PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24

Donut
November 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
i used 46DTC-WV4KV-RGRDV-XCYP7-HYMHZ

which is funny because it was the first one on the list, and i thought for sure it would have been used already.

L0d3x
November 30th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Haha yeah several other people I know used codes, the closer to the top they went the more were available :p

=sw=warlord
November 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
As far as I can tell, all codes are now used up.
Hope everyone enjoyed their xmas present.

L0d3x
November 30th, 2010, 03:46 PM
If it's anything like with Halo Wars there's a good chance they'll be posting a few more DLC codes up in the next couple of days. So those who missed out may want to check their page frequently.

=sw=warlord
November 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM
If it's anything like with Halo Wars there's a good chance they'll be posting a few more DLC codes up in the next couple of days. So those who missed out may want to check their page frequently.
I think this was partially because someone from the Halowars forum mentioned that and about 5 minutes later the admin posted the keys.

ejburke
November 30th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Damn, those Halo Waypoint forumers must have been trying to enter in the codes with a controller on their Xbox. Or the place is deserted. I got the 6th code on the list. Thanks, warlord.

It pays to have Xbox.com loaded up on the redeem code page on days when new content gets released.

DarkHalo003
November 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
The packs out now (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-Reach-Noble-Map-Pack/c335a588-653b-476b-9f6d-76c500df0e91) just not showing on the xbox market place.
Tempest seems very pretty but it definitely seem's inspired by relic.
YES! I'm so glad there is another map like Relic; I had some of my most favorite Halo 2 moments on that map.

Kornman00
November 30th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Not buying until they put out new map and game variants (unless I come across a free redeem code). Good ones. Hopefully they finish the Forgetactular contest or w/e before the holidays so we can start seeing some new Forge variants.

DarkHalo003
November 30th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I think the maps are good. My favorite so far is Breakpoint, then Tempest, and then Anchor 9. Breakpoint has a good weapon placement, with many different routes to the other base. It's fun with Stockpile and CTF so far. Evade is a great loadout for the map I have found; the bomb dodging capabilities make it an excellent way to counter vehicles. Tempest is a gorgeous map that is also a lot of fun so far; it's the most balanced among the trio considering Breakdown has a lot of vehicular stride to it. The best loadouts for it are Jetpack and Sprint I've found; the multiple perches across the map make it too risky to use Armor Lock and I haven't been able to try Invis yet. Anchor 9 isn't a bad map if you play it right; the first time isn't so fun, but the more you play the more it becomes enjoyable. The Jetpack is by far the best option for the map and the multiple access-ways make it easy to evade opponents and turn battles on them.

There is a problem with Tempest I think I've found though. When one team has successfully eliminated the other, then that one team can then spawn kill the other team enmass without much repurcussion. The only reason I think I won a match (48-41 until last kills) was because I was the only teammate still alive with a Rocket Launcher (which ended killing one of them and weakening another, who of which died from their own grenade, giving the last two kills). Other than that though, the map is generally fun. It's worth the DL in my opinion. Also, has anyone noticed they dropped the price of Microsoft Points $2? It used to be $12. Woo-hoo!

Spartan094
November 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I acutely find all 3 maps fine. Though Breakpoint is banshee whoring, I totaled 73 kills using it (shhh jcap :ohdear:) in 2 games of 1 Flag, Anchor 9 on elite slayer is the same as Countdown (first sign of danger = armor lock)

Tempest is fine, seems balanced.

DarkHalo003
November 30th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I acutely find all 3 maps fine. Though Breakpoint is banshee whoring, I totaled 73 kills using it (shhh jcap :ohdear:) in 2 games of 1 Flag, Anchor 9 on elite slayer is the same as Countdown (first sign of danger = armor lock)

Tempest is fine, seems balanced.
Yeah I had a problem with the Elite Armor Lock in Elite Slayer. IT's not as bad as Countdown because of Zero Gee and the jumping, but it does become a little obnoxious indoors. What other loadout could they sub-in besides Sprint or Drop Shield though?

Warsaw
November 30th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Armour Lock is the most irritating armour ability ever; team deathmatch becomes a contest to see who can stay armour locked the longest.

DarkHalo003
November 30th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Armour Lock is the most irritating armour ability ever; team deathmatch becomes a contest to see who can stay armour locked the longest.
The only problem I have with it is on Invasion Spire and that invincible shell they come out of when they stop it, not to mention the melee+armor lock+melee crap.

Elite Slayer really needs to lose the two grenades at start; give everyone one because half of my deaths are completely related to it, not to mention what other nonsense that occurs.

Hotrod
November 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Man, I am loving Firefight Versus so far, anybody agree with me?

jcap
November 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Though Breakpoint is banshee whoring, I totaled 73 kills using it
This is why I deleted the maps already, so I don't have to face this again in any playlist until they make heavy variants.

E: And don't get me too wrong...I'm not 100% against vehicles. I still like vehicles, but I don't like it when there's so many vehicles that you spend more time shooting at vehicles than people on foot. I LOVED the heavy variants of maps in Halo 3. I just wish they would do the same in Reach.

Oh and for the record, this map pack did absolutely nothing for Reach's online population.

Futzy
November 30th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Man, I am loving Firefight Versus so far, anybody agree with me?
No. It could be good but their gametype settings are broken and can be exploited.

ThePlague
November 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Still haven't bought the map pack, doubt I will be. I got tired of this game long ago. I don't think the map pack is worth buying for X amount it costs. I'll start playing it again when it becomes less serious and more fun when you're not playing with friends.

DarkHalo003
November 30th, 2010, 10:18 PM
This is why I deleted the maps already, so I don't have to face this again in any playlist until they make heavy variants.
Stop rage quitting. You whine like crap every time you think something is broken. There is a Splazer one the frozen side easy as crap to get to, a Grenade Launcher inside the caves of the structure parallel to the frozen area, and a Plasma Launcher on the overhang over where the flag spawns. You honestly can't tell me there is nothing on the map that can destroy vehicles, not to mention you have plenty of other vehicles to help. In addition, if you're dumb enough to stick out in the open like a moron firing away at a Banshee then you should get bombed just for being stupid. The pilot deserves the kill for that same reason. To score on Breakpoint in CTF, you need to be fast with the hog and pick up the flag carrier. Sure you can use the side passages, but if you have no teammates covering you then that's just a fundamental of any objective game that needs to be taken into account. Obviously you won't go on freaking sprees as the best player when you go for the objective or are even trying to just eliminate other players; those other players are trying to do the exact same thing. The maps are a lot more fun than you happen to think is what I'm saying; you just play a few games of each, declare they suck, and delete them until you have your way. I'm not saying this to defend Bungie, I'm saying this because I'm sick of people declaring something sucks and giving up on it because they ragequit. It's part of the game and it's easy to adjust to.

jcap
November 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM
-clipped-
Power weapons don't help when only one is allowed on the map at a time and the opposing team has it. It also doesn't help when you are holding one and a vehicle kills you before you can kill it, and then you need to wait for it to respawn and pick it up before another person does. Also, I wasn't singling out CTF, although I don't understand why it has become a standard to include 10 vehicles per team in CTF games. Whatever happened to two warthogs and two mongooses per team?

The reason I've given up on the maps already is because Bungie repeated the same fuck-ups that made playing on the stock maps anti-fun. Sure, it is a different environment, but if I can't play a single game without one guy getting 40 kills in a vehicle while camping the base and inhibiting the opposing team from spawning, then it's still the same bullshit that turned me away to begin with.

Pooky
December 1st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Stop rage quitting. You whine like crap every time you think something is broken ... It's part of the game and it's easy to adjust to.

The only problem I have with it is on Invasion Spire and that invincible shell they come out of when they stop it, not to mention the melee+armor lock+melee crap.

Elite Slayer really needs to lose the two grenades at start; give everyone one because half of my deaths are completely related to it, not to mention what other nonsense that occurs.

:lmao:

Rob Oplawar
December 1st, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'ma defend DarkHalo here and say that if what he's doing is whining, jfap is being a screechy little bitch and throwing a tantrum.

Arteen
December 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
Boy, I sure wish I could find a damned match of Invasion Breakpoint. Bungie, your 'upgraded' search algorithms do not work. I could never find a match on a Legendary/Mythic map back when Halo 3's BTB playlist was open to anyone, and now I can't find an Invasion match on Breakpoint even though it's supposed to automatically group me with other DLC owners. SSDD.

Kornman00
December 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM
If you guys really want to bitch about AL & Bloom, there are PLENTY of threads for you to express yourself on b.net. Go throw your waste in with the other waste.

jcap, admins don't cry. Neither do big girls. So be a big girl admin and stop your crying.

Was about to try VS last night but, watching House appealed to me more than playing anything Reach. Will probably try it today if I find the time. When you kill other players in that, it counts towards your MP kills right? It should...

Hotrod
December 1st, 2010, 11:40 AM
It doesn't, cause it's still Firefight in the end.

Kornman00
December 1st, 2010, 11:44 AM
But it's still matchmaking...in the end? Dey derk jar jerbs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls) :saddowns:

Pooky
December 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'ma defend DarkHalo here and say that if what he's doing is whining, jfap is being a screechy little bitch and throwing a tantrum.

Oh sure, I just couldn't help myself when I saw that. My ironometer was going off.

If you guys really want to bitch about AL & Bloom, there are PLENTY of threads for you to express yourself on b.net. Go throw your waste in with the other waste.

Yeah, all those guys saying that Reach MP sucks/is boring are just scrubs that need to l2play.

That's why the player count dropped so hard.

DarkHalo003
December 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
Power weapons don't help when only one is allowed on the map at a time and the opposing team has it. It also doesn't help when you are holding one and a vehicle kills you before you can kill it, and then you need to wait for it to respawn and pick it up before another person does. Also, I wasn't singling out CTF, although I don't understand why it has become a standard to include 10 vehicles per team in CTF games. Whatever happened to two warthogs and two mongooses per team?

