NerveBooger
December 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Mongoose Point
GV0DicMU5J8

Download: http://www.filefront.com/15157829/Mongoose_Point.zip

Mudwinder
9c76cyL2tWQ

Download: http://www.filefront.com/15157839/Mudwinder.zip

EDIT: 12/20/2009 - Provided download Links (above) and the mongoose (below)

Download: http://www.filefront.com/15180191/H3_Mongoose-Complete.zip

teh lag
December 13th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Post the links and I will move this to the release section.

Ganon
December 13th, 2009, 07:47 PM
you and your mud slaphappy :downs:

tythespy
December 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
nicely driven, looks fun.

Dwood
December 13th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Where'd you get those tags?

Matooba
December 13th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Where'd you get those tags?

What He Said!?

StankBacon
December 14th, 2009, 03:20 AM
who cares?

Anton
December 14th, 2009, 03:34 AM
who cares?

Looks fun, and I for one will enjoy these upon release.

Rook
December 14th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Great work slappy :)

=sw=warlord
December 14th, 2009, 07:21 AM
who cares?
Because some people like to be credited for the work they put into them maybe?:allears:

Shock120
December 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Because some people like to be credited for the work they put into them maybe?:allears:stolen. :report:
j/k, looks nice.

Ki11a_FTW
December 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Very nice job for a mod, also, no complaining about the tags please.

TeeKup
December 14th, 2009, 01:21 PM
What did you do to Freezing Point...:gonk:

chrisk123999
December 14th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Isn't that the yoyo v2 atv?

Matooba
December 15th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Credit used to be something. How can you say "no more about tags" Polar? This is a clear Flame: (Insult to another member) in retrospect. I will comment on the map in spite of this.

I liked the mud effect and the volume of rain that fell. It gave a nice ambiance to it. The HOGFOOT was really nice and complimented the map nicely. The ramps could have been designed with better texture, seemed a bit flat looking. I found the terrain to be a bit to singular leveled . The textures on the dirt was great! Canyon walls could have used definition to it. The driving route seemed quite challenging and laid out well. Good Job!

NerveBooger
December 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Thank you Matooba. While I loved playing on mudwinder because it was mostly testing and goofing off and figuring out that complex crap of vehicle physics - (and where the makers and nodes are placed for proper weight ratio and center of gravity), the map itself is bleh mud, rain on sidewinder - boring. But the thing I did notice, was that I had fun on it, so yes, I agree many of the textures were lets say "thrown together" without much talent or skill - you will notice improvements from mudwinder, to be compared against Mongoose Point. I also edited the skin of the Flamehog (didn't like the bitmap from the flamethrower being on the flamehog) and used and edited h2/gaus hog skin - in my judgment (and hopefully yours too), these will be considered improvements, not detriments.

I did try very hard to get textures and shading perfect on both the mongoose (thanks Pepsi), and on mongoose point - to be flattering, and to be an improvement of both my skill, and upon Matooba's well made Mongoose, and an improvement upon the enjoyability/maneuverability of the ride - and much more improvement on texturing the map bases, cliffs, ground, sky, weapons, effects, particles, etc etc.

For those of you that are highly skilled in vehicle modeling, like hunter, matooba, etc - I really wish more of your vehicles were publicly "available", (and skinned too, sorry hunter) and yes, the credits go to the authors! The text file accompanying the map, includes the credits.

It should be said, I am not good at politics nor public relations, so if I offend any, its not intended.

Matooba
December 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
NerveBooger, Those are not my goose physics. tehLags. I do like your map seeing as I like regular offroading in what we call here: "The Pipeline" (interjection- The map Pipeline was released by armoured fury as he was a bitch-n-drunk) I would actually be interested in maybe doing some vehicles for offroad maps. Got any plans?

