PDA

View Full Version : [Rule Suggestion] Ban Drunk/High Threads.

CodeBrain
December 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
I don't care if Chains was "pretending" to be drunk/high or not, these threads in general are fucking horrible.

They end up no where except for massive flame wars which then lead to infractions/bans.

TBH I think Modacity should have a "Drunk/High Thread, Instant Ban" policy.

If a user posted a Drunk/High thread (EVEN if it was a joke) they would be put in the detention forum for being disruptive and completely annoying.

Over the years I have been on Modacity, a lot of these kinds of threads have appeared numerous times. It gets quite annoying to see shit like this. Modacity is not fucking 4chan you crazies.

n00b1n8R
December 4th, 2009, 12:14 AM
2nd.

BobtheGreatII
December 4th, 2009, 12:18 AM
3rd.

Timo
Crappy drunk posts shouldn't get harsher penalties than plain old crappy posts.

flibitijibibo
3rd.

E: Ninja'd. Uh, 4th. And yeah, maybe not an instaban.

Pooky
December 4th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Crappy drunk posts shouldn't get harsher penalties than plain old crappy posts.

It's not the shitposts, it's when people create threads for the sole purpose of shitposts.

Timo
December 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Then crappy drunk threads shouldn't get harsher penalties than plain old crappy threads? I understand that they're annoying but outright banning someone would be pretty stink. Just have the mods to warn the posts instead of just locking and binning them would be better.

ICEE
December 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
why dont we just ban chains? :eyesroll:

Cortexian
December 4th, 2009, 12:29 AM
why dont we just ban chains? :eyesroll:
He's not the only one that's made horrible drunk threads, but he's probably doing out of some childish need for attention (ex: "hey look at me I'm underage and I'm drunk, derp!").... I've seen quite a few drunk threads that were fairly amusing from other members, and they never ended up going down the shitter either!

p0lar_bear
December 4th, 2009, 12:55 AM
These types of posts fall under the whole shitpost category, as said.

:words:

can i buy you a drank?

Timo
December 4th, 2009, 01:19 AM
can i buy you a drank?
Sure, but please don't ban me if I make a thread while intoxicated!

draaaaaaaaank

StankBacon
December 4th, 2009, 01:23 AM
its just like any other shitpost, and should be warned/locked as such... no need for harsher punishment.

Bodzilla
December 4th, 2009, 01:28 AM
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS~!

People need to chill the fuck out tbqh. it's a little thing from time to time that happens.

teh lag
December 4th, 2009, 05:51 AM
We're not going to permaban people for this. It's just spam and gets treated like any other spam. We can take care of people who are regular problems with stuff like that.

CodeBrain
December 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry for unlocking this against moderator orders, but it seems like you guys are confused about what I said.

What you guys are assuming is this:

TBH I think Modacity should have a "Drunk/High Thread, Instant Ban" policy.

You guys instantly read that and went on to post.

I didn't mean actually ban them, as I stated here that:

If a user posted a Drunk/High thread (EVEN if it was a joke) they would be put in the detention forum for being disruptive and completely annoying.

Oh well, I guess if a moderator/admin really thinks that this deserves to be locked, I will leave it up to their decision. If a moderator/admin DOES lock this thread, it will not be opened again.

Timo
December 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that wasn't there last night ?

CodeBrain
December 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
All I edited into the OP was the addition of "the" and "forum" for the bolded, italic, underlined sentence.

All of that was originally there before.

If you are telling me that wasn't there before, you my friend...

:haw:

Heathen
December 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM
So I was right, he was high.

Also, 3rd.

t3h m00kz
December 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I must have been over on Halomaps too much, I figured he was trollin'.

CMT RIPPZZZ

If you get drunk, make drunk POSTS not drunk THREADS :fail:

teh lag
December 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Alright, I misunderstood what you were suggesting. I still don't think that it warrants a stay in detention. At most, we just ban them for a day and let them sober up if it's really bad (which I remember happening on a few occasions).

I also find it funny that you're complaining about the spam that comes from those threads when you seemed to be wholeheartedly enjoying making posts that I wouldn't think twice about infracting otherwise.

Also, it is not your decision if a thread gets reopened for discussion. You've been warned about this (I made a point of mentioning it in your detention thread, didn't I?) but it doesn't seem to have really sunk into your head. If you really feel that there is more discussion to be had, you talk to a staff member. You do not unlock it and go "well sorry but I think this should be open". This is a bit of a bad habit of yours.