PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24

thehoodedsmack
November 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I probably haven't played the game in almost a month.

sevlag
November 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
popped in reach yesterday, arena with no motion trackers is FUN

people are more likely to fall for holograms, my main gripe was one match on sword base where the other team was just herp derping with sprint

Shock120
November 6th, 2010, 09:40 AM
popped in reach yesterday, arena with no motion trackers is FUN

people are more likely to fall for holograms, my main gripe was one match on sword base where the other team was just herp derping with sprintone time I underestimated the sniper jackals on legendary, near the spire, one of them used the hologram, and as I approached for a melee kill, the sniper who was in cover beamed me.

I was so surprised, jackals using AA. xD

Question.
Was Kormman00, the 1st to "discover/leak" the Pelican/Phantom event in New Alexandria?

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Question.
Was Kormman00, the 1st to "discover/leak" the Pelican/Phantom event in New Alexandria?
He was the first one to do it, yes.

ejburke
November 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
No mention of that in the weekly update, was there? I guess they're hoping the toothpaste will go back in the tube. Their silence reminds me of the H2 Vista launch.

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
No mention of that in the weekly update, was there? I guess they're hoping the toothpaste will go back in the tube. Their silence reminds me of the H2 Vista launch.
Urk said they're hoping that the majority of hunters won't find the video and that it will still be found legitimately by some communities.

Also
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24240823&postcount=15134

They can't create new challenges. What they shipped with is what we're stuck with. I can't find the other quote right now, but there's about 500 in all and we haven't even see a quarter of them used.

Kornman00
November 6th, 2010, 12:52 PM
"legit" is relative. You could travel to Alpha Centauri at near the speed of light, taking a handful of years, or you could fold/bend space, arriving in less than four. It was Halloween weekend. I was browsing the bnet forums and saw all sorts of people just booting up the level trying to find a switch. Then I saw some people trying to get teams together for legendary runs. That's was sparked me to even find out what the conditions were. My initial thinking was "damn, Bungie posted about this egg in their WU and now this is going to be consuming people's Halloween weekend, how can I aid?". It was not "damn, look @ all of dez n00bz and f4gz trying to find diz easter egg, lolololol, i wonder how i can ruin their funz lolololol". Like Louis Wu mentioned, I wasn't around for the IWHBYD skull. Had I known there would have been this big of a drama over saying "The Earth is round", I probably wouldn't have said anything or even went through the work involved.

If MS/Bungie also didn't stop making Silver+ campaign commendation progressions (points, not level) from giving you cR, I probably would have joined the aimlessly-searching-like-a-chicken-without-a-head search myself. It's like putting StarForce or any other kind of nonsense protection on a game: in the end, you're only fucking the end user.

Bring it up again Shock and you'll receive an infraction.

ejburke
November 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Urk said they're hoping that the majority of hunters won't find the video and that it will still be found legitimately by some communities.And I'm hoping I can start minting coins out of my asshole.

So, Urk thinks there's some kind of isolated, aboriginal pocket of fanboys out there that spend time hunting down things that -- as far as they are aware -- may have already been found? If that's the case, wouldn't they be too busy trying to crack the Konami code to bother with this? Shit.

They really do think they can re-toothpaste that tube. By staring at it hard enough.

EDIT: That's the last I'll say about it.

Kornman00
November 6th, 2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24240823&postcount=15134

They can't create new challenges. What they shipped with is what we're stuck with. I can't find the other quote right now, but there's about 500 in all and we haven't even see a quarter of them used.
Where did those numbers come from? That quote doesn't include any.

I think by scenarios he means they can't include "Play Halo Reach then go play Halo 3 then come back and play Reach again fro 500cR". We're stuck with the conditions their challenge system already includes. Eg, Do X in game mode Y, or Perform X, etc.

Limited
November 6th, 2010, 01:16 PM
They can't create new challenges. What they shipped with is what we're stuck with. I can't find the other quote right now, but there's about 500 in all and we haven't even see a quarter of them used.Thats because they keep using the same ones over and over. How many damn times have we seen "Get a double kill in a game, X amount of times"...."Kill X amount of people in ANY game mode!".

I was really hoping we'd have some creative challenges, not just bog standard "mini-dlc shite achievements", i.e. kill 2 dudes with a shotgun.

E: Ha, waduyaknow, I check what the challenges are today and surprise surprise.

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Where did those numbers come from? That quote doesn't include any.

I think by scenarios he means they can't include "Play Halo Reach then go play Halo 3 then come back and play Reach again fro 500cR". We're stuck with the conditions their challenge system already includes. Eg, Do X in game mode Y, or Perform X, etc.
He's going to check the exact numbers on Monday. We've seen 97 unique challenges so far.
I'm pretty sure they just have a big set of challenges with which they can just change variables like that.

Limited
November 6th, 2010, 01:55 PM
He's going to check the exact numbers on Monday. We've seen 97 unique challenges so far.
I'm pretty sure they just have a big set of challenges with which they can just change variables like that.
BS, less than that. Say Reach has been out for 45 days roughly, thats 180 total challenges. No way has each challenge only appeared twice, the Gunslinger one I've seen at least 8 times. I've see the double kill one for sure 5 or more times. The list goes on...

Spartan094
November 6th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I still want a challenge like on the first week to complete 9 missions on Heroic or Legendary for 5000 cR, I didn't complete it because my account was hacked and I only got my account 3 days after it was released and was only given 2 days to finish it and got 8/9 :smith:

Kornman00
November 6th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I want any other freaking campaign mission on legendary without dying besides ONI and freaking Nightfall. Then maybe I wouldn't use the stupid checkpoint work-around and actually TRY to play without dying.

But that's just me. The Anti-Easter Bunny (gasp, does that make me the Anti-Christ??[/rhetorical question]).

Spartan094
November 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I want any other freaking campaign mission on legendary without dying besides ONI and freaking Nightfall. Then maybe I wouldn't use the stupid checkpoint work-around and actually TRY to play without dying.

Fake E: My bad, mis-read your post.

And true I want another level then just those 2.

p0lar_bear
November 6th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I'd like to see them screw that one up one week and tie it to Noble Actual.

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Not to mention you can play though nightfall without firing a shot in less than five minutes.

DarkHalo003
November 6th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Fake E: My bad, mis-read your post.

And true I want another level then just those 2.
I agree. Those two (i think I saw WC once) are the only ones I see on a regular basis.

Has anyone else played Multi-Team? It's probably one of my most favorite gametypes, up there with Living Dead and Invasion. For Living Dead, though, they need better map variants; there is almost no cover for zombies on Pinnacle and some other maps.

jcap
November 6th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Multi-team is the best playlist.

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I agree. Those two (i think I saw WC once) are the only ones I see on a regular basis.

Has anyone else played Multi-Team? It's probably one of my most favorite gametypes, up there with Living Dead and Invasion. For Living Dead, though, they need better map variants; there is almost no cover for zombies on Pinnacle and some other maps.
I got 30 kills as a human in one life camping in that room with the stairs on Boardwalk. It's really shitty and needs custom maps asap.

Hotrod
November 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Multi-team is the shit, I can't express how much I love that playlist. And yeah, all the maps suck balls for infection. There's always one hiding spot that everybody goes to that makes the game hell for zombies. Then again, Countdown and Zealot aren't bad, cause there aren't any spots like that.

Kornman00
November 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Not to mention you can play though nightfall without firing a shot in less than five minutes.
In less than five minutes :v:? video?

I got 30 kills as a human in one life camping in that room with the stairs on Boardwalk. It's really shitty and needs custom maps asap.
I wonder if they had more time, if they would have re-included the H3 forge maps (either on disc or DLC) then provided a way to "transfer" your old map variants into Reach for use in them...that would have been really neat...and probably isn't too late to do. Well, for 343i anyway. Bungie has bigger and better things to work on.

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 05:09 PM
In less than five minutes :v:? video?
Video wouldn't really show much. Melee (don't assassinate) the first elite and then sprint along the right. Then just keep sprinting to the part with the beacon, you don't have to kill anything. Park the forklift against the door and get out and then you can just run to the end without any enemies spawning.

DarkHalo003
November 6th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm also saddened that there are only close-quarters maps available instead of big maps like Hemorrhage and a map i saw called Zombie World (which looks really cool IMO).

Futzy
November 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm also saddened that there are only close-quarters maps available instead of big maps like Hemorrhage and a map i saw called Zombie World (which looks really cool IMO).
Look up ghost busters.

Spartan094
November 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Aw hell no, all my campaign levels are gone, now I have to start from square one. I still says I completed it on Legendary thou.

DarkHalo003
November 7th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I really wish two things for Reach right now:

1.) Forge allowed more building blocks and less inclines. I swear, why would we even need 99 inclines in the first place? Then again, some people just randomly throw stuff in Forge World and call it a map, so I guess it depends on the user. I just wish I had more building blocks or that there were bigger sized walls (besides super-size-me Coliseum Walls).

2.) We could edit campaign and create our own encounters or something. I just feel like so much potential was lost in the game that could have been another step forward for the Halo franchise (and the gaming industry).

Kornman00
November 7th, 2010, 06:29 PM
2.) I think Bungie would save some of their more serious editing tricks (Forge/HEK) for their next engine/game. Don't want to give up all their tricks to what is now a rival game franchise.

Warsaw
November 7th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Well now, that's an intriguing thought: competing against your own creation.

p0lar_bear
November 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Well now, that's an intriguing thought: competing against your own creation.
Been done before in practically every robot apocalyse story, video game, or movie ever created. :v:

I would have liked the ability to zoom out really far when holding things in Forge, ESPECIALLY objective triggers, and kill/safe zones.

