think he's mad bro

Limited
October 31st, 2010, 11:26 AM
I replied. What a cry baby.

Arteen
October 31st, 2010, 11:56 AM
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029160

Once again, you're wrong.
Wait, what? According to Louis Wu I am frequently wrong.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm wrong because my argument of 'there are no clues' was defeated by his argument of 'but maybe there were!' And the fact that there are other eggs in the level is a clue that there could be more! Maybe! So, according to Wu's logic and a bit of mathematical induction, there are infinite easter eggs in New Alexandria.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029179

If you knew how to do it, and wanted to contribute to the community in a *different* way, you could've spurred the forum (here or anywhere else) with some more tantalizing clues.
Because "I know how to find the Pelican and I'm not telling" is a great way to approach the situation and I'm sure such selfish dickery would be well-received. That thread is funnier that I expected.

DarkHalo003
October 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
I can understand the apparent bit of butt hurt about this whole scenario, but I'm also glad someone finally exposed the easter egg I probably was going to spend days upon days on. I mean some people might want to find it on their own and that's cool but honestly the community that doesn't post consistently could really care less how it was found. Korn didn't mod to find it; he simply used his skill in reading code to understand when and where it would begin. Any with dev software and basic use could have searched and searched, but Korn did it in less than a week I presume. Good job though. Anyone know what it's like driving both and if we could see these in future DLC?

sevlag
October 31st, 2010, 12:46 PM
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029160

Wait, what? According to Louis Wu I am frequently wrong.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm wrong because my argument of 'there are no clues' was defeated by his argument of 'but maybe there were!' And the fact that there are other eggs in the level is a clue that there could be more! Maybe! So, according to Wu's logic and a bit of mathematical induction, there are infinite easter eggs in New Alexandria.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029179

Because "I know how to find the Pelican and I'm not telling" is a great way to approach the situation and I'm sure such selfish dickery would be well-received. That thread is funnier that I expected.they jsut mad that they didn't find it first

Arteen
October 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
The pelican is rather unwieldy, but I didn't get much time to fly it. I can't see either dropship getting into a multiplayer map given the 16 player limit. The Falcon already works as an MP-friendly pelican analogue. Maybe if they made a gimmicky space combat map, it could work, but it would probably be just as gimmicky as Pelican maps in CE.

Kornman00
October 31st, 2010, 02:29 PM
Well if they would have just ignored the fact that I didn't have the required background for the job I applied for this past summer and hired me, I would have been NDA'd and this whole mess would have been avoided <:maddowns:>!

[/not cereal]

People are enjoying flight with the pelican/phantom and to me, that's what matters. If it puts a bad strike on my record for future Bungie employment, so be it; this save can't be reverted. I guess I should have pondered my decision before turning Iron on :ugh:.

jcap
October 31st, 2010, 02:49 PM
I said this last night, and I'll say it again:

Personally, I think that the fun about easter eggs is KNOWING about them so you can enjoy them, not wasting time searching for them. The only difference between searching the scripts for unit_enter_vehicle_immediate and searching legit is that days of time weren't wasted.

Like Kornman said, people are having fun flying around in the pelicans/phantoms. That's what matters, not how it was found.

Limited
October 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Plus, kornman still needed to find the switch, basically kornman did more work, than if someone just tried looking for it.

Sucks I had to watch the footie highlights otherwise I would have been someone e-famous! (jokes).

Futzy
October 31st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Plus, kornman still needed to find the switch, basically kornman did more work, than if someone just tried looking for it.
I'd assume he took the coordinates for the switch and trigger and then turned on pan cam to find them.

Limited
October 31st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Thats not what he told me :P

Kornman00
October 31st, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'd assume he took the coordinates for the switch and trigger and then turned on pan cam to find them.
I tried enabling pan cam (in Reach) a while back and couldn't get it to work :s. Unless it's a different key combo than Halo3? Would have made finding the switch an easier process.

Futzy
October 31st, 2010, 06:23 PM
I tried enabling pan cam (in Reach) a while back and couldn't get it to work :s. Unless it's a different key combo than Halo3? Would have made finding the switch an easier process.
Reload, switch grenades, click right stick, up on d-pad.
That'll bring up the coordinates.
Jump, switch grenades, reload, AA button, click L+R sticks, left on d-pad.
That's for Pan-Cam. They made it even more fucking difficult than H3.

ejburke
October 31st, 2010, 07:17 PM
99.99% of everyone who has ever experienced an easter egg went online and found a step-by-step guide for getting it done. A few autistic chimps were denied the opportunity to waste their time. Oh well, shit happens.

Don't worry about not being able to work at Bungie. Things blow over and the intent was not at all congruent with the response. God, I hate this community sometimes (most times).

Kornman00
October 31st, 2010, 10:25 PM
You all know that when the host is migrated, objects get reset.

You all know quitters never win.

So what happens when the host quits the second after I manage to pick up the rocket launcher on Powerhouse?

I end up picking up a dup'd rocket launcher's ammo, giving me 8x sweet rockets to rain on the other players in the rumble pit (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8416241&player=kornmanOO).

On another note, I still can't believe someone rendered my entire film of me and Pkmnrulz flying around in the pelican and phantom. If I had that much bungie render minutes to spare, I would render some of my shit in HD instead of all in SD :ugh:

Arteen
October 31st, 2010, 11:40 PM
Lucky. When I get a host migration, it causes my team to lose an entire turn of Territories.

Dwood
November 1st, 2010, 02:30 AM
Well, at least he apologized.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029157

TeeKup
November 1st, 2010, 04:03 AM
Ah good he's a rationalist. Hopefully the rest of the HBO community will take his lead.

Spartan094
November 1st, 2010, 06:13 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Brandon094/lol-7.png

:ohdear: I think this is the easiest daily challenge ever for b.net users already, no work involved :realsmug:

annihilation
November 1st, 2010, 07:18 AM
I'm glad my eyes aren't raped by the whiteness of the new dashboard.
Fuck the new dashboard.

TeeKup
November 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Brandon094/lol-7.png

:ohdear: I think this is the easiest daily challenge ever for b.net users already, no work involved :realsmug:

Please tell me you're trolling.

Also the new Dashboard is ass like annihilation said. Seriously microsoft what the fuck. No one wants their xbox to look like your office's....or a textbook.

ejburke
November 1st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Well, at least he apologized.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1029157Guarantee this hasn't killed off easter eggs in future Bungie games. That argument is just absurd, alarmist, dickery, brought up solely to try to make KM feel like an asshole. "One of us! One of us!"

They make easter eggs without knowing for sure what will happen or how it will be discovered. That's the thrill. If they're butthurt over that discovery and reception not being 100% how they imagined it or not being milked or dragged out to a great degree, well, fuck them.

I mean, if it were up to Marty, we would have never gotten the HEK. You can't respect everyone's thoughts and feelings, just because they happen to work at Bungie.

sevlag
November 1st, 2010, 08:26 AM
why do i think "waggle to pet the tiger" when i see the new dashboard

Arteen
November 1st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Not really a fan of the new dashboard. I don't see how it's an improvement, but at least it's more-or-less as functional as the old one.

Kornman00
November 1st, 2010, 10:36 AM
IIRC, I disliked the last dashboard change too.

But that doesn't mean I'll fucking grow used to this one. Do they fire the entire design team after every new launch and hire an entire fucking new goon squad? I'd like my old dashboard UI back or at least the option to use it please. Thx.

Just because you launch a new freaking product doesn't mean you have to go and change the whole thing. Unless their research shows that over 50% of consumers will have a higher liking to a new product if everything is fucking new...if that's the case, I blame the average user (and then some) for this fucking ridiculous shit and wish "an unnatural selection would, I don't know, send a power surge directly into their controller killing them, or at least disable them from buying anymore xbox junk.

ejburke
November 1st, 2010, 10:55 AM
I thought the avatars would look better, but they just look like they spent time on the rack or had that bone lengthening procedure that insecure dwarfs get.

jcap
November 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
It would be nice if they actually worked on improving the dashboard so it doesn't take 2 seconds to click between menus.

The new dashboard fucking blows.

Hotrod
November 1st, 2010, 02:01 PM
It would be nice if they actually worked on improving the dashboard so it doesn't take 2 seconds to click between menus.

Agreed.

L0d3x
November 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM
I noticed a slight improvement in reaction speed actually, though it came at the price of a very ugly black and white theme.

=sw=warlord
November 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM

Agreed, If I wanted a console with what resembled linux mint for it's GUI i would have got a PS3 and installed linux mint.
I miss the old blade system where the Xbox 360 actually looked like a console not a cheap ATM rip off.

Futzy
November 1st, 2010, 02:46 PM
They're trying to get all their products under the Metro UI. Which is a good thing.
I've been using it since the beta. At first it was as slow as or slower than the NXE, but as they continued adding updates it got faster. I had a second xbox I could compare it to.

Ellis
November 1st, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the new UI to be this horrible, buggy, atrocious piece of shit. Not only is it incredibly buggy but it wouldn't let me accept the Terms of Service for half an hour which prevented me from signing on. Not to mention the Avatars themselves look.. off. They didn't look -good- before, but now they just look even more OFF than they did. I can't put my finger on what it is.

