PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24

DarkHalo003
December 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Watch there be a legendary ending that no one has found yet just like that scenario. Watch it be under the captions "Poo poo ca ca pee pee."

sevlag
December 22nd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Watch there be a legendary ending that no one has found yet just like that scenario. Watch it be under the captions "Poo poo ca ca pee pee."
the only legendary ending there REALLY is so far is when keyes talks to N6, on heroic or lower he says "Doctor Halsey", on legendary he calls her by her first name

jcap
December 22nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
IIRC there's no difficulty check scripts on Lone Wolf other than for AI, and AFAIK scripts can't check the condition of skulls.

Summary: there is no legendary ending.

leorimolo
December 23rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
IIRC there's no difficulty check scripts on Lone Wolf other than for AI, and AFAIK scripts can't check the condition of skulls.

Summary: there is no legendary ending.
Yeah they can actually, I recall seeing it in the halo 2 super hidden easter egg script. Since you had to have enabled 2 of the skulls before you went for that hidden one.

Shock120
December 23rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah they can actually, I recall seeing it in the halo 2 super hidden easter egg script. Since you had to have enabled 2 of the skulls before you went for that hidden one.Was that the Megg easter egg on Cairo Station?

DarkHalo003
December 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Was that the Megg easter egg on Cairo Station?
This does raise a few pointers, but I have reconsidered there being a legendary ending since this IS Bungie's last Halo game and they really had no clue as to what would start next in the series (after Halo 3). In other words, they would have have to been ordered by MS to implant the teaser ending since MS is the only producer for Halo, now that Bungie has decided to move on.

Donut
December 23rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
well they did that with halo 3. like they said, we know what happens after reach, and reach is destroyed along with everyone on it, so what could you possibly tease toward?

if anything, that last scene with the pillar of autumn was a teaser for that halo 1 remake, if it ever happens.

leorimolo
December 23rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Was that the Megg easter egg on Cairo Station?
No, it was one in outskirts, I think it was for iwhbyd skull. It was some crazy shit like having black eye on solo, going through the level without loosing your shields, hitting a trigger volume and then once out of every 7 times it would work, it was random too. Fuck give me a break no one would have ever found that out.

Kornman00
December 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah they can actually, I recall seeing it in the halo 2 super hidden easter egg script. Since you had to have enabled 2 of the skulls before you went for that hidden one.
That was Halo 2. This is Reach. Skulls are no longer ice cream and they don't have a function which checks the current status of a skull (http://code.google.com/p/open-sauce/source/browse/BlamLib/BlamLib/Games/HaloReach/Xbox/Definitions/HaloReach_Xbox_Scripting.xml).

There is no legendary ending. I don't know how many times this shit has to be fucking said. They explained in the legendary edition commentary that they replaced a unique ending with Lone Wolf. Lone Wolf is your fucking legendary ending. That is all.

Arteen
December 24th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Too bad Lone Wolf was a terrible way to end a game.

DarkHalo003
December 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Too bad Lone Wolf was a terrible way to end a game.
If they would have done it better and made it not so linear it would have been a great level. It was a good concept to ending the game, but even for Bungie it was executed wrong.

Pooky
December 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM
If they would have done it better and made it not so linear it would have been a great level. It was a good concept to ending the game, but even for Bungie it was executed wrong.

Ouch... Bungie just got dissed.

PlasbianX
December 24th, 2010, 05:23 PM
I think lone wolf could of been a hell of a lot better if there were multiple ways to end it (all resulting in you dieing). Like if you die rather fast, it shows him not putting up much of a fight, or if you last more than a set amount of time, the ending changes to show him running out of ammo and just getting overrun. All branches of the ending tho would result in him dieing, so it doesn't necessarily change the fact he's dead other than how he died.

=sw=warlord
December 24th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I think lone wolf could of been a hell of a lot better if there were multiple ways to end it (all resulting in you dieing). Like if you die rather fast, it shows him not putting up much of a fight, or if you last more than a set amount of time, the ending changes to show him running out of ammo and just getting overrun. All branches of the ending tho would result in him dieing, so it doesn't necessarily change the fact he's dead other than how he died.
Or better yet, the long you last the more different types of covenant show up.
for instance you die early you see grunts and jackals in the cutscene, little longer you get the standard one with elites, little longer some brutes and then finally you see him taking on all of the above plus a few hunters.

Arteen
December 24th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I think Reach would've been better if Lone Wolf just didn't exist. Why did Six wander into the middle of nowhere a few hours after the end of Pillar of Autumn? What about all of the nearby marines at the dock? Why didn't he regroup with them? Couldn't the army still use his help? What's Six trying to accomplish? What are all those Spartans doing there? What were they trying to accomplish? How did a squad of badass supersoldiers all die like that? What's the point of having players get invested in their own personal Six if he does nothing important until the very last level and dies for no clear reason hours later? How is the message of hope at the end supposed to be any sort of reassuring while staring at your own corpse?

DarkHalo003
December 24th, 2010, 06:29 PM
THIS. I wish there weren't the outer boundaries so soon just so you could actually Hijack a Wraith. I also wish the AI didn't go from Minors to Generals and it just stayed Generals/Ultras. That was also a major flaw with the level. I think it was just Bungie being like "Let's throw this in for one last hoorah," which is okay for it being the last level for their Halo series.

=sw=warlord
December 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
For a real send off, lone wolf should have been a warthog race.
Even if six died by some stupid way.

Spartan094
December 24th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Lone Wolf should have customized settings, random different AI fighting settings, random AI/cut scenes at the end. Really it should have been a customizable ending and could add the option to fight with other spartans that eventually die helping you or when your about to die in a cutscene fending off until they die.

It was also disappointing when they boasted how big forge world was when in reality it wasn't.

Siliconmaster
December 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Forge world is pretty darned huge o_o Especially compared to any previous Bungie maps. Sure, some other games have larger maps, but really? I'm not complaining about that of all things.

DarkHalo003
December 26th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Forge world is pretty darned huge o_o Especially compared to any previous Bungie maps. Sure, some other games have larger maps, but really? I'm not complaining about that of all things.
I'm only mad that we couldn't have access to that spire and more of that mountain terrain in the map. Otherwise, I'm alright with it.

Con
December 27th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Lone Wolf felt to me like it was just meant to get people excited for Firefight once they finished SP. I agree with Arteen; you die for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Is this supposed to be significant?

Hotrod
December 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM
It seemed to me as though Lone Wolf was just an interesting way to make your character die. That way they don't need to put in a bunch of bullshit to explain where Noble 6 goes and all that.

Siliconmaster
December 27th, 2010, 05:16 PM
For a game in which you have scripted cutscenes showing each character die, at least you had a chance to personally survive. Granted, it might not have been the coolest best thing evar made lulz, but it was a nice touch of user control over a scripted storyline.

And Con, you've delivered your package, and then you're screwed. Meaningless? Maybe. But not for no reason- I've survived on easy for 45 minutes before I got bored, so you can definitely survive. It doesn't just kill you off randomly.

Arteen
December 27th, 2010, 05:26 PM
And Con, you've delivered your package, and then you're screwed. Meaningless? Maybe. But not for no reason- I've survived on easy for 45 minutes before I got bored, so you can definitely survive. It doesn't just kill you off randomly.
It's not that the game kills you off randomly, rather that the story kills off Six for no apparent reason.

Lone Wolf felt to me like it was just meant to get people excited for Firefight once they finished SP. I agree with Arteen; you die for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Is this supposed to be significant?
I played through Heroic co-op the first time. My partner got on the turret only to get killed a few seconds into the 'level', so I ran around for half a minute trying to get my partner to respawn, then gave up and let myself die because fuck this. It's probably not how Bungie intended players to experience Lone Wolf. I guess Six had just as much motivation to continue fighting as I did.

p0lar_bear
December 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Well, remember the intro scene? Carter told Six "no more of that lone wolf stuff" when s/he joined the squad. The way I see it, after completing his/her objective, seeing everyone in his/her squad die, and realizing just how screwed Reach (and subsequently, s/he) was, s/he decided to go AWOL and go down doing what s/he did best: kicking ass alone.

I agree that there could have been a much better ending, but I see the logic in it. Personally, I would have liked to see some expansion, like a vehicle chase or something. Some form of progression.

Hotrod
December 28th, 2010, 01:00 PM
A Warthog run (just to remember the good times) that would lead to the Lone Wolf level we currently have would have been awesome to have I think.

=sw=warlord
December 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
A Warthog run (just to remember the good times) that would lead to the Lone Wolf level we currently have would have been awesome to have I think.

This.
Had we had a warthog run where we saw the phantoms begin to land at the dock and decided to flee, that would have been awesome, they could have linked the lone wolf part to say the warthog is hit by a phantom chasing you and you're flipped out and left to defend yourself.

Also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKg6C7dZNv4

CabooseJr
December 29th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I got to General today by doing straight firefight all day and no idling. Now I can wear the true fishbowl helmet.

TeeKup
December 29th, 2010, 11:13 PM
That video is awesome.

Delta4907
January 1st, 2011, 04:01 AM
Wonder what this (http://bungieaerospace.org/) is going to be.