Also, Pooky showed me the most retarded Firefight gametype I've ever seen made pretty much for the sake of getting Heat In The Pipe and Game, Set, Match easy. Best bonus round I've ever seen. :lol:

Warsaw
November 8th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Not quite the same thing. You know what I meant. :haw:

PlasbianX
November 8th, 2010, 06:05 AM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/PlayerGameHistory.aspx?player=xXSAVIORS0ULXx

We have a Field Marshall.

Hotrod
November 8th, 2010, 08:34 AM

Yes, the bungie forums have been filled with threads about that guy.

=sw=warlord
November 9th, 2010, 05:33 AM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5713/wath.png
What is this, I don't even..

Spartan094
November 9th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Is bungie derping today? :v:

TeeKup
November 9th, 2010, 07:11 AM
The automated system challenges are running on HAS to be bugged.

Necr0matic
November 9th, 2010, 09:01 AM

Does anyone remember the first General in Halo 3? It was in the first few days, now lets see whose first to be Reclaimer, hell Inheritor.

Kornman00
November 9th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Just imagine what rank he'd be if they hadn't stop making silver+ commendation points give you cR in campaign :v:

Ellis
November 9th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I wish I had a quick way to get up to Brigadier. Only a Commander Grade 3 and 1/3 of the way to Colonel. This is going to take forever. :P Oh well...

Warsaw
November 9th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Hey man, I am still Warrant Officer Grade 1. No complaining.

paladin
November 9th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I would be that rank, if I played Halo 24/7. Looking at his game history, it seems he doesn't have a job, go to school, or have a social life. I'd take the previous 3 before halo...

Hes played 23D, 19H, 20M

L0d3x
November 10th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Heh, maybe it's just a shared account on which multiple people take turns playing.

PlasbianX
November 10th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Heh, maybe it's just a shared account on which multiple people take turns playing.

This. My friends and I were discussing doing this. The account would be played 24/7, but it would be us taking 'shifts' were we are playing for like 2 hours at a time on rotation.

Rob Oplawar
November 10th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I'm always mystified when people do this. It's a game. It's supposed to be played, not treated as a task to be completed.

sevlag
November 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
saw a thread on Bnet, apparently MLG will be switching to SCII as their flagship game...hope they enjoy being destroyed by koreans

p0lar_bear
November 10th, 2010, 11:29 AM
saw a thread on Bnet, apparently MLG will be switching to SCII as their flagship game...hope they enjoy being destroyed by koreans

No, I'm sure they'll find some glitch or bug to abuse to gain an upper hand and make a big fuss about it so it'll become a legit tactic and encourage it in tournaments.

MXC
November 10th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I just want to reach Lt. Colonel. I have 130,000 credits for the helmet, and yet I still have to sit through... what, 4 ranks in the Major rank? Damnit.

Futzy
November 10th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I just want to reach Lt. Colonel. I have 130,000 credits for the helmet, and yet I still have to sit through... what, 4 ranks in the Major rank? Damnit.
You'll still need to hit brigadier to finish it off. Gold visor at colonel and Mk V shoulders at brig.

MXC
November 10th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I don't know about the shoulders, I've been doing some looking back and forth and the ODST shoulderpads look alot more like the halo 1 shoulderpads than the ones that are actually labeled as Mark V. Maybe it's because the mark V shoulders in the game stick out too far, while the original Halo 1 shoulders circle around the shoulders more.

Warsaw
November 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Good riddance.

Ellis
November 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Oh really? I'm not sure if that MLG thing is true. Could care less if it is though. Who cares about MLG besides the people in it? I mean really, video games are meant to be a fun pass time, not some highly competitive sport you see people playing for money or at the Olympics. If I ever see Olympic Video Game playing someone will get smacked in the face. Same goes for Nascar or something at the Olympics.

sevlag
November 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM
No, I'm sure they'll find some glitch or bug to abuse to gain an upper hand and make a big fuss about it so it'll become a legit tactic and encourage it in tournaments.
which the koreans will then master and slaughter them and force them to run from SCII

Donut
November 10th, 2010, 09:07 PM
ROFL this just brightened my day

jcap
November 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Today's daily challenge "Just Hold On..."

someone needs to get their face kicked in

ejburke
November 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
20 Rounds without dying? In a day? Shit, that's a lot of Gruntpocalypse on Corvette w/ Armor Lock. 3000 credits for doing something that will earn you 25,000. The challenge reward seems pretty insignificant.

Kornman00
November 11th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Or you know...you could be social and play 7 games of Firefight instead of being a hermit and staying in score attack *cough* jcap *cough*

Futzy
November 11th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure they fucked up and that was supposed to be the weekly and this weeks weekly was supposed to be a daily.

jcap
November 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Or you know...you could be social and play 7 games of Firefight instead of being a hermit and staying in score attack *cough* jcap *cough*
You know that's 7 games without dying for 3 rounds each, right?

It's guaranteed to be more than that if you just die once, however. And thanks to the dumb as fuck quit ban, if you quit even a game of score attack because the game is blown due to one death, you run the risk of getting banned.

People have already hit the daily credit limit attempting to complete the challenge for those reasons.

Futzy
November 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Just went through a whole set and got stuck by the last elite.
Not even going to try anymore.

Arteen
November 11th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Just Hold On is bugged, too. It would give me the fail message when I died in the first round of Firefight, despite matches being three rounds. Is it even possible to complete?

ejburke
November 11th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I'm 7 deathless rounds out of 8 attempts so far. FRG grunt snuck up on me. I was wanting to get to Commander anyway, but I will never attempt this again, unless it's a weekly challenge.

Spartan094
November 11th, 2010, 08:05 PM
It was retarded and should have been the weekly challenge.

jcap
November 11th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Just completed the challenge. 20 games, 0 deaths. Look how smug antisocial gay pro I am. B-)

*goes to troll Bungie forums*

Necr0matic
November 11th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Got "Just Hold On..." but, it wasn't worth it as I got 12,000 something credits DOING IT as opposed to the 3000 it gives you as a bonus.

Kornman00
November 11th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Most challenges tend to be aimed at getting people to work on certain commendations. The challenge gets you 20 perfections closer to your next level which also gives out a bonus. And you get dozens of credits from playing the games leading up until the challenge complete...I don't see why people are bitching about getting cRs. "whaaaaaaaa, I want to be spoon fed cRs without doing any actual work!"

You know that's 7 games without dying for 3 rounds each, right?

It's guaranteed to be more than that if you just die once, however. And thanks to the dumb as fuck quit ban, if you quit even a game of score attack because the game is blown due to one death, you run the risk of getting banned.

People have already hit the daily credit limit attempting to complete the challenge for those reasons.
Yes I know that...which is why I said it.

The quit ban should and does apply to all matchmaking games. You're the dumb-as-fuck one in this equation.

I've never ever hit the credit limit while playing Reach before...and there have been days where I've played 20+ FF games plus dozens of MP games. If they're attempting the challenge that many times and failing until they hit the limit...then they probably suck to begin with.

paladin
November 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
why you rage quite on my brother?

Kornman00
November 11th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I was getting board of reach.

Oh, and there was some random 8 year old in the party ;p

Limited
November 11th, 2010, 11:18 PM
why you rage quite on my brother?
:O Dark Navi is your bro?

ejburke
November 12th, 2010, 01:01 AM
It's like being a kid and your parent offers you a $5 reward if you go earn $50 raking leaves around the neighborhood. Whoop-dee-doo. $55 vs $50. It's kind of patronizing.

::sigh:: 20/20

I'd like to have a "Fucked Challenge" category on Bungie.net, so I can keep track of the stupid shit that I shouldn't have bothered with, but did anyway. And speaking of fucked, the Perfectionist commendation requirements are absurd and outlandish.

Kornman00
November 12th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Yeah, some of the numbers required for some challenges aren't in sync with the others. This was their first go around with such a system so there will be growing pains.

"Checkpoint Reached" :realsmug:

*revert to save* :mech2:

paladin
November 12th, 2010, 03:28 AM
:O Dark Navi is your bro?

Yeah, I was listening to your conversations. He was on my couch playing reach whilst I play FNV on PC

dark navi
November 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Reach sucks. All of my team mates in my party always suck, so we end up running in circles like a two leg dog. :ugh:

Limited
November 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM
For the record I was sucking because invasion sucks balls.

sevlag
November 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
For the record I was sucking because invasion sucks balls.
i like it. just need atleast 6 people

PlasbianX
November 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Weekly update.. armor lock out of arena and jet packs back in..

fml.

Hotrod
November 13th, 2010, 11:15 AM
But it looks like that more challenges can be put in, so that's always a good thing.

DarkHalo003
November 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Weekly update.. armor lock out of arena and jet packs back in..

fml.
Meh, I think for Arena it's necessary mainly because it does become kind of cheap with the way most people use it. When I envision Arena, I think of Armor Abilities that actually require skill to use; Armor Lock and Drop Shield aren't really what I would consider incredibly competitive Armor Abilities for the playlist.

I wouldn't mind Bungie taking Armor Lock out of the Second Phase of Invasion for the Spartans on Spire; if there's 5 seconds left all that's required is an armor lock to continue forward. Doesn't really make a lot of sense if you ask me in terms of balance.

Arteen
November 14th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I hate everything Bungie has done with vehicles in Reach. It's phase 3 of Invasion: Boneyard. I jump in a brand-new Scorpion, drive it through the shield door, and blast an inattentive Wraith that was outside before it can turn to hit me. Before I can fire off my next shot, it hits me and destroys my turret. Now all I can do is wait for him to finish me off because there's fuck-all I can do. What the hell? A brand-new scorpion rendered useless in one hit? Why is it even possible to blow off their turrets?

Kornman00
November 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Well it works great if you want to disable the tank as a strategic weapon while not starting its respawn timer by completely blowing it up. That's what I usually do in BTB, fuck up idling enemy vehicles to the point where they are a few hits to being blown up. They'll stay that way and some fools will get into them and drive off into the action and my team mates or I will take a few shots and BOOM, no more warthog or [mini-]wraith raining on our parade.

