PDA

View Full Version : Sky problem

Higuy
December 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM
So I've been working on this new sky of mine, and it works fine. The only problem I've been having with it is some rendering issue. Basically, there's two things that go around the entire level in the sky. Theres the clouds from Timberland, and then there's the mountains used in CMT Tensity. For some reason, the Mountains always draw first rather then the clouds, which make it look quite bad. The actual model of the sky has the clouds first before the mountains, so im really not sure why its not rendering correctly, other then that it might be a shader problem.

Here's a pic of what I mean.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2010/wtfssa.jpg

Help's appreciated.

Skarma
December 21st, 2009, 05:37 PM
The frame buffer is cleared and the sky box is always rendered before any other visible faces in the bsp(back to front). The cause of the problem is probably not in the renending process, but most likely how the bsp was built. I'm no expert though, I've never even made a map before since I only program, I'm sure someone else has had this problem before that can help.

chrisk123999
December 21st, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that is the skybox model and not the BSP. Check your post on halomaps, I think someone solved it there.

Higuy
December 21st, 2009, 05:48 PM
I fixed it, thanks anyway guys. :downs: