PDA

View Full Version : On Halo CE, I can't remove the chat on haloNoText

DPeDroiA
November 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hi,
I was making a video for the yoyorast 2 contest.
You can help me now, since there is no way for me to do many changes when there is an hour left LOL.
Anyways, when I downloaded haloNoText, it did not work.
I have Windows 7. I have compatibility with Windows XP Service Pack 2 on Halo CE and the program as well.
I also tried Halo Screen Options. It did everything except for removing the chat.
I don't know if it is Windows 7 problem or the new 1.09 patch.
Before I upgraded to Windows 7 (I had Vista) and before I downloaded the new 1.09 patch this worked (and removed the chat).
On my other Vista computer, the haloNoText works fine (and it is updated to the latest patch)

How come this won't work? I tried it on regular Halo, and that worked. But, on Halo CE it won't.

TEMPTii
November 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Use this (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2910) instead. It gives you more options and its way easier.

jcap
November 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Use this (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2910) instead. It gives you more options and its way easier.
He said he tried that but it doesn't remove the text.

TEMPTii
November 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Oh my bad :ohdear:

Isn't there a devmode command for it then?

jcap
November 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Oh btw, as a poor "solution" for no text, you can always uninstall msxml 4.0. Of course, then you won't have ANY text until you reinstall it. It's good if you are only looking to film action and/or have another mean of communication.

DPeDroiA
November 29th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Oh my bad :ohdear:

Isn't there a devmode command for it then?

I tried to find one on the list of dev commands, but couldn't find one :(

Dwood
November 29th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Ehh if someone can find what addresses haloNoText modifies I'll look into fixing it. The 1.09 update musta put the nails in the coffin.

CrAsHOvErRide
November 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
App is compiled into VB6...not touching that with a normal debugger.

You just need a VB6 disassembler.