PDA

View Full Version : Ivory Tower Firefight

Dwood
December 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
It's pretty good so far. Other than a few minor things, the closed beta people really like what I have going with it... For those that didn't get the well gee thread, this is meant to be the revelation.

Release date: Either before or after Christmas, depending on whether or not I finish up my Open Sauce configuratin'.

This map will be both Open Sauce AND Non-Open Sauce Compliant.

IF you have Open Sauce and ARE able to use it (requires patch 1.08 only so far) the stats will be able to be saved in between sessions of Halo.

What this means!

-When you hit a save point, certain stats will be saved, and may be loaded into Open Sauce via a map's scripts any time.

-The stats system devised in this map will then be able to be used in any other map made with Open Sauce to take advantage of these extra options!

What it means for you, the player:

- You will not be required to play this with Open Sauce. You will simply be unable to take advantage of the extra options provided.

- If you do use Open Sauce, the better you do on this map, the more options you will be provided in any other map released by Me or possibly Lodex.

For those that are interested in using Open Sauce without requiring it to play the map, please pm me after this map is released.

People who have betas may post videos on xfire and get it linked here, however I bet your versions will be way out of date for a week or so. :(

If you have custom weapon tags you don't mind being in a map which will be unprotected, please let me know. As much as I love the original weapons, using them for the past 6 years has gotten, dare I say it? old.

Oh, and if I finish this on time I'll ask Ghost/jcap/p0lar to host the map on the site for donors to play or something like that.

t3h m00kz
December 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
.. pics?

Dwood
December 2nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
I would but I kinda had to write that essay in my thread over there. I'll have something up soon enough.

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
d-d-d-double post! After some modifications a rather donator-only download of this map will be available if jcap ever logs on.

Gwunty
December 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
you forgot to mention I will also have this beta

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM
you forgot to mention I will also have this beta

You will if you don't mind donating some tags to the effort.

Gwunty
December 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM
give me some better means of contacting you and i will gladly have negotiations

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Whelp. Download's up for donators :O.

ps L28 numbers I want to talk to you on xfire some time.

Dwood
December 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM
open betaaaa

http://tehlag.modacity.net/one/notpix/lookit/it_ff7.zip

Heathen
December 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
someone tell me how it is.

Dwood
December 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
someone tell me how it is.

At this stage, it's more of a brawl than a Firefight when you get past wave 4... Don't expect a FireFight portent, think closer to Lodex's FireFight.

Timo
December 9th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I crashed randomly during the first wave when I was on the lift the second time I tried it out :[. Not sure what caused the crash.

t3h m00kz
December 9th, 2009, 02:56 AM
less flood more covenant. Covenant don't spawn with rocket launchers on the second wave.

Also I'm noticing the flood infection forms don't have the popping particles.

L0d3x
December 9th, 2009, 03:58 AM
At this stage, it's more of a brawl than a Firefight when you get past wave 4... Don't expect a FireFight portent, think closer to Lodex's FireFight.

So I should expect allies, dropship action, allied reinforcements, etc?

Dwood
December 9th, 2009, 04:40 AM
So I should expect allies, dropship action, allied reinforcements, etc?

Eventually.

Dwood
December 9th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I crashed randomly during the first wave when I was on the lift the second time I tried it out :[. Not sure what caused the crash.

I don't know what would cause a person's computer to crash when playing to be honest... I'll run through the script to be sure there isn't an overload of any sorts but as far as I know there are none.

Perhaps go into dev mode and check to see if there's any ai leaking out of the map? I'd do it but I have to go to school.

@ mookz- I made it so they spawn near the second 'wave' because of how they're set up. Unless you're going over certain specific areas repeatedly, it shouldn't be a problem. No ai spawns randomly, and the term 'wave' is only there b/c I couldn't think of what else to call it lol.