DarkHalo003
November 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
If a vehicle gets like that, I just jump in and drive around for the lolz.

Kornman00
November 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I guess it's too bad there's not a :trollface: helmet for you then eh lol

DarkHalo003
November 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I guess it's too bad there's not a :trollface: helmet for you then eh lol
Lol. I thought that was the Recon Helmet?

Okay, who here agrees that DMR starts should at least be reduced in the BTB playlist?

Pros to AR/Pistol:
-Promotes movement and actually tactic in a map.
-You won't get spawn killed as easily (if at all).
-You won't die in five seconds for stepping out of a building.
-It gives more prominence to vehicular combat.

Cons to AR/Pistol:
-It may give too much power too vehicles to not have DMRs immediately.
-Bigger maps fit the range of the DMR.
-Supposedly, having the DMR will protect people against Snipers and Power Weapons. I fail to see this being true though.

For further arguments for and against, visit this thread: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=52678259

Kornman00
November 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
The only time I would like to see non-DMR starts are on maps which don't feature vehicles (unless it's just ghosts/mongeese...I think I could make an exception to them). Typically, if the map doesn't have vehicles, it's some sort of indoor map (ie, countdown).

IMO, AR/Pistols are explicitly anti-personnel. DMR is a swiss army knife that fires bullets and thus works great when it comes down to foot-vs-wheels (or hovers). The pistol's mag is tuned for fighting against foot based enemies. The DMR's larger mag allows it to go up against mid-to-long range foot soldiers but also for countering on the vehicle front as well.

So yeah, indoor BTB may work better with "classic" starts, but keep that crap out of my outdoor BTB carnage.

ejburke
November 15th, 2010, 01:00 AM
You know what would make spawning TOTALLY hassle-free? Safety scissor spawns. Think about it. If half the team is stuck figuring out how they're supposed to kill anyone with their crappy spawn weapon, you can sneak up and club them with an oversized plastic novelty crayon.

L0d3x
November 15th, 2010, 05:01 AM
@DarkHalo

If I don't have a DMR on a BTB map I'll typically feel useless when I spawn and there is no vehicle I can take. You might as well have a wee against the opposition.
But as Kornduder stated, I also can find myself happy with AR/pistol starts in smaller infantry based maps. Heck I even prefer them there.

Necr0matic
November 15th, 2010, 06:57 AM
New daily/weekly challenge(s):

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1650/73060348.png

Hotrod
November 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Finally, a good weekly challenge

L0d3x
November 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
The challenge itself is alright, but I find the 5k credits not really worth the time invested into the challenge.
Heck the entire credit system doesn't motivate me enough to keep playing Reach. I want my Halo2'ish ranks back!

Hotrod
November 15th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Look at it this way, the amount credits you'll get by playing enough games to win 50 of them will be enormous, being a minimum of around 50 000 credits depending on what playlist you're in. Doesn't that seem like a nice amount?

Arteen
November 15th, 2010, 11:41 AM
You also get ~50000 credits from goofing off in 50 straight matches, so effort (and wins) aren't even needed.

Hotrod
November 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, of course, but if you go and play to try to get the challenge, you'll get a shitload of credits anyway.

DarkHalo003
November 15th, 2010, 06:46 PM
@DarkHalo

If I don't have a DMR on a BTB map I'll typically feel useless when I spawn and there is no vehicle I can take. You might as well have a wee against the opposition.
But as Kornduder stated, I also can find myself happy with AR/pistol starts in smaller infantry based maps. Heck I even prefer them there.
I think I mainly just want to have AR/Pistol starts on Spire where there is limited vehicle activity and most vehicles are destroyed by other vehicles or explosives. Spires is the worst map for DMR starts; I am basically spawn-killed every time.

ejburke
November 15th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Maybe they should move the respawn points then. I always put them behind cover in clusters of 4.

DarkHalo003
November 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Maybe they should move the respawn points then. I always put them behind cover in clusters of 4.
Well it's not instant-spawn-killing that irks me; it's basically going ANYWHERE on the map without something that doesn't cover you somewhat decently while people from atop the spire snipe you with the DMR just after you spawned. That's what bothers me. And before you say "Well don't run out into the open" I have to say that I've sprinted my way to cover and end up being killed halfway across the map by some jackwipes that chase you down while the rest of your team is being molested by the same people firing from atop the Spire. Sorry, but explain to me what's balanced about any of that, especially when controlling one area in a SLAYER game means you basically win.

ejburke
November 16th, 2010, 01:05 AM
The AR is a dinosaur of a weapon cliche. It helps nothing. It just masks things, like hiding a fart with a smellier fart. Spire is a very unconventionally designed map and I never found it to be good for much of anything. But AR starts? That's just simple gimping. If I'm going to be gimped, I think I'd rather have my DMR's reticle start randomly dancing around the screen than be saddled with an AR on that map. But then again, I haven't touched MP in weeks.

Pooky
November 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Personally, I'd rather everyone spawned with just pistols and a good amount of reserve ammo. As has been stated, controlling the entire map is a waste of time when everyone spawns with DMRs and all killed players drop DMR ammo. Spawning everyone with pistols would prevent people being helpless, but also give them good reason to make their circuit of the map and collect DMRs and Needle Rifles.

As also previously stated, concentrated DMR spam is far too effective against vehicles for the Hog and Ghost to be anything more than useless gimps in big team games. Pistol only spawns are the way to go.

fake e: also, reticle bloom on headshot weapons can fuck right off. That would solve a lot of problems instantly.

L0d3x
November 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Pooky is absolutely right, pistol is a perfect starting weapon. Combine it with perhaps an AR (thus use classic weapon starting set) and I think it may make BTB games alot more enjoyable.

Kornman00
November 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
If you, after playing Reach, haven't played Halo 1 in a long as time go try it...I did last night and was :trollface:ing with the old pistol.

Oh, and the old fuel rod cannon was fun too

But then the lag started to really get bad and some jackass in the tank was TKing and so the whole awesome nostalgia quickly died down and I went back to work :ugh:.

Kornman00
November 16th, 2010, 02:31 PM
So at this very instance, b.net has the LTC cap initiated again...who's flipping switches at work?

L0d3x
November 16th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Lol there are so much complaint topics on armor lock on bungie.
Also saw a vid in which bloom was removed by modding, that game looked alot more Halo to me.

DarkHalo003
November 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM
The AR is a dinosaur of a weapon cliche. It helps nothing. It just masks things, like hiding a fart with a smellier fart. Spire is a very unconventionally designed map and I never found it to be good for much of anything. But AR starts? That's just simple gimping. If I'm going to be gimped, I think I'd rather have my DMR's reticle start randomly dancing around the screen than be saddled with an AR on that map. But then again, I haven't touched MP in weeks.
It promotes map movement on Spire. And obviously you've never used the AR to its full effectiveness; it's a powerful and useful weapon when used right. It's basic at first glance, but pumping the shots with shorter controlled bursts can result in an easy kill or deal great damage to a player's shield and health.

Bloom makes sense until you reach the DMR. Even for the pistol (which is a 5sk and shouldn't have flawless accuracy) bloom works proportionally; if you time your shots right it's not even a problem. However, the DMR has too random of a projectile error with bloom, which makes it sort of like the Halo 1 AR but with headshots and no full-auto version.

Warsaw
November 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I'm convinced that everyone butthurt about bloom on the headshot weapons is not using them properly. You are probably still trying to fire it at two rounds per second, which just doesn't fly. I have had zero problem placing my shots with both accuracy and precision using the DMR and Needle Rifle. Aside from having a different magazine size, the DMR performs as admirably as it did in the beta. He who places his shots will win against the spammer at DMR appropriate ranges. Otherwise it's whoever gets the first shot/melee in.

As for the balance issues, yeah, I have to agree. Spawning with the most useful weapons in the game makes it vain to go seek out other weapons. C wut they did thar? The real power weapons are treated like normal weapons while all the "specialty" weapons that utterly suck outside of their domain get treated like "power weapons." Good job, Bungie, sucking up to the profags. :downs:

p0lar_bear
November 16th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I'm convinced that everyone butthurt about bloom on the headshot weapons is not using them properly. You are probably still trying to fire it at two rounds per second, which just doesn't fly. I have had zero problem placing my shots with both accuracy and precision using the DMR and Needle Rifle. Aside from having a different magazine size, the DMR performs as admirably as it did in the beta. He who places his shots will win against the spammer at DMR appropriate ranges. Otherwise it's whoever gets the first shot/melee in.

As for the balance issues, yeah, I have to agree. Spawning with the most useful weapons in the game makes it vain to go seek out other weapons. C wut they did thar? The real power weapons are treated like normal weapons while all the "specialty" weapons that utterly suck outside of their domain get treated like "power weapons." Good job, Bungie, sucking up to the profags. :downs:

The problem Pooky and I have with reticle bloom is that we end up getting killed by people spamming DMRs at close-to-mid range and getting lucky headshots all too often. I try that shit, and it never works. It feels like the "penalty" for spamming it is being doled out inconsistently. Counter-Strike's error system was annoying and abusable as all hell, but one thing was certain: fire something faster than you should, and the bullet could land literally anywhere where you were looking. The chances of getting your head blown off by someone spamming an AK full auto was a snowball's chance.

Arteen
November 17th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I find spamming the pistol to be a more reliable way of getting kills than pacing my shots and trying to aim.

Also, I hate the DMR. It's effective range is huge and frustrates me a lot more than BRs ever did.

Warsaw
November 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Auto-spamming with the AK would 90% of the time result in a headshot so long as you were aiming down and on the right side of the target from your perspective. Still very, very abusable. But since they updated the game and the AK has 100% perfect accuracy on the first two shots, you can run around all day popping people in the head with little to no effort thus making auto spamming something that is only done in a panic. With a console-modified crosshair size, the AK is right up there with the AWP and auto-snipers now.