Limited
November 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
Wow what is up with POS xbox? I turn on, have my standard setup of a bridge so I try to download update, it fails a few times and then starts to download.

Stops and fails half way through, so I try again. Now for some reason I have the new UI colours, but I only get My Xbox and some Welcome screen.

I've downloaded the $SystemUpdate9199.zip file, pulled out the folder, tried to burn it to a CD TWICE, and it won't load up...Tried to put it on a USB, still won't see theres new updates.

WTF!?

Limited
November 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Wow what is up with POS xbox? I turn on, have my standard setup of a bridge so I try to download update, it fails a few times and then starts to download.

Stops and fails half way through, so I try again. Now for some reason I have the new UI colours, but I only get My Xbox and some Welcome screen.

I've downloaded the $SystemUpdate9199.zip file, pulled out the folder, tried to burn it to a CD TWICE, and it won't load up...Tried to put it on a USB, still won't see theres new updates.

WTF!?

=sw=warlord
November 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
They're trying to get all their products under the Metro UI. Which is a good thing.

Not really a good thing if it look's worse than it's predecessors.

Ellis
November 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
I hate when new updates fuck over everything. It seriously is inexcusable with all the supposed beta testing they put this thing through. o.O Anyway, I'm annoyed that Reach's ranks still aren't unlocked. They gotta milk one more day out of it so they can take them off on tuesday, as if a bunch of ranks and armor pieces are going to stop anyone from buying Black Ops if they want it.

Arteen
November 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
I still don't care about the rank cap. I'm only going to care once I'm a brigadier with a few hundred thousand credits to spend.

Also, I hate the dashboard. There is something slightly nauseating about navigating it, especially the friend's list. It's just not smooth like in NXE 1.0.

ejburke
November 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM
They really fucked themselves over by associating the xbox brand with the color green. Pretty much forces you toward either a black or white interface. Whatever, I really don't give a shit about the dashboard. They decided that rounded corners were out this year and swim-y animation was in. Amazing. I hope they get paid handsomely for being such geniuses.

DarkHalo003
November 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM
Is the only reason why they made a new Dashboard the release of the Kinect? Who the hell is going to even buy it? If I haven't bought a Wii by now, why the hell should the Kinect be any different? I see why it's obnoxious to have a new Dashboard every couple of years (at the least); it's like Microsoft releasing a new Windows everytime you get a new OS. In other words, I hate it when Microsoft uses valuable resources for Dashboards. But whatever. If it's required to run connect, then I'm sure SOMEONE will like it.

Warsaw
November 1st, 2010, 05:57 PM
Not really a good thing if it look's worse than it's predecessors.

Metro UI is awesome. It is smooth, looks good, and performs well. The new Dashboard is essentially a mockery of Metro; Metro has WHITE TEXT on a DARK BACKGROUND. Fuck you Microsoft.

Limited
November 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM
Well after what, 4 hours I still havent downloaded it, this is total BS. Wtf Microsoft? Even the support link they quote doesnt work, what a shambles.

Also, UI is in style of PES 2010, which was fugly.

Edit, oh yay its finally installed the update, but guess what, the terms of use won't load and it says its unavailable right now, what does that mean? Yup I can't play any online games.

Spartan094
November 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM
I think we should take this "this dashboard is so awesome not really" to the tech talk or so, aint reach related but yeah.

E:
http://www.bungie.net/images/News/graphgen/globalchallenge/0Ko634n.jpg

Tomorrow, it better be tomorrow.

Limited
November 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
It will be, its a playlist update so it ties in reaaaaal nicely, what a coincidence.

Ellis
November 2nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
It will be, its a playlist update so it ties in reaaaaal nicely, what a coincidence.

What a strange happenstance that it just happens to be on the same days as a playlist update. Go figure huh? Oh well, I'll pick up Reach again when the new ranks hit today. Get to Brigadier and then stop caring. :P

Limited
November 2nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
CAP LIFTED!!!

Futzy
November 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Mr%20Kwatz
Almost to Commander G2
Player model still hasn't updated since the first day :C

Limited
November 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Mr%20Kwatz
Almost to Commander G2
Player model still hasn't updated since the first day :C
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Limited55
My model has NEVER changed.
About 40% to go to Colonel G1.

Spartan094
November 2nd, 2010, 07:53 PM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8419/reach8825426full.jpg

I know this is you when you finally become a Commander/Colonel/Brigadier (I question you if your a Brig)

Futzy
November 2nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm saving for gold now. I'll still need to get 50k more cR once i hit Colonel. Then I'm saving for Mk V shoulders, haven't calculated if I'll have enough to buy anything else before buying them.

