PDA

View Full Version : Find Halo CD Hash?

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I already know of programs to find the Halo CD Key, or even how to do it myself. What I want, however, is a way to find your Halo CD Hash (What servers use to ban.) Does anyone know how to do this?

Inferno
December 9th, 2009, 10:20 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\Inferno\My Documents\My Games\Halo CE\Banned.txt

Get someone to ban you then get the hash out of there.

Ganon
December 9th, 2009, 10:22 PM
You might even be able to ban yourself, try going into a game hosted by yourself and type sv_ban 0 (or 1 maybe).

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I mean without banning. A simple app to run on your computer that spits it out, without going through that process.

ShadowSpartan
December 9th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I mean without banning. A simple app to run on your computer that spits it out, without going through that process.
You would need to figure out how the hash is calculated, and only a few people know how that is done. Just do what Inferno (CN3089) told you to do.

Inferno
December 9th, 2009, 10:27 PM
How many keys do you intend on hashing...

I mean seriously.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Because I'm in a clan with a public banlist, and when people appeal some may not know which entry is them, because of a name that they haven't used in a while, or some other reason. I want an app to make finding the ban by their CD hash extremely easy.

supersniper
December 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
lol this fag wants to get keys from the hashes!
ahaha that's hilarious!

ShadowSpartan
December 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I want an app to make finding the ban by their CD hash extremely easy.
Not going to happen.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
You mis-understand me. I don't want CD Keys, I want CD hashes which shows up when a person is banned. I want a program that would spit out a persons CD Hash so they can search a banlist for that specific hash A CD Hash is not confidential information, and there is no way to get a CD Key from a hash that I know of (Couldn't care less, really)

No need to call names, supersniper.

jcap
December 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
lol this fag wants to get keys from the hashes!
ahaha that's hilarious!
Nah, I think he just wants to do a forward lookup. Meaning, he'll have the people who are banned run the app to generate a hash, then that can be compared against the banlist.

But yeah, not going to happen.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Is there a specific reason for this? Has no one figured out how yet? Or is there some security issue with it?

Sel
December 9th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Enable server logs, start a server, might need to be dedicated, and then open the log in your mygames/halo ce folder and there will be something like PLAYERJOINED and it will have your has listed somewhere close to that line.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Let me present a scenario. A Person gets banned under a name he uses only once for some reason.

A month or two later, he decides he wants to be unbanned. He doesn't remember the name he used, and therefore cannot find his ban entry. The program would show them their hash so they could find this entry.

Sel
December 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Server logs will have something along the lines of PLAYER JOIN FAILED and their CD hash following that, allowing you to find the CD hash in the ban list and remove it.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Server logs will have something along the lines of PLAYER JOIN FAILED and their CD hash following that, allowing you to find the CD hash in the ban list and remove it.

I'm a ware of this. *sigh*

I guess there's no known way, or it poses too much of a security risk :smith:

ShadowSpartan
December 9th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Is there a specific reason for this? Has no one figured out how yet? Or is there some security issue with it?
Did you not read my post? (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=495612&postcount=5) It has been figured out, but such an application will not be released.

jcap
December 9th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm a ware of this. *sigh*

I guess there's no known way, or it poses too much of a security risk :smith:
The method of generating a hash is known by only a few people, but for certain reasons it cannot be disclosed.

You might just want to create a "new server" (just delete the banlist) and have everyone who is currently banned on your server join it (you might want to password protect it). You can go through and ban everyone who joins to create a nice new log in your banlist.txt. After you have everyone you need, open that file and you should see their alias and hash. Now just copy the hash from that file and find its associated entry in the old banlist to delete. It's really more simple than it sounds.

Inferno
December 9th, 2009, 11:01 PM
The method of generating a hash is known by only a few people, but for certain reasons it cannot be disclosed.

Could it be reverse engineered? That would create some serious problems.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I know it's extremely easy, I just want a method that wouldn't require a server operator to help in obtaining the hash, or a user having to set up their own server who may be an in-experienced user, for a person to make a post requesting an unban.

ShadowSpartan
December 9th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I know it's extremely easy, I just want a method that wouldn't require a server operator to help in obtaining the hash, or a user having to set up their own server who may be an in-experienced user, for a person to make a post requesting an unban.
Seriously, you cannot have that many people asking to be unbanned. If you do, then you really need to reconsider who you have given banning privileges to, as well as what warrants a banning in your server.

This will not happen, end of story.

Could it be reverse engineered? That would create some serious problems.
No, you cannot get the CD Key from the hash.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 11:09 PM
We don't have THAT many people requesting an unban, no, but I simply wanted to know if it was possible and got a bunch of sour responses. Thanks to those who were being helpful about it.

Horns
December 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
We don't have THAT many people requesting an unban, no, but I simply wanted to know if it was possible and got a bunch of sour responses. Thanks to those who were being helpful about it.

That's because you were told no and kept on asking why even when people had already told you why.

jcap
December 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
That's because you were told no and kept on asking why even when people had already told you why.
I don't blame him for seeking a second opinion. In this case however, you're just going to have to take our word for it.

taterSALAD
December 9th, 2009, 11:21 PM

Actually, nobody told me why, they just said "Not Going to Happen" If you noticed, when I got a why

I stopped asking

I'm done. Thanks for your help guys.