The reason I've given up on the maps already is because Bungie repeated the same fuck-ups that made playing on the stock maps anti-fun. Sure, it is a different environment, but if I can't play a single game without one guy getting 40 kills in a vehicle while camping the base and inhibiting the opposing team from spawning, then it's still the same bullshit that turned me away to begin with.
I can agree that the lack of mongooses makes the One-sided Objective portions difficult mainly because there is only walking as another way of transport. That's one thing that could be added without making a completely different gametype. I look at it like this; in Reach, you have to play cat-and-mouse with vehicles (sort of like Halo 3 with the Warthogs) because they're very powerful. The only problem with changing the vehicles around to fit a heavies gametype (like changing the Chainhog to a Missile Hog) is that it knocks out the effectiveness of another vehicle completely. The Gauss Hog can blast anything out of the sky in at least 2 shots and the Missile Hog already locks on to flying vehicles, so it would make having a Banshee on Breakpoint meaningless. The level has currently been appropriated to add in carnage and to balance the vehicular combat to where each vehicle has its own purposes (like I said, you have to play cat-and-mouse with the vehicles if you're infantry). But this is just how I see it, to say the least.

I can understand the frustration with Anchor 9, where there are some flaws with Elite Slayer that need attending (one less starting Plasma Grenade), but I have honestly found next to nothing wrong with Tempest (aside from a scenario where the other team was spawn killing, people quit or go AFK, and there is enough lag to skew rocket trajectory). That map is pretty solid as far as balance is concerned.

@Korn, unlike MM, I consider Firefight to be the do-crazy-and-funny-crap mode of Reach; it's more about having fun than it is about getting points and winning like it is in MM. I still need to try VS too; I've been waiting since the beginning of Halo Reach.

ejburke
December 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
I'm against spawning with one grenade just as a matter of principle. We're supposed to chuck grenades -- that's why it has its own button. Would it curb grenade spam? Maybe. Would allowing TSA agents to cup everyone's balls before a flight prevent terrorism? Maybe.

Kornman00
December 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Want to combat grenades? Pick Armor Lock!

Tada!

L0d3x
December 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM
VS Firefight is kind of boring imo. You can't do alot as an elite since most Spartans just shotgun you or use grenade launchers for insta-kill.
The new maps however seem well balanced and alot of thought was clearly put into map flow. I still would love to try invasion on that snow map though.

DarkHalo003
December 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
I'm against spawning with one grenade just as a matter of principle. We're supposed to chuck grenades -- that's why it has its own button. Would it curb grenade spam? Maybe. Would allowing TSA agents to cup everyone's balls before a flight prevent terrorism? Maybe.
I was only referring to Elite Slayer for the most part considering how truly powerful Plasmas are, especially on a small map like Anchor 9 or Atom.

Warsaw
December 1st, 2010, 08:50 PM
Want to combat grenades? Pick Armor Lock!

Tada!

And then get assassinated by the guy who picked Sprint! Hell yes! :v:

I don't mind the grenades. They are less effective than everyone is crying about. Armour Lock just robs kills, every time. That person legitimately had no right to survive the encounter that he got himself into because he is a dumbass and thought that not checking corners or paying attention to his motion tracker was cool.

Futzy
December 1st, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hey guys I hate this game just as much as any of you but my MM games just pasted what took my 3 years in H3. Why do I do this to myself.

jcap
December 1st, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hey guys I hate this game just as much as any of you but my MM games just pasted what took my 3 years in H3. Why do I do this to myself.
I have a total of 3538 games played in Halo 3. In the past 3 months of Reach, I have 1868 games played. As much as I hate it, it does keep me coming back. Probably because I exploit matchmaking to work for me, and I don't care about winning at all anymore. That's what I hated most about Halo 3.

FRain
December 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM
And then get assassinated by the guy who picked Sprint! Hell yes! :v:

I don't mind the grenades. They are less effective than everyone is crying about. Armour Lock just robs kills, every time. That person legitimately had no right to survive the encounter that he got himself into because he is a dumbass and thought that not checking corners or paying attention to his motion tracker was cool.

Even if a player has armor lock and they don't die, I typically still end up kicking their ass anyway.

Warsaw
December 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM
I usually end up getting gang-banged because the entire enemy team shows up. That also happens whenever I spawn. It also happens whenever I decide to take a peak around the corner that the rest of my team didn't think to look behind. However one on one, I always come out on top because once you armour lock, all the opposition has to do is count the seconds, throw a grenade it goes off just as they come out of lock, and then follow up with melee. Or they could exploit it and assassinate you before you come out of lock. I've had that happen to me and I've done it by accident a few times.

Arteen
December 2nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
The only AAs I can't stand are AL and sprint, and I only dislike sprint because of the "two hits to kill" melee system. AL is just BS through and through.

Warsaw
December 2nd, 2010, 12:56 AM
I do agree about the melee thing. Remember when it took 3-4 melee hits to kill someone? :v:

I don't use sprint to land a double melee. Most of my kills in stat tracking or with weapons. I use it almost purely for travel.

L0d3x
December 2nd, 2010, 05:54 AM
Remember how Bungie told us they had advanced algorithms to seperate DLC players from non-DLC players in existing playlists?
Well I got this from the noble map pack thingy on bungie.net:

"Many other playlists will contain DLC maps as well, but since you are not gated from entry to these playlists by having DLC, you could match with people who don’t have the maps. If that happens, you will not get them as voting options for that session."

Epic lies of bungie?

Futzy
December 2nd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Remember how Bungie told us they had advanced algorithms to seperate DLC players from non-DLC players in existing playlists?
Well I got this from the noble map pack thingy on bungie.net:

"Many other playlists will contain DLC maps as well, but since you are not gated from entry to these playlists by having DLC, you could match with people who don’t have the maps. If that happens, you will not get them as voting options for that session."

Epic lies of bungie?
Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

L0d3x
December 2nd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Explain then, you wise man you.
Also note the "question mark", indeed indicating some form of confusion. So instead of acting like an ass and putting on a superior attitude, just clarify yourself in your reply without resorting to disrespectful tones which are only there to compensate for your lack of real-life self confidence ;-)

Rob Oplawar
December 2nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
OK, you guys win. Armor abilities are unbalanced and people whore them. Bloom is the most obnoxious thing ever conceived. The matchmaking process still doesn't give you exactly the gametype you want every single time. Bungie spent months and months, uncountable resources on testing to make this game as fun as they could, but these ideas are inherently impossible to fully test. New ideas are risky and complicated. They tried their best, but since that wasn't good enough, then clearly what they SHOULD have done was remake Halo 1 without any modifications. That way, you guys wouldn't have anything new to bitch about and you could go back to three-shotting each other with the pistol.

Fuck me, is there a way I can put an entire thread on "ignore"?

=sw=warlord
December 2nd, 2010, 09:37 AM
So instead of acting like an ass and putting on a superior attitude, just clarify yourself in your reply without resorting to disrespectful tones which are only there to compensate for your lack of real-life self confidence ;-)

You're one to talk about acting like an ass when someone has opinions different to your self.:raise:
On a different stance, I actually enjoy this game quite a lot.
Not because it's Halo, but because I see this as a entirely different game.

Each Halo game introduces new features, Halo 2 introduced duel wielding, Halo 3 introduced equipment and reach introduced armour abilities.
Had this game been called anything other than Halo and had different models and textures I'm reasonably certain it would have been just as successful if not more.

The community is letting nostalgia of the previous games cloud their judgement on how they think a "Halo" game should be, but that in it self is hypocrisy as each Halo game has introduced something new each time.

L0d3x
December 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
I only act like an "ass" when other people give me reason to :-)
And I would in fact not have bought Halo Reach if it hadn't been a Halo title. I was already pessimistic about armor abilities and bloom before it released. Major reason I got the game was to see Halo Reach's campaign, hoping to see alot of "iconic" battles such as the Beach Assault in H1; Delta Halo Assault in H2, The Covenant in H3...unfortunately there wasn't really an area in this game that gave me the same feeling. Tip of the Spire came close but lacked a decent amount of allies fighting along side you.

Pooky
December 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
The community is letting nostalgia of the previous games cloud their judgement on how they think a "Halo" game should be, but that in it self is hypocrisy as each Halo game has introduced something new each time.

That's at least the third time I've seen someone say that, and it's just as idiotic each time. You try to judge people based on their assumptions, but you are yourself making an assumption. I don't like Reach multiplayer because I find it tedious and annoying. I've made that clear multiple times. Ask most other people who dislike Reach what their reasons are, odds are they won't say 'because it isn't a remake of Halo 1'. The reason every Halo game gets compared to the original is that for most people, Halo 1 was the high point of the series. For them, and for me, Reach simply isn't as fun as previous series installments.

=sw=warlord
December 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
That's at least the third time I've seen someone say that, and it's just as idiotic each time. You try to judge people based on their assumptions, but you are yourself making an assumption.
It's a lot more informed of a assumption than most done by people who are in fact letting their nostalgia get in the way of their judgements.
When Halo 3 came out there were a lot of people complaining about equipment because "it wasn't Halo" claiming Halo 2 was the pinnacle of their enjoyment, Now though there are people complaining about armour abilities because they feel "it isn't Halo" claiming that Halo 3 had a better experience.
How is what I'm pointing out idiotic if it's the case for alot of people.
I challenge you to check Bungies forums or halo waypoints forums and tell me that there are no comparisons being created by nostalgia getting in the way of judgement.
I don't like Reach multiplayer because I find it tedious and annoying. I've made that clear multiple times. Ask most other people who dislike Reach what their reasons are, odds are they won't say 'because it isn't a remake of Halo 1'. The reason every Halo game gets compared to the original is that for most people, Halo 1 was the high point of the series. For them, and for me, Reach simply isn't as fun as previous series installments.
In the end there is a undeniable truth, We had a beta test back in the beginning of the year to have a taste of what was to come in September.
Many people par took in the beta test, many people still purchased the game knowing full well certain features would not be entirely removed from the game.
You dipped your toes in the hot water and decided to jump full on.

ejburke
December 2nd, 2010, 01:45 PM
I remember thinking after playing Halo 1, "Holy shit, I can't wait for the next one. With a few tweaks, less of this, more of that, it's going to be ridiculous." Then they stumbled with Halo 2. Recovered some of that lost ground with Halo 3. Tread water with ODST. And finally took a huge side-step into Reach. I just don't feel like they ever managed to capitalize on the massive potential of the first game. Kind of a bummer. 2001-2004 was the best time to be a Halo fan and it's looking like that's never going to change.

Fuck it. I'm going to go make my own goddamn Halo game. Where's that UDK... ?

