PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
What's the maximum number of bsps allowed in a map file?

Choking Victim
December 6th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Open a scenario in guerilla, click add until you can't anymore in the structure bsps block, the number shown in the listbox + 1 is your answer. Cool huh?

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Open a scenario in guerilla, click add until you can't anymore in the structure bsps block, the number shown in the listbox + 1 is your answer. Cool huh?

Oh hey didn't think about that lol. 16 it is then!

chrisk123999
December 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM
16, but you already figured that out.

ShadowSpartan
December 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
16, but you already figured that out.
What's the point of even posting if he has already figured it out? Simple answer, there isn't one.

Con
December 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
You're both just stating the obvious in the end.

jcap
December 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
It's increased to 32 in OS.

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 09:04 PM
It's increased to 32 in OS.

Yeah I know, but I want my map to be both OS and non-os compliant if I go with what I'm planning.

ShadowSpartan
December 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah I know, but I want my map to be both OS and non-os compliant if I go with what I'm planning.
As far as I know, that tag block will not throw any exceptions when used by a normal executable (without OS running). I haven't tested that block specifically, so I'm not entirely sure. It's worth a shot to try compiling a map with more than 16 bsps using the OS tools, and see if you can run the map without OS.

Dwood
December 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
As far as I know, that tag block will not throw any exceptions when used by a normal executable (without OS running). I haven't tested that block specifically, so I'm not entirely sure. It's worth a shot to try compiling a map with more than 16 bsps using the OS tools, and see if you can run the map without OS.

I'll try and see what happens. If not perhaps a person could make an app that allows 32 bsp maps without specifically requiring Open Sauce for anything but map compilation maybe?

ShadowSpartan
December 6th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'll try and see what happens. If not perhaps a person could make an app that allows 32 bsp maps without specifically requiring Open Sauce for anything but map compilation maybe?
If it doesn't work, then it would still require some form of an application in order to make Halo not exception. Why wouldn't you want to use OS for something like that if an external application is required?