But I digress.

As for people dying from those lucky headshots, the only thing I can tell you is that if you're trying to fight back with the DMR, that's what is getting you killed (at close range). I always have a plasma pistol or some other close range weapon on me, and the plasma pistol is readily available since everyone overlooks it despite its apparentstatus as a power weapon. DMR spammer at close range? No problem, green-beam his ass or send him straight to hell with a grenade and burst of fire. Or, you could throw a grenade and finish him off with a single DMR (or pistol) shot to the head if you must use the DMR up close. Mid-range? DMR will kill faster if you place five shots then if he wastes two magazines spamming. If he's hitting you consistently while spamming at range, then it isn't luck any more, it's skill. I've never seen a DMR shot veer off centre more than twice the reticle diameter, and that is quite controllable. I had no problem dominating with the DMR during the beta and release, and I am not getting killed in bullshit ways by DMR spammers, beta and release.

Honestly, just because you can't get a regular 25:1 k/d ratio doesn't mean the game is borked.

annihilation
November 17th, 2010, 12:57 AM
I wish they would have just given the guns actual recoil.

Warsaw
November 17th, 2010, 01:20 AM
What difference does it make if the gun jumps up on your screen or not? The end result is still the same: an increasingly randomized spread of bullets the faster you fire. Or are you referring to the usual recoil effect used in games like Call of Duty or Bad Comapny? That wouldn't work because you don't have an irons system to counter it; it would be like trying to use the M82 without scoping in. That, or Bungie would be twats and do what they did with the SMGs in Halo 2 and 3.

E: You would also be surprised to know that most kills obtained in hardcore mode are done without bringing up irons at all, it's just spamming the automatic fire at close range. Look, we're back at square one.

annihilation
November 17th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I was referring to the recoild in games like BFBC2.
You make a good point though.

SonicXtreme
November 17th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Was playing last night with a few of my friends, we all got really annoyed at the DMR shit and abuse of the power weapons on certain maps, so we decided to try out H3 again, never had so much fun going back to an old game in my entire life, the weapons actually kill shit quicker and easier in H3 than they do in Reach x.x

DarkHalo003
November 17th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Was playing last night with a few of my friends, we all got really annoyed at the DMR shit and abuse of the power weapons on certain maps, so we decided to try out H3 again, never had so much fun going back to an old game in my entire life, the weapons actually kill shit quicker and easier in H3 than they do in Reach x.x
Halo 3 was problem the funniest and most fun game I have played for 3 years. I never went into a BTB game and either didn't laugh uncontrollably or didn't enjoy it at some point. Now, the DMR (which kills faster than the BR) is crapping up BTB when you start with it because it's no fair for infantry not exactly proficient with it or people are just trying to find a different way to play. On Hemorrhage, I can understand why it'd make sense since you're trying vigorously to traverse across the map and people are usually half-a-map's length away. But for Spire and Boneyard, where it's just kind of unnecessary and too overbearing to traverse a map with a mini-sniper hittng you every five seconds, different kinds of starts would be useful. I think if they should either change up the starting Loadouts with varying DMR and AR/Pistol Loadouts (like give Sprint to AR and Jetpack to DMR), added in more DMRs and NRs to the maps and promote AR/Pistol starts, or even allowed NR starts instead of DMR starts. Any of these solutions would fit in comparison to the recent installment. They all contain BALANCE.

Hotrod
November 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Halo 3 was problem the funniest and most fun game I have played for 3 years. I never went into a BTB game and either didn't laugh uncontrollably or didn't enjoy it at some point. Now, the DMR (which kills faster than the BR) is crapping up BTB when you start with it because it's no fair for infantry not exactly proficient with it or people are just trying to find a different way to play. On Hemorrhage, I can understand why it'd make sense since you're trying vigorously to traverse across the map and people are usually half-a-map's length away. But for Spire and Boneyard, where it's just kind of unnecessary and too overbearing to traverse a map with a mini-sniper hittng you every five seconds, different kinds of starts would be useful. I think if they should either change up the starting Loadouts with varying DMR and AR/Pistol Loadouts (like give Sprint to AR and Jetpack to DMR), added in more DMRs and NRs to the maps and promote AR/Pistol starts, or even allowed NR starts instead of DMR starts. Any of these solutions would fit in comparison to the recent installment. They all contain BALANCE.
Pretty much this. The DMR really gets on my nerves in any type of game when I'm on the complete other side of the map and still get hit by 3 people with DMRs.

Also, the spawning still fucking sucks. I can't count how many times I've spawned right in front of an enemy who's in the middle of shooting a DMR, ending up with me being killed within a second or two. And the opposite happens all the time as well, I always spawn right behind enemies as well. On that note, what the fuck is up with the game spawning you on the complete other side of the map of where your team is? Especially in Team Doubles or Multi Team. You'd think Bungie would have learned from Halo 3...It seems that they haven't fixed the problems people were complaining about the most. If anything, they've made spawning 50 times worse.

/rant

p0lar_bear
November 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM
You'd think Bungie would have learned from Halo 3...It seems that they haven't fixed the problems people were complaining about the most. If anything, they've made spawning 50 times worse.

/rant

Upon jumping down from the top of the grass ramp in Reflection, someone literally spawned in front of me as I landed.

Three times.

Kornman00
November 17th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I got a triple kill in team swat on sword base where that glass overhang meets the staircase coming up to the lift area. The fourth guy killed me but was then slaughtered by my 3 other team mates who were behind me.

Before he died however, those three guys I killed spawned under the glass area at the foot of the steps.

It cost the other team the game for sure. That was a fucked up spawn for them.

Kornman00
November 18th, 2010, 01:56 AM
I really want to know how those Psyc Profiles work when you're in a party. I think it goes off the party leader but if that's the case, it's like a back door for assholes.

Pooky
November 18th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Honestly, just because you can't get a regular 25:1 k/d ratio doesn't mean the game is borked.

The game is borked because it's tedious, frustrating, and inconsistent. Despite how much Halo 3 annoyed me at times, I have to agree with the others that its Big Team gameplay is much superior.

Reach just doesn't feel like Halo. It feels like Bungie tried to copy a bunch of stuff from different games and insert it into their own, the end result being a game sorely lacking in identity. Might as well be Call of Halo: Gears of Honor.

Kornman00
November 18th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Uh...ok

Reach doesn't feel like Halo 1. Halo 1 doesn't feel like Reach. They're two different games. From two different periods of gaming history.

And I say Halo 1, because everyone always ultimately ends up comparing every other Halo game to it. Learn to let things go people. If you really want to give in to your nostalgia, go back to playing Halo 1. Halo 3 is still pretty active, just as Halo 2 continued to stay active until last spring.

People are complaining like it's going to cause a magical patch to spawn over XBL which will make Reach the game that they think it should be. Microsoft will only make games which will sell. Bungie will only make games which they want to play. End of story.

tl;dr: Go play a different game if you don't like something about Reach. Still want to play Reach? Deal with it. A game, is a game, is a game. Play it or leave it.

annihilation
November 18th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I really want to know how those Psyc Profiles work when you're in a party. I think it goes off the party leader but if that's the case, it's like a back door for assholes.

I'm almost certain it goes on whataver trait is most popular on the team; party leaders don't affect it then any more than a normal player.

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Uh...ok

Reach doesn't feel like Halo 1. Halo 1 doesn't feel like Reach. They're two different games. From two different periods of gaming history.

And I say Halo 1, because everyone always ultimately ends up comparing every other Halo game to it. Learn to let things go people. If you really want to give in to your nostalgia, go back to playing Halo 1. Halo 3 is still pretty active, just as Halo 2 continued to stay active until last spring.

People are complaining like it's going to cause a magical patch to spawn over XBL which will make Reach the game that they think it should be. Microsoft will only make games which will sell. Bungie will only make games which they want to play. End of story.

tl;dr: Go play a different game if you don't like something about Reach. Still want to play Reach? Deal with it. A game, is a game, is a game. Play it or leave it.and yet people still continue to whine about AL/bloom/whatever

BTW came across a topic on Bnet made by shock120, alot of people still don't seem to get that DLC armor is impossible when certain people in the community have picked apart engines from previous installments of the same series

Pooky
November 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Uh...ok

tl;dr: Go play a different game if you don't like something about Reach. Still want to play Reach? Deal with it. A game, is a game, is a game. Play it or leave it.

The hell are you even on about KM? If you don't understand criticism, I don't understand people who get butt hurt when someone doesn't like their favorite game. There's no point to having a discussion thread just so everyone can go 'omg this gaem is so graet'.

I don't even have Reach anymore, I sold it because it was so bland and disappointing. Reach really doesn't have the "Halo" feel that every game in the series has had up until now, and I for one was thoroughly un-entertained. I didn't say anything about Halo 1 either, so you can drop the 'durr nostalgia' crap too.

tl;dr Don't make stupid assumptions because someone's criticizing a game in that game's discussion thread.

p.s.

I feel I should add, though I've said this before. Reach did do everything right in the features department. I'm not denying that. Unfortunately the one aspect which they missed, in my opinion, is the most important. The core gameplay mechanics in Halo Reach are to me, simply not as fun as any previous Halo game. As Warsaw said before, the whole thing feels over-engineered and overcomplicated. Halo 1 did, despite some people's idiotic comments about 'nostalgia', have a very well balanced and simple set of tools.

A game can have all the nice features in the world, but if the core gameplay sucks, people are going to lose interest. I have, and many people I know have sold their copies of Reach as well. In the future, I might come back to it, as Bungie have expressed a willingness to change and improve their games in the past. For now though, it's Black Ops for me.

Shock120
November 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
and yet people still continue to whine about AL/bloom/whatever

BTW came across a topic on Bnet made by shock120, alot of people still don't seem to get that DLC armor is impossible when certain people in the community have picked apart engines from previous installments of the same seriesugh.

Continuing from your quote, another topic arisen, Should Bungie add a *Custom Game Option* that disables bloom? (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53114095), and is actually using his "programming" logic, and qualifications, I know what to say, but I'm going to be lazy now. -_-
Thank you to those who had the time to post in my topic, I don't feel lonely anymore. :D

Hotrod
November 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love Reach to death and will most likely be playing it for a long time, but that doesn't mean that it's perfect and that nothing can be improved upon. I'm sure the things I've mentioned could be fixed in a patch, which I wouldn't be surprised about if one came out soon.

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM
ugh.

Continuing from your quote, another topic arisen, Should Bungie add a *Custom Game Option* that disables bloom? (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53114095), and is actually using his "programming" logic, and qualifications, I know what to say, but I'm going to be lazy now. -_-
Thank you to those who had the time to post in my topic, I don't feel lonely anymore. :Din order to remove bloom wouldn't every map need to be recompiled with the new tags? seems like a waste of time/effort/money

im ok with Ret bloom, it CAN be a headache sometimes but hey every game has that one feature players hate

Shock120
November 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM
or they can patch one opcode? and disable it all completely.

Edit: I think I actually shot his topic down. :D

Kornman00
November 18th, 2010, 03:35 PM
The hell are you even on about KM?
Sorry, but your post kinda broke my camel's back with all the posts before it where 90% were just :waaaaaaaaaaaaaah:. I didn't quote you because the entire post wasn't just about yours or just directed at you. I'm not saying Reach is perfect either.

That's all I have to say about that.

Futzy
November 18th, 2010, 04:38 PM
U GUYS SO MAD A BUNGLE

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
or they can patch one opcode? and disable it all completely.

Edit: I think I actually shot his topic down. :D
i really don't give a fuck about bloom, doesn't bug me that much as much as that spire spawn that puts you close to the cliff edge.

anyways im thinking of forcefully dragging some Bungie staffer into this because half these kids would fall under authoritative logical fallacy

Shock120
November 18th, 2010, 05:47 PM
i really don't give a fuck about bloom, doesn't bug me that much as much as that spire spawn that puts you close to the cliff edge.

anyways im thinking of forcefully dragging some Bungie staffer into this because half these kids would fall under authoritative logical fallacyoh, I thought you were gonna call their parents. xD
nice joke I did.

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM
oh, I thought you were gonna call their parents. xD
nice joke I did.
message sent to a staffer, now to wait if they come in and crush children's dreams or if i get denied

Shock120
November 18th, 2010, 05:55 PM
message sent to a staffer, now to wait if they come in and crush children's dreams or if i get deniedIt also includes that so called programmer. xD

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 05:58 PM
It also includes that so called programmer. xD
i just called on urk..there i said it, i have no fucking idea what his role is in halo's development, but he is one of the only bungie guys i've seen post in the forums

p0lar_bear
November 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Well, considering that we've referenced Kornman a few times in the thread with links and Urk thinks that his digging in the map for the New Alexandria script was "weak. sauce," who knows what'll happen?

Shock120
November 18th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I am so annoyed, I have never been so annoyed, I never thought a programmer like him could exist.
Teltaur must be annoyed too. -_-

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM
well i look at it this way, urk really can't lie to the community as that would make him look like an idiot down the road near the end of reach's lifespan (ill even save his quote should he step in).
but if he comes forth and verifies what is known as fact by people who have worked with the engines...then we'll see an end to "we need custom armor"

Shock120
November 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I already did my bit, I'm posting it everywhere...

sevlag
November 18th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I already did my bit, I'm posting it everywhere...
same

Donut
November 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM
this kid is unbelievable. his "proof" would almost make sense were it not for the way halo is structured. the voting is what i cant get over though. people are saying no, but he refuses to count their "no" vote unless they provide an argument that isnt "disproven" by the OP. well, the guy running the vote IS the OP, and he has this "holier than thou" attitude about his opinion that makes it virtually impossible for anybody to get a no vote in.

but any schmo can say yes and get counted.

Teltaur
November 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I am so annoyed, I have never been so annoyed, I never thought a programmer like him could exist.
Teltaur must be annoyed too. -_-
Not really annoyed as much as I just hate ignorance. I'm completely fine when someone doesn't understand something, but when they refuse to understand that they, in their infinite knowledge, could possibly be wrong in any way whatsoever, that's where the issue comes in.

I mean, I'm not going to even try acting like I'm some expert in the Blam! engine, but even I know that he's basing everything he's said so far simply on "all game engines are the same, I know some game engines, therefore I know how all engines work"

Arteen
November 18th, 2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53050624
Daily Reach population since Oct 29th
Oct 29: 1,180,634
Nov 17: 581,158

lol

Hotrod
November 19th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Damn, it sure has taken a hit...kinda sucks

ThePlague
November 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM
I haven't played on-line myself for awhile. It just got too annoying, for reasons posted in this topic before.

Kornman00
November 19th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Trying to explain something to the average b.net user is like trying to teach Helen Keller how to be an eye and ear doctor: you get no where, fast.

Spartan094
November 19th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Most B.net kiddies are stupid, hasn't this been said a long time ago, like really a long time ago.

sevlag
November 19th, 2010, 07:21 AM
still no reply from urk the dumbass...can't they be like EA for once and be completely heartless and crush the hopes and dreams of children

Shock120
November 19th, 2010, 11:55 AM
still no reply from urk the dumbass...can't they be like EA for once and be completely heartless and crush the hopes and dreams of childrenoh nevermind him, If I were a company I wouldn't go about telling them the flaws, and kill their hopes and dreams.

It's like someone telling a 5 year old that Santa isn't real.

I hit the top topics list (http://www.bungie.net/forums/toptopics.aspx)

Anyway, during the battle of Reach forums, many children died that day, I was glad to be the main rocket which killed them. :D

Lost Soul, was shown the way (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=52710776&postRepeater1-p=12#53168048)
He thanked me, as I showed him the light (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53016202&postRepeater1-p=19#53168306)

Pooky
November 19th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Holy shit, that's the first I've been on b.net in a long time. I hope I didn't catch the stupid.

p0lar_bear
November 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm done with Shock's thread. Too many rabid xbros and Bungie zealots to get a point across, there's no argument: just valid points being swarmed by a mass gang rape of weak fallacies. I don't think I've seen so much abuse of the undistributed middle in my life.

Shock120
November 19th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Holy shit, that's the first I've been on b.net in a long time. I hope I didn't catch the stupid.It seems my topic is forming an impenetrable barrier against the stupid, however it is ineffective against trolls.

My post hasn't even been reported either. :D

jcap
November 19th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Everyone gang up and report all idiots' posts :iamafag:

Shock120
November 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Everyone gang up and report all idiots' posts :iamafag:Great idea. :D

Hotrod
November 19th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Everyone gang up and report all idiots' posts :iamafag:
I approve of this post :D

Shock120
November 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM
On another matter, it seems a halomodder is having too much fun without Cortana,
Yup, Captain Keyes is the worst Pilot (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53174921&viewreplies=true#) and it doesn't seem like this will be banned for. xD

sevlag
November 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
still no word, guess urk has put his tail between his legs on this one

Shock120
November 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
still no word, guess urk has put his tail between his legs on this oneI would like to post this everywhere on all sites ever associated with Halo reach.
Whether it be forums, game reviewers..anything. :D
Just give me the links, and I will personally post it myself. -_-

sevlag
November 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I would like to post this everywhere on all sites ever associated with Halo reach.
Whether it be forums, game reviewers..anything. :D
Just give me the links, and I will personally post it myself. -_-
hell people on halomaps might be smarter than those on bnet

also, post it on /v/..let a shitstorm commence, link them to the bungie topic

Shock120
November 19th, 2010, 10:00 PM
hell people on halomaps might be smarter than those on bnet

also, post it on /v/..let a shitstorm commence, link them to the bungie topicI am not registered to them. I will do Halomaps. :D
Please post there, for me and link meh.

sevlag
November 19th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I am not registered to them. I will do Halomaps. :D
Please post there, for me and link meh.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/

just dont even put your name in in the name box

Kornman00
November 20th, 2010, 02:36 AM
still no word, guess urk has put his tail between his legs on this one
I think Urk is thinking more about his current vacation than bnet...or anything Halo related...or anything even work related.

Futzy
November 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I think Urk is thinking more about his current vacation than bnet...or anything Halo related...or anything even work related.
He hasn't been posting on GAF either, he's probably busy playing the new maps with press etc. That's his job.

=sw=warlord
November 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM
This should get some feathers flying:iamafag: (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53191364&viewreplies=true)

Futzy
November 20th, 2010, 09:23 AM
This should get some feathers flying:iamafag: (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53191364&viewreplies=true)
1 hit with DMR + Grenade = Death.
I'm pretty sure thats how it was in Halo 1.

If you want the radius back to what is was in the Beta you are insane.

Shock120
November 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
If you want the radius back to what is was in the Beta you are insane.

Nope.

The Beta.

Tactical nuke.

/threadsounds right. :-3

Double post, guys I r liek in trouble what do I do?

re: re: The Halo community doesnt even know what Bungie can make as DLC?
There's only one way to settle this. 1v1 match. Melees only.I've never been in e-fight, wanting me to game fight to settle something, is it like pokemon, where I win steal their money?

Hotrod
November 20th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I've never been in e-fight, wanting me to game fight to settle something, is it like pokemon, where I win steal their money?
Nah, it's just so you can destroy them in a game they think they're so good at :P

Oh, and while we're talking about things being too powerful, and I the only one that thinks that the DMR should have stayed at 12 rounds per clip instead of being brought up to 15?

jcap
November 20th, 2010, 11:30 AM
DMR should stay 15, pistol need to be 12. Either that, or completely nerf the bloom on the pistol.