=sw=warlord
December 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Found a odd BOB.
Usually the BOB's wont attack how ever this one did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBNWd9gN2I

Kornman00
December 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
In order to make a Halo game, you have to use a Halo engine. Else you'll have people bitching that it's not Halo. Oh, then there's the fact that much like the tank, Blam beats everything. After CE, MS saw how much potential the engine had in the hands of the fans and didn't want people splashing in their pool.

There.

Also, poland.

ejburke
December 2nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Hypothetically, I wouldn't use stock Unreal, I would go to great lengths to match the feel of Halo. As well as do the art and design work. MP-only, Spartans, Warthogs, and a handful of weapons, a map or two. And then I would open it up for everyone to modify. Hypothetically. Also theoretically.

DarkHalo003
December 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
In order to make a Halo game, you have to use a Halo engine. Else you'll have people bitching that it's not Halo. Oh, then there's the fact that much like the tank, Blam beats everything. After CE, MS saw how much potential the engine had in the hands of the fans and didn't want people splashing in their pool.

There.

Also, poland.

I can agree on this. It would make sense considering it would theoretically take only one person to make enjoyable content thus removing any further need for MS to attempt making content. If I had a powerful computer, a lot of time, and the Reach Engine, there would be no end to what I could do.

Llama Juice
December 2nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
I played one round of Vs Firefight hoping for Generator Defense, but it was 2V2 slayer with Spartans having Oversheilds and Elites being normal health. Elites have a bunch of teammates (we had grunts friends...) and overall it wasn't that fun. My team won, but it didn't give me a feeling of HURRAY I WIN... instead both me and the other guy on my team were like "Yay, we... umm... we won?.. Okay. Good game guys?"

That being said, the new maps seem pretty fun. I've been enjoying them and trying to get used to them. Only played a small handful of matches on it before going to bed though... so no complaints really on my end.

E: Also, JCap makes me laugh.

"I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING, RRAAGGGEEE... Oohhh new map pack! *buy* FFFUUUUCCCKKK RRAAGGEEEE"

Kornman00
December 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
What the fuck?

A new podcast?

It's more likely than you think (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=29984).

Futzy
December 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
I'm halfway through it now. Talks about making the maps.

Hotrod
December 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Found a odd BOB.
Usually the BOB's wont attack how ever this one did...

How on Earth did you manage to get that far?

Kornman00
December 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Anyone have that unspeakable forge variant they were talking about heh?

=sw=warlord
December 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
How on Earth did you manage to get that far?

I ran away from the elites as long as I could and then when running wasn't enough I swapped in a drop-shield to act as a barricade between me and the elites.

Siliconmaster
December 2nd, 2010, 05:23 PM
Load it on easy. Survive forever. :downs:

=sw=warlord
December 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
I could...but whats the fun in that? :iamafag:

Hotrod
December 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
That works :P Maybe I'll try that...hmm...

Kornman00
December 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Lone Wolf is like The Little Engine That Could...but couldn't Firefight map.

DarkHalo003
December 2nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Almost forever, the Elites eventually have only Ultras with Concussion Rifles, Generals with Swords and Concussion Rifles, and the occasional normal elite just running around like an idiot. Nothing to awesome to be positive, but I wonder what would happen if you lasted as long in Legendary?

Siliconmaster
December 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
I survived for 45 minutes on easy. Once the sword zealots show up, kill one and steal his sword. Then proceed to camp on the turret platform foreeeeever. Just watch out for the wraiths that pop up every now and then and threaten to turn the whole platform into plasma sludge. However, grabbing the turrets or the spartan laser will get rid of those. After a while it just gets boring, tbh.

Kornman00
December 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Sweet, they've fixed Hemorrhage (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53673689) and Boardwalk!

Goddammit, they didn't mention fixing Asylum :|

jcap
December 2nd, 2010, 07:26 PM
Sweet, they've fixed Hemorrhage (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53673689) and Boardwalk!

Goddammit, they didn't mention fixing Asylum :|
Just thought I'd post this since it's pretty sick:

MRNjgk06Wzk&start=180

Limited
December 2nd, 2010, 07:29 PM
Why the hell don't Bungie just make it so if you above Z amount and not in a vehicle, your classed as in that respawn timer zone thingy, and will die after 10 seconds, then that eliminates any of these types of spots.

Spartan094
December 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM
I have yet to get mad at the DLC maps, except people that are dumbasses and don't grab the enemy flag when its 10 meters from our fucking flag.

Kornman00
December 2nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Now let's seem them do all that in a BTB match without dying. And I don't see what upper hand you get being all the way back there.

Also, tried VS...would have been decent if the other team didn't keep quitting

DarkHalo003
December 2nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Now let's seem them do all that in a BTB match without dying. And I don't see what upper hand you get being all the way back there.

Also, tried VS...would have been decent if the other team didn't keep quitting
Quitting shouldn't even be allowed in Firefight Matchmaking; no one even truly cares about those stats to begin with.

Spartan094
December 2nd, 2010, 10:23 PM
no one even truly cares about those stats to begin with.

I doo :v:

/sarcasm

Spartan094
December 3rd, 2010, 06:00 AM
Lol, it's broken.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc286/Brandon094/lol-8.png

Pooky
December 3rd, 2010, 08:04 AM
In the end there is a undeniable truth, We had a beta test back in the beginning of the year to have a taste of what was to come in September.
Many people par took in the beta test, many people still purchased the game knowing full well certain features would not be entirely removed from the game.
You dipped your toes in the hot water and decided to jump full on.

You're still making stupid assumptions. Virtually none of what you've said applies to my case, or the case of anyone I know. Bnet idiots are excluded from the equation, as they don't qualify as human.

Futzy
December 3rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
It's 30 kills with a pistol.

Kornman00
December 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
Weekly ChumDate (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=30003)

But it’s Bad to NOT Play Together

It's not all fun and games. There’s chum in the water and the oily slick of gore and guts has led the Banhammer straight to a school of boosters, idlers, and service tag modifiers. If you’re a practitioner of the art of not playing, or of any of the other undesirable behaviors listed in the preceding sentence, you’re soon to find your account in a significantly downgraded status, ranging from a credit suspension to an outright ban. We’re keeping the exact metrics for the imposition of these new penalties under wraps, but as always, we’ve ensured accuracy via extensive due diligence.

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline10/120210/reach_10493965_Full.jpg

PLAY NICE. We’re not asking.

DarkHalo003
December 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
Finally, AGKers will hopefully be put to justice, maybe even a further extended ban for excessive quitters.

I've gotten around to play Versus and I think the gametype has a LOT of potential. For the way they're doing it now, they need to make it so that the Elites have their standard stats since the Spartans have overshields. Also, having good connections might help too.

Warsaw
December 4th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Wait, what's this about service tag modifiers? How does that have any relevance to game-play at all?

Hotrod
December 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Some people hack their service tag so it shows the Bungie logo (or possibly something else as well). I'm assuming it's against the terms of agreement which would explain why they'll get banned for it.

Warsaw
December 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Ugh, Bungie all butthurt.

Hotrod
December 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I don't think it's really up to Bungie whether it's wrong or not.

Warsaw
December 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM
It is up to them whether or not they swing the banhammer. I see hacked gamertags (not quite the same, probably a little worse) all the time in CoD, and they don't usually get banned.

Futzy
December 4th, 2010, 10:47 PM
It is up to them whether or not they swing the banhammer. I see hacked gamertags (not quite the same, probably a little worse) all the time in CoD, and they don't usually get banned.
CoD is a shithole with no moderation at all. Bungie actually tries.

Arteen
December 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
As much as I hate Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage as an Elite, My last game went 61-32, 3 Elites vs 5/6 Spartans for most of the match. :awesome:

annihilation
December 5th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Elite Slayer on Anchor 9 is the greatest thing ever expecially when you noob combo everyone while evading through grenades.

Futzy
December 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Invasion Breakpoint is much better than stock maps. Bomb spawn camping might be a problem though.

Arteen
December 5th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Fuck you, Reach. I shotgun a zombie as he slices me. We both kill each other. The game calls that a betrayal and I'm immediately booted. Fuck you Reach and fuck you guy who booted me.

jcap
December 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
From what I've been playing so far, it seems like Bungie finally managed to fix the voting so every map isn't Slayer on Hemorrhage every god damn game.

Futzy
December 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Just got all the new achievements besides the invasion one since we didn't have enough people.

jcap
December 5th, 2010, 05:15 PM
They also modified their quit ban system, because I just got put on fucking probation due to the game crashing twice and then me quitting out of two games. It used to take 6, now it takes 4. Why the fuck is this a fixed number and not a percentage? How fucking retarded can these developers be when coming up with these concepts? Why does someone who plays only 5 games in a day and quits out of 3 get treated less harsh than the person who plays 40 games and quits out of 4?

Arteen
December 5th, 2010, 05:26 PM
That's awful.

Futzy
December 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Got ~600 kills today for the weekly and made it to brigadier http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Mr%20Kwatz

jcap
December 5th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I never thought a game would actually rival Modern Warfare 2 for being the shittiest game of the century.

As I said a few posts up, I was put on probation, mostly at the fault of this fucking gay shit game. Well, I was just playing a CTF game on hemorrhage. About 1 minute into the game, everyone gets sent to the host migration screen. We sit there for about 2 minutes, then everyone "dies" (all red X) and it throws us back to the main menu. Guess what?

I'm banned.

DarkHalo003
December 5th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I never thought a game would actually rival Modern Warfare 2 for being the shittiest game of the century.

As I said a few posts up, I was put on probation, mostly at the fault of this fucking gay shit game. Well, I was just playing a CTF game on hemorrhage. About 1 minute into the game, everyone gets sent to the host migration screen. We sit there for about 2 minutes, then everyone "dies" (all red X) and it throws us back to the main menu. Guess what?

I'm banned.
You shouldn't have quit any of your games. You go through with it until the end. If you hadn't quit apparently twice before then this probably wouldn't have been a problem. Besides, you get a decent break from ragequitting. This game isn't nearly as bad as MW2 and if you'd actually post while you weren't enraged then you'd definitely see that.

No one should have immunities or favoritism over how many games they quit out of how many games they play. It messes up other people's experiences and ruins the game for many. If you plan on quitting that one gametype because you "Don't like it" then you shouldn't even play at all. I'm sick of people thinking they have a right of way because they quit "less frequently" then everyone else. Quitting is by no means a valid choice of action when it becomes obsessive.

Rob Oplawar
December 5th, 2010, 08:06 PM
This level of tantrumming is seriously unbecoming of an admin. I mean really, dude, take a fucking chill pill.

Hotrod
December 5th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I gotta agree with everybody. I mean yeah, the game does have it's flaws here and there, but overall it's a great experience. This is shown by the fact that I play wayyyy too much (but due to that, I've gotten pretty good if I do say so myself). If you keep going through every detail of the game trying to find everything to hate then you'll never enjoy it.

p0lar_bear
December 5th, 2010, 09:34 PM
You shouldn't have quit any of your games. You go through with it until the end. If you hadn't quit apparently twice before then this probably wouldn't have been a problem. Besides, you get a decent break from ragequitting. This game isn't nearly as bad as MW2 and if you'd actually post while you weren't enraged then you'd definitely see that.

No one should have immunities or favoritism over how many games they quit out of how many games they play. It messes up other people's experiences and ruins the game for many. If you plan on quitting that one gametype because you "Don't like it" then you shouldn't even play at all. I'm sick of people thinking they have a right of way because they quit "less frequently" then everyone else. Quitting is by no means a valid choice of action when it becomes obsessive.

Why the hell should anyone sit there and be forced to play a game they're not enjoying or else penalties? No matter what scenario is going on, someone stuck in a match they don't want to be in is going to be detrimental to everyone's experience, period.

Common griefing tactics include quitting, teamkilling or draining ally shields, running repeatedly off of cliffs, running headlong into enemies, losing objectives, or flat-out idling. Right now, there are two very explotable and broken systems in place intended to stop quitting and teamkilling. Habitual idlers have been noted for a visit from the banhammer, but that's only extreme cases I believe. And there is no conceivable way to prevent someone from acting like an idiot.

Lately I've noticed I'm taking more of a liking to good old single-player games, or other co-operative games. Halo's appeal is going, going, almost gone. The game has become over-engineered and overcompetitive, where you must play it from start to finish. If I wanted to sign some sort of contract on each match that states I have to stick with the match even if I'm not enjoying it anymore, I would look for strict competitive playlists, like, oh, say, the Arena.

Really, this is a feeble attempt at trying to enforce courtesy and empathy on a group of self-centered pricks. Instead of giving me peace of mind in knowing that my team is going to stick with it through the end and play it, I find myself going into each match assuming that I'm going to be stuck with some combination of idlers, loudmouths, profags, or griefers that will inevitably quit when the enemy team is winning, leaving me alone to play a game where I have zero chance of doing anything. I'd leave, but I hear quitters get banned! Guess all I can do is either idle here and wait for it to end, or just stupidly throw myself at all of them repeatedly as they all gather around my corpse and teabag since a coordinated team killing a single person is such an accomplishment.

Rob Oplawar
December 5th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Don't hate the game, hate the player. :3

DarkHalo003
December 5th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Why the hell should anyone sit there and be forced to play a game they're not enjoying or else penalties? No matter what scenario is going on, someone stuck in a match they don't want to be in is going to be detrimental to everyone's experience, period.

Common griefing tactics include quitting, teamkilling or draining ally shields, running repeatedly off of cliffs, running headlong into enemies, losing objectives, or flat-out idling. Right now, there are two very explotable and broken systems in place intended to stop quitting and teamkilling. Habitual idlers have been noted for a visit from the banhammer, but that's only extreme cases I believe. And there is no conceivable way to prevent someone from acting like an idiot.

Lately I've noticed I'm taking more of a liking to good old single-player games, or other co-operative games. Halo's appeal is going, going, almost gone. The game has become over-engineered and overcompetitive, where you must play it from start to finish. If I wanted to sign some sort of contract on each match that states I have to stick with the match even if I'm not enjoying it anymore, I would look for strict competitive playlists, like, oh, say, the Arena.

Really, this is a feeble attempt at trying to enforce courtesy and empathy on a group of self-centered pricks. Instead of giving me peace of mind in knowing that my team is going to stick with it through the end and play it, I find myself going into each match assuming that I'm going to be stuck with some combination of idlers, loudmouths, profags, or griefers that will inevitably quit when the enemy team is winning, leaving me alone to play a game where I have zero chance of doing anything. I'd leave, but I hear quitters get banned! Guess all I can do is either idle here and wait for it to end, or just stupidly throw myself at all of them repeatedly as they all gather around my corpse and teabag since a coordinated team killing a single person is such an accomplishment.
I'm glad you mentioned the fact of being the last person on the team and quitting due to that reason. It is the only legitimate reason to quit considering the scenario, but more importantly it illustrates just how bad quitting is. AFKers drive me nuts, but at least there is a chance they'll come back to play. What irks me is the teammate who ragequits or suicides the entire time. Then again, I didn't have to worry about a universal K/D ratio in Halo 3; I miss social playlists for this reason. It separates the overly competetive and the casual gamers.

jcap
December 5th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Yet another glitch I just don't understand, and if anyone can prove me wrong then please do.

Bungie says the daily credit limit is 60,000.

When I finished playing Reach yesterday, I was about 4000 credits into my current rank. I just hit General Grade 2 last night, and decided to play a game of Score Attack to just settle in. I just hit today's daily credit limit, but I am only 54,000 credits into my current rank. Unless I am really bad at math, 54000-4000 does not equal 60,000. I didn't mess with any timezones (didn't need to, didn't hit yesterday's credit limit), so how does it fuck up this badly? Credit limits are based on your Xbox's system time, and supposedly it resets around 3 AM or something local time.

annihilation
December 5th, 2010, 10:47 PM
change your timezone and it should work

=sw=warlord
December 6th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Ugh, I've just spent well over an hour going through the archives of bungie updates.
I remember back during the time of the beta or just after that Bungie mentioned that the updates for reach no longer were purely title update only.
I remember reading somewhere that bungie could now update reach on the fly similar to playlist updates, me and a few people have noticed that armour lock now takes a pretty long time to fully recharge.
If anyone can find which update it was, either BWU or noble actual would you mind posting it here.
This is why the quit ban is in place... (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=351972832&player=hpc%20cobby87)

Oh and Jcap, Marty has one thing to say to you about your constant whine and ignorance;
http://halo.bungie.org/bwu/images/Maestro.gif

Warsaw
December 6th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I've noticed that Sprint also seems to deplete faster.

Kornman00
December 6th, 2010, 10:43 PM
If that were the case, then the films would have the initial inputs for armor abilities in their header.

There's a way to validate the theory of dynamiclly tweaked armor ability "energy": search the engine code for data blob signatures which corrallate to either general dynamic game settings or specifically to armor abilities. Assuming you understood the previous sentence.

Warsaw
December 6th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Understood it just fine, don't know how to get to said code. If it involves opening up my 360, not going to happen.

sevlag
December 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM
MLG playlist is up and you jump like a broken pogostick...

ahh MLG your community is SO friendly /sarcasm

jcap
December 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Those MLG morons did the jump height wrong. They aren't supposed to change the actual jump height setting, just gravity.

Donut
December 7th, 2010, 02:55 PM
As I said a few posts up, I was put on probation, mostly at the fault of this fucking gay shit game.
seriously? reach is not THAT bad. mw2 has so many more problems than halo reach. i seems like whats happening here is youre getting right off the game and coming directly here to fume about whatever pissed you off.
E: and yes, i totally understand why that specific thing you referenced would piss you off. im just saying, reach is no where near as bad as mw2.

Futzy
December 7th, 2010, 03:10 PM
They heightened the gravity so that weapons etc would drop faster and raised the jump so you would jump as normal. e: you mean in the playlist? Achronos is saying its a problem with the how they set up the playlists and not the gametype, since playing the gametype in customs is fine.
Daily cap going away.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24779739&postcount=1037

Hotrod
December 7th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Those MLG morons did the jump height wrong. They aren't supposed to change the actual jump height setting, just gravity.
They did change the gravity, no? I mean, have you tried to use the friggen jetpack? That thing flies like a rock...

jcap
December 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Well I mean, they increased jump height while also increasing gravity. The reason I called them morons was only because I thought they were attempting to emulate the feel of Halo 1/2/3, which is the opposite of what they've managed to do. Instead, it seems they tried to make it feel more like COD.

Reducing gravity by only 1 increment and decreasing jump height by a little (not sure what percentages exactly) gets you very close to the previous games, not the other way around.

=sw=warlord
December 7th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Nick from our Test team wanted me to clarify some full party boosting parameters for you. Seems we might have made it sound like you don't have to worry about being caught in our net of online justice as long as you're behavior is contained to a party full of players. It's actually not that simple. Here's the full story: (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=30035)

OKAY: Full Party Boosting

Playing with a full group where nobody is idle and everyone is running around getting kills, headshots, sticks, and sweet rejections. Nobody is AFK.

NOT OKAY - Idle Boosting

Getting into a full or partial party with guests or other Gold accounts who are not manned in order to kill AFKs. Also not acceptable is having EVERYONE AFK to attempt to get Credits for time played.

Got it? Good. As always, more nefarious behavior such as network manipulation is right out. The Banhammer catches that kind of behavior in its sleep - and it is always cranky first thing in the morning. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Kornman00
December 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Whelp, no more party boosting for me!

Wonder if their next revision of their banhammer will be retroactive to games before this article

jcap
December 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
There was one post I read on the Bungie forums by a normal member who seemed to suggest that Bungie said that games after 12/3 were being watched.

sevlag
December 7th, 2010, 05:23 PM
There was one post I read on the Bungie forums by a normal member who seemed to suggest that Bungie said that games after 12/3 were being watched.
that automatically qualifies korn,advancebo, annhilation and 094 for a trip to bantown...

Kornman00
December 7th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Expect this uncited post was made by a normal member and referenced by jcap

DarkHalo003
December 7th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Nick from our Test team wanted me to clarify some full party boosting parameters for you. Seems we might have made it sound like you don't have to worry about being caught in our net of online justice as long as you're behavior is contained to a party full of players. It's actually not that simple. Here's the full story: (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=30035)

OKAY: Full Party Boosting

Playing with a full group where nobody is idle and everyone is running around getting kills, headshots, sticks, and sweet rejections. Nobody is AFK.