Spartan094
November 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
Gold visor seemed worth it to me, people got mad in-game about my flames and gold visor :realsmug:

PlasbianX
November 2nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
Korn's almost a Brigadier. Lol...

DarkHalo003
November 2nd, 2010, 09:23 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Limited55
My model has NEVER changed.
About 40% to go to Colonel G1.
The problem with the models appearing on B.net hasn't been figured out yet said Bungie on one of the updates. They don't know exactly why it's happened and they said they're trying to find out daily. I think it's because there are so many people and files playing the games and so many assets that there's clogging of some sort.

Limited
November 2nd, 2010, 11:16 PM
You guys should check out my alt Reach account...http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=xXSAVIORS0ULXx

Jokes, but DAMN that guys a freaking General.

Wow, http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=cloudspider, that dudes fairly legit (although he played firefight alot, least he didnt circle jerk).

http://halocharts.com/reach.php?other=topranks

Shock120
November 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Did Bungie ever say they could add armor perms, and firefight voices through DLC?
(it sounds preposterous and impossible).

Hotrod
November 3rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
Did Bungie ever say they could add armor perms, and firefight voices through DLC?
(it sounds preposterous and impossible).
Seeing as how it was impossible yet highly demanded in Halo 3, maybe they've included that possibility this time around.

sevlag
November 4th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Seeing as how it was impossible yet highly demanded in Halo 3, maybe they've included that possibility this time around.
its still a no...sad to say

Hotrod
November 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM
its still a no...sad to say
Well that sucks :(

Pooky
November 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Probably better that way. If it did happen, you know morons would be raging 'BAWWW BUNGIE HELD BACK ARMOR JUST TO MAKE US PAY EXTRA'.

Hotrod
November 4th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that's true...but you can't say that it wouldn't have been nice to have more armors.

Shock120
November 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I am lol'ing at the many idiots (on Bungie.net) who believe Bungie can actually add new armors as DLC. I mean wow.
Unlocking is something already on the disc, not DLC. -__-

Edit:

Part of me feels sad, because there will never be any variety in DLC, remember when Halo 3 armors were in high demand?
Bungie finally answered, and now people are saying hopefully Halo Reach isn't like Halo 3.

Soon it'll be high demand again, and Bungie will answer the same.

ejburke
November 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
New armor is just going to make the old armor obsolete. Especially if it's bought with cash and not rank/credits.

Kornman00
November 4th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I'd rather have engineering time spent on getting films working for parties and development time spent on more forge objects/maps than new meaningless fucking armor and the systems needed to make them expandable via DLC.

I'll just wait for their next engine for add-on content.

annihilation
November 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
What if they made it on a bonus disk or something?

Ellis
November 4th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I'm loling at the people who say the game is dead going by the population numbers. 3 million copies sold and the game never jumped up on my meter above 400k, so either those are inaccurate or sales numbers are off. Besides people play multiple games. Just today I played Reach, TF2, and L4D2. I mean c'mon you can have too much of a good thing, have to take a breather sometime.

annihilation
November 5th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I'm sure the counter is broken.

Last I checked Halo 3 had almost a million players onlyine while Reach had 100k.
I'm calling bullshit on that.

sevlag
November 5th, 2010, 07:15 AM

Last I checked Halo 3 had almost a million players onlyine while Reach had 100k.
I'm calling bullshit on that.its script kiddies

also rob how goes trying to fix your DVD tray

Futzy
November 5th, 2010, 07:31 AM

I'm calling bullshit on that.
Reach player count is players currently online, Halo 3 has always been last 24hrs.

annihilation
November 5th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Ah, I always forget.

Shock120
November 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Why does Bungie have some sort of bitmap box present inside of covenant cruisers (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9102596&player=NF%20Optimus)?

TeeKup
November 5th, 2010, 09:45 AM
The fuck.

It certainly is odd. :S

Hotrod
November 5th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Why does Bungie have some sort of bitmap box present inside of covenant cruisers (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9102596&player=NF%20Optimus)?
Cause they're cool like that? Sure is fucked up though...

Pooky
November 6th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Pretty much completely lost interest in this game. Big Team was interesting for a while, until I realized that the Warthog and Ghost are both completely fucking useless now, and armor abilities pretty much shit up everything. The DMR has taken the throne as the new most annoying mid range weapon in the series (topping Halo 2's BR when you only had SMG starts).

Whatever.

L0d3x
November 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I've lost interest for a while now, started playing pokémon platinum...