Hotrod
November 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM
DMR should stay 15, pistol need to be 12. Either that, or completely nerf the bloom on the pistol.
That could work too, but if they brought down the ammo in the DMR it would discourage people from spamming it at close range as much as they do now. Nerfing the bloom on the pistol would make people use it more at close range than the DMR as well, fixing the problem even more.

Futzy
November 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM
That could work too, but if they brought down the ammo in the DMR it would discourage people from spamming it at close range as much as they do now. Nerfing the bloom on the pistol would make people use it more at close range than the DMR as well, fixing the problem even more.
But then they'd be the same gun.

Shock120
November 20th, 2010, 06:11 PM
aww, Dennis deleted my post on halomaps.org :'(

sevlag
November 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
aww, Dennis deleted my post on halomaps.org :'(
dennis is terrible anyways

Spartan094
November 20th, 2010, 07:13 PM
dennis is terrible anyways
That's why we at modacity don't talk about halomaps, it's a bad site and hosts so many bad people.

jcap
November 20th, 2010, 07:14 PM
But then they'd be the same gun.
If the ammo was increased and the bloom was the same, they would still be different. DMR has great precision at long distances, and a slightly higher rate of fire. The pistol has shit precision at close range, even with zoom.

If the bloom was decreased but ammo was kept the same, it might be about as powerful as the DMR, except it wouldn't be good at long range, it would still be less accurate than the DMR, and it has less than half the clip of the DMR.

So while damage is about the same, the two weapons have very different uses and behavior.

E: Also don't talk down about other sites/people. While I don't exactly see eye-to-eye with him and I don't like many members of his site, I still have a great amount of respect for him.

Warsaw
November 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Well there's yall's problem, thinking the DMR has a higher rate of fire than the pistol. No it doesn't. It has a much slower effective rate of fire. There; argument for bloom borking DMR = killed.

Also, I wish the DMR had 12 rounds like in the beta. The reason they changed it was because people were complaining about not being able to make enough kills on a single magazine. The problem was that they were all placing body shots when the gun is designed to reward those who make the effort to place headshots. Bungie even implied this several times when they talked about the DMR pre-beta.

=sw=warlord
November 20th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Well there's yall's problem, thinking the DMR has a higher rate of fire than the pistol. No it doesn't. It has a much slower effective rate of fire. There; argument for bloom borking DMR = killed.

Also, I wish the DMR had 12 rounds like in the beta. The reason they changed it was because people were complaining about not being able to make enough kills on a single magazine. The problem was that they were all placing body shots when the gun is designed to reward those who make the effort to place headshots. Bungie even implied this several times when they talked about the DMR pre-beta.
And yet the assault rifle can barely get a kill with a entire mag...

Kornman00
November 21st, 2010, 02:15 AM
You're obviously using it wrong

I have come to the conclusion that people can't evolve with each new game. Therefore, I purpose we bork (read: kill) everyone who has whined about tactics which they think are underpowered or overpowered. There. Problem solved; no more whiners, no more complaints about bloom, people can get on with their lives (or meet their maker :iamafag:).

annihilation
November 21st, 2010, 03:53 AM
You scare me when you talk like that.

Futzy
November 21st, 2010, 07:08 AM
The problem for me with reach is objective games. The weapon set is the most balanced of the series. Probably of any game I've ever played.
Objective for me is completely broken. There's no on screen indication that your flag is being carried etc like there was in H3 and 2. Making it worse, the flag indicator doesn't show up half the time wen your flag or the enemies flag is dropped, so you have no idea where it is.
And then on top of all that AAs just shit on everything and make what was a tactical use of equipment to get the flag or any other objective in the game (where the fuck is assault in Reach?) into a shitfest of randomness.
It really just results into an unfun standoff in which no team can win unless they are terribly unbalanced.

Kornman00
November 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
I stay out of Team Obj. as I have never found any fun in the 4v4 objective matches it provides. Big team, multiteam and rumble pit get some decent CTF and oddball/king matches though.

=sw=warlord
November 21st, 2010, 09:00 AM
Y

I have come to the conclusion that people can't evolve with each new game. Therefore, I purpose we bork (read: kill) everyone who has whined about tactics which they think are underpowered or overpowered. There. Problem solved; no more whiners, no more complaints about bloom, people can get on with their lives (or meet their maker :iamafag:).

And I propose we kill anyone who bitches about forge variants on foundry [IE: grenanade] or any other forge variant used in match making including special one off's IE: Bungie VS World.:haw:

Shock120
November 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
Those, gamespot ads for Halo Reach's Noble Map Pack, are soo childish and fucking annoying. -_-
Everyone agrees :D

Hotrod
November 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
I haven't seen any of the Gamespot ads, so I wouldn't know. *shrugs*

thehoodedsmack
November 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
I think he means this:

qQUjqjNJ1IU

On another note, I watched the official trailer for the Noble Map Pack, and it actually makes the game look really fun:

xrYvjvTwG3o

Kornman00
November 21st, 2010, 10:55 AM
And I propose we kill anyone who bitches about forge variants on foundry [IE: grenanade] or any other forge variant used in match making including special one off's IE: Bungie VS World.:haw:
For someone who is suppose to be "English", you sure don't know how to use "IE" (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ie).

Don't worry, I'm sure Limited will cut your throat as gentle as he can when the Queen gives the order to OFF WITH YOUR HEAD.

=sw=warlord
November 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
For someone who is suppose to be "English", you sure don't know how to use "IE" (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/ie).

Don't worry, I'm sure Limited will cut your throat as gentle as he can when the Queen gives the order to OFF WITH YOUR HEAD.
Damn shame the queen got the flu and has seemingly lost her voice permanently.:haw:

Pooky
November 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
You're obviously using it wrong

I have come to the conclusion that I don't find Reach multiplayer entertaining, as have the majority of people I game with. I vote we bork (read: kill) everyone who doesn't share our opinion about this online video game.

Kornman00
November 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
Damn shame the queen got the flu and has seemingly lost her voice permanently.:haw:
Damn shame (for you) orders are given by word of pen, not by word of mouth.

":haw:"

I have come to the conclusion that I don't find Reach multiplayer entertaining, as have the majority of people I game with. I vote we bork (read: kill) everyone who doesn't share our opinion about this online video game.
http://www.whatcracksmeup.com/uploads/310NiggaPlease.jpg

Spartan094
November 21st, 2010, 08:09 PM
Lol korn.

What urks me is how when I play a game of team swat or invasion the dumbass teammate goes in front of me while shooting and he gets killed by me. It's like everybodys fucking dream to see the boot option to a player, well this happened 4 straight games :lolugh: and I got temp banned from MM.

Damn kiddies.

sevlag
November 21st, 2010, 09:01 PM
Lol korn.

What urks me is how when I play a game of team swat or invasion the dumbass teammate goes in front of me while shooting and he gets killed by me. It's like everybodys fucking dream to see the boot option to a player, well this happened 4 straight games :lolugh: and I got temp banned from MM.

Damn kiddies.i've jsut been playing MT with a pal of mine and going for rear admiral.

never play a 4 v 4 playlist without a full team, you will get stuck with an idiot.

me and two other guys decided to do snipers, random on our team never helped us, only went after guys that we had weakened in a fight or that had killed us AFTER we had weakened him...fucker also took 5 of my assassinations

Pooky
November 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
Should have expected dumb image macros from you, KM00. :downs:

Kornman00
November 22nd, 2010, 02:40 AM
Should have expected dumb image macros from you, KM00. :downs:
Expect...the unexpected :downs:

Pooky
November 22nd, 2010, 04:31 AM
Long as I'm here, Black Ops has the shittiest maps and spawning I've ever seen in anything, and it's still more fun than Reach. Kthxbai :)

=sw=warlord
November 22nd, 2010, 05:46 AM
Now this is a weekly challenge; complete 16 daily challenges this week for 16K Cr.

jcap
November 22nd, 2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah, they finally got the weekly challenge right.

Futzy
November 22nd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Kornman, you wanted a video of how to Nightfall in less than five minutes? I just did it today for the challenge.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10109197&player=Mr%20Kwatz
Its rendering now

=sw=warlord
November 22nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
Kornman, you wanted a video of how to Nightfall in less than five minutes? I just did it today for the challenge.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10109197&player=Mr%20Kwatz
Its rendering now

You're welcome.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5361/45063705.jpg

Futzy
November 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
You're welcome.

Oh, someone on GAF was going to render it, I assumed it was him. Thanks!

Ellis
November 23rd, 2010, 03:38 AM
lol Nice weekly challenge. It sadly isn't enough to tempt me from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer right now, or L4D2 =\ I'm really busy with studies so I'm taking it easy on my gaming. Can't afford to fail a class just because I want to play Reach or something. :P

Shock120
November 27th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Does the VIP gametype exist in Halo Reach? (I don't mean left over files, I mean gametype globals or w/e)
I just need to know. ;D

Hotrod
November 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Nope, VIP was taken out for some reason. I always loved playing that in Halo 3 though.

Kornman00
November 28th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I can't wait for the new map pack and hopefully some cool new forge variants to come out...I can't even play thru a whole game anymore without feeling bored straight out of my mind.

=sw=warlord
November 28th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I can't wait for the new map pack and hopefully some cool new forge variants to come out...I can't even play thru a whole game anymore without feeling bored straight out of my mind.

Looking at your stats, I'm not surprised it looks like you've burned yourself out.
I mean, you've nearly maxed out the majority of your commendations in all three sectors.

DarkHalo003
November 28th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Just play Invasion and Living Dead. That's all I do anyways. That or campaign sheerly because the campaign is rather addicting on Heroic+ this time around.