NOT OKAY - Idle Boosting

Getting into a full or partial party with guests or other Gold accounts who are not manned in order to kill AFKs. Also not acceptable is having EVERYONE AFK to attempt to get Credits for time played.

Got it? Good. As always, more nefarious behavior such as network manipulation is right out. The Banhammer catches that kind of behavior in its sleep - and it is always cranky first thing in the morning. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.
It's about time.

Hotrod
December 7th, 2010, 05:57 PM
It's about time.
Agreed, maybe people will finally play the game correctly after this.

jcap
December 7th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Even if that's the case, you aren't going to get even a slap on the wrist. My guess is that this system is designed to catch really bad habitual offenders, who have their controllers repeatedly pressing the A button 24 hours a day.

Limited
December 7th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Even if that's the case, you aren't going to get even a slap on the wrist. My guess is that this system is designed to catch really bad habitual offenders, who have their controllers repeatedly pressing the A button 24 hours a day. Hasnt worked yet (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=T%20U%20R%20K)

Also, technically you did that jcap.

Futzy
December 7th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Invasion is now included in the DLC playlist. Got my 1250/1250.

Spartan094
December 8th, 2010, 06:34 AM
that automatically qualifies korn,advancebo, annhilation and 094 for a trip to bantown...
ujelly?

I find it funny, it doesn't effect you in any possible way and yet your making a big deal, bawww, you know theres always Score Attack or reg FF if somebody want's easier credits.

FYI I would have gotten banned for challenge reseting but I didn't when they were

Oh at least I play better then you and don't get mad every 10 seconds when something bad happens

=sw=warlord
December 8th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I should really send them a message at some point as there's something me and Caboosejr have noticed.
If me and Caboosejr go into firefight and set any two of the search parameters down, we end up in a firefight lobby by ourselves.
I've not a clue what could be causing the MM search to do that but in light of recent event's I'd rather have someone at bungie clarify whether or not this is considered "network manipulation" considering all we're doing is using the ingame search tools.

Kornman00
December 8th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Warlord, your connection is shit, you live in the UK...and yet you're surprised that setting two custom options (one of them I bet is "good connection") isn't giving you any other players?

sevlag
December 8th, 2010, 12:48 PM
ujelly?

I find it funny, it doesn't effect you in any possible way and yet your making a big deal, bawww, you know theres always Score Attack or reg FF if somebody want's easier credits.

FYI I would have gotten banned for challenge reseting but I didn't when they were

Oh at least I play better then you and don't get mad every 10 seconds when something bad happensyou are better than me at killing unmanned guest accounts ill give you that

and jcaps the one who gets mad every 10 seconds. i only get mad when something stupid happens

p0lar_bear
December 8th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Warlord, your connection is shit, you live in the UK...and yet you're surprised that setting two custom options (one of them I bet is "good connection") isn't giving you any other players?I find it odd that it puts them in a lobby instead of just having them sit there forever.

Futzy
December 8th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm in love with the MLG playlist. Occasionally I'll get matched up with a terrible team, but I haven't gone negative yet. I haven't played Reflection outside of multi team before, and that is a really great map, just like I remember it. Objective is much better than the stock shit.

=sw=warlord
December 8th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Warlord, your connection is shit, you live in the UK...and yet you're surprised that setting two custom options (one of them I bet is "good connection") isn't giving you any other players?

Right, that's because I've got a 20Mbps DSL connection right?
According to all the test's I've done to my connection to test whether that is the problem, the connection nor the DL speed itself are the issue.
There is barely any packet loss, the download speed is sustainable the only issue is the upload speed which is not exactly something I can change.
If we want to talk about shit connections, according to Japan anything under 50Mbps is shit.
My question was simple, straight forward and unwavering and you went and made a Jcap remark.

Futzy
December 8th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I get sent straight to voting when I'm in a party before they look for people all the time.
e: Arena is officially dead.

Spartan094
December 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
you are better than me at killing unmanned guest accounts ill give you that
You a funny guy acting like a smart ass. And when that something stupid happens is above every single game about ever 30 seconds to a minute. Then again your not as whiney as my real friends from school I play with.

Normally my K/D would be around a 1.4 to 1.5 instead of above a 2 if I did things normally, still higher then yours.

Kornman00
December 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Right, that's because I've got a 20Mbps DSL connection right?
According to all the test's I've done to my connection to test whether that is the problem, the connection nor the DL speed itself are the issue.
There is barely any packet loss, the download speed is sustainable the only issue is the upload speed which is not exactly something I can change.
If we want to talk about shit connections, according to Japan anything under 50Mbps is shit.
My question was simple, straight forward and unwavering and you went and made a Jcap remark.
I could infract you for comparing me to that degenerate...but then I'd be abusing my powers TheGhost gave to me. Then you'd also be able to compare me to that degenerate.

This isn't just about you, though since you like to do it to me so much, I was stabbing at you. Last I checked, Caboot Jr was in the Americas. Last I checked, you're in the UK. Last I checked, those are two different land masses separated by a large mass of water. Last I checked, you mentioned including two custom search parameters. Last I checked, you didn't specify which (yet were asking the public why something was acting the way it was) so we'll go ahead and guess "good connection" and "language".

If the server finds someone in America, it will work great for Caboots. If it finds someone in tea party land (or maybe, just maybe, someone in Germany who has their language set to english), it works great for you. However, neither works great for both of you. Both of you are in the same party searching for the same game. It can't satisfy the parameters you're giving it for matchmaking. It will try searching but it won't sit there all day trying to fill two slots that doesn't work for both of you.

It either takes forever finding a game that ends up having horrible response, or it only puts those two people who are in the same party, and thus must like playing with each other, into a game and (in this case) let them deal with any connection issues due to completely different locations in the world.

Also, upload rate is a big issue when it comes to this engine's synchronous networking model, especially if the game decides to make you host.

Don't ever compare me to a degenerate again.

e: And just to help people understand, here are some factors used when the server performs matchmaking

gamer_language
gamer_zone
gamer_hostname
affiliate_score
session_score
draw_probability
beta
tau
relative_score
session_team
skill_hill_climbing_factor
hopper_games_played
hopper_games_won
hopper_high_score
global_matchmade_games_played
global_matchmade_games_won
global_matchmade_slayer_games_played
global_matchmade_secret_games_played
global_matchmade_multiplayer_games_played
global_matchmade_slayer_kills
global_matchmade_secret_kills
global_matchmade_multiplayer_kills
hopper_identifier
lowest_skill_level
highest_skill_level
average_skill_level
language_override
mixed_skill_override
joinable_party_size
nat_type
average_mu
team_matching
locality_x
locality_y
locality_z
pref good connection
pref skill
pref language
min_average_skill_level
max_average_skill_level
min_average_mu
max_average_mu
min_skill_level
max_skill_level
min_locality_x
max_locality_x
min_locality_y
max_locality_y
min_locality_z
max_locality_z
weighted_average_party_mu
weighted_min_party_skill
weighted_max_party_skill
weighted_average_party_skill
weighted_social_motivation
weighted_social_tone
weighted_social_chattiness
weighted_social_teamwork
weighted_locality_x
weighted_locality_y
weighted_locality_z
weighted_language
weighted_average_experience
weighted_dlc_1
weighted_dlc_2
weighted_dlc_3
weighted_has_guests

=sw=warlord
December 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I could infract you for comparing me to that degenerate...but then I'd be abusing my powers TheGhost gave to me. Then you'd also be able to compare me to that degenerate.
Last time I read the rules, comparing members wasn't infraction-able.
:downs:
This isn't just about you, though since you like to do it to me so much, I was stabbing at you.
Stab all you like, I find it amusing.
I just know which buttons to press.:haw:

Last I checked, Caboot Jr was in the Americas. Last I checked, you're in the UK. Last I checked, those are two different land masses separated by a large mass of water.
Note how I only mentioned caboosejr?
Everyone else who I join up with from various continents have no troubles even with narrowing down the search parameters.:ugh:
Hell even someone who I know has had troubles connecting to various other people, who lives somewhere in Utah has no issues connecting with me, no lag in campaign for either and no issues searching for players in firefight.

Don't ever compare me to a degenerate again.
Oh I wont,:iamafag:

Dot.

Kornman00
December 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Buttons? Pfffft, I only have to press one button: it says "Ban" on it :mech2:

Last time I read the rules, comparing members wasn't infraction-able.
:downs:

Also note that staff can come up with custom infractions or warnings to suit special situations not covered here that need discipline.
Dot. :downs:

Futzy
December 8th, 2010, 05:35 PM
weighted_dlc_1
weighted_dlc_2
weighted_dlc_3
Oh gosh

Hotrod
December 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
weighted_dlc_1
weighted_dlc_2
weighted_dlc_3
Oh gosh
Only 3 map packs?

That makes me sad :( Or is there a way to add search parameters?

ejburke
December 8th, 2010, 05:47 PM
So, I guess they can't support more than 3 DLC batches without modification to matchmaking?

Off topic, but since it came up earlier, Halo Wars is no longer losing its stat tracking. That is all.

Futzy
December 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
It's probably 3 planned. These are just in something similar to an xml, right korn?

Kornman00
December 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
It's from game code which was before the retail release which is why I said "some".

Off topic, but since it came up earlier, Halo Wars is no longer losing its stat tracking. That is all.

Waypoint and 343 Industries were always uncomfortable with the idea of taking stat-tracking offline, even though the technical and logistical problems presented made sense. The argument that it was a small and shrinking population didn’t do much to quell the reaction of both Halo Wars fans and Halo FPS fans who were concerned about the future of other Halo titles, and we decided that the current plan of action was not in line with how we have always intended to support Halo games and the Halo franchise in general.

(Source (http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/14/t/1894.aspx))

Great! Now what was your people's excuse for H2V? Oh right, H2V doesn't exist anymore apparently

Hotrod
December 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Oh ok, so I guess there's always the possibility of them adding more then, right?

=sw=warlord
December 8th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Great! Now what was your people's excuse for H2V? Oh right, H2V doesn't exist anymore apparently
I've just brought that subject up in their forums.