BobtheGreatII
January 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Wonder what this (http://bungieaerospace.org/) is going to be.

Oh shi-

A countdown. This is serious business people.

Edit: Just pointing out that that's a .org website and not the .com website Bungie has up.
http://bungieaerospace.com/
http://bungieaerospace.org/

Delta4907
January 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM
Didn't even know Bungie put up a website for it.

Kornman00
January 2nd, 2011, 01:27 AM
Going to be something fan made. Bungie uses the .com variant. HBO already has the bungie.org domain, so I don't see them being the ones. I'm sure it's just another person trying to take a stab at building a community; it'll probably turn into a page that says it's covering the game as news comes out. But we'll see in a couple days

e: didn't see the last few posts before posting

=sw=warlord
January 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
Oh shi-

A countdown. This is serious business people.

Status has changed.

1 day, 18 hours, 26 minutes, 44 seconds

userID:2794

downloading request... 17%

Also.
Decided to brush up some video editing now I've got power director installed again.
Now you're probably wondering what's different?
Well this is more of how I think the intro cut scene should have been like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjWtMwRwSgY

t3h m00kz
January 3rd, 2011, 04:35 AM
they could have done so much more with the cutscenes.

It would have been amazing to have actually SEEN noble 6 and the covenant cruiser plummeting into the planet

I don't know, I think Halo 3 kind of overdid that..

DarkHalo003
January 3rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
I swear if the next game Bungie or 343 Industries makes tries to mimic Halo 1 in any way without it being a remake, I will go ballistic. I don't play games that mimic other games; if that were the case, I'd play the original game. In other words, I'm seeing more aspects of Reach that Bungie tried to turn into a Halo 1 reincarnation, namely the explosion radius of explosives and some other things. This isn't so much a complaint as it is me simply being irritated by horridly oversized explosions in Invasion; Banshee FRG is a nuke, the Wraith Mortar goes through walls, and the obnoxiously large plasmanade explosion can kill you even if a barrier is supposed to protect you. This is really just a rant, but if there was anything in Reach I think that should be toned down if possible....

=sw=warlord
January 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
I wanted to let everyone in on some upcoming changes that we've been working on, this is not a complete list and I can't give you a specific timeline. Please use this thread to discuss only the changes listed below.

FFA Arena
We'll be adding an FFA Arena, using the same maps from the Team Arena lineup. The initial gametype used will include the following settings:
* Loadout = DMR/AR/1 Frag/Sprint
* Motion Tracker Enabled
* No power weapons on map

Community Playlists
We're going to start cycling playlists featuring 100% community maps, the first of these will be 4v4 slayer. You'll also be seeing a Grifball playlist in the near future, as well as some updates to the MLG playlist (weapon spawn fixes included).

Team Objective
This playlist currently features a massive array of map and gametype combinations, so we're going to use your voting data to offer up a better lineup. The result will be that you'll see the options you want to play more often.

Big Team Battle
Big Team Slayer games are running a bit short, so we're going to bump these up to 100 to win. Snipers and Elite Slayer will remain at 75 for now and we'll continue to evaluate average game lengths.

Firefight Grab Bags
Lars has designed some more Firefight experiences for you all to check out, you'll probably see at least one of them in January!

The Cage
There is a new revision of The Cage that we're currently working on that includes some major changes that alter the flow of the map. I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that we're getting close to finalizing it and we'll get it in your hands as soon as it's ready. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=54301096)
The cage? actually fixed?!
Next they'll be saying they're removing Atom from match making.

Warsaw
January 4th, 2011, 12:09 AM
How about they remove all Forgeworld maps from matchmaking? I can't think of a single one of those that I enjoy playing.

=sw=warlord
January 4th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Going to be something fan made. Bungie uses the .com variant. HBO already has the bungie.org domain, so I don't see them being the ones. I'm sure it's just another person trying to take a stab at building a community; it'll probably turn into a page that says it's covering the game as news comes out. But we'll see in a couple days

Ding dong.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/199/87923901.jpg

PlasbianX
January 4th, 2011, 07:42 AM
http://bungieaerospace.org/images/terminal.jpg

Kornman00
January 4th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Called it. Didn't even need to reverse engineer any scripts or assembly :p

Pooky
January 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
How about they remove all Forgeworld maps from matchmaking? I can't think of a single one of those that I enjoy playing.

Maybe you just need to play Forgeworld maps made by people who actually have a clue about level design (i.e. not the bungie ones).

Check sever's fileshare and mine to get an idea what I'm talking about.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7977011&player=sever323

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7977027&player=friedmetroid

PlasbianX
January 4th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Changes are apparently already live.

Warsaw
January 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe you just need to play Forgeworld maps made by people who actually have a clue about level design (i.e. not the bungie ones).

Check sever's fileshare and mine to get an idea what I'm talking about.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7977011&player=sever323

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7977027&player=friedmetroid

Well yeah. When I said "Forge World maps" I mean't Bungie's.

Spartan094
January 5th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I didn't see it say they would make changes to Elite Slayer per the Armor Lock class, now it's the Plasma Rifle instead of the needler. It's like shoot them with a plasma rifle and switch to a needle rifle or so.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=12146221

Check the film out. It's really weird with a plasma rifle in MM.

Hotrod
January 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Wait, so it's the Plasma Rifle, and not the Repeater?

annihilation
January 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
About time. I hate the Plasma Repeater with a burning passion.

Arteen
January 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
This is the exact change I was hoping for, replacing the AL loadout's needler with the plasma rifle, and reducing it to one initial grenade. The plasma rifle is awesome. I hope it makes its way into Invasion, or general matchmaking.

Kornman00
January 5th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Good thing you can still pickup another plasma around the map and from dead dinos :3

e: No one seems to be talking about the community maps. So far, I've play all of them save for about three I think. The only map I don't care for is Elevation. Its design seems to place too much emphasis on the jetpack loadout.

Spartan094
January 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
All I know is that the Plasma rifle combo is this really

Shoot plasma rifle to drain enemy shields
Melee (or armor lock or afterwards)

That's how it turned out to be, or you can just pick up a needler off the ground and it's like it all over again meh.

Warsaw
January 5th, 2011, 06:00 PM
About time. I hate the Plasma Repeater with a burning passion.

Why? It gives you more shots than the plasma rifle does before "overheating" and actually doesn't truly overheat. Also, it looks cooler than the Reach Plasma Rifle (though the Halo 3 version tops it).

Hotrod
January 5th, 2011, 07:39 PM
The Plasma Rifle and Repeater have the same kill times though. At least, that's what I've found out through testing.

Warsaw
January 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I use it because it sounds cooler. I never liked how Bungie switched to a "bew bew bew" sound for the plasma weapons after the first game.

DarkHalo003
January 5th, 2011, 09:54 PM
I use it because it sounds cooler. I never liked how Bungie switched to a "bew bew bew" sound for the plasma weapons after the first game.
But they nerfed it too much. I try my best to avoid it now. There are really better weapons out there that perform the same function and are common on the field, the AR being one of those weapons. They really should have left it.

Warsaw
January 5th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I also love the AR. Firing it in bursts makes it one of the most effective guns in the entire game, more effective than most people realise.

annihilation
January 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM
@Warsaw

More shots ≠ more power.
Before I even drain the shields of another person with an Assault Rifle my shields are already down and I'm losing health. That mixed with having to lead my shots only decreasing my chance of hitting the person. Really the only way to kill the person would be to hope their controller disconnects or melee them after immediately draining their shields.

Also, I too hate the new plasma weapon sounds. Instead of sounding like an alien weapon they sound like a gun being fired underwater.

Pooky
January 6th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I also love the AR. Firing it in bursts makes it really spammy and annoying, more annoying than most people realise.

I liked the original Assault rifle, but both its successors are just irritating as all hell. Automatic weapons in Bungie games were never meant to be accurate, stop trying to make them that way!

fake e: before anyone comments that firing in bursts is not spam, it is. It's just mid range spam. read: battle rifle

Hotrod
January 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Is it just me, or is the Plasma Rifle basically useless in matchmaking? :/

I just used it in multiplayer for the first time today...and yeah...

Arteen
January 6th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Quick burst + punch = easy kill

Warsaw
January 6th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I liked the original Assault rifle, but both its successors are just irritating as all hell. Automatic weapons in Bungie games were never meant to be accurate, stop trying to make them that way!

fake e: before anyone comments that firing in bursts is not spam, it is. It's just mid range spam. read: battle rifle

I use it up close and personal though. I would never use it at mid range except as a last resort. Half the time I end up just depressing the trigger and unloading.

Also, the original assault rifle worked very well in bursts, too, on PC (Xbox version was a goddamn laser beam). What are you on about?

@Annihilation: wait, are you talking about the AR or the Plasma Repeater now? The Plasma Repeater was just as effective as the plasma rifle as I recall it, and actually had a slight edge since it was never out of commission 100% while it cooled.

Necr0matic
January 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Good thing you can still pickup another plasma around the map and from dead dinos :3

e: No one seems to be talking about the community maps. So far, I've play all of them save for about three I think. The only map I don't care for is Elevation. Its design seems to place too much emphasis on the jetpack loadout.