Kornman00
November 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I've burned myself out on the stuff they've been using for player investments the past 2.5 months. The only thing that was motivating me before was getting to GEN so I could have the armor config I wanted. Now I don't have a general motivation to just play. Daily challenges may give me some brief motivation (duh, they're there to give some kind of daily reason to play)...but it's still the SSDD.

To top it off, there is a complete and utter lack for playlist fixes. They (MS/343/Bungie) fix-up Zealot...but haven't done shit for other maps which people get on top of or hide in some cranny and snipe (looking at you Bloodgulch. Look at you Boardwalk and Asylum in Living Dead).

If campaign didn't rob you of cR after you finish Bronze then I would play it legitly. I tried that for a while even after I was past Bronze on a few comms. Now instead, I just farm to get what little cR I can now get out of it. What the hell was the point in giving campaign commendations if they were just going to castrate it at Bronze? It's like working for someone who only pays you in yearly bonuses instead of wages PLUS yearly bonuses. Why work for them when you can work for someone else who does both full time instead of just for the first year?

I think Reach is suffering from the same issues H2V had: administration issues. Bungie has moved on. MS is of course MS. 343 is...well I'm not even sure what to hell to call them. They're guilty until proven innocent to me.

I look forward to Grifball and hopefully a dedicated Race playlist...the new maps will probably add some much needed variety too, but hopefully they're followed up with some new Forge variants. Signs of good faith from 343 would be maintenance to Reach, not just that little thing they call Waypoint. Unless they waited until now to get familiar with the engine so they can even do future maintenance...which is still not a sign of good faith. Unless they didn't have the man power to even train people on the engine...which is still just a sign of bad faith on MS and 343 management's part.

For me, contingency plans for Reach is MS's third strike in batting for Team Halo. They must have ate some of my Weak. Sauce. If they had read the cooking instructions on the bottle they would have known they had to preheat to 350 first.

[/rant which isn't about some "flawed" gameplay, go figure]

Futzy
November 28th, 2010, 12:40 PM
One of the guys heading griffball was in the gaf customs last night and was talking about it being in matchmaking. They're going to have an action sack playlist like in halo 3 but with more community stuff soon.

Arteen
November 28th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I kind of want Bungie to move on already and give 343GS full control of Reach.

Kornman00
November 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I think "full responsibility" would be better. Better to say that is, maybe not better for Reach.

DarkHalo003
November 28th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Besides Frankie, are there really any original Bungie-Halo employees at 343I? Just curious considering they'll be the new Halo producers.

Futzy
November 28th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Besides Frankie, are there really any original Bungie-Halo employees at 343I? Just curious considering they'll be the new Halo producers.
Yes there a few people from bungie that wanted to continue working on halo and switched over. Don't remember their names.

ejburke
November 28th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Yes, 343 and MS are so very community-friendly. HEY, ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY SOME (soon-to-be) STAT-LESS HALO WARS!?

jcap
November 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
My friend played Halo Wars like 16 hours a day, even losing sleep, just to get to his General rating so he could unlock the achievement and have 100% complete gamerscore in all of the Halo games before Reach came out.

He's just a little pissed.

Warsaw
November 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM
So, I was playing some matchmaking last night, and I ran across the worst case of tampering I have ever seen in a Halo game and Xbox Live in general. Guy's gamertag is "| 3D |" and he had both a lagswitch and an aimbot going on at the same time; I've never seen such jaggy movements and awareness of every player's exact location at all times on the entire map. Even threw grenades in places where he should not have known there was somebody, period, since there were no motion trackers. I check his profile, and turns out that he's MLG. Who'da thunk it? :downs:

ejburke
November 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM
That's Microsoft's problem -- they cut and they run. Hey, did anyone hear that they've rededicated themselves to PC gaming for the 14th time? The previous 13 were ill-conceived abortions, devised by flatulent howler monkeys, but I have high hopes that this time will be different (no, I don't).

I'm not convinced that Microsoft has the culture to foster internal studios that can produce AAA games. Bungie had to fight to retain its identity. 343 doesn't have an identity. They might as well be Hired Gun II.

Warsaw
November 28th, 2010, 05:52 PM
To be fair, you have to give them credit for their Flight Simulator series. It has remained the most complete and highest-rated flight sim so far.

ejburke
November 28th, 2010, 06:19 PM
The Flight simulator guys get left alone, sort of like MS' trophy wife. And that application has a long history of iteration dating back to the 70's. Notice I said application, rather than game. When I think of Microsoft Games Studio, I think of MechAssault, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun. Decent games, but that's about all you can say about them.

Kornman00
November 28th, 2010, 07:10 PM
They might as well be Hired Gun II.
aaaaaaaaaaaand Frankieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Oh wait, and who?

Maybe 343i will make a single game then get broken up, with whatever remaining people being divvied up among the rest of MGS, kinda like HG1 oh, and Ensemble!

343 Guilty until proven Innocent Spark.

=sw=warlord
November 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I personally think Microsoft are just as bad as Activision in term's with how they will literally milk their franchises.
Look at it this way, Last year there were two Halo releases, this year there was Halo legends as well as Reach.
As much as I like the Halo series, I would much much rather prefer quality over quantity.
What's the point of running a franchise if you plan on beating the dead horse until it's bones start to show?

What's even worse is Microsoft have proven themselves more than happy to buy out entire studios outright, use them to make a game for another franchise and then liquidate that studio while absorbing the studios IP assets.

In short, I miss the day's where publishers were purely for publishing content onto developers supported mediums not today's standard of absorbing studios and then disposing of the people who made the IP the publisher literally thrives of.

Warsaw
November 28th, 2010, 09:38 PM
The Flight simulator guys get left alone, sort of like MS' trophy wife. And that application has a long history of iteration dating back to the 70's. Notice I said application, rather than game. When I think of Microsoft Games Studio, I think of MechAssault, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun. Decent games, but that's about all you can say about them.

Simulation is still a category of videogame, though your point is understood.

DarkHalo003
November 28th, 2010, 09:44 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaand Frankieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Oh wait, and who?

Maybe 343i will make a single game then get broken up, with whatever remaining people being divvied up among the rest of MGS, kinda like HG1 oh, and Ensemble!

343 Guilty until proven Innocent Spark.
Upon extended though, I now realize how stunning it is that Ensemble broke up. They brought so much to the table in terms of RTS; why the hell did they break up?

If Hired Gun is what 343I turns out to be, then I swear I will probably never buy another Halo PC game again. In other words, I'm waiting a week before I buy any PC material 343 happens to offer.

Arteen
November 29th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I think "full responsibility" would be better. Better to say that is, maybe not better for Reach.
Since I don't care much for Reach anymore, I can't say it matters to me if 343 makes Reach worse, if there's a slight chance they can make it better. Right now, I'm not particularly satisfied with the support we're getting from Bungie, and considering all of their inane gameplay design decisions in Reach, I don't trust their ability to create quality content anymore.

"Ooh, let's hire some guy from FASA as our lead sandbox designer! Because Shadowrun was such a critical and commercial success and FASA wasn't closed a few months after its release or anything like that!"

Kornman00
November 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Upon extended though, I now realize how stunning it is that Ensemble broke up. They brought so much to the table in terms of RTS; why the hell did they break up?
Errr, they didn't break up...MS closed their studio...kinda like how they're closing the site

"Ooh, let's hire some guy from FASA as our lead sandbox designer! Because Shadowrun was such a critical and commercial success and FASA wasn't closed a few months after its release or anything like that!"
No one ever seems to want to remember him for Crimson Skies...an airplane based game...aeroplane. Hmmmm, wonder what Bungie is working on next...

He and his team made the space combat in Reach work pretty well didn't he?

Arteen
November 29th, 2010, 10:43 AM
The space combat in Reach was shallow, boring, repetitive and tedious, and I try to skip it whenever I play that level. Space combat is completely tangential to the core Halo experience anyway, like a glorified mini-game.

ejburke
November 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM
He was just keeping Jaime Griesemer's seat warm. I wouldn't be surprised if Sage moves on from Bungie, unless Jaime is moving on from sandbox lead into a producer role. The space combat was pleasant, but I think it needs to stay in a supporting role. Too much exposure will surely.... expose.... it.

Did anybody do that challenge where you had to shoot the drop pods? There must be a lot of assistance when shooting ships and none when shooting those things.

jcap
November 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
So, I was playing some matchmaking last night, and I ran across the worst case of tampering I have ever seen in a Halo game and Xbox Live in general. Guy's gamertag is "| 3D |" and he had both a lagswitch and an aimbot going on at the same time; I've never seen such jaggy movements and awareness of every player's exact location at all times on the entire map. Even threw grenades in places where he should not have known there was somebody, period, since there were no motion trackers. I check his profile, and turns out that he's MLG. Who'da thunk it? :downs:
Put the film on your file share and link here.

Hey, did anyone hear that they've rededicated themselves to PC gaming for the 14th time? The previous 13 were ill-conceived abortions, devised by flatulent howler monkeys, but I have high hopes that this time will be different (no, I don't).
When was this announced? I know Microsoft said this back when Fable III was announced for the PC and Xbox 360. Since then, Fable III's PC launch was postponed to an undetermined date and they haven't announced any other games coming to the PC. Great effort, guys!

E: I know this is going even further off topic, but check this out. Looks like Microsoft even removed H2V from their catalog of Games for Windows - LIVE games! Isn't it great to know they are even supporting their flagship series this well?

Catalog: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/
This is funny too: http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Search/?q=halo
(http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/)

ejburke
November 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I think only 2 of their dozen attempts at resurrecting PC gaming have involved them actually publishing games. They just launched their Games for Windows marketplace recently, so we'll see how that languishes and becomes soon-forgotten.

If they would have done things right from the beginning and stuck with it, they would be where Valve is already. But they approach PC gaming like a fly-by-night operation. They come in, try to impose their will on everyone, while only offering things that benefit themselves, and then when that fails, they disappear. Then they come back with another scam and the cycle repeats, almost like clockwork.