TEMPTii
December 16th, 2009, 12:02 AM
That's a pimped looking Mongoose, can't wait til we cant play it in action :D

NerveBooger
December 16th, 2009, 12:20 AM
NerveBooger, Those are not my goose physics. tehLags. I do like your map seeing as I like regular offroading in what we call here: "The Pipeline" (interjection- The map Pipeline was released by armoured fury as he was a bitch-n-drunk) I would actually be interested in maybe doing some vehicles for offroad maps. Got any plans?

Nope, not on any projects now (make maps, ruin marriage, save marriage make maps, lather-rinse-repeat) Anything in mind?

Con
December 16th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Mudwinder looks like an entirely new map, I like it. Mongoose Point looks fun too. Nice job, +rep

Matooba
December 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Nope, not on any projects now (make maps, ruin marriage, save marriage make maps, lather-rinse-repeat) Anything in mind?

Actually I was thinking of a Goose type offroad map. Make a few different variants of the goose for different tastes.

Donut
December 16th, 2009, 12:10 PM
who cares?
because somebody might want to use them?

im loving the skin edit on the flame hog though. that is cool.
E: i like how you made it so you can get around mudwinder with the jumps. the only issue i can think of is the lag on a server. vehicles dont tend to stay in their original paths with halo's netcode

p0lar_bear
December 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Credit used to be something. How can you say "no more about tags" Polar?

Because modding Halo CE should be not much more than a hobby by all rights. Yeah, it sucks when you make something and people use it without acknowledging the fact that you're the creator, however, misattribution is something people should worry about only when the creator has legal stake in it and is making money off of it, and the "theft" would hurt the creator. I know damn well all of you (talking to the entirety of the community) have more important things to worry about than who's stoleing you're tagz in some old, crappy, unsupported game.

At most here, people should be flattered that others like their content enough to implement it in something that uses the content in a new, highlighting way, and should just laugh it off when someone rips tags just because the author thinks that mashing it all together will make it good.

t3h m00kz
December 17th, 2009, 01:26 AM
but haloz supported it been gittin updatez latelyyy!!!

Seriously though, fullheartedly agreed. Once you put something in this engine and distribute it, protected or not, people have the potential of somehow accessing the assets.

Scooby Doo
December 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
looks cool.

these remind me of the olden days, back when Killa was teh shiz niz, gas was only $0.55 a gallon and we were all just wee little laddies. (except kornman and polar bear...they are old. ;] )

... YAY (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=279)

NerveBooger
December 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Download links added to first post. Weird: supplied these to halomaps a while ago, but still not showing (on vacation I guess), will update first post when available -

Dwood
December 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I want the tags. :P

Rosco
December 18th, 2009, 05:53 PM
looks cool.

these remind me of the olden days, back when Killa was teh shiz niz, gas was only $0.55 a gallon and we were all just wee little laddies. (except kornman and polar bear...they are old. ;] )

... YAY (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=279)

KiLLa pretty much made halo halo for me

FreedomFighter7
December 18th, 2009, 06:53 PM
:awesome:

The goose seems too big for a spartan though, spartans are like 8 feet tall which is why all the vehicles seem so small to them. Thats a feature I never really liked. The sheer size of real life vehicles really adds an awe factor to the thing. Like the jets in BF2, I think they're not only cool looking but their size is awesome to. Though, it does look great now that it fits the size of the spartans.

chrisk123999
December 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Would this: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5063
happen to be the same one in the map?

NerveBooger
December 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Yes:

Halo 3 Mongoose:

- Model by Matooba.
- Skin by Pepsi.
- Shaders, Tighter camera track & physics by me.
- Driver/Passenger Anims by Matooba, HDoan, FlaminGrain and Teh Lag.

You are guaranteed to have fun on this ATV!It's the same model you saw on Yoyorast V2, just better in appearance and superior in handling. (not intended as a slam/flame)

To use: place the entire "m257_multvp" folder in your tags/vehicles directory, add then place the m257_multvp.vehicle in your map in sapien, compile.

