PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]

DarkHalo003
March 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM
VIP was SUCH a wonderful gametype in the Halo 3 Beta. I still think the Beta had some gameplay elements that should have stayed; then again, I'm still convinced that if they scoped the pistol and introduced the Reticle Bloom as a tool for the AR, then Halo 3 could have been even better.

JackalStomper
March 26th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Reticle bloom doesn't mean much when you can just fire 3 shots then melee the guy to kill him.

DarkHalo003
March 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Reticle bloom doesn't mean much when you can just fire 3 shots then melee the guy to kill him.
This is true. I do like the current setup with Halo Reach, however.

Pooky
March 26th, 2012, 11:59 PM
VIP was SUCH a wonderful gametype in the Halo 3 Beta. I still think the Beta had some gameplay elements that should have stayed; then again, I'm still convinced that if they scoped the pistol and introduced the Reticle Bloom as a tool for the AR, then Halo 3 could have been even better.

The H3 AR already has degenerating accuracy, there's just no indicator on the crosshair. It doesn't make much difference though when its damage output is so pathetic that you pretty much need a melee to get the kill.

Kornman00
March 27th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I really wish 343i would do a beta. Just so I can prove that people latch on to what they first encounter.

nuttyyayap
March 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Or maybe that's why they're not doing one? Maybe they want you to love ONLY The finished product?
Or maybe I'm just bitter.

Pooky
March 27th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I really wish 343i would do a beta. Just so I can prove that people latch on to what they first encounter.

You would be wrong.

DarkHalo003
March 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM
The only things from the Reach beta I was sad to see go were the Plasma Repeater (that gun kicked ass back then) and having different shaded colors for Invasion based on your Spawn-Bro. Other-wise, the team really ironed out a lot of balance issues (like the grenades being mini-nukes rather than mini-rockets like they are now, sigh) and the game is still very enjoyable.

As far as the Halo 3 beta goes, there were a lot of tweaks I agreed and disagreed with, but most dealt with changes to the maps rather than the weapons. The Carbine is still incredibly useful even if it was weakened since the beta, but the fact that it doesn't appear in half of the maps makes me very :(. I loved how the Halo 3 Beta had the weapon/equipment/vehicle layout in the beta versus now.

Pooky
March 28th, 2012, 06:04 PM
What I don't get with Halo 3 is why certain weapons like the carbine weren't even present in the maps for forging. Surely they weren't that pressed for tag space.

Pooky
March 29th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Originally, the forge wasn't meant to be anything bigger than "moving a few weapons and spawns around." When Bungie realized the opportunities for forge, they jumped on a new sandbox design known as Foundry to give players the freedom to create whole new maps from virtually nothing.

Later, of course, came Sandbox which blew up into the ultimate forging environment.

In fact, if I recall, Forge was an idea that was thrown in at the last minute and almost didn't make it into the final game.

Yeah, but it affects things like custom gametypes too. You can't ever set the Carbine or the Plasma Rifle as starting weapons because they aren't present in all maps. Again, I can't see any real reason for them to do that.

DarkHalo003
March 29th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, but it affects things like custom gametypes too. You can't ever set the Carbine or the Plasma Rifle as starting weapons because they aren't present in all maps. Again, I can't see any real reason for them to do that.
I feel that was the most frustrating part. I mean, if everyone starts with a weapon there will at least be plenty of that weapon to find on the map because of that source. I'm not sure why Bungie didn't allow starting weapons to include all weapons.

Delta4907
April 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
As most of you probably know your service record on Bungie.net no longer updates, and this includes your player model. If you still want it to update to get a high res image, and a 3D rotating .avi of it, follow sawnose's instructions here: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=71225779&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1

(http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=71225779&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=1)Here's mine in gif form:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9294/playermodel.gif

DarkHalo003
May 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I recently read this:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

This plausibly sums up all of my feelings regarding the gamers and community involved with this game.

DarkHalo003
June 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
inb4 Korn says it sucks.

Should be cool if it works well though.

Kornman00
June 22nd, 2012, 01:38 AM
inb4 Korn says it sucks.
I'm more irate from someone posting a link to something using a fucking FB redirect. Thankfully, HBO hosts local copi (http://halo.bungie.org/halobulletins/55)es so no one has to get redirected from FB to 343 land.