Great.
Now what about Halo 2 Vista?
It's linked to Games for windows LIVE servers for achievements and according to the GFWL support section, support for this game is supposedly going to last up until 2012.
Is H2V going to be added to Waypoint at sometime or was the faith I had in Microsoft for supporting their games when I purchased H2V in vain?
(http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/14/p/1894/10508.aspx#10508)

ejburke
December 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Just remember: if they can erase H2V, they can erase YOU! Just send a cable about the H2V debacle to the US state department.

=sw=warlord
December 8th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Just remember: if they can erase H2V, they can erase YOU! Just send a cable about the H2V debacle to the US state department.

Nah, just send the cable to wikileaks.
I'm sure by morning it will be all over the news tabloids about how Microsoft shafted pretty much everyone who wanted H2 for pc.
If wikileaks can make such a outcry with diplomat banter, I would love to see everyone's reactions with the bullshit Microsoft sends out.

Also; just lit a fire underneath the AL bitches on B.net, suggested adding back the energy drain H3 and have it disable all abilities but be a pick up and single time use only.:realsmug:

Futzy
December 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
nvm

Limited
December 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Warlord, run the BT speedchecker, there are ALOT more variables in terms of phone line, when it comes with speeds.
http://speedtester.bt.com/

DarkHalo003
December 8th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Keep in mind, Firefight involves parties of 2 to 4. It probably does that by default considering the specifications. Halo 3 did the same thing with language barriers and what not.

More DLC? AWESOME! I can't wait to play new stuff. I've been elsewhere since I rented Metroid 3 Corruption, but after tonight I'll be back online considering I have to turn MP3C in. I'm going to my first FFA tournament on Saturday, which should be an educational experience in terms of the actual running of the tournament since I will be hosting one in the future.

Does anyone know if they plan on changing up BTB to add in more variety in starts instead of nearly always DMRs? And by nearly always, I mean almost always with the exception of BTB Snipers.

Spartan094
December 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Lost twice in Breakpoint Invasion, reason why is because 2 teammates quit both games. And in my last game the our teammate whored the wraith to the point he killed every team member going for the bomb that was 2 feet away from the bomb to be planted. Ugh, damn this last achievement.

p0lar_bear
December 8th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I've just brought that subject up in their forums.

Too bad nobody cares on those boards, apparently. :/

Warsaw
December 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm so-so at the game, but I play for lulz and not for creds.

Spartan094
December 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Finally got a good invasion game and won, also I got my last achievement, yay for 56 out of 56!

DarkHalo003
December 9th, 2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=53979876&postRepeater1-p=2

Looks like someone may have found a terminal.

Kornman00
December 9th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Someone thought they found a terminal on nightfall too, just because it looked like a computer terminal. Doesn't make it an easter egg terminal.

Typical b.net thread

Spartan094
December 9th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Typical b.net thread

Do we need to go over how b.net kids are for the 1000 time?

sevlag
December 10th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Do we need to go over how b.net kids are for the 1000 time?
retarded? ignorant to how their engine works...think MLG is some form of christ

did that cover it?

Shock120
December 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I wish I could match up with US players under 100ms. :'(
(That's the most I could achieve on my 50Mb connection...)

Spartan094
December 10th, 2010, 05:45 PM
retarded? ignorant to how their engine works...think MLG is some form of christ

did that cover it?
It's a much longer list that will make any person rage and destroy their computer.

E: If anybody could render this film much thanks would apply, SD or HD it doesn't matter it's under a minute.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10481885&player=Darkbdawg08

I used to have like 255 render minutes months ago but spent them rendering beta game sessions in full HD which cost a pretty penny and the rest assassination animations.

DarkHalo003
December 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I'm beginning to fully agree with reducing melee damage to 75%. The double melee is the main problem that irks me about melee.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Welcome to the melee-damage-nerf party, Freelancer.

Llama Juice
December 12th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I just wish they didn't separate the shield health from the actual health. I wish the melee would carry over from shield to real because as it is now you pretty much have to double melee, the spam bullets + Punch is hella weak and awkward now because you have to wait until their shield pops before you can punch them.

But ye know, that's just my opinion and I'm sure they thought of that during design and more people could come up with more arguements to nerf it a little bit and make it more difficult to kill people.

Hell, I miss the days of BLB and BXB. Bring back double melee glitch so I can melee faster.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Dude, you've had to wait for their shields to pop to punch them since the first game. If they made it like you said, then people wouldn't even have to try. Shoot one shot, punch, done.

ejburke
December 12th, 2010, 10:35 PM
2 Punch kills aren't the problem. The problem is that it's really a 1-punch kill, because once you land the first punch, the second is academic.

I think a puncher with shields punching someone else with shields, should have his shields pop along with the punchee's. Make it some kind of contact feedback in the fiction to explain it. That way, the punchee can retaliate while the puncher is stuck in his melee cooldown period, punishing the puncher for trying to punch a guy who still had shields up.

But whatever.

Warsaw
December 12th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Or they could go back and make it 3-4 punch kills. Easier that way and makes logical sense without extra story background to muddy the waters.

ejburke
December 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I want a system that encourages only one punch to be thrown. Throwing consecutive punches -- whether it's 2 or 3 or 4 -- looks stupid and should not work, period. I want the ideal to be Drop Shields-Punch-Kill.

I don't feel like Halo has ever gotten it right.

Pooky
December 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I'm beginning to fully agree with reducing melee damage to 75%. The double melee is the main problem that irks me about melee.

Funny how every time I rage about something, people go 'umad' for a few months until they eventually realize I was right. Hooray for always being ahead of the curve.

TeeKup
December 13th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Weren't you the one who said the DMR would be one of the more annoying points sometime after the beta?

Hotrod
December 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
So the new weekly challenge is very interesting. I doubt I'll be able to get it though :S

200 multikills in multiplayer matchmaking...damn...

Spartan094
December 13th, 2010, 05:19 PM
So the new weekly challenge is very interesting. I doubt I'll be able to get it though :S

200 multikills in multiplayer matchmaking...damn...
Pssh easy, lots of Big team and DLC

Hotrod
December 13th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Pssh easy, lots of Big team and DLC
Not when you have finals at the end of the week to study for :S

sevlag
December 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Not when you have finals at the end of the week to study for :S
same..

Spartan094
December 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Wats dis finals you speak of, my school hasn't told me jack shit other then a few projects they gave for me to work on like right now...so no reach today

Hotrod
December 13th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Wats dis finals you speak of, my school hasn't told me jack shit other then a few projects they gave for me to work on like right now...so no reach today
University finals ;)

Necr0matic
December 13th, 2010, 08:18 PM
We need a remake of Zanzibar in Reach.

Warsaw
December 14th, 2010, 12:07 AM
@ejburke: What was wrong about the original system that you didn't like? If you tried to do consecutive punches, you got what you deserved when you were hosed down by a hail of assault rifle bullets or a prompt three shots to the head. If you took their shields down and injured them a bit, you were rewarded when you made a well-timed throw. It worked.

ejburke
December 14th, 2010, 12:35 AM
I just think straight nerfing the melee isn't the answer. It should be able to deplete all remaining health when the shield is down. You have this nice visible shield pop telling you that it's safe to melee. You don't have to continue wittling him down, until you figure that he's half-health, before you melee.

I also think it's a problem that in the case of a pure melee fight, the guy who lands the first punch always wins. He's ahead of the damage over time curve and all he has to do is keep throwing punches. I know that's a special case, but it highlights that the melee mechanic is kind of thoughtless. For being one of the "Holy Triangle", it strikes me as needing more design attention.

Warsaw
December 14th, 2010, 12:49 AM
See, that's basically how it was in the first game. You didn't have to try to keep whittling him down before the melee, it just happened when the excess damage to the shields carried over. I don't call it nerfed, I call it balanced. There is no reason a punch should take out shields or all health in a single blow, anyways, especially considering that you don't have 3500 J behind your punch and you do have 3500 J behind each of your assault rifle bullets. I'm not even trying to be a realism freak here, it just logically doesn't make any sense no matter how you slice it.

As for the "Holy Triangle", that's some bullshit Bungie invented after they [wrongfully] thought it needed to be there starting in Halo 2. In creating this bullshit triangle, they turned Halo into a melee/grenade shitfest. Even Halo 1 with infinite grenades was never that bad.

ejburke
December 14th, 2010, 02:40 AM
The damage bleed made for some inconsistencies. Obviously, when you play a game a ton, you get a feel for it and you could predictably finish people off. But depending on what combination of attacks you used to take a guy's shields down, he might be one melee away from dying or two. I think that's a problem, but I imagine most people didn't give it a second thought.

As for the triangle or tripod or whatever, it's only about 42% bullshit. If we go with the tripod analogy, guns are the massive, throbbing, turgid cock and the other two are just a couple of legs. Grenades and melee will never be the equal of guns, but that doesn't mean they can't have as much utility as possible.

The kernel of truth that spawned the Holy Tripod is that we are constantly evaluating whether we should be pulling the trigger, throwing a punch, or lobbing a grenade. That is what's stimulating about Halo for a lot of people. Whereas, I can't stand Call of Duty, because they trade off a lot of tactical opportunities for aiming down dumb-ass iron sights. But hey, what do I know? A million people walking around with cheap night vision goggles and remote-controlled cars packed with fake C4 can't be wrong.

Where was I? So, while gunplay is important, I believe grenades and melee should be attractive options that occupy tactical niches and are fair. Halo 1 melee was the most fair, bu its tactical niche was a bit fuzzy. I just think it can be done better, is all I'm saying.

But I've always missed the Halo 1 frag grenades. My theory about all the Reach grenade spam is: that's all they're good for. If I could rely on my grenades to fucking land where I throw them and detonate, I would be less likely to chuck them blindly around a corner and cross my fingers.

Pooky
December 14th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Where was I? So, while gunplay is important, I believe grenades and melee should be attractive options that occupy tactical niches and are fair. Halo 1 melee was the most fair, bu its tactical niche was a bit fuzzy. I just think it can be done better, is all I'm saying.

You might not say that if you obsessively melee whored as much as I did in Halo 1. Just ask Teekup, I was deadly with that shit on Halo PC. The melee attack did exactly what it was supposed to do and it did fine. There's no reason a melee attack should ever win over a gun in a straight fight, yet that's the mistake all modern FPS games seem to be making.

But I've always missed the Halo 1 frag grenades. My theory about all the Reach grenade spam is: that's all they're good for. If I could rely on my grenades to fucking land where I throw them and detonate, I would be less likely to chuck them blindly around a corner and cross my fingers.