343 is in its honeymoon period right now. They're fucking around with Waypoint and anime, but sooner or later, they have to make a game. And if they screw that up in any way, be it critically or commercially,, I can see "Restructuring" in their future.

Do we even know for sure that Bungie will hand over Reach's/Halo 3's administration to 343i? I don't see any reason Bungie couldn't handle them as long as MS wants to keep them going. It's called servicing your back-catalog.

=sw=warlord
November 29th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds like the letter (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?6854-Buyer-s-Remorse-An-open-letter-to-the-devs-of-H2V) got noticed at last.

Kornman00
November 29th, 2010, 02:48 PM
What bell do you hear which has that sound :raise:?

=sw=warlord
November 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM
What bell do you hear which has that sound :raise:?
I would have to say the cloister bell sounds somewhat similar.

Warsaw
November 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Put the film on your file share and link here.

Shit, I played too many games since then, not sure I still have it.

DarkHalo003
November 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Errr, they didn't break up...MS closed their studio...kinda like how they're closing the site

Same difference, either way I find it mind boggling. Ensemble was great at RTS, so of all the studios to shut down why did MS decide to shut them down?

ejburke
November 29th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Ensemble was basically costing more and more and producing less and less. Even some ex-Ensemble employees admitted it was pretty fucked up toward the end. Did you see those Halo MMO concepts? Bad ju ju. I won't really fault MS for shutting them down, but I will blame them for possibly contributing to that downward spiral and I damn sure blame them for killing the Halo Wars community, because they were too cheap to keep a forum and store a few lousy stats.

DarkHalo003
November 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Ensemble was basically costing more and more and producing less and less. Even some ex-Ensemble employees admitted it was pretty fucked up toward the end. Did you see those Halo MMO concepts? Bad ju ju. I won't really fault MS for shutting them down, but I will blame them for possibly contributing to that downward spiral and I damn sure blame them for killing the Halo Wars community, because they were too cheap to keep a forum and store a few lousy stats.
Yeah that makes me a bit mad. Halo Wars was a fun game I played for about a couple of months and although my own shortcomings kept me from being great, I still had a ton of fun and all of that junk in the process. I honestly don't understand how a Multi-Billion dollar corporation could drop something so dear to some fans when it's just a small site. Is Robot still operating?

Arteen
November 29th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Support for Halo Wars went from Robot to 343i way back in February.

=sw=warlord
November 30th, 2010, 05:14 AM
The packs out now (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-Reach-Noble-Map-Pack/c335a588-653b-476b-9f6d-76c500df0e91) just not showing on the xbox market place.
Tempest seems very pretty but it definitely seem's inspired by relic.

Arteen
November 30th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Breakpoint is giving me a nice Nightcamp/Avalanche vibe. It should play a lot better in non-Invasion gametypes than Boneyard and Spire, depending on how well Bungie populates it for those gametypes.

jcap
November 30th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I still haven't decided whether I'm going to get these maps or not. At least until they make major playlist/voting changes, I don't see any point in paying 800 MSP to play Big Team Slayer all the time on different maps.

Arteen
November 30th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hopefully their search algorithms are different this time. I could never get a map that wasn't on-disk or Heroic when the Halo 3 BTB playlist was open to anyone. I'm still holding onto a shred of hope that Bungie can get their act together, so I bought 'em. Already got the "double kill from the grave" achievement too, in my second match.

Shock120
November 30th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Halo is a AAA title, however the support for the games are not what I call AAA support.
Thanks Microsoft for a support lifecycle, I guess Bungie has learnt a thing or two from that, I wish they could be like Valve who supports their titles, for what amounts to forever.

On a different matter,
343 working on Halo 1 remake - Report (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=278410), seems like a big F U to PC gamers, and Halo 1 Custom edition modders in general. :'(
Playing Halo 1 campaign on co-op, is so hawt, no need for the h1x mod. :D

ejburke
November 30th, 2010, 09:50 AM
They mentioned a while back that you won't get matched up with people who don't own the map packs, unlike Halo 2 and 3.

I'm passing. 3 maps has never been enough to get me back into any multiplayer that I've already stopped playing. Maybe when the new variants get introduced.

L0d3x
November 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I hardly like any of the default MP maps, so I almost feel I should be compensated for this by a FREE mappack. Obviously we can't have that, but there's no way I'm paying 800 MS points for something of which (based on their default maps) I already doubt the quality.

Arteen
November 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM
On a different matter,
343 working on Halo 1 remake - Report (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=278410), seems like a big F U to PC gamers, and Halo 1 Custom edition modders in general. :'(
I really don't see how you could take that as an insult. Also, I'm pretty sure they're just reporting an already-debunked rumor.

Hotrod
November 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I hardly like any of the default MP maps, so I almost feel I should be compensated for this by a FREE mappack. Obviously we can't have that, but there's no way I'm paying 800 MS points for something of which (based on their default maps) I already doubt the quality.
From my experience so far, the new maps are pretty sick and are much better than most of the maps that shipped with the game.

=sw=warlord
November 30th, 2010, 01:56 PM
No idea if any of these codes still work or not but..

First come, first serve. (http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/7/t/1808.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0)

46DTC-WV4KV-RGRDV-XCYP7-HYMHZ
FVF2C-RM27T-WCWWM-JKTGR-CVQJZ
99HK6-36RXR-TPP9T-9VHH3-7W7KZ
3HDYV-CWWCC-PV2QQ-7WK9Q-YJJHZ
CHD7K-G6FYG-QVYYR-QQWYT-WR6YZ
7WJ2X-VCJT7-DCRFV-D2G9T-DRCHZ
VGTVC-HHVQ9-4C6RD-WRV3X-VGMTZ
4KY3C-R4VHK-62QD7-QG4RX-G7GKZ
3CWTH-XXHC2-6CFKM-R9THX-6FFHZ
G46KR-49JW9-HXTVJ-QPHTH-WG9TZ
HTVVY-Q9WJ7-JCDKR-C3CKF-DWCXZ
RXP3T-KQHJQ-D24VR-PHXJ6-DXDHZ
7J6PC-2GM4R-WRYJ7-M293H-P227Z
Q23JC-QKJWJ-3HQV6-K7X3W-PGK3Z
RT3HT-C2YR3-KVK2V-6DG97-MF9CZ
9PWJ6-492P7-QM2JY-342T7-4XM9Z
F7MW6-HM7YP-2HQD2-QTK7Q-WKJCZ
DVMW7-MQKQ6-7VWY3-J32T3-DDX6Z
443PF-QW69G-FDFG3-H739V-TDYQZ
MQQW2-FXQM3-6TMHC-FWKR2-XFCDZ

jcap
November 30th, 2010, 02:09 PM
I decided to get the maps, because although I strongly disagree that they should be 800 MSP, I realized I usually spend $10 on nothing, whereas this would actually last me a long time.

I really, REALLY hate Anchor 9. It has that feeling that I don't like about Atom, where everything is multi-story and you are either looking up or down to get a kill, since nothing is ever at eye-level. Whatever IS at eyelevel is blocked off by a wall or some stupid fucking column so you can hardly aim in close quarters combat, and usually end up getting meleed. But that's not what kills it for me. The biggest fault of the map is the fucking horrendous framerate when you are in a battle with more than 1 person. Fuck, it felt like I was watching a fucking slideshow when I was watching 4 people battle it out and throw grenades. I also stared the game on the red side facing 3 enemies.

annihilation
November 30th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I love that guy.
Got mine for free. yay

leorimolo
November 30th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Thank you so much Warlord!!!!

Limited
November 30th, 2010, 02:34 PM
:O Love you cobby. This softens the blow that Man Utd are getting dicked 2 - 0 even before HT :(

You have successfully redeemed a code for:

Halo: Reach - Noble Map Pack

It has been added to your Download Queue. If you have an additional code to redeem please enter it above.

For the record, ALL of these are used. (I used the bold one)
HTVVY-Q9WJ7-JCDKR-C3CKF-DWCXZ
RXP3T-KQHJQ-D24VR-PHXJ6-DXDHZ
7J6PC-2GM4R-WRYJ7-M293H-P227Z
Q23JC-QKJWJ-3HQV6-K7X3W-PGK3Z
RT3HT-C2YR3-KVK2V-6DG97-MF9CZ
9PWJ6-492P7-QM2JY-342T7-4XM9Z
F7MW6-HM7YP-2HQD2-QTK7Q-WKJCZ
DVMW7-MQKQ6-7VWY3-J32T3-DDX6Z
443PF-QW69G-FDFG3-H739V-TDYQZ
MQQW2-FXQM3-6TMHC-FWKR2-XFCDZ

annihilation
November 30th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I used G46KR-49JW9-HXTVJ-QPHTH-WG9TZ

Limited
November 30th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Skyline used Q23JC-QKJWJ-3HQV6-K7X3W-PGK3Z

L0d3x
November 30th, 2010, 02:47 PM
The link appears to not load for me.
Also I missted this because there was a fire in my street D=

L0d3x
November 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Oh snap also got me some free DLC :D
E: sorry for excitement double post :(

leorimolo
November 30th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I used 3CWTH-XXHC2-6CFKM-R9THX-6FFHZ

jcap
November 30th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Why the fuck did I have to buy the map pack like 10 minutes earlier...

What a fucking waste. It really isn't worth it. I have yet to play Tempest, but that's the only one I've been looking forward to. Breakpoint is massive vehicle whoring and camping. Anchor 9 sucks due to the reasons I mentioned earlier. This is not what I want to play. :mad:

=sw=warlord
November 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Why the fuck did I have to buy the map pack like 10 minutes earlier...

What a fucking waste.
Because you're a scrub and don't check halo waypoint.:downs: