PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Yoyorast Island V2 Promo

Ganon
November 29th, 2009, 01:09 AM
http://hivclan.net/hivshack/images/9yxo3wgjqpn4j12nd7.png
yOh-dQ1p-cA

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJ4J8LJT

I felt it deserved it's own thread, so I present to you my entry for the Yoyorast V2 video contest. It was something I've been working on for the past 4 weeks or so, mostly on the weekends. For the mostpart, everything you see is done by me with the exception of the map. I'd like to thank SFX (Yoko) and Higuy for patiently helping me with getting some footage (not as easy as it looks), +rep these kids, they are the best :] Props to the guys who worked on this map, you managed to create quite a work of art, despite working with a long outdated engine. The song is Stompbox by The Quemists (goddamn you star trek DVD commercial stealing my song). I learned a ton from making this video, despite getting extremely sick of working on it at a few points, hope you all enjoy it! Oh and another thing, I'm always looking for editing work, so just ask me and i'll see what I can do, all for free (must add 2 portfolio + get practice). ;)

Yoko
November 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
hey great vidya good luck between you, lateksi, ty, and mookz

InnerGoat
November 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
You messed up on the tags, baka :)

Also yeah you did a good job on the video I enjoyed it.

BobtheGreatII
November 29th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Great work. I vote this.

Timo
November 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Only thing I didn't thinked worked was mixing fast paced music with slow pans. Other than that, pretty neat :]

Higuy
November 30th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I am the best actor ever.
Rep me
rep me
rep me

Nice work Ganon, loving it. :)

Cortexian
November 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I like your video the best, but I can't vote for it because it didn't follow the rules! :saddowns:

Higuy
November 30th, 2009, 07:12 PM
It followed the rules obviously becuase it got in :downs:

Also, the very first thing yoyorast said before the rules is that it didn't need to be exactly, but it should come near and that was fine.

K now, what's supposed to be inside your vid ? Well you are completly free guys, as long as it shows the map to it's best.
Just try to come close to some or all of these points :
derp, guess your just mad.

Cortexian
November 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM
It followed the rules obviously becuase it got in :downs:

Also, the very first thing yoyorast said before the rules is that it didn't need to be exactly, but it should come near and that was fine.

derp, guess your just mad.
I'm pretty sure he meant to say that those were rules, when he said that we're free to do whatever we want he meant in relation to filming and editing and such. The 4 minute requirement was supposed to be just that, a requirement!

Jelly
November 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant to say that those were rules, when he said that we're free to do whatever we want he meant in relation to filming and editing and such. The 4 minute requirement was supposed to be just that, a requirement!
The only reason to enforce the 4 minute rule is if the video shows too little of the map. This is not the case in ganon's video.

Fake edit: Yoyorast's post does not say the 4 minute limit is as rigid as you are implying.

Cortexian
December 1st, 2009, 12:01 AM
The only reason to enforce the 4 minute rule is if the video shows too little of the map. This is not the case in ganon's video.

Fake edit: Yoyorast's post does not say the 4 minute limit is as rigid as you are implying.
Things get lost in translation between French and English conversion. Plus, if that were the case, how come that wasn't a requirement instead of listing a specific time?