Ziggurat makes me want to break things. How did such a broken map make it into MM? Jetpacks rule that map with an advantage that is ridiculous.

Hotrod
January 6th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah, Ziggaurat has waaaaaayyyyyy too many power weapons to be enjoyable. I mean, I'm glad to see the FRG appear in non-invasion multiplayer, but when it's combined with the Hammer, Focus Rifle, Concussion Rifle, Shotguns, Grenade Launcher that are all being used by one team...well...let's just say that us, the team without those weapons, really aren't having the best of time :S

Pooky
January 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I use it up close and personal though. I would never use it at mid range except as a last resort. Half the time I end up just depressing the trigger and unloading.

Also, the original assault rifle worked very well in bursts, too, on PC (Xbox version was a goddamn laser beam). What are you on about?

On the Xbox or the PC you'd be dead before you got off the second burt against an aware Pistol user. I'd hardly call that an effective tactic.

Kornman00
January 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Ziggurat makes me want to break things. How did such a broken map make it into MM? Jetpacks rule that map with an advantage that is ridiculous.
Is that the map which is right by the waterfall and is basically shaped like a square? I was having no luck using AL on that map, as my team mates were typically no where around me when I was attacked. So I switched to sprint and just started running up to the other team and punching them.

ejburke
January 6th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I haven't played, but from what I gather, Bungie wasn't being very picky with this selection of community maps. I heard one has weapons with fixed physics. It suggests to me that every contest entry that wasn't DOA is going to get a turn at the whipping post.

Speaking of the contest, my BTB entry has not even been downloaded yet.. My CTF entry had 2 downloads almost immediately after submission. My guess is that we aren't going to see big team or invasion community maps for a while.

annihilation
January 6th, 2011, 02:11 PM
@Annihilation: wait, are you talking about the AR or the Plasma Repeater now? The Plasma Repeater was just as effective as the plasma rifle as I recall it, and actually had a slight edge since it was never out of commission 100% while it cooled.

Plasma Repeater. I meant to say shooting at a player that has the AR. And the Plasma Rifle drains shields faster.
Not that I care, I don't even play this game anymore.

DarkHalo003
January 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Community Slayer is fun so far. The only bad things I've experienced are lag and quitters, but otherwise it's a bright side to matchmaking.

Warsaw
January 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
On the Xbox or the PC you'd be dead before you got off the second burt against an aware Pistol user. I'd hardly call that an effective tactic.

Worked for me on PC. Of course, you have to use discretion. AR was by no means my primary. On Xbox, bursting was unnecessary because the AR was very, very accurate in multiplayer at close to medium range.

Kornman00
January 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Community Slayer is fun so far. The only bad things I've experienced are lag and quitters, but otherwise it's a bright side to matchmaking.
Those are probably some CoD peeps who only heard "new maps" and decided to dust reach off again. I've experienced just about as much quitting in the playlist as I did in the first few weeks of Reach (which was quite a bit compared to say, December).

DarkHalo003
January 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Those are probably some CoD peeps who only heard "new maps" and decided to dust reach off again. I've experienced just about as much quitting in the playlist as I did in the first few weeks of Reach (which was quite a bit compared to say, December).
Yeah, but all-in-all the maps were fun. I actually like Ziggurat, but that's also because I haven't had any bad situation in it and usually ghost with the camo with various weapons. The Focus Rifle is also a great weapon. So many points with it alone today.

Pooky
January 6th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Worked for me on PC. Of course, you have to use discretion. AR was by no means my primary. On Xbox, bursting was unnecessary because the AR was very, very accurate in multiplayer at close to medium range.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the Xbox to PC accuracy difference. The tags are exactly the same.

Warsaw
January 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Yes, but PC doesn't have the same level of auto aim I don't think. I can spray like a motherfucker on XBOX and take a man out in less than three seconds with half a magazine at mid-range using the MA5AB. You can't do that on PC.

Donut
January 6th, 2011, 10:25 PM
halo 1 xbox had a 90 degree field of view, while pc has a 70. idk if that affects anything, but its noticeable.

the assault rifle difference between pc and xbox might be because of the leading required in pc

Warsaw
January 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Nope. I'm very good at leading, almost infallibly. Only time I have trouble is when someone uses one of those complicated strafe patterns, and that's kind of the point of said pattern.

On the other hand, I thought the 90 degree FOV was only in split screen modes. Single-player still has tunnel vision.

EagerYoungSpaceCadet
January 7th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Yes, but PC doesn't have the same level of auto aim I don't think. I can spray like a motherfucker on XBOX and take a man out in less than three seconds with half a magazine at mid-range using the MA5AB. You can't do that on PC.Actually you can, on LAN, where the autoaim (bullets come closer to target when the reticule is red) helps you.
I had a LAN game with my friend 2 weeks ago on PC without sniping weapons (that was the first time he played Halo). The assault rifle is a beast on LAN. It's actually very accurate if the reticule is red. I could kill my friend with half a magazine with no bullets missed at 20 meters. You can't do that online, at least not on moving people.

Blame it on the netcode. :\

Spartan094
January 7th, 2011, 03:51 PM
They are updating the spartan player models now.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playermodel.ashx?rpis=zD733GRNr9IIgYYXx$GJnw==

:haw:

Hotrod
January 7th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Well, in that case...

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playermodel.ashx?rpis=kG5BIZlL1KiPgb8-0Qsxrg==

Warsaw
January 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Wait, so now they are trying to make it look closer to the original Mk. V in Halo 1? :confused:

annihilation
January 7th, 2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playermodel.ashx?rpis=5gAUA1BZnRPasm4R4xEexIVsOrf8 q4zylYO5M$r2kpM=

Yep, totally updated.

ejburke
January 7th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Probably have to play the game to get it to change. Mine is still outdated.

Hotrod
January 7th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Wait, so now they are trying to make it look closer to the original Mk. V in Halo 1? :confused:
What do you mean?

Arteen
January 7th, 2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playermodel.ashx?rpis=Axmbnp8T7g-C98WKE7ZDjA==

Warsaw
January 8th, 2011, 02:37 AM
What do you mean?

I might be imagining it, but the armour looks smoother (less greeblies) in certain areas (notably the thighs), thus making it look more like the Halo 1 armours.

Hotrod
January 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I might be imagining it, but the armour looks smoother (less greeblies) in certain areas (notably the thighs), thus making it look more like the Halo 1 armours.
Well, it is Mark V armor (Halo 1 armor), so it makes sense that it's similar to what you see in Halo 1 ;)

Lateksi
January 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I like these ones. Haha, the warning stripes are still on the boots.

Warsaw
January 8th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Well, it is Mark V armor (Halo 1 armor), so it makes sense that it's similar to what you see in Halo 1 ;)

Indeed. It just looks more so like it now than it did before the update.

annihilation
January 8th, 2011, 08:49 PM
My armor updated.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/playermodel.ashx?rpis=5gAUA1BZnRPasm4R4xEexIVsOrf8 q4zylYO5M$r2kpM=

I <3 my Bionicle chest.
E: What's with the fin on my shoulder?

Sever
January 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
That would be your knife, good sir.

Kornman00
January 8th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Anyone else feel rocketfight appears more than sniperfight? Anyone else really wish it was the other way around?

annihilation
January 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM
More people would prefer to blast everything to bits than to snipe. I agree with you but sniperfight sucks when the connection is bad. (which it usually is)

Kornman00
January 9th, 2011, 12:51 AM
They should just remove rocketfight from regular FF when Arcade comes out >_>

<_<

Futzy
January 9th, 2011, 10:03 AM

<_<
It's a limited time playlist.

Kornman00
January 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM
So? :trollface:

Hotrod
January 9th, 2011, 11:35 AM
The connection is never bad when I play Sniperfight, so I don't mind it :S

annihilation
January 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM

<_<

Arcade?

Futzy
January 9th, 2011, 03:17 PM
^^ read bwu

So? :trollface:
They will probably not be in regular firefight, but once arcade goes they'll be put back in. Unless they decide to keep it.

PlasbianX
January 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I'm not seeing anything on bungie about arcade..

Futzy
January 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
It's in the BWU http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=30267
Scroll down.

Necr0matic
January 10th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Anyone see the contest to win the star nameplate?

Link (http://bit.ly/ezHXNf)

Kornman00
January 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Anyone else besides annihilation and I who wasn't getting shit for Return of the Mac? Normal nor legendary would increase the counter.

Necr0matic
January 10th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I wasn't when doing the mission Nightfall, and Long Night of Solace but I switched to The Package and it worked, dunno what's wrong with it.

Spartan094
January 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Anyone else besides annihilation and I who wasn't getting shit for Return of the Mac? Normal nor legendary would increase the counter.
You know you could do that on Nightfall check point glitch. Real easy. But I have not been on Reach for 2 days.

Kornman00
January 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
You know you could do that on Nightfall check point glitch. Real easy. But I have not been on Reach for 2 days.
That's the mission and method I was trying to do it on...

And then annihilation and I did the weekly on WC and it still didn't add anything to the counter.

