PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea.

Dwood
December 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Shadow spartan told me this would be rather simple to accomplish but because of my inability to do so, I'm posting it here.

How about an app that reads a scenario file, takes the placement of magmums, and places ai spawn points with the same name as those magnums' points?

ShadowSpartan
December 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Shadow spartan told me this would be rather simple to accomplish but because of my inability to do so, I'm posting it here.

How about an app that reads a scenario file, takes the placement of magmums, and places ai spawn points with the same name as those magnums' points?
I said it would be easy to accomplish if someone knows how to load a scenario tag. To my knowledge, not many people know how to do that.

Even if you do get some AI spawn points placed, that won't help much, if at all.

Skyline
December 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Where's the idea?

Dwood
December 4th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Where's the idea?

. :maddowns:

StankBacon
December 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM
what would be the point of this?

Dwood
December 4th, 2009, 06:25 PM
what would be the point of this?

Simplify the placing of ai in a map. currently if one wants to have ai in their map, they have to place every single spawn point in guerilla.

This way one could place a bunch of weapons down and then have a script that takes the coordinates of the weapons (proxy weapons, if you will) and creates a spawn point for each weapon at each spawn-point.

That way you can create a map with ai in it without much hassle. AND without requiring an app so large you may as well be doing prometheus.

Shock120
December 5th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Simplify the placing of ai in a map. currently if one wants to have ai in their map, they have to place every single spawn point in guerilla.

This way one could place a bunch of weapons down and then have a script that takes the coordinates of the weapons (proxy weapons, if you will) and creates a spawn point for each weapon at each spawn-point.

That way you can create a map with ai in it without much hassle. AND without requiring an app so large you may as well be doing prometheus.:tinfoil:

I said it would be easy to accomplish if someone knows how to load a scenario tag. To my knowledge, not many people know how to do that.

Even if you do get some AI spawn points placed, that won't help much, if at all.there would be no reason to try anything with ai, as all effort fails.
If you want ai, follow some tuts on H2X, it should work the same way as H2V.

you need to take to consideration,
Scenario requires:

Actor Palette
Vehicle Palette
Weapon Palette
AI Squad Types
AI Squads
Characters
AI Zones
AI Triggers

SBSP requires:
Pathfinding Preferences

Char tags, and AI enable address.

on H2X, this information, would be ripped from SP maps, and then injected into MP maps, where you'd have to adjust the spawn points in the AI Squads.

Modding Halo 2 will never be as good as Halo 1.