PDA

View Full Version : Ammo count glitched

Ifafudafi
December 23rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
So I have this weapon. It's magazine based (20 rounds), but has a charge ability which shoots 10 rounds at once. Primary fire is like the Plasma Pistol (just mash teh button to get rounds out.)

When I try it in game, the primary trigger only expends 12-16 rounds before auto-reloading; it changes every time. Charging works fine though; shoots 10 rounds twice.

Just an engine glitch or did I miss something?

UnevenElefant5
December 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
You might have some wierd value under "rounds per shot" like 1.4 or something, causing the count to be off.

CtrlAltDestroy
December 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
if you set the "minimum rounds loaded" field in either of your triggers, then that's your problem

You might have some wierd value under "rounds per shot" like 1.4 or something, causing the count to be off.

that field is a 16-bit integer, you cant have floating point values entered

Ifafudafi
December 23rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
No, that's at 0. I'm screwing around with ammo counts here and there; so far I can't figure it out.

p0lar_bear
December 25th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Remove the charge effects temporarily and see if that's the root of the problem. You know how much Halo loves to screw up 4th grade mathematics.

Ifafudafi
December 26th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that did it; guess it's just another got damn engine glitch. Stick this in the record books: Ammunition based weapons cannot charge properly without glitching.

I'll try running it off a battery with a modified HUD bitmap and see if that works better.

E: Yeah, there we go, but now half the concept is down the drain. I'll probably just replace it with something else.