PDA

View Full Version : Coagulation Redux

Resinball
December 24th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Just some quick Youtube of the new Coagulation Redux closed beta, enjoy.

Coming soon to a Moose server near you, if your one of the twelve people that still play right ;)

Spartan Laser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM9J-lqF2uQ&feature=channel

Machine Gun Turret
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lhDjk100p8

Gravity Hammer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjiOumnmTV4

Map also features AR, BR, Carbine, Recon Rifle, Shotgun, Pike, Gravity Lift, Man-Cannons, Box-Shield, Pistol and more.

Updated Coag Redux alpha (March 26th 2010).
http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalon...on%20Redux.map (http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalone/Custom_Maps/BETA/coagulation%20Redux.map)

t3h m00kz
December 24th, 2009, 01:08 AM
When you say Pistol,

do you mean the MLG rape machine

Resinball
December 24th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Yes I mean OG Pistol, 3-4 shots and they're dead. I plan on putting only one on the final release (somewhere near the center of the map perhaps) and then two lesser strength black pistols in the base near at old magnum spawn.

Heathen
December 24th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I know h2v isn't as flexible as Halo 1 was (how ironic is it to be able to say that?) a lot of this is too horrid to be remarkable. I guess kudo's on getting h2v this far.

Resinball
December 24th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah its horrible, I'd love to see the comparison, oh wait. There are none.

Yes many of the weapons still need further refinement, but this is how far I've gotten in six months. Again, no-one else has bothered because its not easy. The main issue is that you cannot make new animations. Anyways, the AR and the Pistol are near perfect and they should be as they are where I started.

Heathen
December 24th, 2009, 02:33 AM
There are plenty of comparisons, as I made in my post, but since I have already stated my point and given you the kudo's you deserve, I will leave your thread where I stand. +rep to ya.

Resinball
December 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM
I see your perspective, but there are zero custom H2V weapons to compare these to...if you are comparing to CE or 2X, well there are better tools and documentation, examples, people to ask, etc.

Granted theses quick vids do not give the best examples about what is so fun about this map.

Shock120
December 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM
I see your perspective, but there are zero custom H2V weapons to compare these to...if you are comparing to CE or 2X, well there are better tools and documentation, examples, people to ask, etc.

Granted theses quick vids do not give the best examples about what is so fun about this map.just CE, h2x is dead. :smith:
The coag redux, needs more vehicles.
spectres,
ghosts,
banshees (normal+heretic)
warthogs (gauss,troop,default)

vehicular combat is more fun.

Resinball
December 24th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Well thats what I wanna know, this one is for the people who play Coag a lot, you know if your one of them. You want more Coag and yet you want it a little different and yes there are a million varients on CE of everything but on H2V we need more.

So on vehicles, what you want Shock? And where? My main concern is tanks, they are too powerful and if one team gets both its over for the nub team.

I added man-cannons (two on each base) so you have more options in regards to how you enter the fray. Also, if you play Coag, you know all the semi-cheapness that goes on, I admit I do it also; like sitting on the tele to block a flag carrier. Now that tactic will not work as well.

If I can get the Flamethrowers flame to appear correctly then it may be the centerpiece.

t3h m00kz
December 24th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Yes I mean OG Pistol, 3-4 shots and they're dead. I plan on putting only one on the final release (somewhere near the center of the map perhaps) and then two lesser strength black pistols in the base near at old magnum spawn.

have my babies

right now

Shock120
December 24th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Well thats what I wanna know, this one is for the people who play Coag a lot, you know if your one of them. You want more Coag and yet you want it a little different and yes there are a million varients on CE of everything but on H2V we need more.

So on vehicles, what you want Shock? And where? My main concern is tanks, they are too powerful and if one team gets both its over for the nub team.

I added man-cannons (two on each base) so you have more options in regards to how you enter the fray. Also, if you play Coag, you know all the semi-cheapness that goes on, I admit I do it also; like sitting on the tele to block a flag carrier. Now that tactic will not work as well.

If I can get the Flamethrowers flame to appear correctly then it may be the centerpiece.I said, what I said, no tanks needed.

8 (16 in total) Ghosts on each team (quick respawn time)
2 (4 in total) Warthog; default variant
1 (2 in total) Gauss Hog (long respawn time)
2 (4 in total) Troop Hogs (quick respawn time)
6 (12 in total) Banshees with quick respawn time)
2 (4 in total) Spectres (quick respawn time)
2 (4 in total) wraiths (long respawn time)

these are some crazy figures, :realsmug:

is it possible to make them spawn after another? kinda like Halo 3 does?

place the vehicles in an order similar to the original Bungie placements.

Resinball
December 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
That is a shitload of vehicles. I'm thinking about adding cover for some vehicles as abusing the other teams vehicles is another cheap tactic.

samm5506
January 30th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Let me just say this in advance, sorry for bumping a month old thread (not that this forum is very popular anyways).