NerveBooger
December 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Other Credits:

Vehicles:

- Halo 3 Mongoose - by Matooba. You are guaranteed to have fun on this ATV!It's the same model you saw on Yoyorast V2, just better in appearance and superior in handling. Skin by Pepsi, Shaders, Camera, physics by me. Driver/Passenger Anims by Matooba, HDoan, FlaminGrain and Teh Lag, Orig skin by Sgt. Botley. Tighter camera track by me.

- Flame Hog - from Immure 2 by NeuroKoNeza/MotherGoat: ZTeam: CtrlAltDestroy, Choking Victim, ShadowSpartan (updated gun bitmap by me, and a new sexy skin as well - thanks Pepsi)

- Monster Hog - "Hogfoot" - Also by Matooba, skin and physics by me (yes, slightly different and improved from Hillbilly Mudbog - not so tippy/flippy but still real-like feel - not easy to drive on mudwinder race path

- H2 Coventant Turret - Caz/Knave

Weapons:

- USP Pistol - Caz
- Assault Rifle - ut2k4/Atmar O/Others
- Grenade Launcher - Atmar O/others (projectile by me)
- Brute Spiker - H3Mt (projectile by me)
- Sexy Flags - by me
Bungie:
- Shotgun
- Sniper Rifle
- Plasma Pistol
- Flamethrower
- Needler
- Grenades (h2 frag, custom plasma by me)

I apologize for any credits omitted or mis-attributed -

chrisk123999
December 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Missing: vehicles\warthog\bitmaps\metal_curvedscratch.bitma p

and the animations for it.

Bastinka
December 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
German-Land restricts the second video you posted :(
Due to Sony Music Entertainment or something, just another video that I can't watch without using a Proxy.

NerveBooger
December 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Missing: vehicles\warthog\bitmaps\metal_curvedscratch.bitma p

and the animations for it.

Here's the bitmap: http://www.filefront.com/15178479/metal_curvedscratch.zip

And I am positive the bitmap is not animated. :tinfoil:

But, if you are referring to the mongoose animation tag, yes, it is included in the zip file for the mongoose, on file front, and halomaps.

"m257_multvp.model_animations" I was pretty darn sure that all pieces were self contained in the folder, good find. I wonder, isnt that a stock bitmap for the warthog? - hope so.

Note: if you extract the goose from either map, the animations can become corrupt (animation function block - easy fix if you know what to look for)

CrAsHOvErRide
December 20th, 2009, 02:08 PM
German-Land restricts the second video you posted :(
Due to Sony Music Entertainment or something, just another video that I can't watch without using a Proxy.
http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/?p=123

I get so many visits each day just because of that post :iamafag:

NerveBooger
December 20th, 2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.vivid-abstractions.net/?p=123

I get so many visits each day just because of that post :iamafag:

Your link/site is broken: "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_admin() in /home/bmp92/public_html/vivid-abstractions.com/wp-includes/query.php on line 99"

All your forums are belong to us.

CrAsHOvErRide
December 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Your link/site is broken: "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare is_admin() in /home/bmp92/public_html/vivid-abstractions.com/wp-includes/query.php on line 99"

All your forums are belong to us.

Upgrading to new WordPress right now :iamafag:

Matooba
December 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Because modding Halo CE should be not much more than a hobby by all rights. Yeah, it sucks when you make something and people use it without acknowledging the fact that you're the creator, however, misattribution is something people should worry about only when the creator has legal stake in it and is making money off of it, and the "theft" would hurt the creator. I know damn well all of you (talking to the entirety of the community) have more important things to worry about than who's stoleing you're tagz in some old, crappy, unsupported game.

At most here, people should be flattered that others like their content enough to implement it in something that uses the content in a new, highlighting way, and should just laugh it off when someone rips tags just because the author thinks that mashing it all together will make it good.

Or I could Just Release the originals but seeing how I told Yohan I wouldnt till 3 Months after his Yoyorast V2 release, I would have rather seen them about ripped after this period. I will talk to Yohan and just ask if its ok to just release the set. Fyi, there are 9 different variants of this mongoose.

On a second note: I'm learning 3d animations and modeling in hopes of making some money from it. I posted this on my cgimax site as work I've done. The new site build will show this when its complete.

I do however like this persons map, it looks nice for an offroad map. I even spoke interest in making some vehicles with him/for a map.

chrisk123999
December 20th, 2009, 03:33 PM
The player animations to get it, not the model animations.

NerveBooger
December 20th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Player Animations:

Because the Mongoose has custom player animations for the driver and passenger, you must use the "cyborgoose_mp.model_animations" - included with this file in the cyborg animations folder - or it won't work. Place the cyborgoose_mp.model_animations tag in your tags\characters\cyborg_mp directory. Edit the biped you are using, and change the animation graph reference to use this file instead of cyborg_mp.model_animations.

-Updated Zip file has the complete tag set for the mongoose, and includes both the missing bitmap, (and was re-referenced in the shader) and the mongoose player model animations.

Download: http://www.filefront.com/15180191/H3_Mongoose-Complete.zip

Thanks Chris

Updated download link in the first post

DarkHalo003
December 22nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Yo Slaphappy? Is overwriting or extracting the mongoose (and tagsorz) from Mudwinder to my own tagset fatal? It gave me an error that my tagsource is screwed and blahblahblah and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

*I overwrote some vehicle files to get the updated mongoose (tis better than YoyoV1 mongoose) in Mudwinder.

NerveBooger
December 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM
Yo Slaphappy? Is overwriting or extracting the mongoose (and tagsorz) from Mudwinder to my own tagset fatal? It gave me an error that my tagsource is screwed and blahblahblah and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

*I overwrote some vehicle files to get the updated mongoose (tis better than YoyoV1 mongoose) in Mudwinder.

No - you can overwrite recursively and it will not modify existing tags - which Is why I put all tags/bitmaps/etc associated with this vehicle in it's own folder. You will see that Mudwinder had m257_multvp.vehicle, and m257_multvp2.vehicle (they are the same - just did that for the globals vehicle pallette to have the same vehicle gametype settings as sidewinder)

However - extracting alone can fubar some tags, usually animation tags - happens most frequently with the scorpion. This WILL happen if you extract the mongoose - you just need to learn how to fix it - sorry - I suck as a teacher.

I suggest you download rather than extract if you are concerned with overwriting tags. A good behavior is to backup your tags often, and especially when extracting (Even Jesus saves - so should you :realsmug:)

If you extract the plasma.projectile (plasma grenade) it WILL overwrite your existing plasma grenade and bitmaps

DarkHalo003
December 22nd, 2009, 05:15 PM
It's alright now. I fixed it up with a separate extraction (the filefront dl) of the mongoose and everything is good now. So now that my woes are out of the way:

-Great, great mongoose. Kudos to you and Matooba for implementing it right. Cant wait to use one of these in my own maps (with proper credits of course).
-Mudwinder is very different and was a good mod.
-Now I'm going to see how Point is.

:awesome:

yoyorast
December 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Or I could Just Release the originals but seeing how I told Yohan I wouldnt till 3 Months after his Yoyorast V2 release, I would have rather seen them about ripped after this period. I will talk to Yohan and just ask if its ok to just release the set. Fyi, there are 9 different variants of this mongoose.

On a second note: I'm learning 3d animations and modeling in hopes of making some money from it. I posted this on my cgimax site as work I've done. The new site build will show this when its complete.

I do however like this persons map, it looks nice for an offroad map. I even spoke interest in making some vehicles with him/for a map.

Sure it's ok now Mat, can release.. thanks again for your baby ! and happy chrismas to everyone !

PS : I still don't have any comp.. hope to be back more often in january ;)