Hotrod
January 10th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Well, today my friend and I were doing the weekly challenge on The Pillar of Autumn, and we decided to go and get the "If you came to hear me beg" achievement at the same time. I can't count how many times I killed that stupid Elite at the beginning without getting the achievement, but once I noticed that none of those kills counted towards Return of the Mac...well...I wasn't happy :P

In short, it didn't work for me either.

Arteen
January 11th, 2011, 12:12 AM
My Elite kills on Winter Contingency counted just fine.

ejburke
January 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=283002?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Between Bungie Aerospace, Seven Seraphs, New Monarchy, Osiris, and Dead Orbit, I don't think a single one of those trademarks would make a decent title for a game. Dead Orbit is too similar to Dead Space.

Hotrod
January 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
They look like code names to me.

Kornman00
January 11th, 2011, 09:45 PM
You know, Bungie themselves never said what platforms this was going to be on, only that it's multiplatform. The only thing we really know for sure is the Xbox and PS.

Shock120
January 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
You know, Bungie themselves never said what platforms this was going to be on, only that it's multiplatform. The only thing we really know for sure is the Xbox and PS.Noooo, I want it for PC. :'(

Hotrod
January 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I've read at a few places that it's gonna be on PC as well. Then again, we'll never really know until the game is officially announced.

Kornman00
January 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Fistfight is the most fun I've had in Reach since probably the initial release

Warsaw
January 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I've read at a few places that it's gonna be on PC as well. Then again, we'll never really know until the game is officially announced.

If it's one of the games published by Activision, expect a 3/4 baked console port to PC.

Hotrod
January 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
In that case, I think I'm gonna buy it on 360 then :P

Shock120
January 12th, 2011, 05:05 PM
If it's one of the games published by Activision, expect a 3/4 baked console port to PC.With Bungie doing the development, should be great. :D

Warsaw
January 12th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Depends on how close Activision has them on the development leash. They might give equal polish to the PC version or they might be forced to not spend as much time as they would like to because they have to start on the next game or have a holiday release.

Kornman00
January 13th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I'm pretty sure development is solely left to Bungie themselves. Bungie split from MS to look for a publisher, not a new boss (albeit, they still talked to MS about being their next publisher, but you know they wouldn't have supported PS3 development).

I'm also pretty sure they're going to keep their tech on lock down so I don't foresee them asking Activision to (hire someone to) develop a PC port.

Their agreement with AV is only for this Aerospace game. They're free do to whatever with whatever else they come up with. Bungie is owned by it's employees, not schmucks in suits (tho, there may be a couple of them in different attire at the office)

Warsaw
January 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Not about Activision hiring someone to develop a PC port, I was thinking more along the lines of Activision wanting Bungie to have a game out by a certain time. Though if Bungie truly is free to do their own thing, then I have hopes for a good PC port.

That said, Gearbox did a fine job with the Halo PC port. I read somewhere that it was some last-minute Microsoft changes that made certain aspects less than equal to their Xbox counterparts (notably, missing shaders and bad netcode).

Pooky
January 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I don't know about the missing shaders, but the netcode issues were due to Microsoft forcing Gearbox to make the game 56k compliant. Really, the netcode isn't that bad anyway. Sure, we all complained about it back in the day, but compared to the random BS you get in more modern games Halo's netcode was remarkably consistent. As long as you lead properly, what you do is what you get.

Warsaw
January 13th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Shaders/particle effects/cubemaps weren't missing from the game, they just weren't implemented. Cases in point: assault rifle, Fuel Rod Cannon, Shield Door on T&R, Flag Pole, Jackal Shields.

And yeah, I actually prefer Halo's netcode to the lagtastic bullshit shenanigans I see in BC2.

DarkHalo003
January 13th, 2011, 11:17 PM
You can never tell with Bungie. If it's an MMO, then they may just try to make it the first widely accepted console MMO, however, i'm not sure how it will fair.

sevlag
January 14th, 2011, 09:07 AM
i think we just need to have gearbox work on ANY halo PC port.

liking what they did with E slayer in Reach, no more AL nade spam (not as much anyway)

annihilation
January 14th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Now if only they can do the same with regular slayer.

Kornman00
January 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
WL1lfSzgcAw

annihilation
January 14th, 2011, 04:16 PM
But grenades are evil.

ejburke
January 14th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Well, looks like the Forgetacular contest is over. I just glanced at the winners and saw that JoeSki guy won a category. What are the odds, huh? The very first community member that somehow gets his map into matchmaking also wins the contest with another of his creations. That just looks shady from a number of angles and I didn't even participate in that category.

Oh well, if I'm going to get pissed off about the contest, it won't be because of that or not winning. If I'm going to get pissed off, it would be over the fact that one of my entries is still sitting at 0 downloads. Turns out I'm not pissed about that, either. Even though it's bullshit.

E: Turns out they don't download from the File Share; they get it off the server's back-end. That possibility had occurred to me, but I guess I kind of dismissed it, because it seemed like the easiest thing to do is just a straight download. So, that answers that.

Unless they are lying! DUN DUN DUUUUN!

sevlag
January 14th, 2011, 10:22 PM
but you're too busy playing black cops which is an incomparable game due to there seems to be no other game to compare it to.

while i've been playing a mix of AC:brotherhood, gears 2, and Fo:NV on the xbox (PC has me doing SCII,TF2 and a few other games)

Reach still suffers from nades which makes me a sad panda

annihilation
January 14th, 2011, 10:37 PM
You have to many vidya james.

And Armor Lock doesn't help with the grenades that much.

Armor lock is more of some tramp who only puts up with some of the shit in life then when you really need her to be there she's left you for another man.
Bitch.

t3h m00kz
January 15th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Shaders/particle effects/cubemaps weren't missing from the game, they just weren't implemented. Cases in point: assault rifle, Fuel Rod Cannon, Shield Door on T&R, Flag Pole, Jackal Shields.

And yeah, I actually prefer Halo's netcode to the lagtastic bullshit shenanigans I see in BC2.

Ironically most of those free to play indie games (Sauerbraten, Wolf team, Combat arms) all have perfect hit detection, regardless of lag. you'll often get simultaneous kills, but hey it's fair for both players..

halo pc's netcode just pisses me off.. not just the hit detection, but everything in general, the lack of AI, triggers, all that

sevlag
January 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM
You have to many vidya james.

And Armor Lock doesn't help with the grenades that much.

Armor lock is more of some tramp who only puts up with some of the shit in life then when you really need her to be there she's left you for another man.
Bitch.well gears 2 to get ready for 3, AC:B because multiplayer doesnt have me going "thats bullshit" or "what i had him", and the PC games because i can

TeeKup
January 15th, 2011, 04:25 PM
^ That's what made AC:B amazing. I never ONCE found myself raging at that multiplayer. Whenever I was scoffing at something it was myself for being to hasty or etc.

Warsaw
January 15th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Ironically most of those free to play indie games (Sauerbraten, Wolf team, Combat arms) all have perfect hit detection, regardless of lag. you'll often get simultaneous kills, but hey it's fair for both players..

halo pc's netcode just pisses me off.. not just the hit detection, but everything in general, the lack of AI, triggers, all that

All good reasons, but they stem more from a developer's standpoint. For someone like me who knows fuck all about making maps for Halo, it's more consistent than a game like MW2, BlackOps, and BC2.

DarkHalo003
January 15th, 2011, 05:23 PM
All good reasons, but they stem more from a developer's standpoint. For someone like me who knows fuck all about making maps for Halo, it's more consistent than a game like MW2, BlackOps, and BC2.
This is true. Even though Halo games are a bit "Crazy" (can't think of any word besides it) half of the time, the map designs always have a good tinge too them in some way. CoD's maps are always cramped and junk and have that "LETS PLAY THIS REALISTICALLY LOLOLOLOL" type of design. Sorry, but I like the imaginary designs that Halo has thrown forward with their maps, Halo 3 especially.

Pooky
January 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Really? I didn't like Halo 3's map designs because I felt like they were trying too hard to be like CoD maps. Tons of random geometry sticking out everywhere to make grenade bounces gay, and no real sense of flow to most of them. The big team maps were good (except for the inclusion of the damn laser) but the small team maps didn't hold up as well IMO.

Warsaw
January 15th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Halos 2 through Reach as wholes don't hold up as well, IMO.

Pooky
January 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Halos 2 through Reach as wholes don't hold up as well, IMO.

I don't know, I actually thought a lot of Halo 2's map designs were really brilliant. Especially once the DLC maps started coming out. It's like Bungie knew exactly what kind of game they were making maps for and tailored the designs perfectly to that style of gameplay. Which is exactly what felt missing from Halo 3's maps.

Siliconmaster
January 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I played a lot of Halo 1 for looks, and Halo 3 for gameplay, so I guess I'm jaded, but I didn't mind H3 at all. In fact, I prefer those maps over a good many of the Reach ones.

DarkHalo003
January 15th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Halo1's were alright, but people usually enjoy the originals simply because H1 was the first Halo/Nostalgia. Not to say there weren't maps that were great. Timberland and Sidewinder are quick reminders of good H1 maps.