I've been unactive in the Halo CE community for about 3 years now, my name was SPARTAN04. I actually made that Spartan Laser model in the video, lol. I would recommend getting someone else to remodel it. It's poorly modeled and not to mention the model itself.

Resinball
January 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Well my plan was to use temporary placeholders until I could locate better models or model better myself. That way I at least have something that is functional. It may not be the best model but for now it serves my purpose and so I thank-you for providing it to the community. I actually have better models, but I am trying not to use ripped models for release (only to learn from).

I contacted a few teams but the main issue is that everyone and their grandmother is so against H2V content creation because it was a pretty sad port AS WE ALL KNOW but from my perspective damn near everything has been done in HCE, while H2V has barely been explored.

Some of the weapons (not shown here) are perfect, but the equipment is what we really have fun with. My portable Gravity Lifts (10 uses) rock especially when compared to the physics limitations in CE. And while the Box Shield still needs more attention it does work, I never thought it would.

If anyone wants to take a look at the most recent weapons and equipment they have been refined further in this release of Sandtrap Remix:
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/90e2a3b/Sandtrap_Remix_(Jan_22_2010).zip (http://d01.megashares.com/dl/90e2a3b/Sandtrap_Remix_%28Jan_22_2010%29.zip)

...as the released Coag Redux is still in beta form.

CodeBrain
February 3rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
The thing is I would LOVE to build applications and/or tags for H2V, however on the application side I have no idea how to program (my name is from making Action Replay codes) and that tagging in a sense is limited by how much you are capable of doing.

Shock120
February 4th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I contacted a few teams but the main issue is that everyone and their grandmother is so against H2V content creation because it was a pretty sad port AS WE ALL KNOW but from my perspective damn near everything has been done in HCE, while H2V has barely been explored.I'm pretty sure, most teams you contacted were most likely against modding h2x as well as h2v.
5HptMIgQN_k
would be great to do all this shit on PC.
ai in MP
scripts
MPC
BSP Conversions
Skinned maps
modded weapons
custom vehicles

Resinball
February 4th, 2010, 06:28 AM
R U high Shock?

ai in MP
scripts
MPC
BSP Conversions <- How is this not possible?
Skinned maps <-"Ditto"
modded weapons <- "Ditto"
custom vehicles <- Yeah I wish..

...actually, if someone could redirect the compiler to look into a new shared.map file (like shared2.map) then that would be the safest place to start injecting new vehicles and such, that way we could put whatever we wanted in there and leave shared.map file alone. I seem to recall something like this is possible in CE for single player?

ARG! Halo 2 Vaseline Edition

Resinball
March 27th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Updated Coag Redux alpha.
http://www.monstrmoose.com/killsalone/Custom_Maps/BETA/coagulation%20Redux.map

http://www.monstrmoose.com/repository/images/headers/header_7.jpg

CTF is still the best variant for this map as I have not designed it for true Slayer.

It should have the same name as the other, I did not add a V2 because as I see this map it is still in an alpha stage. I still have more plans for the BSP.

Basic Change-log:
I've added some weapons and removed others. Lowered the respawn time on many weapons and added more ammo pickups. Fixed Bubble Shield. Added alternating weapon(s) that rotates between spawning a Rocket\Splazer\Fuel Rod in the center of the map and spawning a Splazer/Sniper/Beam Rifle at each base. So you never know whats in the center. Also the rifles in the field switch between AR or BR. Fixed overpowered pistol. Removed HCE Pistol, replaced with lesser powered Black Pistol.

Changed some Frags into Plasmas, no longer do you have to leave the base without one.

Also added a few more team spawns. And make note there is currently no extra Sniper or Rocket ammo.

Oh and a second Black Pistol so if you are parallel to the center you can grab one and have a distance weapon if no BR is available.

t3h m00kz
March 28th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I can't find my fucking H2V key, god damn I want to play this

Pyong Kawaguchi
March 29th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I want more like this, anyone want to play? add me on xbl: s1r 0wns alot

Resinball
March 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
You can play this one and more custom maps on the 24hr MonstrMoose Custom Map Server.

Here is the current map cycle:

Team Play on Narrows
CTF Hammer on Sandtrap Remix V2
Devolved on Tombstone Devolved
CTF Hammer on Narrows
Hog Races on Vertigo 3
CTF Hammer on New Mombasa
Team CTF on Vangard
Hog Wars on Vertigo 2
Team CTF on Blood Gulch
Team Play on Beach Battle
Team CTF on Ice Canyon 2
Fast Juggernaut on Tombstone
Scorch Shee Wars on Sol System 1.5
On UR Own on Battle Zone 1.5
Team Play on Sandtrap Remix V2
Hog Races on Vertigo 2
CTF Hammer on Coag Redux
Team Play on Tombstone

If only distribution was not such an issue, and by that I mean I wish that people could download while a map is in play or at least be provided with a DL link.

Direct downloads: http://www.monstrmoose.com/repository/maps.html