If you're talking grenade behavior, and not grenade damage, then yes. Halo 1 grenades were absolutely fucking ridiculous, nerfing their radius and damage was the best thing Bungie ever did IMO. I knew people who were so good with the frags, they could place one precisely on any point of the map from any other point. It made the small maps pretty retarded after a while.

Really though, a lot of the grenades inconsistency comes from Bungie's newfound love for putting random jutting pieces of geometry all over their maps. They started that with Halo 3, and carried it over into Reach.

DarkHalo003
December 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I don't know if its just me, but doesn't Breakpoint look like Snow Grove? Looks like the same concept, but smaller and slimmed down.
It's nothing like Snow Grove at all. It's kind of like an outdoor Rat's Nest mixed with Sandtrap in terms of scale and proportion. The mix of internal structures and external terrain make it a great map for Invasion.

annihilation
December 14th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Tempest is a essentially Valhalla.
Anchor 9 is similar to The Pit.

Also, MLG is a really fun playlist (everyone is horrible in this playlist) just make sure you have a good team.

Hotrod
December 15th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Tempest is a essentially Valhalla.
Anchor 9 is similar to The Pit.

Also, MLG is a really fun playlist (everyone is horrible in this playlist) just make sure you have a good team.
Tempest is completely different from Valhalla...I mean yeah sure, you have the two bases that have a gravity lift but aside from that, they're completely different in size and in layout. And yeah, I agree with you when you say that Anchor 9 is similar to the pit.

And I dunno, the MLG playlist just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's due to the fact that I just can't get used to the tweaks they've made, or maybe it's because it's a DMR spamfest. Either way, I don't like it :S

annihilation
December 15th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Actually Valhalla is very similar to Tempest if it was shrunken.
It even has a crashed Longsword instead of a Pelican and a very similar rock layout.

Pooky
December 15th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Tempest is completely different from Valhalla...I mean yeah sure, you have the two bases that have a gravity lift but aside from that, they're completely different in size and in layout. And yeah, I agree with you when you say that Anchor 9 is similar to the pit.

And I dunno, the MLG playlist just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's due to the fact that I just can't get used to the tweaks they've made, or maybe it's because it's a DMR spamfest. Either way, I don't like it :S

It's MLG, how could you expect anything other than human midrange headshot weapon spam.

sevlag
December 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
person cant accept fact new armor cant be added, then goes back on himself and says he never said it...also "ujcap is now a injoke" (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50830478&postRepeater1-p=8)

Shock120
December 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM
person cant accept fact new armor cant be added, then goes back on himself and says he never said it...also "ujcap is now a injoke" (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=50830478&postRepeater1-p=8)nice work, bro. :D

DarkHalo003
December 15th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I lol'd reading that thread.

L0d3x
December 16th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Sevlag and Shock, you guys behaved as immature as the guy who was "wrong". You must feel so proud.
ITTY BITTY BABY, ITTY BITTY BOAT

Spartan094
December 16th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Sev lag has a passionate hate for how retarded b.net kiddies get. Just let him go all out on them.

Shock120
December 16th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Sevlag and Shock, you guys behaved as immature as the guy who was "wrong". You must feel so proud.
...Sevlag does a better job at pwning b.net kids. :D

Kornman00
December 16th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Can we just forget about that cesspool and move on with our posts?

IDBI.

Kornman00
December 17th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Is anyone else having shit with b.net right now?

IE totally fucks up the page. FF on the other hand just keeps trying to fucking log me in with Windows Live, even though the service on b.net currently appears BORK BORK BORK'd, so I can't even see the front page (or any page for that matter).

annihilation
December 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Recently I've been having problems with it too.

It always gives me an XML error then it reparses it as a HTML (which doesn't work either).

I'm using Opera btw.

GOD DAMNIT BUNGIE! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RAGE ABOUT POWER WEAPONS IN ARENA DOUBLES NOW!?

E: How close is everyone to getting the weekly challenge? Last I checked I only had 37 multikills.

Spartan094
December 17th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I'm not even near 50 multikills. I know a few techniques though how to get it quicker :realsmug: and it's not boosting, today in school we have an xbox in my 1st class and I can stay there for the ENTIRE day with every class and we have xbox live, so yeah.

sevlag
December 17th, 2010, 08:00 AM
i can get on bungie.net no problem

as to why I'm not banned yet for making children cry...i have no idea

also its still really sad how hard lodex tries to make me angry, but then again if i lived where he does I'd have nothing better to do too.

L0d3x
December 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM
How did I try to make you angry...
I would have posted the same if it was someone else. Real mature bro!

E: LOL you actually PM'd me on bungie.net for no reason, I really must be getting on your system somehow by doing nothing xD

sevlag
December 17th, 2010, 03:13 PM
god bless the ignore button, works wonders when undesirables try to pester someone.

anyways pandered over to the OPTIMATCH forums and noticed a few more people whining about no BR in reach. Whats worse is people think the Halo 3 sandbox is extremely balanced

Warsaw
December 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Halo's entire problem is that it's balanced to a fault.

Arteen
December 17th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Oh armor lock+lag, how I hate you so. (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=11297270&player=ArteenEsben)

L0d3x
December 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Halo 3 was alot of fun in medium sized games. Halo Reach is more fun in Big Team games. It's almost as if Halo 3's sandbox was designed for medium sized games, and Halo Reach for big team (as I find that close quarter combat in halo reach really sucks ass and is amazingly "random").

Also Sevlag keeps spamming me on bungie.net with angry PM's...

TeeKup
December 17th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Oh armor lock+lag, how I hate you so. (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=11297270&player=ArteenEsben)

Multiply this by a thousand and add all the other bullshit we've said...you get my reason why I stopped playing.

annihilation
December 18th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Just got the challenge for not dying on Nightfall 5 minutes before they reset the challenges. :realsmug:

Kornman00
December 18th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Played a DLC map for the first time this morning. Tempest. Slayer. Shitty game. annihilation will back me up. Now I'll have this shitty taste in my mouth every time I play Tempest.

Futzy
December 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Tempest is probably the best map in the game now.

annihilation
December 18th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Except when blue team is nowhere to be found untill they all drop from the sky at the very end.

Anchor 9 and Swordbase imo are the best maps.

sevlag
December 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Except when blue team is nowhere to be found untill they all drop from the sky at the very end.

anchor 9 is a great map. still dont understand the attraction of snipers only GT in reach since the thing is hitscan

Spartan094
December 18th, 2010, 09:38 AM
anchor 9 is a great map. still dont understand the attraction of snipers only GT in reach since the thing is hitscan
It's just kids self-esteem, they think they are a total badass with a sniper GT.

Also korn Tempest is one of the DLC maps I don't like playing on.

sevlag
December 18th, 2010, 09:56 AM
It's just kids self-esteem, they think they are a total badass with a sniper GT.

i mean GT in Game Type not Gamer Tag

tempest HAS the potential to be a good map, its just not there ATM

Hotrod
December 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Swordbase is one of the worst maps ever made since they took out the sniper Rifle. All people do now is camp the retarded yellow lift room. Anchor 9 and Tempest are definitely the best maps, as well as Powerhouse.

Kornman00
December 18th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Played it again, this time it was Multiteam and headhunter...still not really digging it, but I'll give it a few more games. I think it fits more as an objective style map. I'm not so sure about slayer. Still haven't bought the DLC yet, playing on a friend's console.

sevlag
December 18th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Played it again, this time it was Multiteam and headhunter...still not really digging it, but I'll give it a few more games. I think it fits more as an objective style map. I'm not so sure about slayer. Still haven't bought the DLC yet, playing on a friend's console.
it honestly needs a few tweaks to be good, like actual vehicles on map

still not digging hitscan snipers

Hotrod
December 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Dunno if this is where I should post this, but I think I'd post a link to a thread of mine on Bungie.net that links to a video clip I made today :

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=54316407&postRepeater1-p=2

Suffice to say that humanity is now fucked :)

Shock120
December 18th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Dunno if this is where I should post this, but I think I'd post a link to a thread of mine on Bungie.net that links to a video clip I made today :

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=54316407&postRepeater1-p=2

Suffice to say that humanity is now fucked :)That was a very good video. :D

Spartan094
December 18th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Lmao that's a good one hotrod. I also like how it SPUN downwards

fake +rep

e: I would acutely render it in HD if I didn't spend 2 minutes yesterday lol.

L0d3x
December 18th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm working on an Invasion map set on Tempest. It's actually a very clever map that does lean surprisingly well to almost all gametypes, ohoho!

sevlag
December 18th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Lmao that's a good one hotrod. I also like how it SPUN downwards

fake +rep

e: I would acutely render it in HD if I didn't spend 2 minutes yesterday lol.i could HD it, just let me render "light speed ghost" first

anyways those bitmaps were lol huge

Spartan094
December 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
anyways those bitmaps were lol huge
shhhhhh :v:

sevlag
December 18th, 2010, 10:37 PM
shhhhhh :v:
anyways MLG was making you jcap, i'm going to be honest we've never encountered people that spam happy before

Spartan094
December 18th, 2010, 10:54 PM
anyways MLG was making you jcap, i'm going to be honest we've never encountered people that spam happy before
And yes I was, I got so irritated because it was laggy and spam happy

And the other bullshit game of Sword Base consisting of the other team camping, could only use power weapons to win, spam happy, armor lock, active camo wielding sword/shotgun. You name it the other team did it in that game, blah.

Oh well on another note I play FF (not Score Attack) by myself, set my region to South Africa, log in my guest, get a game of me and my guest, sign out guest, and have almost 3 whole sets to myself without having a quit ban. I hate people getting mad when I can get a wraith and blow it up with anything they have.

Arteen
December 19th, 2010, 09:29 AM
It's been over three months since release and my Bungie.net service record still doesn't show my Spartan. What could possibly be taking them so long?

sevlag
December 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
It's been over three months since release and my Bungie.net service record still doesn't show my Spartan. What could possibly be taking them so long?
they're too busy with their WoW sweat shop they have out in the honduras to bother fixing it ATM, that and its corporate holiday season number 3

DarkHalo003
December 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm working on an Invasion map set on Tempest. It's actually a very clever map that does lean surprisingly well to almost all gametypes, ohoho!
I'm looking forward to an Invasion map that's more innovative than linear. I think Tempest would be a good map for it.

My brother has occupied by Xbox with Red Dead Redemption, so I haven't played since last week, but has anyone seen a difference in the amount of quitting/AFKing since the new update Bungie has put into place?

Futzy
December 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM
My brother has occupied by Xbox with Red Dead Redemption, so I haven't played since last week, but has anyone seen a difference in the amount of quitting/AFKing since the new update Bungie has put into place?
Bungie has not implemented any new systems and even if they did it would not change anything.

Corvette19
December 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Reach Sucks.
I hate it, like it is incredibly slow paced.

Kornman00
December 20th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Blame Stosh. He's probably waiting for the game's population to die down so that the servers aren't being hit as often :downs:

See below

Bungie has not implemented any new systems and even if they did it would not change anything.
^. Nothing has changed yet. Merry xmas, Santa got you some idlers. I only play to get the daily challenges now then get off and play some other games that aren't Reach now.

p0lar_bear
December 20th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Also Sevlag keeps spamming me on bungie.net with angry PM's...

Who cares? Leave off-site drama off-site, thanks.

annihilation
December 20th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Right now I'm only playing untill I get Blops.
I'll keep going back and forth between the two.

sevlag
December 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Who cares? Leave off-site drama off-site, thanks.hes jsut made i ignored him on bnet afterr he sent me ONE message.

anyways im starting to hate MM due to all the fucking grenade spam, i sat CLOAKED on countdown and for a solid FIVE MINUTES there was nothing but vibration coming from my controller

L0d3x
December 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Lol I'm not mad, let me clarify that kid! xD
You guys can ban me from your pathetic little nerd site now, thanks :-)

Spartan094
December 20th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Somebody is jcaping

Reach Sucks.
ujelly? next time care to explain in detail why instead of one thing

Futzy
December 20th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Reach Sucks.
MLG playlist is this great new thing I've been hearing about.
Seriously, it's amazing. All of the changes they made should have been in the stock gametypes.

Limited
December 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM
anyways im starting to hate MM due to all the fucking grenade spam, i sat CLOAKED on countdown and for a solid FIVE MINUTES there was nothing but vibration coming from my controller
How about you quit being a baby, put on armour lock and go deflect some grenades?

=sw=warlord
December 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
If it bothers you that much, turn the fucking vibration off.
It's not that big of a deal nor is it a hard "problem" to fix.
I barely ever play with vibration and it makes a fuckton of a difference.

Futzy
December 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM
If it bothers you that much, turn the fucking vibration off.
It's not that big of a deal nor is it a hard "problem" to fix.
I barely ever play with vibration and it makes a fuckton of a difference.
That's not what he was complaining about

=sw=warlord
December 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM

I wasn't talking to you was I?
Did I anywhere in my reply quote you at all?
No? then why did you make a logical leap in assuming you were the person I was referring to?

Limited
December 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
What post did you read? Vibration is an effect caused from grenades, he complained about grenades and mentioned vibrations. You do realise they have implemented an armour ability, thats sole purpose is to tackle explosive and other high impact threats?

sevlag
December 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
What post did you read? Vibration is an effect caused from grenades, he complained about grenades and mentioned vibrations. You do realize they have implemented an armour ability, thats sole purpose is to tackle explosive and other high impact threats?
i was complaining about how much spam was coming from that one match i DID participate in said match but the point im trying to get across is that even though it wasnt elite slayer there was such a ridiculous

you need to read it better next time. hte point of my complaint is people need to simmer down on grenades and possible start shooting their guns more often

DarkHalo003
December 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
i was complaining about how much spam was coming from that one match i DID participate in said match but the point im trying to get across is that even though it wasnt elite slayer there was such a ridiculous

you need to read it better next time. hte point of my complaint is people need to simmer down on grenades and possible start shooting their guns more often
Nerf grenades a bit then for most playlists? People aren't going to just simmer down on grenades. If anything, I'd make it to where in Arena you'd have to find the grenades before you could use them or limit it to 1.

I've seen more Heroes and Field Marshalls lately. The anti-boosting hasn't been enforced yet it seems.

jcap
December 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM
No, the anti-boosting stuff has been implemented. It's just that they are using a cheap and extremely unreliable method of detecting boosters. My guess is that they are picking up people (and guest accounts) who had 0 kills. So now if you are boosting with guests, all everyone does is get like 5 kills per account while the booster gets 80. Or, if you are AFKing in Firefight, you just get 10 kills and walk away for the rest of the game. There's plenty of people doing it.

But, that's pretty much the only way to detect them. If they were to solely base the game off of your "kills over time" graph, they would innocently ban A LOT of BAD players. My friend's brother is 18, but he is probably worse than a 5 year old. He averages like 3 kills a game and always goes about -20, but he always goes for the objective. His kills over time looks like he idles the entire game, but that's because he can't kill.

DarkHalo003
December 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
As long as they get the boosters who AFK all day then at least one battle is won. That's the way i see it at least.

jcap
December 20th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I hardly call it "a battle won" when the same people who AFKed all day are still doing it, but now in a slightly different fashion.

Kornman00
December 21st, 2010, 03:50 AM
They should add a distance traveled tracker (that monitors actual distance, not based on how long the biped has been running...into a wall) on top of their input tracking, on top of their kill tracking. They'll hit the ones who just have their jump button tapped down while missing the ones who find themselves a nice snipping spot and just camp it out.

jcap
December 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM
They do track distance traveled with race games, so it's probably possible to record with a title update (if it's not recorded in the stats sent to them already).

Combined with kill statistics, it should be pretty accurate. If someone camps the entire game and doesn't move, they'll probably still have enough kills. Or, if someone sucks at killing but is extremely good at being a moving target, they will have a lot of distance. The only issue I can see with that is if someone rubberbands down the forward stick. :-/ In a map like Hemorrhage, you would start walking across the entire map every time you spawn.

=sw=warlord
December 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Just thought this deserved being mentioned here.

Do you know why the casual's are better than the profag competitive gamers?
Whilst the competitive players are busy complaining about the casual's. the casual's don't even bother wasting their time and just play the game.

Posted by: Stardriver 1
Well, "casual" has a negative connotation. It's used by players that want Reach to be a game that it's not. Only "casual" players like Reach. Therefore, if you like Reach you are a "casual" player.

Once being labeled as "casual" you can be dismissed as "unskilled","ignorant","fanboy","stupid",etc.

See how that works?

And yet, it's the competitive players who lack the skills to evolve their tactics to a ever changing game set, whilst in their own ignorance try to meld the game they're so focused and fanatical about to their own personal depictions of the "perfect" game.
See how that works?

Pooky
December 21st, 2010, 07:05 PM
And yet it's the "casuals" who ignorantly group people like me who simply dislike Reach in its entirely with the ultra profag competitive gamers.

Derp.

t3h m00kz
December 21st, 2010, 09:23 PM
I don't understand gamers these days. If someone don't like a game, if it's leading to infinite frustration, why are the hell do they playing it? I play video games to wind down, not to have more shit to be stressed out about. I mean, I'll do my damned best to get as good of a score as possible, but I'm not gonna bitch about shit if I lose. A game starts frustrating me, I just go play something else.. I mean, really, is it a complex concept?

E:

"why the hell do they playing it" is now a meme. so sayeth the m00k.

DarkHalo003
December 21st, 2010, 09:50 PM
I don't understand gamers these days. If someone don't like a game, if it's leading to infinite frustration, why are the hell do they playing it? I play video games to wind down, not to have more shit to be stressed out about. I mean, I'll do my damned best to get as good of a score as possible, but I'm not gonna bitch about shit if I lose. A game starts frustrating me, I just go play something else.. I mean, really, is it a complex concept?
Because most gamers who say they hate it are just rage posting because something didn't go their way. It's becoming more and more common too. Why do people get so royally pissed about stuff that's supposed to happen?

Now things like spawn camping are understood frustrations though.

Donut
December 21st, 2010, 10:05 PM
because they either dont have another competitive game to play, or theyre complaining about a certain element of the game that they dont like. pick any specific complaint in this whole thread, take the person who typed that complaint, and have that specific thing happen to them a couple times in a game. see if they dont rage a little. i know when i play games, its specific things that make me flip out, but it doesnt mean i dont like or enjoy the game.

Pooky
December 22nd, 2010, 03:28 AM
I don't understand gamers these days. If someone don't like a game, if it's leading to infinite frustration, why are the hell do they playing it?

If you're talking about me, I don't play Reach anymore and haven't for quite some time. It wasn't what I wanted from a Halo game, and was really disappointing coming from Bungie.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to keep discussing it. If people want to go in a forum thread so they can ejaculate all over a game, they're going to have to deal with critics too.

tl;dr complaining about complaining is hypocritical. There will always be someone who doesn't like something. Deal with it.

Arteen
December 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Bungie's still seems a bit bitter about Pelican-gate, judging by the latest podcast. A post titled "do you want to fly the pelican?" contains instructions for how to fly the pelican (which it actually didn't)? Madness! You fiend!

lol

leorimolo
December 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Bungie's still seems a bit bitter about Pelican-gate, judging by the latest podcast. A post titled "do you want to fly the pelican?" contains instructions for how to fly the pelican (which it actually didn't)? Madness! You fiend!

lol
Once again, anthony last year read out the scripts and found out the whole hayabusa deal. They should have known better.

jcap
December 22nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
Once again, anthony last year read out the scripts and found out the whole hayabusa deal. They should have known better.
Well, it's not like Bungie could have done anything to prevent it. They just shouldn't have been so surprised and shocked when it was found in the scripts.

Kornman00
December 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM

lol
Funny, the post wasn't titled "instructions on how to fly teh pelicanz"!

Not my fault they want to keep digging at that scar. Will have to give the podcast a listen later.

http://ramparts360.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/not-a-crook.png

leorimolo
December 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
Well, it's not like Bungie could have done anything to prevent it. They just shouldn't have been so surprised and shocked when it was found in the scripts.

Man im sure they could have uses some random ass names for the script objects, at least something less obvious than RINGS or PHANTOM/PELICAN

sevlag
December 22nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
Man im sure they could have uses some random ass names for the script objects, at least something less obvious than RINGS or PHANTOM/PELICAN
but then they would have to name the obj files as that so it would've just taken a few more hours probably