Halo3's outside maps were the best ones out of all of them in my opinion. Bungie just does a great job at capturing the wide-open environments. I don't count Isolation as open though, if you know what I mean.

Donut
January 15th, 2011, 10:46 PM
well, bloodgulch is kind of halo 1's signature map. if it wernt for needing to lead, i can see the start of each game being everyone on each time rushes for the sniper on top of the base, one person gets it, they get team killed, and then whoever ends up with the sniper shoots across the map at the other base racking up alot of nice spawn kills.

hell thats the start of most blood gulch games minus the spawn killing. thats just bloodgulch though. the only other map i can think of with a seriously game breaking issue is... i think its damnation, where theres a teleporter to the blue base. you can go through the teleporter and throw grenades, then go back through and snipe down at the place the grenades just blew up, leading to massive spawn killing.

Warsaw
January 15th, 2011, 11:40 PM
But as a testament to everything else in the game, both of those maps remain quite playable even with that stuff going on. Get creative and you will survive.

Pooky
January 16th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Halo1's were alright, but people usually enjoy the originals simply because H1 was the first Halo/Nostalgia. Not to say there weren't maps that were great. Timberland and Sidewinder are quick reminders of good H1 maps.

That's at least the third time you've pulled out the nostalgia argument, and it's at least as invalid now as it was then. I've played Halo PC twice in the last few days with Teekup and Sever, and it's the best time we've had in a video game in months.

TeeKup
January 16th, 2011, 03:41 AM
^ It's not a nostalgia issue. We play Halo CE because we confer that it is better because we have more fun on it. There's a reason I got rid of Halo 3 and Reach, more than half the time they were garbage.

E: Also Timberland was terrible.

=sw=warlord
January 16th, 2011, 04:52 AM
What Reach really needs is more maps like Valhalla, Waterworks and prisoner.
I personally think Valhalla was a brilliant map among the other medocre maps that came with Halo 3 especially when you played it on big team.

Pooky
January 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I agree, Valhalla was brilliant. The only thing it needed was a slight change in weapon layout.

Warsaw
January 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
What Reach really needs is more maps like Valhalla, Waterworks and prisoner.
I personally think Valhalla was a brilliant map among the other medocre maps that came with Halo 3 especially when you played it on big team.

Legit port of Hang 'Em High. Do it, Bungie!

DarkHalo003
January 16th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I agree, Valhalla was brilliant. The only thing it needed was a slight change in weapon layout.
Valhalla was a great map, probably one of my most favorite of all time. If they remade it, I'd probably play more Team Slayer simply for it.

I was saying that SOME people are drawn by the nostalgia factor with Halo 1's maps (LAN parties back in the day). Obviously I can't hit on the money what everyone thinks are good maps. I thought Timberland was fun. People obviously differ. I bring the argument back around just because I'm tired of Bungie/343/whoever constantly trying to draw inspiration from the original. Some times you just design maps, kind of like how you just write songs.

=sw=warlord
January 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Legit port of Rat race. Do it, Bungie!
Ftfy.
But honestly, some of the maps existing in reach are to say the least not exactly the best.
I mean What went through their minds to think that grabbing sections from campaign and moulding them to fit multiplayer was a good idea I'll never know.
even the worst maps in Halo 2 and 3 were better than some of these sections.
Who honestly enjoys playing waterfront in firefight?
If only one map was to be returned in a pack I would hope it to be Valhalla, the armour abilities would suit that map down to the ground.
I just hope for future map packs they make maps which are entirely independent from the campaign areas, I seriously don't want to see another map like anchor 9 based on the station but played out like the pit.

DarkHalo003
January 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Ftfy.
But honestly, some of the maps existing in reach are to say the least not exactly the best.
I mean What went through their minds to think that grabbing sections from campaign and moulding them to fit multiplayer was a good idea I'll never know.
If only one map was to be returned in a pack I would hope it to be Valhalla, the armour abilities would suit that map down to the ground.
I just hope for future map packs they make maps which are entirely independent from the campaign areas, I seriously don't want to see another map like anchor 9 based on the station but played out like the pit.
Basically everything here. It makes me wonder what would've happened if Halo 3 and Reach combined for gameplay. No Equipment in H3, but Armor Abilities instead. No wiggy AR and melee, but the currently somewhat balanced AR and Melee in Reach. What if the pistol would have been the golden gun in H3 like it is in Halo Reach (golden gun is used lightly here)? I think Halo3 suffered from the lack of a few things and that Reach's assets could have perfected some of Halo3's lackings. If Halo3CE ever happens, then I definitely have an idea of what I'll do to change things up a bit. No doubt about it.

Warsaw
January 17th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Ftfy.

Hey, I'm cool with Rat Race too, as long as everybody spawns with Assault Rifles and not DMRs or Needle Rifles.

Pooky
January 17th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I never understood what people see in rat race. It's just a clusterfuck of grenade spam with some pistol strafing thrown in. Fun on CTF and other objectives, but a bit too mindless on slayer.

Warsaw
January 17th, 2011, 02:24 AM
If you know how to work the map, it's amazing. The key is in the tunnels. Mindless is the very definition of Slayer, at any rate.

Pooky
January 17th, 2011, 02:30 AM
If you know how to work the map, it's amazing. The key is in the tunnels. Mindless is the very definition of Slayer, at any rate.

Sounds a bit like what Damnation was to me. I still think that's the best free for all Slayer map the series has seen.

Mindless is the very definition of Slayer, at any rate.

I disagree, mindless is the very definition of bad slayer, for instance the people who go on blood gulch and strafe back and forth on the hill for hours. Good slayer is really very engaging. See again: Damnation.

Warsaw
January 17th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Slayer is mindless because everyone is pointlessly killing each other for no other reason than acquiring...points. No higher objective, no story, no motive. Just killing for killing's sake. It's good sport.

I was partial to Hang 'Em High for any game type. I absolutely adore that map. I missed the lip in the trench that people would get stuck on in the Xbox version.

DarkHalo003
January 17th, 2011, 08:05 AM
If you know how to work the map, it's amazing. The key is in the tunnels.
This is definitely true. That and the teleporters. I also adore the shotty on that map.

Sounds a bit like what Damnation was to me. I still think that's the best free for all Slayer map the series has seen.

I disagree, mindless is the very definition of bad slayer, for instance the people who go on blood gulch and strafe back and forth on the hill for hours. Good slayer is really very engaging. See again: Damnation.
Damnation is such a great map. I've been wanting Bungie to remake it for such a long time. It would be cool if it was a jungle, kind of like Guardian, but with a lot more organic platforms. Good slayer has to involve movement, which is why I promote AR/Pistol starts so much on Hemorrhage. With the DMR, all people have to do is camp at a few spots and strafe. the AR/Pistol starts oblige people to actually move throughout the map.

Kornman00
January 17th, 2011, 08:11 AM
200 multikills again? :ugh:

DarkHalo003
January 17th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I really wish they mix things up a bit; make it so you need 30 Assassinations or something instead of a totally unnecessary amount of multikills.

p0lar_bear
January 17th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Slayer is mindless because everyone is pointlessly killing each other for no other reason than acquiring...points. No higher objective, no story, no motive. Just killing for killing's sake. It's good sport.

He's talking about "mindless" in the sense that there's no effort, thought, or varying strategy involved, e.g. strafing over and behind the large hill in Blood Gulch and essentially dominating the entire map, or spamming grenades for in Rat Race.

Pooky
January 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM

You could really make that argument about all modes. It's irrelevant.

He's talking about "mindless" in the sense that there's no effort, thought, or varying strategy involved, e.g. strafing over and behind the large hill in Blood Gulch and essentially dominating the entire map, or spamming grenades for in Rat Race.

P0lar hit the nail on the head there.

I was partial to Hang 'Em High for any game type. I absolutely adore that map. I missed the lip in the trench that people would get stuck on in the Xbox version.

I liked Hang em High as long as there weren't Pistol starts. Pistol starts made the map into a bit of a bland strafe fest, since all the walkways were deathtraps and no one went on them.

Good slayer has to involve movement, which is why I promote AR/Pistol starts so much on Hemorrhage. With the DMR, all people have to do is camp at a few spots and strafe. the AR/Pistol starts oblige people to actually move throughout the map.

100% agree. I'd been saying that from the start. After all, what's the point of even having the pistol if everyone's going to spawn with DMRs all the time.

As an aside, I'm glad everyone else finally realized how obnoxious the DMR really is.

Kornman00
January 19th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm surprised you handful of people haven't spawned your own thread about Halo "imperfections" yet.

I take that back. 200 multikills again? And Grifball? :party:

Kornman00
January 19th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Bungie/343i @ GDC 2011

I Shot You First: Networking the Gameplay of HALO: REACH (http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/12126)
The Animation of HALO REACH: Raising the Bar (http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/12131)
Marty O'Donnell's Adventures with Adaptive Audio, Creative Collaboration and Geese! (http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/12371)
HALO: REACH Effects Tech (http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/12127)
Automated Level of Detail Generation for HALO: REACH (http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/12125)

Technical Artist Boot Camp: Lessons in How to Create and Be an Effective TA (http://schedule.gdconf.com/session/12038) (Seth Gibson, former Bungie, now 343, is taking part in this session)

DarkHalo003
January 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9066610

Don't know if this is 'shopped or false or repost, no idea where to put it, but I thought this was interesting.

Teltaur
January 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM
It's a Halo TC mod that's been floating around for a while now, a combination of the "Helljumpers" mod and a port of the Halo 3 Elites as FO3 enemies. Both started at Fallout3Underground, I remember following them for a while after they started development.

NotZac
January 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9066610.
Hur. (http://www.moddb.com/mods/halout-3)
edit: Snaked

On a side note, I like Grifball. But my goodness if I get betrayed one more time I don't know what I'll do.

DarkHalo003
January 19th, 2011, 08:48 PM
It's a Halo TC mod that's been floating around for a while now, a combination of the "Helljumpers" mod and a port of the Halo 3 Elites as FO3 enemies. Both started at Fallout3Underground, I remember following them for a while after they started development.
Ah okay, had a feeling there was a catch to it.

Kornman00
January 19th, 2011, 09:46 PM
if I get betrayed one more time I don't know what I'll do.
Well you won't kick anyone that's for sure :-3

Isn't there a game option to disable friendly fire in MP? Why not add a third voting option or something with no OMGITZHAMMERTIEMMUSTKILLTEAMMATEZ settings

Pooky
January 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Or better yet, why not just not have friendly fire to begin with? I really don't understand what's the point of making these random bullshit booting systems when you could just turn friendly fire off.

Hotrod
January 20th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Well you won't kick anyone that's for sure :-3

Isn't there a game option to disable friendly fire in MP? Why not add a third voting option or something with no OMGITZHAMMERTIEMMUSTKILLTEAMMATEZ settings
The only time I've ever betrayed on purpose was when our ball carrier was being a total douche, and just sat at the back of our end of the court of the ball waiting to kill any enemy that comes near him without trying to score. I only killed him so I could take the ball then proceed to score a goal for us without much trouble since the enemy team wasn't very good.

And that only happened once or maybe twice, I dunno.

Kornman00
January 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
The only time I've ever betrayed on purpose was when our ball carrier was being a total douche, and just sat at the back of our end of the court of the ball waiting to kill any enemy that comes near him without trying to score. I only killed him so I could take the ball then proceed to score a goal for us without much trouble since the enemy team wasn't very good.

And that only happened once or maybe twice, I dunno.
shadow and I had one of those people earlier today too

Also, Bungie needs to bring arcade back so the fucking FF idlers can circle jerk themselves while those of us who actually want to play the fucking game can play together. I think the ban hammer is just a tall tale. In Ban Hammer we trust? Ban Hammer doesn't exist.

DarkHalo003
January 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Pretty interesting Weekly Challenge. If I'm doing nothing else Friday, I may complete in one day.

Shock120
January 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
What happens when you try and tell Bnet kids that something is impossible?
You get flamed, and told you don't know anything because you're not Bungie.

And now, thanks to the user KillerSkippy21A, we have a quote from Evil Otto himself. xD (image proof too (http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff412/Liam_Moore1/OttoScreenshot.jpg))

Not in a simple patch or update. Each map file in the game has all the content embedded in it. If we were to create new armor, it would either only be available in any new maps that get made after that point, or we would have to send out new map files of all the mulipler and singleplayer maps and require about 9 GB of HD storage. This is economically not feasible. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=55696497&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1)Edited version, which is what everyone knows.

Not in a simple patch or update. Each map file in the game has all the content embedded in it. We would have to send out new map files of all the mulipler and singleplayer maps and require about 9 GB of HD storage. This is economically not feasible.Winsauce. :realsmug:

sevlag
January 25th, 2011, 10:17 PM
What happens when you try and tell Bnet kids that something is impossible?
You get flamed, and told you don't know anything because you're not Bungie.

And now, thanks to the user KillerSkippy21A, we have a quote from Evil Otto himself. xD (image proof too (http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff412/Liam_Moore1/OttoScreenshot.jpg))
Edited version, which is what everyone knows.
Winsauce. :realsmug:but just wait, your thread will still have "hurr its possible in X game" pop up one more time ATLEAST

Hotrod
January 26th, 2011, 12:25 AM
We've told the kids time and time again why it wouldn't be possible with long ass explanations full of reliable proof, and yet they would still go "BUT RAECH R NAWT HAYLO 3!!!! IT R POSSIBEL IN RAECH!!!". I doubt that official proof from a Bungie employee will convince them all that it isn't possible...some people just refuse to see that they're wrong :/

Shock120
January 26th, 2011, 07:09 AM
We've told the kids time and time again why it wouldn't be possible with long ass explanations full of reliable proof, and yet they would still go "BUT RAECH R NAWT HAYLO 3!!!! IT R POSSIBEL IN RAECH!!!". I doubt that official proof from a Bungie employee will convince them all that it isn't possible...some people just refuse to see that they're wrong :/It seems to have shut up the majority of bnet kids. :D

Evil Otto, even posted confirming what we already knew, there is no Legendary ending (http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/otto_faq/Group/Resources/FAQ.aspx?cid=562271),
however there are still obsessed people who believe "THERE HAS TO BE A SPECIAL ENDING!!!" :/

annihilation
January 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
.im sure they could have done something with the havok engine to put the armor's in a different place to allow Armor DLC.

havok engine to put the armor's in a different place to allow Armor DLC.

havok

I love it when people try to act like they know what they're talking about. That comment made me lose brain cells.

E: Okay, still having problems loading b.net. Is anyone else?

Arteen
January 26th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I don't really understand why anyone cares so much about winning an argument at Bungie.net.

sevlag
January 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I don't really understand why anyone cares so much about winning an argument at Bungie.net.
because it helps by

A)making people more informed about what the engine can and cant do
B)watching the little kids cry is a great pass time

Hotrod
January 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
B)watching the little kids cry is a great pass time
Agreed 100% When it gets to the point where people that work at Bungie get annoyed at little kids cause they refuse to see what's right in front of them, you know it's gone a tad too far :P

annihilation
January 27th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Had anyone finished the weekly challenge?

Hotrod
January 27th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I did it on Monday with a friend. Took us 51 minutes, so it wasn't too bad.

The hardest part were the three Elites at the end, especially the Sword Elite. T'was a lot of fun :)

Arteen
January 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I tried it with someone, but couldn't beat the last room. The Zealots with their concussion rifles, grenade-spamming, and impermeable shields were too much.

Hotrod
January 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I just assassinated the two Concussion Rifle Elites with the sword I got from the Sword Elite.

Kornman00
January 27th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I signed in a guest and got to the last room (basically) by myself. I'd either kill the sword elite then get surprise raped by the concussion asshole or I'd get killed by the sword elite only to have my second grenade I threw before I died kill him. Kills from the grave don't help in these situations :|. It only took about 30mins to get there but then after 30mins on that room alone I said FUCK THIS GAME and got off.

annihilation
January 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'll help you do it if you want, Korn. Me and Sevlag both did it and it took us about 30 minutes on that last room alone.

The drop shield helps a lot though.

Kornman00
January 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM
How about tomorrow night or early tomorrow morning? I should be on later tonight but only to get the daily challenges out of the way. Code and work has kept me offline the past two days :\

Necr0matic
January 28th, 2011, 03:58 AM
It's almost a waste to even bother shooting them. What I did was lure the sword elite to start attacking Jorge. You should then be able to run up behind the elite and assassinate him. After that I just ran up and started meleeing the last elite, spinning around him until a got another assassination.

Also if you stood on anything 2 inches off the ground the sword elite automatically turns into a retard.

edit: I've uploaded me doing the last room on Mythic solo, if anyone's interested or something. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wCAEO9XOc)

Arteen
January 28th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Getting a hold of the sword wasn't too hard, but I was never able to kill either of the other elites with it. They'd just smack me to death in the middle of a lunge, if I weren't already dead from a concussion round or plasma grenade.

sevlag
January 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Getting a hold of the sword wasn't too hard, but I was never able to kill either of the other elites with it. They'd just smack me to death in the middle of a lunge, if I weren't already dead from a concussion round or plasma grenade.
dont lunge, normal melee with the sword and jump around like a kid hyped on caffine, thats how i killed the last two, and regarding the sword elite, i had annihlation distract it while i hit it in the back

DarkHalo003
January 29th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Plasma Pistol anyone? Just saying. Unless of course, you can't use it. In Legendary/Mythic/LASO, it's kind of pointless to even have a shield in the first place considering you die from almost any projectile sent your way.

Kornman00
January 29th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Plasma pistol against hero elites...in LASO?

Don't make me lawl.

Spartan094
January 29th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I have not touched Reach since Dead Space 2, but I'll get on today to do the weekly challenge alone because im crazy.

ejburke
January 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM
That weekly challenge is just garbage. I played it for 10 minutes, got to the first large group of Elites and realized how idiotic this game is on extreme difficulties. The damn Elites all look identical and were shifting around back and forth like a shell game. It was almost impossible to keep track of which one I was trying to focus on, especially if I had to take my eye off of them to find cover. I felt like I was just wasting what precious ammo I had and turned the game off.

I hate it when they have to resort to breaking their own conventions to make this game harder. Sniper rifle headshots should kill no matter what. Plasma pistol overcharge should strip shields no matter what. Needle supercombines and plasma sticks should be insta-kill. Those are combat equalizers that add so much to the tactical resource management of the weapons. Without that element, the fights are almost sheer attrition.

I also don't appreciate Black Eye, either. Never have, never will. Why have we been stuck with the same skulls for 3 games, anyway? It's not like they weren't plucked from a hat to begin with.

DarkHalo003
January 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
LASO is supposed to be freakishly difficult. If it wasn't then I don't know what the point in adding the skulls would be. What I'm saying is that LASO shouldn't be played thinking it's "Mythic" or anything like that; the challenge is actually supposed to be a challenge.

Pooky
January 29th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Why have we been stuck with the same skulls for 3 games, anyway? It's not like they weren't plucked from a hat to begin with.

Well, Halo 2 had a couple of different skulls, and some of the same skulls were very different in effect. Black eye was actually a good thing in Halo 2 since it could charge your shields all the way to max OS, and you could refill it by killing allies.

I'm fully aware that Halo 2's Legendary campaign was cheap, arbitrary and downright cruel at times, and I still vastly prefer it over any of its successors.

NotZac
January 29th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Been doing LASO solo because I have no friends am awesome, but I always get my ass handed to me by those last fucking Elites. It's really not even because of the sword Elite, but the Concussion Rifles instead, and Jorge isn't even considered an ally at this difficulty since the turret seems to be just spewing dust at them.

Help?

ejburke
January 29th, 2011, 10:16 PM
LASO is supposed to be freakishly difficult. If it wasn't then I don't know what the point in adding the skulls would be. What I'm saying is that LASO shouldn't be played thinking it's "Mythic" or anything like that; the challenge is actually supposed to be a challenge.Any idiot can make a game harder. Enemies can always sponge up a little more damage. Shots can always hurt a little more. Where do they draw the line?

I don't mind a challenge. I don't mind dying over and over. I DO mind when they make a mockery of their own game, pissing on every mechanic that made the game fun in the first place, in order to make it arbitrarily more difficult.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are ways to increase the difficulty without turning the game to shit. LASO is shit. It turns down the fun more than it turns up the challenge. The most disappointing thing for me is that I used to think Bungie knew better.

Kornman00
January 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Well, Halo 2 had a couple of different skulls, and some of the same skulls were very different in effect. Black eye was actually a good thing in Halo 2 since it could charge your shields all the way to max OS, and you could refill it by killing allies.
What happened to this skull since then? Sounds like it became a sell out :|

I wish they would have gave you game setting palettes to work with like in FF, not just the same lame batch of skulls. Halo Wars went in the right direction because they at least gave you skulls that both helped you...and worked against you, on top of just 'lol' skulls. Such an under appreciated game.

Siliconmaster
January 29th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Good fucking god. Just finished this challenge after 3.5 hours of playing. I died a wonderful total of 150 times, since I was the bait in our party of 4. We tried at least 5 different plans for the last area, finally succeeding with a rush-in-think-later approach. Two of us spammed grenades at the grunts while the other to went for the zealots, then the first two looped back around and tried to assassinate them.

Most frustrating game of Halo. Ever.

But hey, 12,500 credits. :downs:

annihilation
January 29th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Any idiot can make a game harder. Enemies can always sponge up a little more damage. Shots can always hurt a little more. Where do they draw the line?

I don't mind a challenge. I don't mind dying over and over. I DO mind when they make a mockery of their own game, pissing on every mechanic that made the game fun in the first place, in order to make it arbitrarily more difficult.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are ways to increase the difficulty without turning the game to shit. LASO is shit. It turns down the fun more than it turns up the challenge. The most disappointing thing for me is that I used to think Bungie knew better.

Jesus Christ, it's just a challenge.
Like DarkHalo said, it's not a difficulty. Easy, normal, heroic, and legendary are difficulties. The skulls are nothing more than an extra challenge for fun.

ejburke
January 30th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Whether it's an official or unofficial difficulty level is irrelevant. But I can split my argument into critiques of the individual skulls and stock difficulty levels. It all applies no matter how you want to look at it. LASO causes those individual flaws to supercombine and Bungie has endorsed it with a challenge, with more to come.

If they would have kept even one or two of the more fun-sucking skulls off, that would have demonstrated some sense. Hey, if those skulls had been cut or replaced like -- I don't know -- if they had been ITERATING on them since Halo fricking 3, "All Skulls" might not have been so bad. As I said before, there are many more creative, fair, and fun ways to do a la cart difficulty ratchets than Bungie has demonstrated with their sadly static and unchanging selection of skulls.

sevlag
January 30th, 2011, 10:01 AM
i miss sputnik from halo 2, all objects are more or less lighter, explosions propel things farther

Pooky
January 30th, 2011, 11:55 AM
i miss sputnik from halo 2, all objects are more or less lighter, explosions propel things farther

This one too. Cowbell isn't a good replacement for it because it makes it almost impossible to grenade jump.

Arteen
January 30th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Bungie didn't seem to put the same amount of thought and consideration into Reach's difficulty balance as it did in the previous games. In Reach, it's just sloppy. Given how overdesigned the multiplayer in Reach is, I guess it's no surprise that the singleplayer/firefight suffers.

Hotrod
January 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Bungie didn't seem to put the same amount of thought and consideration into Reach's difficulty balance as it did in the previous games. In Reach, it's just sloppy. Given how overdesigned the multiplayer in Reach is, I guess it's no surprise that the singleplayer/firefight suffers.
Proof of this : enemies with Fuel Rod Guns...like seriously...what the fuck is up with those? It's as though they're Halo 2 sniper jackals on Legendary that have guns that shoot highly explosive sniper bullets.

DarkHalo003
January 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM
If they would have made the challenge 100,000 credits, do you think there would be as much whining (I don't mean for this question to sound mockingly, just proposing an idea)?

Spartan094
January 30th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Holy shit

This weekly challenge is such a fucking joke. My ass 12,500 cR, fuck for 3 hours my friends and I couldn't get it, so close a few times, I mean shit I could have made more cR playing firefight during that time. Lets see how bullshit the next weekly is.

ejburke
January 30th, 2011, 07:47 PM
And if you had completed it, you'd be on the hook to try the next one and the next one. Winter Contingency is a walk in the park compared to most of the other levels. I am at full peace knowing I will never attempt to play Halo Reach in such a broken fashion ever again.

That's my whole issue -- Bungie should know that this is broken and they should not be prescribing it to anyone. To me, it's the same thing as increasing the difficulty by flooding the screen with enemies and dropping the framerate down to a crawl. Standards of quality should kick in at some point, I would think, because it's not that LASO is too hard, it's that it's poor.

Spartan094
January 30th, 2011, 09:06 PM
It's just the 3 last elites I hate the most and what took up 3 hours. Die and repeat.

Siliconmaster
January 30th, 2011, 09:27 PM
^This.

Hotrod
January 31st, 2011, 12:26 AM
I really don't get why you guys had so much trouble :S Get the Sword Elite to attack Jorge by getting it to spawn then running away from it. Once it dies, take it's sword and use it's regular melee to kill the concussion Elites. Since you're meleeing them, your shields will keep coming back and you won't die :S

Kornman00
January 31st, 2011, 04:51 AM
To add more salt to the wound, they shipped the game (AFAIK this was at ship) with campaign commendations which stop giving you any reward for individual increases after you hit silver. You end up only earning that 12.5k plus maybe 300 for completing. Yeah, twist that knife, twist it good. Oh, while you're back there, clean up some of that lube, you used just enough; I like to feel pain when I'm getting fucked. What's the point of an awards system if it stops rewarding you?

Spartan094
January 31st, 2011, 05:02 AM
Since you're meleeing them, your shields will keep coming back and you won't die :S
Your forgetting about 2 elite concussion rifle elites hammering down on you if your taking one on. Then again if I kill a concussion rifle elite ONE of my friends die which made me mad.

New weekly challenge is complete 77 games of MM and its worth 11k, Grifball time.

Oh look a modder who is at Inheritor
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=HK+Knight+Owl&sg=0

Kornman00
January 31st, 2011, 07:29 AM
New weekly challenge is complete 77 games of MM and its worth 11k, Grifball time.
Dude, I started playing GB this morning and for the first 3 games all anyone was doing was going for the challenges :|. My team mates would NOT do anything related to touching/acquiring/molesting/looking-at/scoring/throwing/bouncing or kicking the ball. They just ran off and started killing the other team like they were going to get 6 multikills/assists and 15 CQC kills all in one fucking game.

After about 90mins I had only finished 7 games because in two of the games, the other team decided "oh, lets hog the ball and taunt the other guys for 15 full minutes, *crouch repeatedly*. The only satisfying thing about it is that in one of those games (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=457627409&player=kornmanOO), I signal handedly won the game for my team (who were off jerking off blue team in the corner), even with all of blue team's ball hogging bullshit. Too bad they can't combine Hot Potato and GB into one.

Shock120
January 31st, 2011, 09:54 AM
How many reserved gametypes does Bungie have for Halo Reach? and what are they?
(like Grifball and Rocket Race)

Hotrod
January 31st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Your forgetting about 2 elite concussion rifle elites hammering down on you if your taking one on. Then again if I kill a concussion rifle elite ONE of my friends die which made me mad.
I'm just saying what I did to complete the challenge. Took me and a friend 51 minutes to complete as I think I've said before :P

DarkHalo003
January 31st, 2011, 05:31 PM

Oh look a modder who is at Inheritor
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=HK+Knight+Owl&sg=0
Haha he got reset.

And, believe it or not, I still think this guy is legit:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Challenges.aspx?player=xXSAVIORS0ULXx

Hasn't been reset yet anyways.

Hotrod
January 31st, 2011, 05:43 PM
Oh course he's legit, have you seen how much he plays?

jcap
February 1st, 2011, 11:23 AM
He boosts in firefight. He's not legit. He doesn't get banned because all you need is a few kills to not get caught.

Hotrod
February 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Oh, I guess you're right. I just looked through his games and all it's mostly just Firefight. But what I originally meant is that he didn't mod or hack his profile to get there.

Kornman00
February 2nd, 2011, 05:13 AM
Oh, I guess you're right. I just looked through his games and all it's mostly just Firefight. But what I originally meant is that he didn't mod or hack his profile to get there.
FF boosting is just as bad IMO. I fucking cannot stand assholes who do it and are able to still get away with it. For a while I thought Arcade was going to be FF's savior, but then I ran into some people who were doing it in there too. Guess they couldn't find any games in regular FF! Even when I've switched on the "skill" filter, I've ran into idling assholes who just stand there jumping up and down :|

Pooky
February 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
I think I liked Halo better before ranks, credits, and all this other bullshit :ugh:

sevlag
February 2nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
some "girl" was bitching on bungie.net that there wasnt enough "slim" armor for her female spartan...

i honestly think that takes the cake for "dumbest thing to whine about"

Arteen
February 2nd, 2011, 04:32 PM
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1049288
That could have been a fun skull. Thanks for not bothering, Bungie!

sevlag
February 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
just read that its possible (but very hard) to fly the seraph, appearently it uses the banshee's string set so its possible to fly it.

Arteen
February 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/
My guess is Joystiq's sources are full of shit and there's no such thing.

Kornman00
February 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM
There's a thread in the HaloCE forum for that (see this thread (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22764-Kinda-shocked-no-one-posted-about-this-yet...&goto=newpost#post571850))

Hotrod
February 4th, 2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/
My guess is Joystiq's sources are full of shit and there's no such thing.
Yeah, I saw that too. I wouldn't be surprised since they could make so much money by making that game. I mean, I for one would definitely buy it.

Botolf
February 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I wrote an in-depth review. You should read it.

http://i.min.us/ibK6u8.jpg

Act I (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1idUW0oqtboVFEJhffg5LSZ9ovvf4lWzNIRwnFxtdws 8)
Act II (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=13-rIcNC5_Kul7kKjRvfaIXf-FzcqvIxe3252uQxA7Ps)
Act III (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1HCgI-GiDlKHqP-alsEv5OKwR3GpflSgrebkKMIN9h-U)
Summary (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1MDZHX5D5135GITrH3I9nVxi-lwZuv1XqJ-ntf7HQ8x4)

Futzy
February 8th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Saw that on GAF. Read through almost all of it. Good stuff.

annihilation
February 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM
FF Arcade is now a core playlist. :haw:

Kornman00
February 8th, 2011, 09:56 PM
FRG and Fiesta Attack ftw, I can finally work on automatic weapon kills without having to play boring score attack variants or risking laggy FF games with idlers.

Also, Bro Slayer is pretty cool.

can't wait for the new DLC too

Hotrod
February 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I'm loving all these playlist changed. The community maps this time around are actually really good too (since the ones last time were just alright). Invasion Skirmish adds a nice variety to the Invasion playlist, so that's good. SWAT Objective is also a nice addition to the SWAT playlist and I'm so glad to see that come back. And finally, Rocket Hog Race is actually really fun.

Kornman00
February 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah, RHR is an INSANE amount of fun. They should make race a grab bag every now and then :/

Futzy
February 9th, 2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.halodestiny.net/news.php?readmore=1208#skip

Here's a story you will not find anywhere else yet, and moreover, an exclusive French, see International ! As the title tells you, here is the name of the next map pack for Halo Reach the Defiant Map Pack ! Again thank you to our ninjas for this extraordinary action, and rather quickly. But now, talking more in detail about this new map pack. Before you disclose everything, I wish to inform you that it is possible that this pack is not made available to the public , for the simple reason that it is also a test for another map pack . Be careful again, but rest assured, you can certainly put your feet on the land.

Let's start with the contents of this pack, which includes 2 multiplayer maps , and little novelty in the DLC card Firefight ! Bearing sweet names Sentenced and Highlands , the map shows it is called FF Unearthed , here also, an overview of recent, at least the icon of the cards you will see appear in your list in local content, in the order listed:

This is typed card BTB, but how to Storm, playable 4 against 4 very easily. This pack will weigh 450MO, and certainly available (if appropriate) for 800 Micosoft Point:

- Unearthed : As a card for the baptism of fire, will be easily playable at 4 against an army of Covenant , and it seems even more open than can be map On the Beach.
- Condemned : It is situated in space, and seems to be human in the frigate destroyed during the mission "A long night of comfort", namely the Savannah . Playable 4 against 4 as it will accommodate the best 12 players .
- High-lands : Map apocalyptic situation, because during your battles, a croisseur Covenant will be happy to lead the rest through its firing to vitrify Reach, as you can see in the pictures below. This card could be adapted to be used as qu'Invasion, and all other game modes, and can accommodate from 8 to 16 players . This card draws much of the essence of Halo: CE .

And for your enjoyment, here are some pictures of these same cards, at least, more particularly from Terre Haute . We are sorry the quality of these images, we have not yet at our disposal a HD capture card , so we had to content ourselves with our poor cameras, waiting again for new ways to buy a digital SLR (joke).

1 4v4, 1 big team/invasion, 1 large vehicle oriented firefight
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/condemned.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/trainingpreserve.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/unearthed.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/liste_carte.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/multijoueur_screen.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/trainingpreserve_4.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/trainingpreserve_3.jpg
http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/trainingpreserve_1.jpg

Arteen
February 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Meh. I'm not too interested in paying $10 for two MP maps and a FF map.

Hotrod
February 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Well I am, those maps look pretty sick :) Glad to know that they're adding in Firefight maps too. And those maps look beautiful! Can't wait to get my hands on them :)

Kornman00
February 9th, 2011, 02:59 PM
The French got them off pnet (not sure if they're still up on the marketplace though)

Hotrod
February 10th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Looks like a Classic Playlist is coming to Reach : http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=55715741

Yay! :)

leorimolo
February 10th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Looks like a Classic Playlist is coming to Reach : http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=55715741

Yay! :)
FUCK YES! I just REALLY hope they add alot of old halo 1/halo2/halo 3 maps. Im hoping for a lockout on matchmaking...

Kornman00
February 10th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Guess there won't need to be a HaloCE "HD" remake now after all :giggle:

Hotrod
February 10th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Says who?

Kornman00
February 10th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Says me, arrrrrrrrrrr

If it ain't in Blam!, it ain't worth a damn.

Pooky
February 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM

>Implying that Reach classic settings are anything remotely like Halo: CE

:lmao:

Kornman00
February 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
>Implying that Reach classic settings are anything remotely like Halo: CE

:lmao:
> Implying that a remake of Halo: CE in a totally different engine by a totally different studio would be anything remotely like Halo: CE

:lol:

Pooky
February 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
> Implying that a remake of Halo: CE in a totally different engine by a totally different studio would be anything remotely like Halo: CE

:lol:

Actually, I didn't imply that. Nice try though.

Cortexian
February 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM
:ugh:

Stop! do not trolle!

Where was information posted that the rumored "remake" will not be in blam! Kornman?

Kornman00
February 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Actually, I didn't imply that. Nice try though.
http://www.modacity.net/forums/images/customavatars/avatar2417_23.gif (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?2417-Pooky)

Where was information posted that the rumored "remake" will not be in blam! Kornman?
Spreading rumors (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?22764-Kinda-shocked-no-one-posted-about-this-yet...&p=571833&viewfull=1#post571833).

Cortexian
February 11th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Ah okay, well if it's not on the blam! engine it won't feel like Halo and therefore I won't like it. Sounds like they're literally just milking the franchise cow at this point.

p0lar_bear
February 11th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Kornman, steal Prometheus and finish it so we can make our own CE remake on Blam 4. :v:

Futzy
February 11th, 2011, 12:23 PM
For those that haven't been following the map stories, they are made by 343i. Videos abound on youtube.

Hotrod
February 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
No wonder they look very Halo 1-ish and awesome

Kornman00
February 11th, 2011, 01:29 PM
For those that haven't been following the map stories, they are made by 343i. Videos abound on youtube.
map stories?